Historical Database Update for 2014-15

Here is the updated version of the historical database with stats for the current season included:

http://www.fbbgames.com/historicaldata1415.zip

The historical database file is in the main data folder for the game. Normally that will be here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break Pro Basketball 3

Thank you for releasing this! Does it update older seasons as well? Or does it just add the current season?

Edit: I notice that when I go to start a new game, where you activate or deactivate available leagues, the historical database still says 1946-2012. Is that how it should look, or should it now say 1946-2014 or 2015?

Thanks again!

I asked a question in one of the threads btw. Can I PM you or would it be okay to just post here?

Whichever is fine.

Thank you for releasing this! Does it update older seasons as well? Or does it just add the current season?

This adds the player stats for the 14-15 season and updates an issue with the 13-14 season.

I notice that when I go to start a new game, where you activate or deactivate available leagues, the historical database still says 1946-2012. Is that how it should look, or should it now say 1946-2014 or 2015

I'll need to update the league format files as well to include the last couple seasons of data when I get a chance. Mainly that is just to the right salary cap is used.

Training Assistance

Hello everyone, as there is no general questions thread, or at least not one I can find, I thought I would ask here.. I would like some assistance on training, as it is not even mentioned in the help file with the game.. Has anybody got any tips on how I can maximise the effectiveness of it?? Thanks in advance :)

• 4 weeks later...
<p>Am I able to start a new game using the historical database to start with this past season, 2014-15? If so, how?</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brian Nichols" data-cite="Brian Nichols" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39566" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Whichever is fine. <p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> This adds the player stats for the 14-15 season and updates an issue with the 13-14 season.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I'll need to update the league format files as well to include the last couple seasons of data when I get a chance. Mainly that is just to the right salary cap is used.</p></div></blockquote>

<p>I've started two games with 2014 as the start date--one with finances and one without. In both of those games I took over the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Phoenix did have a roster.</p><p> </p><p>

However, the Cleveland roster is different from reality and between the two games. For example, my no-finances Cavs roster includes Isaiah Thomas.</p>

Alot of the contracts are incorrect. I can give specifics. I also noticed that some rookies (Joel Embiid) are missing OR their ratings are grossly incorrect (Jabari Parker is a C/C in terms of IN/OUT shooting potentia, Julius Randle is basically rated so low he's out of the league).

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gadorg" data-cite="gadorg" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39566" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Alot of the contracts are incorrect. I can give specifics. I also noticed that some rookies (Joel Embiid) are missing OR their ratings are grossly incorrect (Jabari Parker is a C/C in terms of IN/OUT shooting potentia, Julius Randle is basically rated so low he's out of the league).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As far as i know contracts are randomly generated. Because hard coding salaries for a thousand players in 60+ seasons is impossible to do.</p>

<p>Has anyone out there tried to edit the player database? I've always been afraid to touch it, even though there are some contract anomalies with my Cleveland Cavs also. </p><p> </p><p>

If each one of us would update our favorite team, maybe we could at least get things right for the 2014 season.</p>

• 1 month later...

Archived