From the Archives of WWE Network: The New Generation

World Wrestling Federation Championship Match

"The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon © vs. Sycho Sid w/Ted DiBiase

The WM rematch seems like a lock, but I can almost bet that someone is going to heel turn either before or during it.

Casket Match

The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer vs. Big Mabel w/Ted DiBiase

Hopefully you can get Taker out of the mire that was the M$C feud.

Handicap Match

Waylon Mercy vs. The Smoking Gunns

WIVES are gonna PEE in Waylon Mercy's hands.

WWF Women's Title Match

Alundra Blayze © vs. Sunny w/Skip

While Sunny is not a "wrestler" per se, I could see her gaining the win here just to turn into a weasel champ, winning thanks to Skip and not defending the belt if she doesn't have to.

"Double J" Jeff Jarrett & The Roadie vs. The 1-2-3 Kid & Bob "Spark Plugg" Holly

A win here for the faces can set up a great Kid/Jarrett match at Summerslam.

WWF Tag Team Title Match

The Million Dollar Team © w/Ted DiBiase vs. The Allied Powers

A turn for Lex will be so good for him, he needed to just go all out heel in the WWF for so long.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Henry O. Godwinn w/Hillbilly Jim

A serviceable win for the blue blood.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Wrestling Federation Championship Match

Casket Match

Handicap Match

WWF Women's Title Match

"Double J" Jeff Jarrett & The Roadie vs. The 1-2-3 Kid & Bob "Spark Plugg" Holly

WWF Tag Team Title Match

The Million Dollar Team © w/Ted DiBiase vs. The Allied Powers

Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Henry O. Godwinn w/Hillbilly Jim

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFBZSZZl6-ODH1vn00YwETtM-lJD7SmYrkOpjQhatZlked1v3RJm8BQSEgNA

In Your House: Psychosis

WWF Tag Team Title Match

The Million Dollar Team w/Ted DiBiase © vs. The Allied Powers

Luger and Bulldog had several run ins with each other since losing the tag team titles the night following the King of the Ring, but their issues seemed to have been dealt with going into this match. The Allied Powers dominated early on, using tags and quick manuevers to isolate Watts, but a distraction from the omnipresent bodyguard of the Million Dollar Corporation, Chris Benoit, caused the tide to reverse to the champions. Watts and Fortune then isolated the Bulldog, scoring several near falls on Davey Boy before he could rally and get the hot tag to Luger. Luger plowed through what remained of the tag champs, however in the commotion the referee was temporarily knocked down. Bulldog broke up the two on one on Luger, and took care of both Fortune and the interfering Benoit. Watts attempted to bring the tag team title belt into the ring, but Luger intercepted him and then drilled him with said title belt. Unfortunately, the referee took that exact moment to turn around, and promptly disqualified Luger for using the belt.

Winners as a Result of a Disqualification and STILL WWF Tag Team Champions: The Million Dollar Team

Following the match, Luger argued with the referee about the decision, before finally losing his cool and shoving the referee to the mat. Bulldog attempts to console him, but Luger loses his temper with him and shoves him to the mat as well, before storming off to the back.

Backstage we see Jerry "The King" Lawler, smirking with Todd Pettengill about the match he has tonight with Bret Hart. Although WWF President Roddy Piper has banned Solomon Jacobs from the ringside area for the match, Lawler says that he is in Oklahoma City tonight and he will be watching as Lawler takes whatever's left of Bret Hart's carcass and ends his career tonight.

Match #2: Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Henry O. Godwinn w/Hillbilly Jim

A match resulting out of Helmsley's attempts to "civilize" the WWF, the resident hog farmer (and his newly christened manager, Hillbilly Jim), both men started off in a surprisingly technical fashion, as Godwinn managed to show up the American blueblood with a variety of technical holds. Helmsley's cheating ways gave him the upper hand early on though, but Godwinn managed to fight back and nearly scored a victory with a huge gorilla press slam. Godwinn signaled for the end with a Slop Drop, but a timely placed thumb to the eye seemed to blind the hog farmer. Helmsley took advantage and quickly stripped off the turnbuckle pad, but Godwinn came back and started brawling with the aristocrat. After a couple of minutes of this, Godwinn tried to whip Helmsley into the corner, but Hunter reversed and sent the unsuspecting Godwinn straight into the exposed turnbuckle, before rolling him up and holding his overalls to score the victory.

Winner by Pinfall: Hunter Hearst Helmsley

After the match, Hillbilly Jim came in to check on the dazed Godwinn, but Hunter insulted him from behind. They got into a shoving match, and Jim started waylaying on Helmsley, but Hunter hit a low blow, doubling over the manager. He sets Jim up for the Pedigree, but Godwinn comes over and clotheslines him down, before grabbing his slop bucket and dumping the disgusting contents all over Helmsley's head, much to the delight of the crowd.

We get a promo for Summerslam in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, where the Heat will be On.

Match #3: Handicap Match

Having defeated both of the Gunns in singles matches, the undefeated Waylon Mercy actually challenged them to this handicap match. After coming down all smiles, once the bell rung Waylon turned into the ferocious animal that he had always been. However he appeared to have bitten off a bit more than he could chew with the Gunns, as the two brothers managed to control much of the match in a way that Mercy wasn't used to seeing. Still, Waylon Mercy managed to isolate Bart Gunn at one point, and seemingly eliminate him from the match with a huge backbreaker that sent him sprawling out to the floor. Billy fought valiantly at that point, but eventually succumbed as well, being beaten with the same sleeper hold that had put out virtually everyone in the WWF.

Winner by Submission: Waylon Mercy

Backstage we are standing by with the winner of the 1995 King of the Ring, Big Daddy Cool Diesel, who stands ready and waiting for the winner of tonight's match between Razor Ramon and Sycho Sid. He says he would love nothing more than to avenge his loss to Razor at Wrestlemania and regain his WWF title, but he has vengeance on his mind for Sid, for sidelining Shawn Michaels. After mentioning Michaels, Diesel comments that they've worked things out between the two of them, and that everything is copacetic once again between the two men. He ultimately doesn't care who wins tonight's match, just know that at Summerslam, Big Daddy Cool's bringing back the gold.

Match #4: Casket Match

Having seemingly put the Undertaker out of commission for good, Big Mabel had melted down the Undertaker's urn and turned it into a gold chain for himself. Undertaker's return at King of the Ring, however, led to this final confrontation, a casket match. Big Mabel tried to use his power and size advantage to literally throw his weight around, but Undertaker was like a force of nature that couldn't be stopped. Taker eventually hit a huge bodyslam on Big Mabel, before rolling the five hundred pounder into the casket, removing the remnants of the urn from DiBiase's grasp, and closing the lid on the Big Man.

Winner of the Match: The Undertaker

After the match, as The Undertaker is celebrating, a singular spotlight shines down on the entryway, as we see Waylon Mercy standing there, smiling and clapping at the Deadman. Undertaker seems a bit taken aback by this, but Mercy merely smiles and points at him before leaving the arena.

Backstage we still see Lex Luger storming through the arena complaining about fairness. Bulldog tries to talk with him, but Luger doesn't want to hear any of it. He says that if fairness and honor is to return to the WWF, then he'll have to be the one to bring it. He then gets in his car and drives off.

Match #5: WWF Women's Title Match

After weeks of taunting the Women's Champion, Sunny seemed ready to put her money where her mouth was and take the title for herself. However, as Alundra Blayze was set to make her way to ringside, she was blindsided by a large black haired woman that Mr. Perfect identified as Rhonda Singh from Japan. The woman destroyed Blayze at the ringside area, before chucking her into the ring for the bell to ring, making her easy pickings for the Bodydonna to actually pin and become champion with barely lifting a finger to do so.

Winner and NEW WWF Women's Champion: Sunny

As Sunny and Skip celebrate in the ring, the large woman, Rhonda Singh, merely smirks at Blayze and then stalks off, leaving everyone wondering what the hell just happened.

Match #6: "Double J" Jeff Jarrett & The Roadie vs. The 1-2-3 Kid & Bob "Spark Plugg" Holly

Double J's enemies tried to get some measure of revenge against the opportunistic Intercontinental Champion, but it seemed it would be in small measure. The Roadie actually pulled most of the heavy lifting in the match, impressing most with his mixture of brawling and technical style over the much more experienced Kid and Holly. The teamwork with Jarrett was obvious, but even so The Kid managed to hit a moonsault on Jarrett and nearly scored the pinfall, only for the Roadie to interfere and start a four man brawl. In the midst of the chaos, Jarrett grabbed his ever trusty guitar and waylayed the Kid over the head with it, before scoring a pinfall from the unsuspecting referee.

Winners by Pinfall: "Double J" Jeff Jarrett & The Roadie

Backstage Doc Hendrix has caught up with Rhonda Singh, asking her why she just cost Alundra Blayze the women's championship. She says that she's not a fan of the Barbie Doll Sunny either, but that she is going to ensure that real women athletes get a chance in this industry. She says Sunny's time will come, and she will get an opportunity at the Women's Champion, but she wanted to make a statement against Alundra Blayze first.

Match #7: Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

After years of tension between the two, Lawler came to the ring to settle their issues once and for all. Bret, making his first in ring appearance since Solomon Jacobs destroyed him a couple of months back, was ready to end this feud as well. The match was relatively even paced in the early going, with Lawler scoring an early advantage by attacking the injured ribs of the Hitman. After a few minutes of offense, Lawler tried to end Bret with his patented piledriver, but Hart countered, rallied his reserves and finished off the King with the vaunted Sharpshooter submission, gaining some measure of revenge.

Winner by Submission: Bret "The Hitman" Hart

After the match, though, Solomon Jacobs came from the back and attacked Bret Hart again. Though Bret made more of a good show of it, the tiring match with Lawler proved to be too much to overcome, and Bret found himself once again a victim of Jacobs' devastating chokeslam.

Match #8: WWF Championship Match

Having dealt with challenges from all comers, including last month against Owen Hart and more recently against Cornette's newest signee The Gladiator, the fighting champion Razor Ramon stood toe to toe with the bigger Psychotic one, and managed to actually hold his own for much of the match, nearly scoring a pinfall with a huge fallaway slam early on. Copious amounts of interference from DiBiase and Chris Benoit, though, turned the tide in favor of Sid, who almost beat Razor with a chokeslam. Near the end of the match, the referee was knocked down, allowing Kama and The Million Dollar Team to join Benoit in the assault against the champion, after Razor had hit another big slam to Sid and had signaled for the Razor's Edge. It looked like the end for Razor, until out of the crowd came Lex Luger, brandishing a chair, returned from whatever brief haitus he had set for himself. The Corporation scattered like roaches, leaving Luger and Razor standing tall...

...Until Luger smashed Razor in the back with said steel chair. He stoically looked down at Razor, as the crowd and announcer's were stunned. At first, Vince thought that Luger had sold out to DiBiase, but Perfect points out that DiBiase looked as shocked as everyone else. Luger quietly walked out of the ring as Sid slowly stood up, having seen none of Luger's actions. Sid grabbed the fallen champion and then delivered a powerbomb, just in time for the referee to come to and count the pinfall, crowning a new champion.

Winner by Pinfall and NEW WWF Champion: Sycho Sid

The crowd is still in disbelief as Luger looks back on the ring, an emotionless mask on his face as Sid celebrates winning the WWF Title with the rest of the Corporation. Suddenly from the back, James E. Cornette joins Luger. The two men look at each other, and shake each other's hand to the shock of McMahon. The show closes on Vince's declaration of Why Lex Why? as Razor lies motionless on the canvas.

There are times in wrestling history where an angle or promo, outside the Pay Per View scene, deserves to be expanded upon. Fortunately with WWE Network, we can view some of these moments, such as the seemingly inocuous "Empty Promises" promo cut by Lex Luger the night following his heel turn at In Your House: Psychosis.

Gorilla Monsoon stands in the ring, as Vince McMahon and Jerry "The King" Lawler await the beginning of this interview.

Monsoon: "Ladies and gentlemen, like many of you, I was shocked by the apalling actions of Lex Luger last night here on Pay Per View. Hopefully now, we will get some answers. Please welcome my guest at this time...Lex Luger."

Luger walks out in street clothes to a chorus of boos, but he is flanked by Jim Cornette, the man we last saw shaking his hand at the close of the pay per view. They both nonchalantly get in the ring, as Monsoon addresses the both of them.

Monsoon: "Lex, why in the world are you hanging around with this guy? Cornette has done nothing but be a thorn in your side, why would you choose to associate with guys like him?"

Cornette: "Monsoon the first thing you need to do is keep your opinions to yourself before I sue you for slander and take every last red dime you're worth. Lex Luger, the man before me, doesn't have to answer any of your questions about his association with me or his actions last night! But since we're both nice guys and in a giving mood, we'll give you some news. Last night, I proved once again that I am the greatest, most ingenious mind that the world of professional wrestling has ever seen, and I have assembled the greatest stable of talent that the World Wrestling Federation has ever bore witness to. First and foremost, the King of Harts Owen Hart. Secondly, the greatest big man to enter this company since Andre the Giant, straight from the land of the rising sun The Gladiator. And third, and most importantly, the next World Wrestling Federation Champion, Lex Luger!"

Cornette shows off his latest acquisition, who merely smirks at the boos.

Monsoon: "Are you saying that you're managing him now!? Lex tell me that isn't true!"

Cornette: "Oh it's true Monkey Boy Monsoon. The i's are dotted and the t's are crossed, and I am now the representation for the real total package of the WWF, Lex Luger."

Luger: "That's right Jim. See, Jim Cornette came to me a while ago, and he asked me to join his stable of wrestlers. At first, I didn't really know what to think, and it took me a while for it to finally sink in, that this whole time, I haven't been acting, in my best interest."

Luger surveys the crowd, smiling as he does so, before his gaze fixes on Vince McMahon at ringside.

Luger: "You people are going to have to indulge me a bit, as I go back in time and tell you a story. See all day long people have been asking me "Why Lex Why?" Well the truth of the matter is, part of the problem is sitting right there at that desk. [points to McMahon]. See, a lot of you don't know this, but you've all had the wool pulled over your eyes. You all hear Vince McMahon on commentary every Monday night on Raw, but the reality is he's much more than that. He paid for this ring, this microphone, this whole arena. Vince is the owner, and promoter, of the World Wrestling Federation. He's the power behind the throne, the man who really calls all the shots."

Camera cuts to McMahon, who mentions he never hid this fact from people.

Luger: "He's run this company since he bought it from his dad twelve years ago, and turned it into the global juggernaut that it is today. But two years ago, the guy who had been his cash cow for that whole time, decided to fly south for warmer waters and a bigger paycheck, leaving Vince McMahon without a face for his company. So he came, to Lex Luger, and offered me a lot of promises. He promised me title shots, movie deals, endorsement contracts, everything that you could ever want. And all I had to do was...swallow my pride and be the good little soldier boy and do what was best for my company...and my country."

Luger: "And I admit it...I did exactly that. For two years I swallowed my pride and dignity every night. I shook all the kids hands, did all the photo shoots. The Make a Wish foundation appearances. Kissing the Babies. I proudly sold myself out to be a walking red white and blue billboard for Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation. But all those guarantees made to me, turned out to be nothing more than empty promises. Time and time again, I was screwed over by this company and the people that work here. I was overlooked, passed over, and forgotten about. But still I fought the good fight, and I did what was asked of me, all for you people."

Luger: "And let's get something straight. I don't blame, Jim Cornette, for any of that back then. He was just doing what he had to for his client, he was looking out for his own interests, I don't hold that against him. In fact, he finally convinced me to come around to his way of thinking. Why? Why did I do what I did last night? Because of you people! That's right. After two years of selling out my dignity and laying myself prostrate for you people, what do I get in return? You boo me! You would rather cheer for degenerates like Razor Ramon, Diesel, or Shawn Michaels, then you would cheer for a role model like me. You would rather put your faith in a dead man, then you would in me! And frankly, I grew sick and tired, of catering to your fickle whims."

Luger: "So if you're looking for someone to blame, for Razor Ramon not being champion anymore. All you have to do, is take a good long look in the mirror, and you'll see exactly who's to blame. From now on, Jim Cornette and Lex Luger are concerned with one thing, and one thing alone, and that's the career of Lex Luger. So as far as this company, Vince McMahon and his empty promises, and most of all, as far as these fans are concerned, you can all stick it!"

Leadup to Summerslam 1995

In the build to Summerslam 1995, the event was given a build with a triple main event. Three big matches that wrapped up the big storylines (or continued them as well) of the summer.

The first main event was the promised title match for the King of the Ring, Big Daddy Cool Diesel, though his Wrestlemania rematch had been derailed by Sycho Sid winning the title the month before. Nevertheless, Sid and Diesel had been on a collision course ever since April when Sid joined the Corporation and had put Shawn Michaels on the shelf for several months. The newly crowned Corporate Champion had his eyes set on derailing Big Daddy Cool, but the King of the Ring was looking to become a two time champion in this epic clash of giants. And to make matters more interesting for Sid, Roddy Piper had banned all members of the Corporation from ringside for the match, minus DiBiase himself.

The second main event was a direct result of the events at the previous months Pay Per View, as Razor Ramon sought revenge against the man who cost him the WWF Title, the newly christened "Total Package" Lex Luger. Luger's new manager, Jim Cornette, had tried to get Lex into the title picture, but WWF President Roddy Piper would ixnay that, setting up this grudge match between the two.

The third main event saw the culmination of the battle between Bret Hart and Solomon Jacobs. Jacobs had attacked and hurt Bret Hart a number of times, including a severe beatdown at In Your House Stars and Stripes Forever. While the Hitman scored a measure of revenge against Jerry Lawler the previous month, again Jacobs had attacked him. This time, however, both men would be locked inside a steel cage, to settle their issues once and for all.

In other matches, Shawn Michaels had made his return the night following In Your House Psychosis, only to have his return rained on by Double J Jeff Jarrett, who was busy promoting his new "album" Ain't I Great and the "hit" single "With My Baby Tonight" off said album. Their argument eventually led Double J to smash the gold record over Michaels' head, and eventually lead to an Intercontinental Title Match at Summerslam.

The Undertaker, having dispatched the Million Dollar Corporation in the casket match, faced a new challenge in the enigmatic Waylon Mercy, who promised the Phenom to give him a challenge that he had never faced before. Mercy seemed to try and match the Deadman with Mindgames, leading to some bizarre confrontations over the weeks, including Waylon Mercy in a graveyard speaking to a skeleton as if it were his best friend. The two would meet here, with nothing more than pride on the line.

Having been slopped the previous month, Hunter Hearst Helmsley made a Gentleman's Wager with Henry Godwinn for another match at Summerslam. If Helmsley won, then Godwinn would kiss Helmsley's aristocratic boots. If Godwinn won, then Helmsley would be forced to kiss a pig, mud and all. The wager was made a bit more complicated by Helmsley's "butler" Curtis entering the fray as well, but Henry promised that he had found backup in his cousin from Bitters Arkansas, Phineas.

Sunny was the women's champion, but she was none too keen on defending that title. She had accepted the aid of Rhonda Singh the month before to win the title, but wanted nothing to do with defending it against Singh or Alundra Blayze. WWF President Roddy Piper promised that she would have to do so...in a triple threat match at Summerslam.

Plus the WWF Tag Team Titles were on the line as The Million Dollar Team faced the young team of Chris Jericho (who was making his PPV debut this show) & Lance Storm, the Thrillseekers. We would witness the WWF "premiere" of Goldust at Summerslam, and a six-man tag as Bam Bam Bigelow teamed with the Northstar Lumberjacks, Jean-Paul & Philippe against Tatanka, Big Mabel and, making his in-ring PPV debut, The Crippler Chris Benoit.

Card for Summerslam 1995

WWF Title Match

Sycho Sid w/Ted DiBiase © vs. "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel

"The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon vs. "The Total Package" Lex Luger w/James E. Cornette

Steel Cage Match

Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Solomon Jacobs w/Jerry "The King" Lawler

The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer vs. Waylon Mercy

WWF Intercontinental Title Match

"Double J" Jeff Jarrett w/The Roadie © vs. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels

Triple Threat Match for the WWF Women's Title

Sunny w/Skip © vs. Alundra Blayze vs. Rhonda Singh

Goldust w/Marlena vs. The 1-2-3 Kid

Gentleman's Wager Match

Hunter Hearst Helmsley w/Curtis vs. Henry O. Godwinn w/Hillbilly Jim & Phineas I. Godwinn

WWF Tag Team Titles Match

The Million Dollar Team w/Ted DiBiase © vs. The Thrillseekers

Six Man Tag

Tatanka, Big Mabel & "The Crippler" Chris Benoit w/Ted DiBiase vs. "The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow & The Northstar Lumberjacks

WWF Title Match

Steel Cage Match

Gentleman's Wager Match

Hunter Hearst Helmsley w/Curtis vs. Henry O. Godwinn w/Hillbilly Jim & Phineas I. Godwinn

Six Man Tag

Tatanka, Big Mabel & "The Crippler" Chris Benoit w/Ted DiBiase vs. "The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow & The Northstar Lumberjacks

Steel Cage Match

Gentleman's Wager Match

Six Man Tag

Summerslam 1995

WWF Title Match

Diesel and Shawn holding the top two titles of the company? Sounds like 1995 WWF to me!

The shot in the arm his heel turn gives him can propel Lex toward a title match. Though, I question Vince being called out like that. Unless you intend to have him become Mr. McMahon, I see no reason in him being known on-air as anything but the fuddy-duddy announcer. But, nitpick aside, I am glad to see "The Total Package" rise here; but am a bit surprised to see that the turn did not seem to effect his Allied partner much. Perhaps he turns heel here as well, to join with Luger and Owen in Camp Cornette?

Steel Cage Match

A win here should hopefully get Bret out of the Lawler feud and on track for something bigger.

Big win to put over Mercy.

The Clique strikes back!

Sunny to watch the two beat the crap out of each other and then win via flukey means.

Gentleman's Wager Match

Curtis Hughes, I presume?

New champions, first try!

Six Man Tag

Benoit is a good fit for the M$C really; someone who would benefit greatly from having DiBiase to talk for him. Who are the Lumberjacks really? I'm guessing one is Pierre Oulette, who is the other? (If this came up before, I probably forgot)

http://www.hoffco-inc.com/wwe/ppv/ppv/img/logo-sum95-97.jpg

WWF Summerslam 1995

Commentators: Vince McMahon, Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler

Match #1: "The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow & The Northstar Lumberjacks vs. "The Native American" Tatanka, Big Mabel & "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

The Corporation dominated the early goings of this match, isolating Jean-Paul of the Northstar Lumberjacks and utilizing quick tags to keep a fresh man in at all times. Even when Philippe managed to tag in, Chris Benoit's mixture of high impact offense and submission holds kept him at bay. Once Bigelow came in towards the end of the match, though, he took over, even getting the best of the big 500 pounder Mabel by slamming him to the canvas. In the end, Bigelow finished off Tatanka with Greetings from Asbury Park and scored some revenge on his former employer.

Winners by Pinfall: Bam Bam Bigelow & The Northstar Lumberjacks

After the match, there appeared to be a bit of friction between Mabel and Tatanka, but DiBiase managed to keep peace amongst his troops and they left as a unit.

Segment #1

Backstage Todd Pettengill is standing by with The Total Package Lex Luger and his manager James E. Cornette. After asking Luger about his match with The Bad Guy Razor Ramon tonight, Cornette interjects about how this is just a minor distraction on the road to becoming the World Wrestling Federation Champion for The Total Package. He says that it doesn't matter if Razor has recruited any friends to help him out tonight, as Luger chimes in that if Razor thinks he's come up with all the answers, then the total package is just going to have to change the question.

Match #2: Triple Threat Match for the WWF Women's Championship

The Women's Champion, a target for both of the challengers tonight, seemed perfectly content to stand back as much as she could and let Singh and Blayze fight it out, only interjecting when Singh would get Alundra down on the mat and only then by delivering some stomps to the former champion. Sunny seemed to be in trouble, though, when she tried to steal a pinfall from Singh, causing the challenger to grab Sunny by the throat and hold her high in the air with a double choke. Skip tried to get involved, but Singh took him down with a huge scoop slam as well, only for Blayze to come back with a rollup and a near fall. Blayze and Singh again fought for a short while, and when it looked like Alundra had Singh pinned with a cross body block, Sunny came running back in and broke up the pin, drilling Blayze with a jawbreaker and scoring the quick pinfall on Rhonda Singh to retain the title.

Winner by Pinfall and STILL WWF Women's Champion: Sunny

Segment #2:

Standing by with Doc Hendrix are the young team of the Thrillseekers, ready to get the opportunity of a lifetime at the WWF Tag Team Titles. Chris Jericho and Lance Storm seem hyped for the chance, saying that every once and a while the underdog comes out on top, and while the Million Dollar Team might have Ted DiBiase behind them, they don't have half the heart of the Thrillseekers.

Match #3: WWF Tag Team Title Match

Watts and Fortune may have had the strength and power advantage over the younger team, but the two daredevils of Lance Storm and Chris Jericho used their speed to keep the champs on their toes. A high risk botch by Lance Storm (thanks to some timely intervention from DiBiase) managed to slow down the match in the champ's favor, as Watts isolated Lance. A hot tag to Jericho turned the tide briefly, but when he tried his trademark springboard moonsault, he was caught in midair by both Watts and Fortune who proceeded to hit their double spinebuster finisher and retain their titles.

Winners by Pinfall and STILL WWF Tag Team Champions: The Million Dollar Team

Match #4: Goldust w/Marlena vs. The 1-2-3 Kid

Over the last few weeks we had been promised the "premiere" of Goldust at Summerslam, and the bizarre superstar didn't disappoint. Flanked by his director Marlena, Goldust proved to be game competition for the 1-2-3 Kid, using deceptive quickness combined with his strength in an impressive show. The Kid got in a few High Flying moves, but before long Goldust finished him off with the Curtain Call, a reverse gourdbuster that left the Kid flat on his back.

Winner by Pinfall: Goldust

Segment #3

Backstage we have an interview scheduled with Big Daddy Cool Diesel. He says that he's been waiting since Wrestlemania for another opportunity at the WWF Title, and tonight it doesn't matter who the champion is, nothing is going to stop him from walking out as champion. He says he will prove that he is the real giant of the WWF.

Match #5: Gentleman's Wager Match

The action outside the ring seemed to be almost as important as what was going on inside the ring, as Helmsley's butler Curtis seemed content to interfere whenever necessary, only to get into a fight with Henry's cousin Phineas. Eventually, all the outside parties were ejected from ringside, keeping the match to a one on one affair. Helmsley kept the larger athlete at bay with a quick strike offense and technical knowledge, but the pure brawling style of Godwinn allowed him to wear down the Connecticut blueblood. Eventually it seemed as if it wouldn't be enough, as Helmsley had Godwinn set up for a Pedigree, but Godwinn powered out and eventually hit the Slop Drop to get the win.

Winner by Pinfall: Henry O. Godwinn

Per the stipulation of the match, Helmsley would now have to pucker up and kiss a pig. However Curtis came out to try and save his employer from the humiliation, only to be dropped by Phineas at ringside and then having both Curtis and Helmsley get up closer and personal with the swine.

Match #6: "The Total Package" Lex Luger w/James E. Cornette vs. "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon

The first third of our triple main event was all about revenge for the former WWF Champion Razor Ramon, and also for the man he had enlisted to be in his corner, as The British Bulldog surprised many by coming out with The Bad Guy. The match, like their encounter a few months earlier, was a very close affair, but Luger was more apt to use underhanded tactics to try and gain the upper hand. Late in the bout, Razor had turned the tide and had nailed Luger with a fallaway slam, only for the referee to get inadvertantly knocked down. This brings out fellow Cornette client The Gladiator, whom is quickly dispatched by Razor...only for him to turn around and get a clothesline from the British Bulldog, who proceeds to help his former tag partner to his feet. The two men stomp away at Razor as the referee comes too and calls for the bell, disqualifying Luger. Owen Hart comes out and joins the fray briefly, before Cornette's group is chased off by Diesel and Savio Vega. Razor picks up the win, but Camp Cornette has struck a blow in the war.

Winner by Disqualification: "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon

Segment #4

Backstage we are joined by Sycho Sid and Ted DiBiase. Todd Pettengill asks exactly what DiBiase has in mind for the match with Diesel tonight, given the fact that every member of the Corporation has been banned from ringside by WWF President Roddy Piper. DiBiase says Piper thinks he's smart, but he always has an insurance plan. Not that Sid is going to need it, because tonight the Crown Jewel of the Corporation will wipe the floor with Big Daddy Fool, and walk out still the WWF Champion.

Match #7: The Undertaker w/Paul Bearer vs. Waylon Mercy

This was a match that was a drag out brawl, as Undertaker and Waylon Mercy fought with reckless abandon against one another. Everything that they could dish out to each other, the other one could take. It looked as if Undertaker may actually go under to Waylon Mercy's vaunted Sleeper Hold, but Undertaker fought out and actually broke the hold, before finishing off Waylon with a Tombstone Piledriver and handing Mercy his first loss in the WWF.

Winner by Pinfall: The Undertaker

Segment #6

We receive a musical interlude, as "Double J" Jeff Jarrett performs a quick concert with his new "hit" With My Baby Tonight, before heading down to the ring for his Intercontinental Title Defense.

Match #8: WWF Intercontinental Title Match

Michaels clearly didn't have any ring rust as he took on the Intercontinental Champion and gave him a strong match. Jarrett did manage to get Michaels down and focused on his knee, which had a history of medical problems. It looked like the end for Michaels once Double J locked on the figure-4 leglock, but HBK was able to fight out of it and get to the ropes. The match ended when The Roadie, as he was want to do, tried to trip Michaels but inadvertantly tripped Jarrett instead. This miscommunication was all it took for HBK to hit Sweet Chin Music and score the pinfall to win his third Intercontinental Championship.

Winner and NEW Intercontinental Champion: "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels

After the match, Jerry Lawler departs the commentary table, stating he has to get Solomon Jacobs ready for the big main event match still to come tonight.

Match #9: WWF Title Match

The two giants were more than a match for each other, trading blows left and right and trying to wear the other one down endlessly. Sid did manage to get the upper hand after Diesel missed with a big boot and seemed to tweak his knee and back a bit, but a Bearhug submission couldn't finish off Big Daddy Cool. Diesel fought back and hit his sidewalk slam, signaling for the Jackknife Powerbomb. Ted DiBiase got on the ring apron, distracting Diesel and the referee, but Diesel finished off DiBiase with one punch. With the ref distracted though, no one saw Waylon Mercy of all people sneak up to ringside with a crowbar. He climbed in the ring and drilled Diesel in the back with said object, before slinking his way out of the ring. The interference allowed Sid to come to and hit his own Powerbomb, and secure the victory and retain his title.

Winner by Pinfall and STILL WWF Champion: Sycho Sid

Segment #7

Doc Hendrix is backstage with The Hitman, who talks about how all his trials and tribulations over the last few months lead to this moment, inside a steel cage. Solomon Jacobs may have dominated him in the past, but no one is better inside the cage then the Hitman. Bret Hart says that tonight he will prove once and for all who the better man truly is.

Match #10: Steel Cage Match

Early on it seems like nothing has changed for Jacobs, as he The Hitman around the ring with relative ease. But this time, however, Bret manages to use his quickness to his advantage, catching Jacobs in rookie mistakes and taking advantage with a quickstrike offense and using the cage as a weapon. Jacobs does hit a huge boot to the face, following it up with a powerful top rope clothesline, but he seems more intent on punishing Bret Hart despite Lawler's pleas that he get out of the cage while he can. Bret turns the tide and locks Jacobs in the Sharpshooter in the center of the ring, torking his back in an unnatural way. Lawler climbs into the cage, trying to sneak in behind, but Bret stops him and locks him in the Sharpshooter too. Jacobs gets back to his feet and hits his powerful chokeslam on Bret, but Bret stops him from climbing out of the cage at the last moment, before delivering a massive superplex from halfway up the cage to the middle of the ring. Bret slowly crawls for the door, as Solomon Jacobs slowly stirs as well, but to no avail as Bret is able to escape through the door and win the match.

Winner by Escape: Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Lawler and Jacobs can only look on in frustration as Bret Hart celebrates at ringside, having seemingly conquered his demons once and for all as Summerslam draws to a close.

Leadup to In Your House: Vengeance

Revenge was on the mind of several people in the WWF at the September In Your House, primarily in the feuds centered around the WWF Title. Sycho Sid was originally set to defend the title against Razor Ramon in a rematch, but that match then morphed into a triple threat match as Shawn Michaels wanted revenge on Sid for injuring him a few months earlier. Meanwhile Lex Luger, demanding a title match as well, got himself added to make it the first ever Fatal Fourway match for the WWF Title, with a potential challenger in The Undertaker looming in the near future for whomever the champion would be.

Meanwhile, Big Daddy Cool Diesel sought revenge against the man who cost him the WWF Title in Waylon Mercy. Mercy had been the "insurance policy" that DiBiase spoke of, merely accepting a payout from the Million Dollar Man for his services. But he was eager to take on a new challenger despite his loss to Undertaker the previous month.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Curtis sought some revenge against the Godwinn boys, trying to recover from the humiliation they had suffered at Summerslam. The Smoking Gunns were eager to try and regain the tag team titles, as they faced The Million Dollar Team. Meanwhile Jeff Jarrett was ready to get back on track, as he faced Bret Hart in a one on one match.All this and more at the September Pay per View...vengeance.

Card for In Your House: Vengeance

Fatal Fourway Match for the WWF Championship

Sycho Sid w/Ted DiBiase vs. "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon vs. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs. "The Total Package" Lex Luger w/Jim Cornette

"Big Daddy Cool" Diesel vs. Waylon Mercy

Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. "Double J" Jeff Jarrett w/The Roadie

WWF Tag Team Title Match

The Million Dollar Team © w/Ted DiBiase vs. The Smoking Gunns

"The King of Harts" Owen Hart vs. Savio Vega

Hunter Hearst Helmsley & Curtis vs. The Godwinns w/Hillbilly Jim

Brian Christopher vs. Marty Jannetty

Sycho Sid w/Ted DiBiase vs. "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon vs. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs. "The Total Package" Lex Luger w/Jim Cornette

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Comments: Sid's keeping the belt until Survivor Series at least

Comments: Diesel needs the win to retain his momentum

Comments: Bret needs to be kept strong if he is going to win the belt off Sid

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Comments: Always liked the MDC, a win would keep them strong as a heel faction

Comments: Owen will win the world title at some point IMO

Comments: HHH is the future

Comments: The seasoned veteran puts over the youngster in this one

I can't really see Sid dropping the belt at an In Your House.

Clique won't let anyone get over on them; Undertaker defeated Mercy last PPV, so now Diesel shall make him look like a punk here.

I don't think Bret will be winning the title, but I could see him facing Sid at Survivor Series over it.

WWF Tag Team Title Match

M$T keep rolling along.

Nothing wrong with an Owen push.

After HOG got the win last month, 3H wins the feud here.

Marty makes a really good JTTS in 95.

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Archived