FBB got an 8.8 on gmgames.org:

http://gmgames.org/fast-break-pro-basketball-3/review/

However, when it comes right down to it, FBPB3 gets the job done. In basketball parlance, the game is definitely more “swish” than “brick.” For the most part, FBPB3 affords a smooth ride to those looking for a statistically-realistic, historically-rich, deeply-customizable simulation of professional basketball.

Simply put, it’s a game that kept me coming back for more. And it’s a game you will probably enjoy if you want a clean, crisp, no-frills professional basketball simulator.

<p>It's nice that this fine game got a good review, but it would be nice if someone would appear at the forum from time to time to answer questions. I do understand why the designer is not here as often as we would like, but customers and potential customers have questions. </p><p> </p><p>

It seems like FBPB is not supported at all. That's a shame, because it is exactly the sort of text-based sports management sim that people like me enjoy most.</p>

Late to the party but here are my thoughts.

I've been a long-time player of Wolverine Studio's offerings and have recently given Fast Break a try. I'm very happy with the purchase so do not take my long feedback list as me disliking the game. I just want to see this game do well.

Pros:

- UI is superior

- Much less wonky stats with new generated players. The game doesn't fall apart like DDPB4 and NBA2K GM mode years later. I'm at 2024 right now and things are still looking quite good. You have a superior engine.

- Customization options are insane.

Cons:

- Please correct me if I'm wrong but I see no RFA matching support. If I had to pick one thing to add to the next version I say this would be it and the accompanying AI logic for opposing GMs (ex. poison pill contracts).

- DDPB4 has a slightly more engaging draft process. Would also like to see draft day trades.

- I think there should be an IQ skill to differentiate the Chris Pauls from the Nick Youngs and Javale McGees. Or perhaps this is already integrated into the pass rating.

- I agree with the review that player personality/likes/dislikes needs to be fleshed out. For example, I would like to see players who like to play for winners demand a trade after losing a lot. If the star player doesn't get traded Team Cohesion would plummet. Also cover situations like Shaq-Kobe and CP3-Jordan where it's a me or him situation. But also have a mode where you can try to remedy the situation. GMs should also have a rating on how likely they are to take a chance on a team cancer player.

- Player-coach relationship needs to be fleshed out. We've time and again, players not working well with certain coaches.

- Playing time needs to be more of a factor when it comes to player happiness. I did a test by setting all my 5 star starters to 0 playing time and made my bench players play max mins. Only one guy got unhappy and Team Cohesion was still Good. In the real world, you would have all those starters screaming for the coach's head and demanding out.

- Minor - Fix the UI focus so we can wheel scroll on the player lists.

- I've never seen any game implement this but if your player has a string of very bad injuries to the same body area, they might contemplate early retirement and at the very least they will never reach their full potential.

Late to the party but here are my thoughts.

I've been a long-time player of Wolverine Studio's offerings and have recently given Fast Break a try. I'm very happy with the purchase so do not take my long feedback list as me disliking the game. I just want to see this game do well.

Pros:

- UI is superior

- Much less wonky stats with new generated players. The game doesn't fall apart like DDPB4 and NBA2K GM mode years later. I'm at 2024 right now and things are still looking quite good. You have a superior engine.

- Customization options are insane.

Cons:

- Please correct me if I'm wrong but I see no RFA matching support. If I had to pick one thing to add to the next version I say this would be it and the accompanying AI logic for opposing GMs (ex. poison pill contracts).

- DDPB4 has a slightly more engaging draft process. Would also like to see draft day trades.

- I think there should be an IQ skill to differentiate the Chris Pauls from the Nick Youngs and Javale McGees. Or perhaps this is already integrated into the pass rating.

- I agree with the review that player personality/likes/dislikes needs to be fleshed out. For example, I would like to see players who like to play for winners demand a trade after losing a lot. If the star player doesn't get traded Team Cohesion would plummet. Also cover situations like Shaq-Kobe and CP3-Jordan where it's a me or him situation. But also have a mode where you can try to remedy the situation. GMs should also have a rating on how likely they are to take a chance on a team cancer player.

- Player-coach relationship needs to be fleshed out. We've time and again, players not working well with certain coaches.

- Playing time needs to be more of a factor when it comes to player happiness. I did a test by setting all my 5 star starters to 0 playing time and made my bench players play max mins. Only one guy got unhappy and Team Cohesion was still Good. In the real world, you would have all those starters screaming for the coach's head and demanding out.

- Minor - Fix the UI focus so we can wheel scroll on the player lists.

- I've never seen any game implement this but if your player has a string of very bad injuries to the same body area, they might contemplate early retirement and at the very least they will never reach their full potential.

Agree 100%

Shame that this version seem to have died.

Archived