[1991, WWF] The Apocalypse Has Begun

A "Horseman vs. WWF" invasion angle is going to be magic. Out of interest, how do you pull it off?

To the keyboard warrior who keeps 1-starring Angel's threads (consistently): it isn't 2010, the board doesn't cares if "you do or don't" continue projects long term, and Angel actually sticks to his projects longer compared to the average poster -- someone actually did the math a few years back using Angel's post counts.

Spamming someone's threads with 1-star is petty. If you have something to say, post in the thread.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrestling Observer Newsletter

World Wrestling Federation

-Last week, we had the debut of the live edition of WWF Prime Time Wrestling. The fans in attendance at the Boston Garden were absolutely shocked when four men came down to the ring and attacked Hulk Hogan following the main event. Those four men were identified as Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and Nikita Koloff. They are said to be in the building this week. So is Hulk Hogan. What will the four men have to say? What will Hulk Hogan have to say? Make sure to tune in live to Prime Time Wrestling!

-Our main event this evening is a match that was challenged for this past week on WWF Superstars. That match will be the Iraqi Turncoat Sgt. Slaughter stepping in the ring against American Patriot 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan. Will America be successful on this evening or will the Iraqi turncoat get another victory under his belt?

-We will also see the WWF World Tag Team titles defended this evening as The Hart Foundation defend against Mr. Fuji's Orient Express. Kato and Tanaka got a win last week on WWF Superstars to build some momentum toward this contest. Can they continue that wave of momentum and win the WWF World Tag Team titles or will The Hart Foundation continue their own winning ways.

-We will also see the Brother Love Show return to WWF Prime Time Wrestling. The guest this week on the Brother Love Show will be The British Bulldog. After what happened to The British Bulldog last week on WWF Prime Time Wrestling, he should definitely have some words for both Brother Love and The Undertaker.

-Finally, we will also see a Piper's Pit segment where Roddy Piper interviews the turncoat Sgt. Slaughter. Piper is known for not pulling any punches on these interview segments. We can be sure that Piper is going to come with the tough questions for Slaughter. Will they get physical?

Prediction Listing

Randy Savage vs. Jimmy Snuka

Comments:

Haku and The Barbarian vs. The Bushwhackers

Comments:

Boris Zhukov vs. Greg Valentine

Comments:

Barry Hardy and Brooklyn Brawler vs. The Legion Of Doom

Comments:

WWF World Tag Team Titles Match

The Hart Foundation defends vs. Orient Express

Comments:

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Jim Duggan

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs:

Comments On Last Show:

===

A "Horseman vs. WWF" invasion angle is going to be magic. Out of interest, how do you pull it off?

I hope that this storyline is going to be magic as we move forward. What part are you asking about me pulling off? I signed the four wrestlers before starting the game. I also set up WWF Prime Time Wrestling on the USA Network, eliminated Wrestling Challenge and made Superstars a 'B' show. I think that's what you're asking about?

As far as the one star bandit goes, there's always going to be those. They don't really bother me anymore as long as I have my core of readers and writers. I do appreciate you sticking up for the diary, though.

Comments: Snuka is on his way down the ladder.

Comments: Not really much to say on any of these matches; they all seem pretty straight forward "competitive squash" matches.

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs:

To hell with Iraq and Slaughter, the Horsemen are bringing the REAL war!

Comments On Last Show: It gets no bigger than the Horsemen riding into town. I have no problems with Nikita being one of them, because this feels like it's more of a war between WWF and NWA/WCW as told through the Horsemen, and Koloff is fairly synonymous with the NWA at this point. Was it still PTW as the main show at this point, or are you just nostalgic for it? lol. I know the mod starts out with Superstars on top as the WWF's A-show.

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

I hope that this storyline is going to be magic as we move forward. What part are you asking about me pulling off? I signed the four wrestlers before starting the game. I also set up WWF Prime Time Wrestling on the USA Network, eliminated Wrestling Challenge and made Superstars a 'B' show. I think that's what you're asking about?

As far as the one star bandit goes, there's always going to be those. They don't really bother me anymore as long as I have my core of readers and writers. I do appreciate you sticking up for the diary, though.

I understand now. Absolutely looking forward to the next card, and love that Meltzer (or "Big Dave" as John Pollock calls him) has made his presence felt in the diary. Not sure if you've always done it, but it is the first time I've noticed news attributed to the Observer. It's a nice touch.

Comments: Snuka's favorite band: The Killers

Comments: Big Haku guy

Comments: Is it bad that I haven't heard of Boris before?

Comments: Barry Hardy and Brooklyn Brawler... The Hardyz!

Comments: Not yet for Bret's singles run

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Prediction Listing

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Prediction Listing

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

Fun Fan Signs: L.O.D.: The Best There Is, The Best There Ever Was, and The Best There Will Ever Be

Hacksaw is smarter than the average bear

Ever since the police caught him in bed with the Sheik, That Dope Hacksaw sleeps with The Enemy

The Brain put my butt in the seat

Comments On Last Show: The '91 Rumble (and subsequent 'Mania) is my favorite era to read, and you've done it well. I'll mention here that the introduction of Flair at this time is genius, as the end of his WCW tenure (for the time) was a mere formality with Jim Herd running the show.

Comments: Poor Snuka doesn't have a chance

Comments: Was always a fan of Haku and Barbarian

Comments:

Comments: tough win for LOD lol

Comments: I don't see the Express ending The Foundation's reign

Comments: Slaughter needs the momentum

Fun Fan Signs:

Comments On Last Show: The Debut of the Horsemen has with it so many possibilities be fun too keep watching and see how it turns out

I really enjoyed your first show. I am anxiously waiting to see how Wrestlemania shapes up since I was actually at WM7. The only question I have is that: are Arn and Tully recognized as being the Brainbusters, since theyhad already been tag champs at this point. I got the impression Vince was trying to pass them off as unknowns on PTW. Overall, I am really looking forward to this.

Comments: Surely Savage is the more important guy out from these two?

Comments: I guess Bushwhackers are pretty much auto win to opponent s far as I´m conserned, at least until proven otherwise.

Comments: Valentine gets the win here as not only ar he higher on the card but he also seems to have storyline going on.

Comments: Legendary named team over random pair of jobbers.

Comments: Beating Brian Costello and Sam Houston on a awful B-show match doesn´t strike much confidence on me so Hart Foundation gets the win.

Comments: Main eventer over upper midcard guy plus Slaughter has a storyline with Warrior so he needs to look strong.

Comments: My guess is that this will be the highest rated match tonight

Comments: Love the Faces of Fear

Comments: While Valentine's face run was no memorable, Boris Zhukov's singles run was even less memorable

Comments: Poor Barry Hardy...RIP

Comments: HF are obvious choices here but I hope the Orient Express gets a run here. Underrated team.

Comments: Gotta keep Sarge strong going into the Rumble

Fun Fan Signs: Hogan's afraid of Space Mountain! Wooo!

Comments On Last Show: Loved it!

WCW MAIN EVENT QUICK RESULTS

The Lightning Express defeated The State Patrol...C-

ANGLE: Backstage segment with Dusty Rhodes and Missy Hyatt...B+

Mark Youngblood defeated Master Blaster Blade...E+

Dutch Mantell and Minotaur defeated Chris Youngblood and Jack Victory...D-

WCW SATURDAY NIGHT QUICK RESULTS

ANGLE: Brawl involving Rick Steiner and Bobby Eaton...C

The Lightning Express defeated Mark Kyle and George South...D

ANGLE: Brawl involving Tommy Rich and Ole Anderson...C-

Sting and Lex Luger defeated Scott Armstrong and Master Blaster Steel...C+

ANGLE: Confrontation involving Sting and Sid Vicious...B-

El Gigante defeated Rip Morgan...D-

ANGLE: Skit involving Barry Windham and Rick Rude...C+

Larry Zbyszko against Big Josh ended in a no contest...C

Michael Hayes defeated Butch Reed...C-

===

Thank you to everyone for the comments and predictions. The next show will be coming within the next few days, possibly tomorrow or the next day. With that said, on to a few comments.

Comments On Last Show: It gets no bigger than the Horsemen riding into town. I have no problems with Nikita being one of them, because this feels like it's more of a war between WWF and NWA/WCW as told through the Horsemen, and Koloff is fairly synonymous with the NWA at this point. Was it still PTW as the main show at this point, or are you just nostalgic for it? lol. I know the mod starts out with Superstars on top as the WWF's A-show.

I hope that it definitely gets no bigger than the arrival of the Four Horsemen. They are, to me, wrestling's premier group. I was a little worried about bringing in Nikita Koloff but I am glad that there has been an outpouring of support on that front.

As far as PTW goes, I did make the change to make PTW the 'A' Show and Superstars as the 'B' Show. I just have more fond memories of Prime Time Wrestling than of Superstars or Wrestling Challenge. I also wanted to make a Monday night show 2 hours live. This definitely fit in with what I wanted to do so a little time change is stuck in there, so to speak.

I understand now. Absolutely looking forward to the next card, and love that Meltzer (or "Big Dave" as John Pollock calls him) has made his presence felt in the diary. Not sure if you've always done it, but it is the first time I've noticed news attributed to the Observer. It's a nice touch.

Glad you're looking forward to the next card, KYE. In each of my diaries that were made before the focus on the internet, I have just attributed things to the Wrestling Observer since I couldn't attribute them to any internet websites. Am glad that you enjoy the touch.

Comments On Last Show: The '91 Rumble (and subsequent 'Mania) is my favorite era to read, and you've done it well. I'll mention here that the introduction of Flair at this time is genius, as the end of his WCW tenure (for the time) was a mere formality with Jim Herd running the show.

The '91 Rumble is definitely a lot of fun. It's going to be even more fun with The Horsemen in there, possibly at the same time. I am glad that the moving of Flair over has also been taken well. I agree with it being a mere formality until he left WCW because of Jim Herd.

Comments On Last Show: The Debut of the Horsemen has with it so many possibilities be fun too keep watching and see how it turns out

The debut of the Horsemen definitely has some great possibilities with their arrival. I hope that you will see some of the better possibilities in this diary. Thanks for reading!

I really enjoyed your first show. I am anxiously waiting to see how Wrestlemania shapes up since I was actually at WM7. The only question I have is that: are Arn and Tully recognized as being the Brainbusters, since theyhad already been tag champs at this point. I got the impression Vince was trying to pass them off as unknowns on PTW. Overall, I am really looking forward to this.

Being at WM7 must have been amazing, especially with Hogan beating Slaughter for the World title. All the American pride there. There will definitely be some recognition of The Brainbusters being previously in the WWF. There will be a lot more time on the next show that will reveal more on the Horsemen. I can promise you that.

Comments On Last Show: Loved it!

Glad to hear that! Thank you for the comments and predictions.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF/PrimeTimePoster.jpg

WWF PRIME TIME WRESTLING

Monday Week 2 January 1991

Attendance: 8,967

Overall Rating: B

TV Rating: 2.11

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/RicFlair.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/ArnAnderson.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/TullyBlanchard.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/NikitaKoloff.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/HulkHogan.jpg

[Vince McMahon, Roddy Piper and Gorilla Monsoon welcome everyone to WWF Prime Time Wrestling live here in Tucson, Arizona. The three announcers hype our main event contest this evening which features Sgt. Slaughter going one on one with Hacksaw Jim Duggan. The hype is interrupted by 'Thus Spake Zarathustra' and the crowd rises on their feet in boos. Ric Flair leads out Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and Nikita Koloff down to the ring. All four men step inside and Ric Flair has a microphone. He tells the World Wrestling Federation to look at the four men inside the ring because they are the four best wrestlers in World Wrestling Federation history. He says that you can forget guys like Jake Roberts, Jimmy Snuka, The Ultimate Warrior and especially Hulk Hogan. All of those men are forgettable but the four men in the ring will never be forgotten because they are the Four Horsemen. Whooooo! Flair yells at a fan in the front row, telling the 'fat boy' that his shoes are worth more than his house. He points out a sign in the crowd, reading: 'Hogan's afraid of Space Mountain! Wooo!,' saying that man has it exactly right. He says that he has learned over his career that to be the man, you have to beat the man. He says that he is the man in professional wrestling whether he wears the World title or not. Then you've got a good look at the best tag team in professional wrestling history. Call them the Brainbusters if you want but these two men are, more importantly, members of the greatest unit in professional wrestling: the Four Horsemen. Then there is one of the greatest big men in professional wrestling. The muscle of the Four Horsemen. The Russian Nightmare Nikita Koloff. Flair seemed ready to continue but he gets interrupted.]

['When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside.']

[The crowd rises to their feet in cheers as out from the back walks Hulk Hogan! We are shown a split-screen, showing the attack last week by the Horsemen on this man four-on-one. Hogan remains at the top of the ramp as a brief staredown ensues. Hogan gets on the microphone and says 'Let me tell YOU something, brothers.' He says that he has faced some of the toughest guys to come through the World Wrestling Federation. He beat Andre The Giant at WrestleMania III. He beat King Kong Bundy at WrestleMania II, brother. He even beat the Macho King Randy Savage at WrestleMania V. Flair interrupts and says that none of those men could lace up his boots. He says that none of them are Horsemen material. Then he adds that if Hogan thinks he is so tough, he invites him to come right down to this ring and step inside with the Four Horsemen. Hogan says he's not stupid, brother. He says that once he steps inside that ring it will be four on one. He talks about the power of Hulkamania with all these people in the building on his side. But the battle won't happen tonight, brother. But he does have a question for those four men. Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when the power of Hulkamania and all these people runs wild over you?!?!? 'Real American' starts up again and Hogan cups his ear to a loud ovation from the crowd. Then he turns and walks to the back.]

COMING TONIGHT

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/SgtSlaughter.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/JimDuggan.jpg

Match #1

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/RandySavage.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/SherriMartel.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/JimmySnuka.jpg

[Our opening matchup features two men who are at the top of their game right now as the Macho King steps in the ring with the Superfly. The match goes back and forth in the early going, with the Superfly striking Savage with chops to the chest and then a dropkick that sends Savage rolling out of the ring to break up the momentum. Snuka slides out of the ring and chases Savage around the ring. Savage rolls inside and Snuka follows suit but gets caught with stomps by the Macho King. Savage sends Snuka to the ropes and brings him down with a lariat. He begins choking the Superfly on the mat all the way until a four count, breaking before the five. Savage tosses Snuka out of the ring and then climbs to the top turnbuckle -- Diving Double Axe Handle to Snuka outside the ring! Savage rams Snuka back-first against the apron and then slides him inside the ring. Snuka gets a brief shot of momentum for a couple of minutes before a distraction by Sherri puts the momentum back in the corner of Savage. The Macho King brings Snuka to the mat with a vertical suplex and then heads to the top turnbuckle. He raises his arms and then leaps -- Flying Elbow Drop connects to the heart of Snuka! Savage makes the cover: One, Two, Three!]

Winner: Randy Savage (Via Pinfall @ 9:05)

Match Rating: B+

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/UltimateWarrior.jpg

[We are taken to a pre-recorded video featuring the WWF World Heavyweight Champion The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior cries out to his warriors to listen to him. He says that in just a couple of weeks he steps inside the ring with the American turncoat Sgt. Slaughter for the World Wrestling Federation title. He says that he has been talking to the gods that give him the ultimate power. They have told him that this ultimate power will come into focus at the Royal Rumble when he takes on and defeats the man known as Sgt. Slaughter. For Slaughter is only a man. He is not a Warrior. He does not have the might and power that only a Warrior can possess. Therefore there is only one conclusion that can happen at the Royal Rumble. That conclusion is that the Ultimate Warrior walks into Royal Rumble as the WWF World Heavyweight Champion and the Ultimate Warrior leaves Royal Rumble as the WWF World Heavyweight Champion. Warrior snarls and growls before we return to the ring.]

Match #2

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/Haku.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/TheBarbarian.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BobbyHeenan.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BushwhackerButch.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BushwhackerLuke.jpg

[A decent tag team bout is our second match here on Prime Time Wrestling. During the entrance of Haku and The Barbarian, Bobby Heenan points to a sign, reading: 'The Brain put my butt in the seat,' saying that they found a decent Humanoid out there. Then The Bushwhackers come out and Cousin Luke licks the forehead of the fan with the Bobby Heenan sign before they enter the ring. Haku and The Barbarian strike first before the bell rings, assaulting both Bushwhackers in their own corner. Luke and Butch are never able to get things running in this match, getting only very brief bursts of momentum, despite having the crowd entirely on their side during this match. Luke gets caught in the corner of the two Heenan Family members. Haku brings him down with a Samoan drop and then locks in the Asian Spike. Luke is forced to submit to this hold as Heenan smiles at ringside.]

Winners: Haku and The Barbarian (Via Submission @ 5:43)

Match Rating: C-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/HulkHogan.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/Tugboat.jpg

[it is not usually done here, but we are taken to a backstage locker room where we see Hulk Hogan standing and taping his fists. Hogan turns and comes face-to-face with Tugboat. The two men shake hands and Tugboat says that he saw what happened out there earlier tonight with the Four Horsemen. He says that Hulk Hogan is great but he was smart not to fall prey to their four-on-one tactics. That is actually why the Tugboat has come to see the Hulkster. Tugboat says that the two of them have been friends for a long time. He says that if Hogan needs a partner against the Four Horsemen that he can count on Tugboat. Hogan says he is thankful for that, brother. The two of them shake hands and give a brief hug before Tugboat walks off, making the sound of the Tugboat fog horn. The announcers wonder who else might join the side of the Hulkster against The Four Horsemen?]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/GeneOkerlund.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/JakeRoberts.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/RickMartel.jpg

[Gene Okerlund is standing inside the ring, telling the fans that he hopes that they are having a great time tonight. He welcomes his guest at this time, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts! 'Snake Bit' begins to play and Jake Roberts walks out from the back with his snake bag over his shoulder. The crowd cheers Roberts as he walks slowly, methodically down to the ring and steps inside. Okerlund says that last week they learned that Jake Roberts would take on his rival Rick Martel at the Royal Rumble prior to the actual Rumble match itself. Okerlund asks for Roberts' thoughts on that match. Roberts says that Martel thought he could get away with blinding him and walk away unmarked, untested. He says Martel is wrong and he was wrong for what he did to Jake Roberts. They say that when a man loses one sense that his other senses grow stronger. Roberts can say that is true. He says that his sense of right and wrong grew stronger with what Rick Martel did to him. He says that his sense of justice grew stronger with what Rick Martel did to him. He says that at the Royal Rumble in a couple of weeks he is going to prove to Rick Martel why you should never mess with a snake. Trust me.]

['Model' begins to play and the attention turns to the ramp where Rick Martel walks out from the back with that atomizer of Arrogance. He sprays out in front of him, smiling and laughing for a moment. He walks down to the ring and steps inside, looking toward his opponent at the Royal Rumble. Martel takes a microphone and says that there is no need for the two of them to fight at the Royal Rumble. He says that when he sprayed Arrogance in the eyes of Jake Roberts, he was simply trying to make him smell better. After all, snakes go down in the dirt and that cannot smell too good, right? He just missed spraying him in the chest. Martel offers a smile to Roberts but Roberts just stares at him with that devious look on his face. Martel slips in closer to the Snake and then strikes him in the side of the head with the Atomizer! He hits him again, knocking the snake bag off the shoulder of Roberts. Martel aims the Atomizer, waiting for Roberts to get up. He tries to spray Roberts in the eyes again but Roberts ducks and the spray catches Gene Okerlund in the eyes! Okerlund cries out in pain, rubbing his eyes and dropping to his knees. Roberts unleashes the snake from the bag and a shocked Martel quickly exits the ring. Martel runs toward the back as Roberts goes to Okerlund, calling for medical help for Mean Gene. EMTs quickly enter the ring and move to help Okerlund to the back.]

WRESTLING NEXT WEEK

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/RicFlair.jpg

Match #3

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BorisZhukov.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/GregValentine.jpg

[The fans here in Tucson Arizona are in shock over what happened to Gene Okerlund moments ago so it takes them a bit to get into this match between Boris Zhukov and Greg The Hammer Valentine. The match itself lasts a little less than six minutes and is completely dominated by The Hammer. Valentine tosses Zhukov in a corner and backs his way in, throwing back elbow shots again and again to the head of Zhukov. Then he focuses in on the right leg of the former Bolshevik. He brings Zhukov to the mat with a shinbreaker and then grabs the legs: Figure 4 Leglock! The Hammer has the hold cinched in tight and Zhukov fights for a moment before being forced to submit. The crowd is happy at the outcome but don't seem to care too much about the actual match itself.]

Winner: Greg Valentine (Via Submission @ 5:57)

Match Rating: C-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/SgtSlaughter.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/GeneralAdnan.jpg

[Another pre-recorded interview shows the number one contender Sgt. Slaughter and his manager General Adnan. He tells everyone to come to attention. He says that tonight he is going to step inside the ring with that American puke Hacksaw Jim Duggan. He says that Duggan made the biggest mistake of his career challenging Sgt. Slaughter. He says that tonight is going to be like what is going to happen over in Iraq. America is going to fall victim to a better man. He says that Jim Duggan is no match for a man like Sgt. Slaughter. He dedicates his victory tonight to his good friend and ally, the true leader of Iraq: Saddam Hussein. Tonight the Red, White And Blue goes up in flames. You're dismissed! And that's an order! General Adnan speaks a few words before we move back to the ring.]

Match #4

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BarryHardy.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BrooklynBrawler.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/Hawk.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/Animal.jpg

[Ohhhhhhh what a rush! The Legion of Doom has the crowd on their feet as Hawk and Animal come out from the back. Barry Hardy and Brooklyn Brawler are both already in the ring as The LOD enter. A chant of 'LOD, LOD, LOD' fills the arena as the tag team remove their shoulder spikes and the bell sounds. The Legion Of Doom dominate this match against both Barry Hardy and Brooklyn Brawler. Animal catches Brawler with a scoop slam and then a leaping elbow drop. The crowd cheers and a sign is raised, reading: 'L.O.D.: The Best There Is, The Best There Ever Was, and The Best There Will Ever Be!' Animal tags in Hawk and Hawk catches Brawler with a big boot before tossing him in his corner. Brawler tags in Barry Hardy and he is quickly taken down with a clothesline. Hawk catches Hardy with a hangman's neckbreaker and then tags in Animal. Animal sends Hardy to the ropes and catches him with a scoop powerslam before raising the two thumbs, signaling for the finish. Animal tags in Hawk and then lifts Hardy to his shoulders -- Doomsday Device! Hawk places his hands on the chest of Hardy: One, Two, Three!]

Winners: The Legion Of Doom (Via Pinfall @ 6:22)

Match Rating: C

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/RickySteamboat.jpg

[The show moves to a video where several people dressed in medieval clothing are shown walking into the entrance of a cave. Each of them have swords. Within moments, they are shown down on the ground, beaten and defeated. The camera pans up to reveal the man who did this. That man is 'The Dragon' Ricky Steamboat! Steamboat is shown dressed in a karate gi. He shows off several martial arts moves for the camera and then we flash to several wrestling matches from his previous stint in the WWF. Steamboat locking Savage into a small package to win at WrestleMania III is shown. Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat is coming soon to the WWF!]

Match #5

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BretHart.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/JimNeidhart.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/Kato.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/Tanaka.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/MrFuji.jpg

[Our semi main event is next as The Hart Foundation defend the WWF World Tag Team titles against Mr. Fuji's Orient Express. Jim Neidhart starts things strong against both members of The Orient Express. He ends up giving them a double noggin knocker, sending them outside the ring to talk with Mr. Fuji and get some advice. Tanaka enters the ring and asks for Neidhart to tag in Bret Hart. Neidhart makes the tag and Hart and Tanaka show some great mat wrestling between the two of them that ends when Tanaka rakes the eyes of Hart, dragging him over into the corner. Tanaka and Kato use frequent tags and double teams to keep the Hitman on the mat. A superkick/bridging German Suplex combination on Hart scores a two count but is broken up by Jim Neidhart. The momentum of the match shifts when Tanaka sends Hart to a neutral corner and then rushes in, going for a spinning wheel kick but Hart moves. Tanaka hits the corner with the kick and then drops hard to the mat. Both men slowly move to tag in their partners. Tanaka tags in Kato and Hart gets the tag to the Anvil. Neidhart takes down Kato with two straight clotheslines and then lifts him in a delayed vertical suplex, bringing him down hard to the mat. Neidhart knocks Tanaka off the apron and then calls for the finish. He tags in Bret Hart and then lifts Kato up -- Hart Attack Clothesline! Hart makes the cover as Neidhart stands watch: One, Two, Three!]

Winners: The Hart Foundation (Via Pinfall @ 8:55)

Match Rating: C

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BretHart.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/JimNeidhart.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/JimmyHart.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BrianKnobbs.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/JerrySags.jpg

[The Hart Foundation picks up the big win and another defense of the titles that they have held since August of last year. A team that only recently made their WWF debut The Nasty Boys come out from the back with their manager Jimmy Hart! The Nasty Boys enter the ring and get right up in the face of both members of The Hart Foundation! The talking is over when Brian Knobbs throws a punch to Jim Neidhart! The two teams begin exchanging rights and lefts in the center of the ring. The Nasty Boys start to get the advantage and Jim Neidhart is sent over the top rope to the floor. Knobbs and Sags turn their attention to Bret Hart. They send Hart to a corner and Knobbs whips Sags into that corner with a corner splash! Knobbs grabs Hart and lifts him up on his shoulder as Jimmy Hart calls out instructions over the megaphone. Knobbs brings Hart to the mat with that running powerslam and then Sags comes off the top rope with a flying elbow drop! The Nasty Boys stand up and taunt the crowd, raising their arms up in victory. It looks like The Nasty Boys want a shot at the Hart Foundation, according to Vince McMahon at ringside. It will be up to Jack Tunney if they will get that match, though.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BrotherLove.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/BritishBulldog.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/TheUndertaker.jpg

[From the ring, we move to the set of the Brother Love Show. Brother Love says that he is here to spread his message of Love to the entire WWF world. He says that there is no power greater than the power of Love. Then he welcomes his guest on the Brother Love Show. It is a man that is lacking in Love. This man is The British Bulldog! The British Bulldog comes out to some cheers from this audience here in Tucson. Brother Love asks Brother Bulldog why he is lacking in the power of Love. Bulldog says that he doesn't think he is lacking in Love and neither does Matilda. He says that she is back at home enjoying the comforts of home. Brother Love says that maybe the Brother British Bulldog should be at home taking care of the dog instead of being in the World Wrestling Federation. Bulldog says he is happy here and proclaims that he will be the next man to win the WWF Royal Rumble and get a title shot at WrestleMania. Brother Love says that he doesn't think Brother Bulldog will make it to the Royal Rumble. Brother Love says that he has another guest tonight on the Brother Love Show. The lights dim and a gong sounds in the background. The Undertaker walks out and comes face-to-face with The British Bulldog. Bulldog goes right after The Undertaker with punches but Taker no-sells them and catches Bulldog with a clubbing blow. The Undertaker grabs The British Bulldog around the throat and begins choking him with both hands. He brings the Bulldog to the ground with the choke as Bulldog tries to fight but eventually seems to pass out. The Undertaker releases and stands beside a smiling Brother Love. Love says that the new message of Love will happen at the Royal Rumble. From there, we move to the ring for our main event contest.]

Match #6

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/SgtSlaughter.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/GeneralAdnan.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_BR/VS.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/JimDuggan.jpg

[iraq Versus America in our main event as Sgt. Slaughter faces off with Hacksaw Jim Duggan. When the bell sounds, Duggan begins the USA chant here in Tucson. Slaughter covers his ears, yelling at the crowd to be quiet. As one would expect, this is a brawling match from the beginning. Duggan gets the early advantage, bringing Slaughter to the mat with a scoop slam. He plays to the crowd for a moment and then lifts Slaughter to his feet, throwing punches. He knocks Slaughter back in a corner and then climbs up, raining punches on the turncoat. Slaughter grabs Duggan by the legs and moves a few steps forward, dropping Duggan head-first on the top turnbuckle. Slaughter takes the advantage, bringing Duggan to the mat with a short-arm clothesline. He begins stomping on Duggan, moving him to the ropes and choking him on the bottom rope. Slaughter yells at a fan whose sign reads: 'To hell with Iraq and Slaughter, the Horsemen are bringing the REAL war!' Slaughter grinds his knuckles into the forehead of Duggan, trying to draw a submission but Duggan refuses to give in. Slaughter locks Duggan in abdominal stretch but Duggan still refuses to give up. Slaughter has the hold hooked on tight as the crowd begins the USA chant once again. Duggan feels the power of the crowd and manages to hip toss Slaughter to the mat!]

[The chants of USA really seem to fire up Jim Duggan. He makes it to his feet and meets Slaughter with some hard right hands! A couple of signs show in the background: 'Hacksaw is smarter than the average bear' and 'Ever since the police caught him in bed with the Sheik, That Dope Hacksaw sleeps with The Enemy!' Duggan catches Slaughter with an inverted atomic drop. He sends Slaughter to the ropes -- powerslam! Duggan makes the cover: One, Two, Kickout! The crowd boos the kickout by Slaughter. Duggan continues on the attack, bouncing off the ropes and catching Slaughter with a hard knee drop. He moves back into the corner and sets up in the three point stance. He waits for Slaughter to get to his feet, prepared to drop him. He begins to run forward but is tripped up by General Adnan! The crowd boos as the referee did not see the trip! Slaughter moves in quickly and grabs Duggan -- Cobra Clutch! He has the Cobra Clutch locked in tight and Duggan struggles but he is forced to submit.]

Winner: Sgt. Slaughter (Via Submission @ 12:06)

Match Rating: B-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/RoddyPiper.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/GeneralAdnan.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/SgtSlaughter.jpg

[Sgt. Slaughter throws Jim Duggan to the mat following the sound of the bell. Slaughter gives a salute of dismissal to Duggan, sending Duggan out of the ring. Roddy Piper comes into the ring and looks face-to-face with Slaughter. Piper has a microphone and he tells Slaughter welcome to Piper's Pit. He says that just when you think you have all the answers, he changes the questions. Piper says that it's been obvious to him that the fans here in Tucson do not like Sgt. Slaughter. Maybe that's because Slaughter turned on his home country. He asks Slaughter what he has to say to those critics. Slaughter goes to speak but Piper pulls the microphone back and says that he knows what Slaughter has to say. Piper mocks Slaughter, saying 'you're dismissed and that's an order.' He says that Slaughter made a huge mistake turning his back on this country. He asks Slaughter what he thinks about that. Slaughter goes to answer and again Piper pulls the microphone back, saying that these people in Tucson, Arizona don't seem to care what he has to say about that. Slaughter grabs Piper by the throat, shoving him back in a corner as General Adnan yells at the host of Piper's Pit. The crowd boos as Piper tries to fight, throwing punches. Slaughter catches Piper with a low blow, sending Piper to his knees. The crowd boos loudly but then get loud.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF_91/UltimateWarrior.jpg

['Unstable' begins to play and the crowd cheers loudly as The Ultimate Warrior comes running down to the ring. Warrior slides inside and is met by both Slaughter and Adnan with stomps but he shrugs them off! He takes down Slaughter with a clothesline! Adnan staggers over to him and Warrior lifts Adnan up in a press slam, dropping Adnan behind him. Warrior beats his chest and picks up Slaughter. He sends Slaughter to the ropes -- Warrior ducks a Slaughter Cannon -- Warrior sends Slaughter over the top rope with a clothesline! Slaughter lands hard on the mats at ringside! Warrior grabs Adnan and sends him out with Slaughter. Warrior helps up Roddy Piper and the two men stand victorious in the ring as the show comes to a close! We'll see you for Superstars! Have a good night, everyone!]

PREDICTION CONTEST

The prediction contest will run from my first show until the end of March(WrestleMania) in the game. The prizes have yet to be determined. A single win is given each time a person scores the most predictions right in a given show. The most wins at the end of March is declared the winner.

This show was definitely a straight-forward show. Everyone who predicted got a 6/6. Congratulations to Beejus, TeflonBilly, crackerjack, Uncrewed, KnowYourEnemy, lnic, Zergon and Crossface!

1. crackerjack=2 Wins

Crossface=2 Wins

Uncrewed=2 Wins

Beejus=2 Wins

Zergon=2 Wins

KnowYourEnemy=2 Wins

7. Darbicus=1 Win

Russelrules44=1 Win

RKOwnage=1 Win

Smasher1311=1 Win

DaBookerMan=1 Win

packerman120=1 Win

TeflonBilly=1 Win

lnic=1 Win

15. daulten6=0 Wins

thecoolestjedi12=0 Wins

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/WWF/SuperstarsPoster2.jpg

WWF SUPERSTARS

Saturday Week 2 January 1991 (Taped Thursdays)

Attendance: 4,322

Overall Rating: B-

TV Rating: 0.00

The Hart Foundation come down to the ring. They take microphones and start talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interrupted by The Million Dollar Man and Virgil. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before agreeing to face each other later on in a tag team match.

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Randy Savage defeated Jim Powers in 6:08 by pinfall with a Flying Elbow Drop.

The announcers put over the fact that an update on Gene Okerlund will be coming on Prime Time Wrestling.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Rick Martel defeated Sam Houston in 5:43 by submission with a Quebec Crab.

Rick Martel refuses to release the Quebec Crab after the sound of the bell. He leans back, stretching out Sam Houston. The crowd rises up and cheers as Jake Roberts comes running into the ring. He throws Damian in the ring and out goes Rick Martel. Roberts shows some concern for Houston as he kneels by him, keeping an eye out for Martel.

Tugboat cuts a backstage promo on the Royal Rumble. He promises that he will be the winner.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, The British Bulldog defeated Boris Zhukov in 5:43 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.

Rick Martel is walking backstage, turns a corner, and bumps into Tito Santana. Santana says something that Martel doesn't like, and they start arguing. After some heated words, Santana challenges Martel to meet him in the ring for a match next week on WWF Superstars. Martel agrees and the match is set.

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Hart Foundation defeated The Million Dollar Man and Virgil in 8:34 when Bret Hart defeated Virgil by pinfall with a Hart Attack.

The cameras remain focused on the ring, where The Hart Foundation and The Nasty Boys engage in a tension-filled staredown.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;">Wrestling Observer Newsletter</span></span></strong></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"><strong>World Wrestling Federation</strong></span></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;">-WWF Prime Time Wrestling invades the Seattle Center Arena in Seattle, Washington as we move along the road toward the Royal Rumble. A huge match is signed for this show as the Immortal Hulk Hogan steps inside the ring with his rival, the man called Earthquake. With Hogan focusing on the arrival of the Four Horsemen, will Earthquake be able to break his ribs as he has done before. Will Tugboat be at ringside to protect him? Make sure you tune in!</span><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> -Speaking of the Four Horsemen, Ric Flair will make his WWF wrestling debut this week on Prime Time Wrestling. The fans here in Seattle will see the Nature Boy, the leader of the Four Horsemen take on Jim Powers. Will Powers make the upset victory this evening or will Ric Flair show off his Figure 4 Leglock tonight?</span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> -Two of the top tag teams in the world will do battle on this show in Seattle. Those two teams are The Rockers and Power and Glory. Neither team have won the big one yet, however, a win tonight will definitely put one team in the running to face The Hart Foundation. Though The Hart Foundation has their hands full with The Nasty Boys and a six man tag team match this evening. The Hart Foundation team with Greg Valentine and The Nasty Boys have Dino Bravo as their third man.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> -We have learned that the WWF World Heavyweight Champion The Ultimate Warrior will kick things off here on Prime Time Wrestling. What will he have to say about his upcoming match with Sgt. Slaughter at the Royal Rumble? Make sure you tune in to the USA Network to find out!</span></p></div></blockquote></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"><strong>Prediction Listing</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> The Nasty Boys and Dino Bravo vs. The Hart Foundation and Greg Valentine</span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Comments: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> The Mountie vs. Koko B. Ware</span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Comments: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Brooklyn Brawler vs. Big Bossman</span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Comments: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Power and Glory vs. The Rockers</span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Comments: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Ric Flair vs. Jim Powers</span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Comments: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Earthquake vs. Hulk Hogan</span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Comments: </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Fun Fan Signs:</span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:TAHOMA;"> Comments On Last Show: </span></p>

<p>The Nasty Boys and Dino Bravo vs. <strong>The Hart Foundation and Greg Valentine</strong></p><p>

Comments: Usually, this would put the challenger over... but I think POWER AND GLORY gets the nod here against The Hart Foundation, a much better overall match, and the NASTY MEN won't complain if Dino take the pin. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Mountie </strong>vs. Koko B. Ware</p><p>

Comments: Pretty much a straight squash, here. </p><p> </p><p>

Brooklyn Brawler vs. <strong>Big Bossman</strong></p><p>

Comments: Bossman continues the "quest to restore his mothers' name" with a victory over a "former Hennan Client". The Brawler is a great enhancement talent. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Power and Glory</strong> vs. The Rockers</p><p>

Comments: I always feel Shawn vs. Bret is made with foresight -- plus, both are face. I think this is a "#1 Contender's match" with P&G taking the dub. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ric Flair </strong>vs. Jim Powers</p><p>

Comments: Even against Jim Powers, this will be the second-best and possibly best match on the card. Flair is magical. </p><p> </p><p>

Earthquake vs. <strong>Hulk Hogan</strong></p><p>

Comments: I like 'Quake, he is capable of holding the main strap... but he's always willing to put someone over and Hogan is NEVER EVER EVER willing to put ANYONE over, and will DEMAND to win this match. </p><p> </p><p>

Fun Fan Signs: HULK HOGAN will R-R-R-R-UMBLE ALL OVER THE 'QUAKE!</p><p>

RIC HAS A FLAIR FOR THE GOLD!</p><p>

POWER & GLORY is a WINNING combination! </p><p> </p><p>

Comments On Last Show: Looking forward to Rick and THE SNAKE at The Rumble -- it should be a terrific match, both guys deserved more than one PPV before the blowoff. Two of the top five in-ring guys in '91 WWF. </p><p>

A Hogan-Horseman feud is great. It'll keep him away from the strap for a while and let you build someone else -- it puts him in a position, again, where he is doing something "more important than the title picture" providing a fresh angle on Hogan. I don't like Slaughter and Hogan's program but it should have allowed for another face to take and build the strap, but of course, Hogan got the title back at 'Mania.</p>

<p>The Nasty Boys and Dino Bravo vs. <strong>The Hart Foundation and Greg Valentine</strong></p><p>

Comments: <em>Face side just looks so much stronger to me to go otherwise even if I suspect that this is actually lot closer call than I would think.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Mountie</strong> vs. Koko B. Ware</p><p>

Comments: <em>I was actually going to go with Koko (who I know bit better) until I realized that Mountie has higher push... shows how well I know these guys, I guess.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Comments: <em>Squash.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Comments: <em>One of those "could go either way" matches so with face champs I go with heels here.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ric Flair</strong> vs. Jim Powers</p><p>

Comments: <em>Not much question on this one.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Comments: <em>Another easy one, Hulk just doesn´t lose.</em></p>

Comments: </p><p> </p><p>

Brooklyn Brawler vs.<strong> Big Bossman</strong></p><p>

Comments:</p>

<p><strong>The Nasty Boys and Dino Bravo</strong> vs. The Hart Foundation and Greg Valentine</p><p>

Comments: Be some cheating tho</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: The mountie gets his man</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: No brainer here</p><p> </p><p>

Power and Glory vs. <strong>The Rockers</strong></p><p>

Comments: Shawn and Marty will come out on top</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Woooooooooooooooooo</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: With a slam</p><p> </p><p>

Fun Fan Signs: </p><p> </p><p>

Comments On Last Show:</p>

The Nasty Boys and Dino Bravo vs. The Hart Foundation and Greg Valentine

Comments: I think that The Hammer is the vet with more upside.

The Mountie vs. Koko B. Ware

Comments: He's handsome, he's brave and strong.

Brooklyn Brawler vs. Big Bossman

Comments: I would mark out for a Brawler win though.

Power and Glory vs. The Rockers

Comments: Could go either way, but I will go the safe route.

Ric Flair vs. Jim Powers

Comments: Powers is a bigger jobber than Brawler.

Earthquake vs. Hulk Hogan

Comments: SLAMMAMANIA IS RUNNING WILD.

Fun Fan Signs: Singles Match for the Jobber Championship: Brooklyn Brawler vs. Jim Powers!

Rockin' Glory!

Comments On Last Show:

The Nasty Boys and Dino Bravo vs. The Hart Foundation and Greg Valentine

Comments:

The Mountie vs. Koko B. Ware

Comments:

Brooklyn Brawler vs. Big Bossman

Comments:

Power and Glory vs. The Rockers

Comments:

Ric Flair vs. Jim Powers

Comments:

Earthquake vs. Hulk Hogan

Comments:

Harts and Valentine - I just don't see Dino winning many matches in 1991.

The Mountie

Big Bossman

Power & Glory - as popular as Marty and Shawn always were, they were job fodder. P&G are a lot closer to a tag title match than the Rockers are, so they pick up a nefarious win here.

Ric Flair

Hulk Hogan

Fan sign: Jim Powers could have been the Power and Glory!

Archived