[Hype] C_Verse "The Show" 2016

November/December 2016 was the planned drop date all along. I wanted to "plan out" the mod before I actually started editing data in.

The game file is tenably going to start in May 2017, (or) after the conclusion of Total Mayhem.

Wow atleast you have a big time window to tweak it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
November/December 2016 was the planned drop date all along. I wanted to "plan out" the mod before I actually started editing data in.

The game file is tenably going to start in May 2017, (or) after the conclusion of Total Mayhem.

I think I actually managed to "freudian slip" myself into a different date. The beta is due November/December 2015, while the Alpha/Final Project will be out in May 2016.

I have a good idea of what I want to do.

Update: 7/28. I've downloaded the Demo for WMMA4. TIER 1 is going to open in May 2014 to better fit the profile of wrestler -- in particular, it explains the "starting age" of the roster. The two year gap allows for sufficient development for them to get to Cult, and will shake up Japan. I'm having a sort of "crisis" on how to deal/work with WLW in the "new environment".

I've lucked into a situation where there is a "perfect match" for both a "signature" Japanese Male MMA Fighter (30/32) and a signature Japanese Women's "signature" MMA Fighter (35/37) who are perfect for anchoring the young promotion. I'm going to pull the trigger on TIER 1 stealing Marat -- they will start with (near) unlimited funds and buying the prestigious INSPIRE KOF Championship after it is retired by Burning Hammer.

Japan will have three Cult promotions from the following four: WLW, 5SSW, TIER 1 and UDCG. From a pure enjoyment perspective, my gut is to start UDCG at Regional, but from a practical/realism perspective, WLW is without doubt the weakest link.

I'm torn 50/50 on whether to keep EX2010 or have them leave the Modern Japan Movement.

LOL I thought you gave yourself an extreme time frame!!!

The beta is the same as ever before.

Okay, I'm re-re-re-considering and not giving TIER 1 Marat. He's SWF biggest Japanese Star, and Eisen can't afford to lose them.

SWF will pick up a few other Japanese wrestlers, and a Canadian or two, but I'm not sure who yet.

I've been looking at Japan over the last few days. The mod [hype] thread will be updated with Japanese promotions [PGHW, Burning Hammer, TIER 1 and WLW].

A few key updates:

The MJM will experience membership changes (CGC closes, EX2010 leaves and TIER 1 and 5SSW join), and be a entirely different animal from before.

Australia: APW closes, and becomes a developmental territory for RAW. KCCW replaces them in Australia, opening in January 2015.

UK: A new promotion opens in the British Isles. I plan to put a promotion in Dublin, but I'm not sure who from the database I'll put in -- they'll be Performance over Popularity and local-sized. 21CW is going to lose (instead of gain) popularity, partly as a result of this and partly due to an industry-wide decline in the isles.

EUR: VWA is the "big winner" in Europe, and the Regional Swiss Promotion will have a TV and a PPV Deal. EWA is close on their heels.

Wrestling Industry Growing: Canada, Europe

Fortunes Neutral: Japan

Wrestling Industry Declining: Australia, United States, Mexico, United Kingdom

Mexico is now up with "prospective sizes". MPWF is a clear #2 with CILL as the clear #3. OLLIE's stock fell considerably after an ownership change, talent loss and a stale main event scene led to them being the "big loser" in Mexico.

CILL stands out with their larger talent, unique stars and a sizzling "Rise of the Dragon" storyline chronicling Dragon De Arco Jr.'s chase of the CILL World Championship. The company is the lone bright spot in a struggling Mexican wrestling industry.

Prospective Sizes up for Europe, UK and Australia

Europe: UEW is the smallest promotion, and on the brink of closure. Many core "British" wrestlers departed Europe to return home and work with CWW, better fitting of the traditional European Style or took one of a few spots open in 21CW, who have revolved out some of the stale enhancement talents. The war with EWA decimated UEW's coffers, and upstart ELPF further pillaged the already thin talent pool.

VWA is on the rise, and established itself over UEW as the most successful promotion in Europe, not in small part due to a deep pocketbook.

UK: 21CW have fallen on a bit of hard times, unable to keep up with expectations in a floundering British Wrestling scene. The promotion has cycled in and out openers and enhancement, many of whom work the British Independents or the newly opened CWW.

CWW is the newest addition to British Wrestling. The prestige of wrestling in the "original" Wigan style attracted many outside talents, but none are quite as good or well-recieved as "Native Son" Nigel, who is one of Wigan's most famous products. The promotion, with the addition of former UEW and 21CW talent, has massive potential.

AUS: APW collapsed after the rise of RAW, suffering a slow-death from a proud promotion to a developmental territory. RAW is the notable promotion in the country, and over the past two years, the other promotions have shrunk, with the exception of ZEN, who received some publicity over becoming the worlds' first inter gender promotion after hiring Australian Women's talent Golden Delicious.

KCCW is the newest fledging promotion on the Australian scene, with an almost European emphasis on technical wrestling and old-school kayfabe.

I basically glanced at every post and searched on topics that interest me. My two cents:

1) I second a previous comment that said a less-is-more approach is better when doing a C-Verse update.

2) I am VERY interested in the Australian wrestling scene as that is a typical starting point for me and usually with ZEN... psst, sometimes I've cheated and edited Golden Delicious' game areas so I can actually get a female worker on that roster. Obviously, her acquisition makes the most sense. ;)

It might be hard to pick though since I might try my hand at KCCW.

3) Thank you for doing this, KYE. It's very much appreciated. Updates are always challenging and fun. Looking forward to this!

I basically glanced at every post and searched on topics that interest me. My two cents:

1) I second a previous comment that said a less-is-more approach is better when doing a C-Verse update.

2) I am VERY interested in the Australian wrestling scene as that is a typical starting point for me and usually with ZEN... psst, sometimes I've cheated and edited Golden Delicious' game areas so I can actually get a female worker on that roster. Obviously, her acquisition makes the most sense. ;)

It might be hard to pick though since I might try my hand at KCCW.

3) Thank you for doing this, KYE. It's very much appreciated. Updates are always challenging and fun. Looking forward to this!

I have a working F.E.A.R. Alt of Delicious as "Poisoned Apple" for ZEN. F.E.A.R. turns face in the new promotion. Halloween Knight figures debuting as a face will make his protege more versatile and increase his chances of moving up in the wrestling world.

I have scaled back the changes overall, and probably will cut more from the final product.

Sizes reflect both recent fortunes and the wrestling industry within the region: West Central Mexico (OLLIE) is in decline along with (most of) Australia, hence scaled-back sizes in both areas -- part of it is a reaction to regional change, and several of the companies are part of regional and national wars.

• 2 weeks later...

8/13 Update: I'm actually going to go ahead with the MAW Women's Division. I feel I'm moving a bit too close to change, and this combined with other changes will require me to reverse America's starting wrestling fortunes.

Kanzen! is opening in Hawaii, one of the few places in America to achieve considerable growth (due to the connection with red-hot Japan). Deadulus Buchinsky sells the failing ACPW to NOTBPW recouping his losses. I had originally planned to include this story in the future data, but reconsidered -- and now, I plan to have the promotion open in Jan. 2016 in Hawaii.

In part to balance things out and in part due to the departure of both lead announcer Alfonso "A-Go-Go" Garcia and Lead Manager Vinny Cruz (to SOTBPW's Gold Brand), QAW is going to declare bankruptcy. AAA will adopt/adapt a couple of the titles (Queen of the Ring) and CWWF will employ several of the backstage talents, along with MAW, who is adding a Women's Division -- I feel with OLLIE's adoption of Women's Wrestling, it is natural to expand within the COTT.

Archived