I first started on these forums back in 2005 and made a lot of mods especially during the TEW 07/08 times. Mostly focused on the early 90s stuff and was also involved with The Death of the Territories mod started by Eric Baker which was probably the best real world mod ever made back in the day.

I was looking over the forums and it seems like TEW 2013 has taken the early days of the game to a whole new level which is exciting! Can anyone tell me what they think about how the game plays for historical mods? Again I love taking the 70s,80s, and even 90s time period and trying to play it forward to modern day to see how things develop. Does the game play well doing that or is the evolution of the game over time a little rough around the edges?

Tell this old timer what you think about this awesome game!!

Hmmm...I'm kind of surprised no one answered this so I'll try.

1. The 1970, 1983 (spiritual successor to DOTT), and the 1985 mods are all amazing. You can still get the 1987 Genadi mods that were the long-time mod benchmarks for historical play too.

2. There are still some of the long-time concerns (not really issues). Regional companies still don't go anywhere (or grow that often), the AI is still a lousy booker at times, Cult feds burn through money like a drunk guy in Vegas, and while the Alliance system should be amazing, it sucks horribly. Basically, it only penalizes the player without adding any real benefit that wasn't there with the pre-set working agreements previous versions have.

3. The biggest changes in the guts of the game are these 3. 1) How Mic/Entertainment-based angles are calculated have been totally changed. Before, a nobody with a golden voice could never do well in angles because they had no pop. Now, a great talker can gain a ton of pop just doing angles no matter what their pop is as it will score high. This makes pushing certain people much, much easier than previous games (and conversely keeping them down in the pecking order is harder). 2) National+ is harder to reach especially if the mod uses variable Importance (meaning the region's importance can drop which means your pop in that region has to be higher to make up for it), BUT you can sign wrestlers to Written deals at Cult. 3) Wrestlers stats improve a lot easier and faster even with it being debuffed a little in the last patch.

4. A few other odds and ends like House Shows are automated which is good, storylines have no scripts to them anymore (the old unchained storylines from previous versions), and I love the pic packs available for all 3 of those mods I mentioned above.

Archived