Div II Mod - Interest (?)

I have been a long time player of BBCF since the beginning. I recently (as in past years) fallen out of playing due to lack of support and this version not being up to scale of modern day college football (scheduling, conferences, playbooks, etc...) Also not to mention the trouble of trying to get it to run on todays machines (win 7/8) I recently pulled up an old XP machine I had and figured I would try and get involved again as I have been Jones'ing for college football for some time now. Still couldn't get into the modern day piece, etcc with 11 game schedules, not very well supported 14 team conferences, playoff and so on.

I am starting a project that I hope will keep me satisfied until another game comes on the horizon (which I hope soon) - I would love to see Arlie put out a patch to this game bringing it up to modern day, but not holding my breathe.

I have created what I am calling "Div II" mod with 136 teams. While it does not exactly model after Div II, for me it is close enough as I am not overly familiar with teams/conferences etc.... With that I have created 12 conferences to field the 136 teams. To try and get it to ripple out smoothly I am keeping conferences as close to correct but having to make some adjustments. What this gives me is a means to run a Div II NCAA universe that I can somewhat get immersed in. With Div II and a playoff system, I do not mind the 11 game scheduling and so on.

I am currently test simming some seasons to see how it evolves and plays out with scheduling etc.. A couple seasons in and so far so good.

I plan on pulling in logos, end zones, field logos etc..... I will post more this evening on the layout of the 136 teams/12 conferences and some of the results to follow soon as well.

If anyone might be interested I will be happy to post when I get it to where I like it along with the artwork, etc...

I would be interested - I have a windows 7 machine and had the game but I had an issue and had to re-install everything and just now getting around to re-installing and having an issue - re-installed but its now totally frozen every time it starts, it won't let me go past the opening screen.

Archived