Been a long time player of TEW and EWR but have always been the type that starts and stops A LOT of games. I really enjoy playing the 1991 Rising Storm mod as it seems to have been done very well and that's when I started watching wrestling.

Right now I'm just over a year into my WWF game and I've been slowly transitioning the older wrestlers out by having them job to younger stars like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho. Everything has been going really well and my last event Wrestlemania 8 actually got a 92 rating.

The only problem is at the end of the month it says I made over a million dollars in profit but my money went from 4.5 million to about 2.6 million. This isn't the first time this has happened either as about 6 months before that it said I made about 500 thousand one month but my money went from 5.6 million to about 2.8 million. Any reason for this? Is it something to do with the mod because I've never had it happen before or is there something behind the scenes that I'm not seeing? I did notice that two stories came up around the time this happened. One being the steroid scandal and the other being about how WWF wrestlers were being accused of sexual harassment. My prestige did go down after both of these events but does this also effect your money?

Hoping someone can provide me with an answer as I'm really enjoying the run I'm on but I'd hate for this random money losing thing to ruin my game.

If you look in the editor, you'll see that there are multiple entries for the Sex Scandal and the Steroid Scandal. One is for prestige crashing and another is for financial crashing.

The steroid scandal also crashes the industry rating in USA.

I was actually looking in the editor for these two events but couldn't find anything. I did notice the industry rating in the States has been plummeting and figured this probably would also impact my money as well. I'll have to take a look when I get home.

Thanks for the response.

Ok, I just checked that and sure enough that's exactly why I'm losing money. Thanks again the responses. I was worried it was a bug in the game or mod which would of ruined the experience for me and that would of sucked hard as I'm really into my save right now.

Ok, I just checked that and sure enough that's exactly why I'm losing money. Thanks again the responses. I was worried it was a bug in the game or mod which would of ruined the experience for me and that would of sucked hard as I'm really into my save right now.

Yeah, not so much a bug, and more a sign of the times in the early 90s!

Archived