How do you guys see A Shows and B Shows? Was Superstars in 1993 a B Show? RAW was becoming the flagship, but some major stuff happened on Superstars, even title changes.

What about SmackDown! nowadays? You can basically skip SD! and not lose anything, but big superstars still make appearances.

I'm just wondering, whether or not a main event should get pissed for missing Superstars in 1993, or SD! in 2015.

By TEW standards, yes Smackdown is an A-Show. In real life, WWE has a multi-level show system though with Raw being an A-Show, Smackdown being a B-Show, and everything else being C-Shows, but that's not represented in TEW so Smackdown is very much an A-Show.

I'd also make Superstars in 1993 a B-Show for the same reason.

By TEW standards, yes Smackdown is an A-Show. In real life, WWE has a multi-level show system though with Raw being an A-Show, Smackdown being a B-Show, and everything else being C-Shows, but that's not represented in TEW so Smackdown is very much an A-Show.

I'd also make Superstars in 1993 a B-Show for the same reason.

I think, in 2015, that a major talent wouldn't be pissed at missing Smackdown. You don't often see the main guys on there and as the OP mentioned, you can skip it without missing a beat in the storylines. It may, in this day, be considered a B-show, even in-game.

Cena, Orton, Rollins, and, Bryan aren't main guys? They're there most weeks.

I still say in TEW terms, it's an A-Show.

In TEW terms, a B-Show is a show like current Superstars or like WCW WorldWide was back in the day where it's mostly younger, undeveloped workers and veterans who aren't working major storylines.

Id say that Raw, Nitro, Thunder, Smackdown 99-2011 were A shows. Current Smackdown is somewhere in between A and B show in importance in TEW terms imo: not important enough to be an true A show but not irrelevant enough to be a B show. Id even say that current SD is closer to an A show given how well it draws in viewers.

Stuff like Heat, Velocity, etc. Are B shows. Even something like ECW on Syfy or NXT would probably be best represented as B shows in the grand scheme of things.

I would rate it as a B-Show because even though main guys do appear there, it doesn't have any impact on the popularity of the WWE, if you miss it, it isn't important.

This very much. Anything beyond RAW and PPV's don't matter in the grand scheme of the WWE. So anything beyond that can be classed as a B-Show.

Just because Superstars/Main Event is a C-Show in the real world, doesn't mean that Smackdown has to be bumped up to A-Show status in the game to make it ''work''.

Archived