When do you start cutting?

So im running XCC living off the scraps of the big dogs and ive been debating how long I give a fighter before they get cut and tossed to the wolves. So far my thought has been a fighter that reaches 5 losses without significant improvement or a significant number of wins will likely get the Axe.

I noticed the AI cuts guys at about 3 losses but I figure since im smaller I have to find the diamonds in the rough so to speak that the Alpha and Gammas of the world overlooked.

So im running XCC living off the scraps of the big dogs and ive been debating how long I give a fighter before they get cut and tossed to the wolves. So far my thought has been a fighter that reaches 5 losses without significant improvement or a significant number of wins will likely get the Axe.

I noticed the AI cuts guys at about 3 losses but I figure since im smaller I have to find the diamonds in the rough so to speak that the Alpha and Gammas of the world overlooked.

It depends. There are particular fighter that i like to keep, because i know that after 4 loss they can pull a big upset, or the're like Chris Lytle.

3 loss is a good number. or 4.

I usually cut them after three losses, sometimes two if their previous performances in the company aren't good. All of my contracts are standard two matches guaranteed and if they lose both of those, they're out.

Generally 4 for me, though his popularity and my roster depth will influence those decisions. I'm more likely to keep a fighter around as a can if he's still got some name value. If he doesn't have any popularity, I may dump him sooner.

Three or four consecutive losses is generally enough for me - once they accumulate a few skulls, it's better to let them go.

I don't see much point in letting them go if they have a mixed record; often they improve with experience and at the worst they can fill out the card - all that matters are the two top fights, no matter how much the game says something is suitable only for prelims.

nobody passes 3 consecutive losses for me unless

1. they're meant to lose and get others over.

2. they faced top competition, were split decisioned, or had a close fight.

3.they are popular.

I keep a giant roster so I let people go after 2 big losses a lot. No harm in them going down and getting a few easy wins, especially if they're young. Young guys getting better and getting better records before they come back.

If you're paying them to cut them though, considering less guarenteed fights or shorter lengths(the contract template is awesome for this)

How many of you run one of the larger companies and does that influence your decision? I ask because as the XCC CEO I try to get as many decent fighters as I can but honestly im lucky to get over 25 because I pass on garbage local guys and Gamma/Alpha tend to steal all the world calibre guys so the thought of cutting all the 0-2 guys seems like it might be a nightmare for my current situation.

Granted im relatively new to the game and im still learning so perhaps im missing some key components that would help me. Seems right now my issue is not getting past being a regional product so I cant bring in people outside of the US Canada or Mexico. What helps with that issue more upping popularity in the US or focusing popularity in foreign countries?

I use the MW 2 database so there are a lot more fighters, but I have an RFA save and the rules I put in my previous post seemed to work just fine even with the UFC and Bellator stealing my best guys. What I did was sign some of the guys they had just cut that were still young (under 30 mostly) and had some name value to replenish my roster

I use the MW 2 database so there are a lot more fighters, but I have an RFA save and the rules I put in my previous post seemed to work just fine even with the UFC and Bellator stealing my best guys. What I did was sign some of the guys they had just cut that were still young (under 30 mostly) and had some name value to replenish my roster

It wasnt until this past month I ran that I saw alpha or gamma cutting guys and ive been nabbing them if I have a weight class for them. This question actually came up when I noticed they were almost all 0-3 fighters who were young(I reset all records before I started). I may just be hiring tomato cans but maybe I get lucky with a few who turn into the next Philip Ziskie and roll XCC to the top of the Pyramid.

My long term goal is to end up like the UFC and just take over the sport completely buying out all my competition.

How many of you run one of the larger companies and does that influence your decision? I ask because as the XCC CEO I try to get as many decent fighters as I can but honestly im lucky to get over 25 because I pass on garbage local guys and Gamma/Alpha tend to steal all the world calibre guys so the thought of cutting all the 0-2 guys seems like it might be a nightmare for my current situation.

Granted im relatively new to the game and im still learning so perhaps im missing some key components that would help me. Seems right now my issue is not getting past being a regional product so I cant bring in people outside of the US Canada or Mexico. What helps with that issue more upping popularity in the US or focusing popularity in foreign countries?

I play XCC also and just got to National in the U.S. after almost four years and running into a lot of the same problems. A few suggestions:

1. Scout, scout, scout. But don't just scout anyone. I focused on guys who are at minimum, Strong in one base skill. Go into Mexico when it opens up. I wasn't afraid to turn over a lot of stones and I've found some useful fighters.

2. And you're going to need some of those useful fighters as cans to build up your top prospects. You probably also still have quite a few guys past their prime. They should mostly be facing your youngsters as long as they still have decent name value.

3. Build up the lower weights. Ziskie and Gaffigan are heroes and should be treated as such. Nunes, too, though I got unlucky with an injury with him. You've got a lot of interesting guys at 135, too... I have a war going on in 3-12 in the rankings.

4. To answer your last question, stick to shows in the U.S. (but you don't have to stay in California), but sprinkle a few into Canada if you can, since you probably aren't big enough to get TV up there yet. Don't run shows every month - you don't have enough fighters on the roster. I run 6, 7 shows a year. Also, get on SportTube. They're everywhere and will help with increasing your pop in Canada and Mexico.

I play XCC also and just got to National in the U.S. after almost four years and running into a lot of the same problems. A few suggestions:

1. Scout, scout, scout. But don't just scout anyone. I focused on guys who are at minimum, Strong in one base skill. Go into Mexico when it opens up. I wasn't afraid to turn over a lot of stones and I've found some useful fighters.

2. And you're going to need some of those useful fighters as cans to build up your top prospects. You probably also still have quite a few guys past their prime. They should mostly be facing your youngsters as long as they still have decent name value.

3. Build up the lower weights. Ziskie and Gaffigan are heroes and should be treated as such. Nunes, too, though I got unlucky with an injury with him. You've got a lot of interesting guys at 135, too... I have a war going on in 3-12 in the rankings.

4. To answer your last question, stick to shows in the U.S. (but you don't have to stay in California), but sprinkle a few into Canada if you can, since you probably aren't big enough to get TV up there yet. Don't run shows every month - you don't have enough fighters on the roster. I run 6, 7 shows a year. Also, get on SportTube. They're everywhere and will help with increasing your pop in Canada and Mexico.

Thanks for the info some of it will definitelt help me to run a better XCC. Scouting im sloely getting my head around how I wanted to handle. I originally started out using my 3 scouts to scout out teams but as that seems so random ive been using it on intriguing local show guys. I have as you mentioned focused on guys with at least a strong push in a particular ability like Boxing or Submission skills.

Theres definitely a clear line in the sand between the good and the bad fighters and ive tries building up some guys with cans with limited success. Cans seem to be pretty good in my game if they get a hard fight lol.

Nunes is out 2 years with a shoulder injury along with Easton Frye who has had small injuries every time ive tried to fight him. This is like his 7th injury training. Part of my issue is im doing tourneys for the belts and I went through a year before I realized I have to schedule the fights. Once those are set ill have title matches to boost my shows up a bit more.

I have both sportstube and a small american network that I use together on most of my shows now. I also have a contract with a small euro outfit but they want exclusivoty and that costs me money so they may get tossed at some point. Speaking of Ziskie though I had an awesome Semifinals matchup of Machado vs Ziskie and Ziskie dominated for 4 of the 5 rounds before Machado got a late 5th round kneebar to pull off the upset and boot the favorite Ziskie from a shot at the title.

It is a little disappointing when I find a gem and then lose them right away to the big dogs but im building popularity pretty quick so its all moving forward. Im honestly surprised the cpu hasnt tried to gobble up Ziskie and Machado yet.

What is the negative of just running every show in Cali? Does the game notice if your varying your locations within the same country or can those numbers change?

Nunes is out 2 years with a shoulder injury

When I said Nunes I meant Machado. :o

It is a little disappointing when I find a gem and then lose them right away to the big dogs but im building popularity pretty quick so its all moving forward. Im honestly surprised the cpu hasnt tried to gobble up Ziskie and Machado yet.

The big companies haven't shown any interest in doing anything below 155 pounds for men. Those guys are safe.

What is the negative of just running every show in Cali? Does the game notice if your varying your locations within the same country or can those numbers change?

It's not so much a negative as it is a "you don't always have to do it." As I've gotten more popular, I've pulled comparable gates outside of California, and just grossed $337,500 on a show in Georgia with Atlanta native Willy Bassett (who'd been Bantamweight champ for almost three years) headlining. I don't know if the game pays attention to things like that, but I found that interesting.

It's not so much a negative as it is a "you don't always have to do it." As I've gotten more popular, I've pulled comparable gates outside of California, and just grossed $337,500 on a show in Georgia with Atlanta native Willy Bassett (who'd been Bantamweight champ for almost three years) headlining. I don't know if the game pays attention to things like that, but I found that interesting.

No, the game don't pay attention to that, sadly..

Yeah I just use a leech system. Guys who lose twice in a row are usually expected to and dumped immediately. If a big star or a geezer with a name loses 3 in a row, simple, give him a can with a name/ fight he's heavily favored in, and hype him up. The game is about building guys up so leeching and setting up hyped mismatches are good ways to build success.

McGregor Siver is a good example of that kind of mismatching and putting all your expectations on one guy.

Archived