OLD SCHOOL RULES Release Thread

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1hsb0elj3ru334p/OSR.rar

Before I begin, thanks to Tag01 & Lucien Sanchez for their free-to-use community mods (MW2009 & Dawn of MMA) for which the bulk of the stats of fighters unknown to myself were used & adjusted.

All birth dates & debuts dates are according to the fighter's first known fight. As I used community mods to put this together, it's only right that this remains a community mod in itself and as a base for any user to make a historical mod using the dates I have compiled.

This is the first iteration of this mod, I have some narratives included but I hope to add more in the coming weeks.

Fixes to be made

- Yuichiro Shirai has a glitch with his picture, so delete him from the database otherwise it will cause your game to freeze and crash.

- For whatever reason I skipped over minimum sizes for Pay-Per-View & TV so I'll have to fix that.

Plans for next release

- More narratives

- More fighters

- Belt Pictures

- More camp logos

- Possible skin

- Individual Fighter Bios & Challenges

- Any fighter fixes that are brought up

Hope you guys enjoy!

This is a really fun mod. I started out as UFC and added a player to the game when Pride opened so I could run them, as well. Wish the one night tournaments still existed, but there's nothing we can do about it. Other than that, fantastic mod. I'm already 7 years in.

My only critiques, which are very minor, are that some of the "one and done fighters" are in the game and some aren't. Not a big deal by any means, but there are guys like Chris Condo who had the one fight against Ron Waterman that is in the game,but guys like Paul Jones and Larry Parker had great records before running into Chuck Lidell and Akira Shoji, respectively, that aren't in it. Like I said, really not a big deal, just something I noticed.

My only other critique is that a lot of guys debut the same month that they fought in real life. I've been trying to run shows during the same month, week and year that they were run in real life, but when a guy debuts in October, he most likely won't take a fight on my October show. Another thing that's not really a big deal, as I just went to the editor and pushed their debuts back a month or two, but just an observation for anyone who wants to play like I am.

Otherwise, this mod is fantastic! And once you get the broadcaster thing fixed, it's going to be even better.

Amazing! Great job Sean! Thanks for all your dedication and hard work on this mod. It was just the other day I was thinking of firing this game up but haven't been able to get into it as much as previous iterations with the Original Data.

Going to download this now and take it for a spin! Cheers man. I'll get some feedback going for you sometime next week.

This is a really fun mod. I started out as UFC and added a player to the game when Pride opened so I could run them, as well. Wish the one night tournaments still existed, but there's nothing we can do about it. Other than that, fantastic mod. I'm already 7 years in.

My only critiques, which are very minor, are that some of the "one and done fighters" are in the game and some aren't. Not a big deal by any means, but there are guys like Chris Condo who had the one fight against Ron Waterman that is in the game,but guys like Paul Jones and Larry Parker had great records before running into Chuck Lidell and Akira Shoji, respectively, that aren't in it. Like I said, really not a big deal, just something I noticed.

My only other critique is that a lot of guys debut the same month that they fought in real life. I've been trying to run shows during the same month, week and year that they were run in real life, but when a guy debuts in October, he most likely won't take a fight on my October show. Another thing that's not really a big deal, as I just went to the editor and pushed their debuts back a month or two, but just an observation for anyone who wants to play like I am.

Otherwise, this mod is fantastic! And once you get the broadcaster thing fixed, it's going to be even better.

Glad you're enjoying it! This has been what's gotten me back into this game and I'm glad it's popular with others too. I'm a little OCD unfortunately and it usually turned out that if I couldn't find a picture for the fighter and they weren't super essential to the gameplay, I was willing to scrap them. Although with my increased ability to find photos using FightPass (hehe) I've been slowly adding more of the oldies into the game.

Hope you enjoy it more and more, feel free to post in here or message me about your game so we can compare notes :)

Amazing! Great job Sean! Thanks for all your dedication and hard work on this mod. It was just the other day I was thinking of firing this game up but haven't been able to get into it as much as previous iterations with the Original Data.

Going to download this now and take it for a spin! Cheers man. I'll get some feedback going for you sometime next week.

Awesome! Glad you're feeling the same thing I am in terms of coming back to this game. Hope you enjoy it and yeah, for sure, give me as much feedback as you wish!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

<p>Game Freeze Problem</p><p> </p><p>

Hey, thanks alot I love the mod! the only problem is that every time I try to play it, it works for a while, then the game always freezes any time I try to advance beyond Sunday December Week 4. It just gets stuck and doesn't advance. Has anyone else dealt with this problem and i so, does anyone happen to know the fix to the problem. Thanks alot!</p>

Hey, thanks alot I love the mod! the only problem is that every time I try to play it, it works for a while, then the game always freezes any time I try to advance beyond Sunday December Week 4. It just gets stuck and doesn't advance. Has anyone else dealt with this problem and i so, does anyone happen to know the fix to the problem. Thanks alot!

I have the same thing.

Archived