A Different Kind Of Attitude

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JackKnifed72" data-cite="JackKnifed72" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39960" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No Waffle House Deals on the horizon unfortunately...while the NWA is struggling as far as show quality compared to what they were doing when I was booking them (when they also had Rock, Windham and Richards), they should be a solid and profitable Regional promotion for the immediate future...an as far as signing Stasiak? No room on my roster for "Meat" anytime soon</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How is Dave Batista doing so far? I bet his skills much not be really good yet.</p>

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39960" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How is Dave Batista doing so far? I bet his skills much not be really good yet.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So far Batista has wrestled in 5 matches...his only win was over a randomly generated jobber named Frank Bell in GWF, although he does have a time limit draw with Chase Stevens ...his best match was a tag team loss between him and Inferno Kid vs. Louie Spicolli and Simon Diamond (41)</p><p> </p><p> His skills haven't really improved at all yet...in-ring = average....entertainment and physical = strong</p><p> </p><p> Only time will tell if Batista, a 29 yo rookie, will develop into anything special</p>

Unless Batista gets in a situation where he was in RL and gets put with the best around to learn off of he will turn out to be mediocre at best. He needs to be thrown in a dev promotion for his skills to get to the max level quickly because of his age but it won't happen unless a player is going to do that.

I say most likely Batista if not picked up by JackKnifed will be a well known indy star at best before his decline.

Unless Batista gets in a situation where he was in RL and gets put with the best around to learn off of he will turn out to be mediocre at best. He needs to be thrown in a dev promotion for his skills to get to the max level quickly because of his age but it won't happen unless a player is going to do that.

I say most likely Batista if not picked up by JackKnifed will be a well known indy star at best before his decline.

Most likely true...the AI has developed a few guys unexpectedly like Bagwell and Shannon Moore in ECW, but if WCW has The Giant as a jobber two years into his career I'd bet Batista doesn't do much....thought about hiring him as an enforcer type, but his menace isn't even that good so no Batista in skinny jeans for RPW just yet

November 1997

http://i.imgur.com/H6Y56Y3.jpg

Curt Henning debuts in RPW defeating Grave Digger in his first match and earning a World title shot against Rob Van Dam at RPW's PPV Sin City Showdown held in Las Vegas...The Rock and Goldberg continue to feud with the Rude Agency...Lex Luger makes his debut at Sin City Showdown teaming with Haku in a losing effort against Team 3D...

http://i.imgur.com/Amn13R5.jpg

Lex Luger debuts at Sin City Showdown

...Jeff Hardy and RVD bring down the house in the match of the month on RPW Rebellion with Van Dam retaining the RPW title in a Ladder Match (83)...at Sin City Showdown, Taz defeats The Rock then calls out Goldberg...Goldberg defeats Bradshaw and RVD retains the RPW World title by defeating Curt Hennig (80)...Goldberg's winning streak moves to 32-0

http://i.imgur.com/47pH2SF.jpg

Curt Henning confers with Rick Rude before his title match against Rob Van Dam

http://i.imgur.com/JOJ5FNL.jpg

Monday Night RAW expands into Mexico being picked up by Televisa...Rick Steiner, The Patriot, Cage and Lex Luger are released from the WWF after testing positive for steroids...WWF would replace them by signing Jimmy Del Ray, Ron Harris and Fatu (Rikishi)...

http://i.imgur.com/sadKfCy.jpg

Rikishi looks to make a big impact in the WWF (pun fully intended)

...Booker T finally takes part in a good main event match and doesn't lose as Booker, Razor and Ultimate Warrior battle to a double count out against Diesel, HBK and Shane Douglas on RAW (91)...Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon wrestle three MOTY candidates in November (98,99 & 94) with HBK winning 2 out of 3...Ultimate Warrior wrestles Diesel to a draw in the main event of Survivor Series and retains the WWF World title (85)...Buff Bagwell makes his WWF debut with a win over Pat Tanaka on Smackdown!

http://i.imgur.com/HnRT4Or.jpg

Buff makes his debut on Smackdown!

http://i.imgur.com/kEpnm0t.jpg

Lance Storm ends Chris Adams' run with the WCW Television title defeating him on WCW Saturday night to win the belt...Hulk Hogan again doesn't wrestle on TV or PPV, but does get on TV once in a backstage skit with Raven...Owen Hart enters into a feud with Sting with Owen beating Sting on Nitro in the match of the month for WCW (96)...Road Warrior Hawk defeats Arn Anderson, again, at Clash of Champions to retain the WCW World title...Arn Anderson and Ric Flair have now held the WCW Tag Team titles for over 2 years, since September 1995

http://i.imgur.com/4AzdGE7.jpg

Sting debuts a more aggressive look and attitude during feuds with Cactus Jack and Owen Hart

http://i.imgur.com/H43jXyA.jpg

Former WCW & NWA wrestler Kevin Sullivan announces his divorce from wife Nancy Sullivan (Woman)

Steve Blackman enters wrestling...he would sign with RPW and debut as a lower carder in late November

Tommy Dreamer continues his seemingly endless feud with Jerry Lawler in the NWA...Greg Valentine defeats Tony Norris at NWA Standing Room Only 97 to retain the NWA title (74)

Despite being a heel in the NWA, Tommy Dreamer continues his run as the top babyface in ECW, teaming with Tatanka to defeat Kokina (Yokozuna) and Meng in the main event of November to Remember...match of the month goes to Tommy Dreamer defeating Crash the Terminator (Bill Demott) on ECW Hardcore TV (86)

Former WCW & NWA wrestler Kevin Sullivan announces his divorce from wife Nancy Sullivan (Woman)

Oh we know where this is going....

http://i.imgur.com/sadKfCy.jpg

And BTW that outfit on Rikishi is horrific!

Sting debuts a more aggressive look and attitude during feuds with Cactus Jack and Owen Hart

My teenage self is jumping up and down wanting to see Crow Sting fight Owen Hart and Cactus Jack. That would have been epic!

My teenage self is jumping up and down wanting to see Crow Sting fight Owen Hart and Cactus Jack. That would have been epic!

I don't know, personally I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of dark, anti-hero "tweener" type stable...kinda like The Shield but more like this:

http://i.imgur.com/dmOKv1E.jpg

...The Flock...

I don't know, personally I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of dark, anti-hero "tweener" type stable...kinda like The Shield but more like this:

http://i.imgur.com/dmOKv1E.jpg

...The Flock...

Wow you just blew my mind! I wouldn't have went with the flock though. Flock would insinuate there was a leader....how about Legion.

December 1997

http://i.imgur.com/H6Y56Y3.jpg

Although it had been one of the worst kept secrets in wrestling and the tabloids, rocker Shirley Manson and RPW World champion Rob Van Dam made their relationship official when they attended a fundraising benefit together in Manson's native Scotland...for the first time ever three companies in the US are all at National level at once, and the RPW takes the biggest hit, coming in last place in the three way "National Battle" according to experts and falling back to Cult (yeah I got my a** handed to me :mad:)...RPW debuts a second weekly TV show, a Wednesday night live broadcast on Showtime, called Showdown on Showtime...on the debut broadcast, Garbage performs live, Lex Luger wins a battle royal and is given the choice- $100,000 or a World Title match...Luger chooses the title match but loses to RVD in the main event, also on the debut Showtime broadcast in the co-main event, Team 3D defeats The Rock and Haku to retain the RPW Tag Team titles in a fantastic match (84)...RVD would also successfully defend the RPW title 4 more times in December...at the last PPV of the year, New Year's Revolution, Taz defeats The Rock in an I Quit match then gets into a wild and bloody brawl with Goldberg...Goldberg's undefeated mark ends 1997 at 38-0

http://i.imgur.com/W6t3ns9.jpg

Being shown on Showtime after 10pm EST, Taz doesn't have to worry about the censors as he cuts loose and promises not just to end Goldberg's winning streak...but to "end his ******g career"

http://i.imgur.com/JOJ5FNL.jpg

Somewhat surprisingly, the WWF comes out on top of the three way "National Battle" producing the best shows of the month out of WCW, WWF & RPW...the WWF releases 3 more wrestlers in December, Pitbull #2 is released after failing a drug test, Paul Roma is axed reportedly due to a poor attitude and Johnny Grunge is "future endeavored" with no explanation given...the WWF signs the Tonga Kid...Diesel and HBK defeat the Ultimate Warrior and Razor Ramon on the last Smackdown of the year in a thrilling match (93) that helps WWF win the "National Battle"...Undertaker and Honky Tonk Man defeat Sycho Sid and Goldust on PPV to retain the WWF Tag Team titles

http://i.imgur.com/MyUgzXP.jpg

Your WWF World Tag Team Champions!

http://i.imgur.com/kEpnm0t.jpg

Also victimized by the first ever "National Battle", WCW takes a hit to it's prestige and falls to International size...Hulk Hogan gets a rare televised victory, defeating Buddy Landel in a squash on WCW Saturday Night...on Nitro, Sting and Steve Austin team up to beat the unlikely team of Ric Flair and Raven (95)...Jake Roberts and Bret Hart have yet another epic match, this time with Roberts getting the win on WCW Saturday Night (99)...despite a huge buyrate (7.95...the best yet by ANY company), WCW puts on a disappointing Starrcade 97 with Hawk defeating Raven in the main event (80) and Wild & Wicked (Taki Kumo and Jackie Moore) defeating Bull Nakano and Candi Devine in the semi-main (62)...also at Starrcade, Lance Storm defeats Terry Funk to retain the WCW Television title and Arn Anderson defeats DDP to retain the WCW US Heavyweight title

http://i.imgur.com/PPI7s4R.jpg

Not even an epic Raven promo can save a disastrous Starrcade

http://i.imgur.com/H43jXyA.jpg

Former NWA Tag Team champion Jimmy Steele quits the NWA unexpectedly...Kevin Sullivan returns as a color commentator...Greg Valentine defeats Tommy Dreamer in an excellent match (81) at the NWA's end of the month show to highlight an otherwise mediocre month

In ECW, Tommy Dreamer defeats Crash the Terminator (Bill Demott) at ECW December to Dismember (88) then enters into a feud with Kokina Maximus (Yokozuna)...Rey Misterio Jr. moves into the main event scene headlining December to Dismember, losing a 6-man tag match, and an episode of ECW Hardcore TV, teaming with Carl Oullet to defeat Axl Rotten and Don Harris

Wow I love your universe!...That is kind of shocking that WCW waits for the first National Battle to drop the ball:eek:. 1997 was a hell of a year to be a wrestling fan but your 97 would have been epic to be a wrestling fan. There were so many stars and big companies it was literately something for everyone.

End of the Year Awards: 1997

Wrestler of the Year - Toshiaki Kawada...Kawada helped carry NJPW

Tag Team - Shinya Hashimoto & Toshiaki Kawada

Young Wrestler - Masato Tanaka (2)

Veteran - Ric Flair (4)...third straight win here for the Nature

Boy...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Woman - Aja Kong (JWP)

Independent Wrestler - Brians Knobbs

Company - NJPW (6)...WCW's run of 3 straight years as company of the year comes to end

Most Improved - EWF...Jerry Lawler's company makes headway, but is still barely at Regional size

Match - Shawn Michaels defeats Razor Ramon (99)...WWF

Smackdown...these two had several awesome matches in 1997

Card - NJPW For the Warriors Fell (94)

Manager - Arnold Schawrzenegger (4)...Let's just call this award the Arnie now

Announcer - Jim Ross (9)...Just call this award the "J.R." now

Color Commentator - Jim Cornette (3) - RPW...Cornette returns after a long hiatus and is still one of the most entertaining men on the mic

Referee - Tommy Young (9) - WCW

While still strong, the US scene takes a step back as Japan dominates the awards this year

Power 500

1 - Toshiaki Kawada (NJPW)

2 - Shawn Michaels (WWF)

3 - Kensuke Sasaki (NJPW)

4 - Shinya Hashimoto (NJPW)

5 - Scott Hall (WWF)

6 - Masahiro Chono (NJPW)

7 - Steve Austin (WCW)

8 - Brett Hart (WCW)

9 - Keiji Mutoh (NJPW)

10 -Sting (WCW)

(Un)Official End of the Year Top 5

1 - World Championship Wrestling - No surprise here as the WCW continues to lead the pack, jumping back and forth from International to Global. They have fallen back a bit in the second half of 1997 in terms of show quality but still average consistently in the mid-80s for TV and PPV. A peek into the editor shows they made around $12 million in less than 4 years, so they should be the dominant promotion in North America for sometime.

2 - World Wrestling Federation - Despite losing the "Evil Genius" Vince McMahon, the WWF has actually improved the quality of it's shows in the second half of 1997. This is almost exclusively due to the work of Shawn Michaels who puts on 85 to 99 rated matches on almost every show! Their undercard is weak, after HBK they rely on Undertaker, Warrior, Razor Ramon and Diesel waaay too much and each of these guys are prone to the occasional crappy match. They have struggled financially but don't seem to be in jeopardy of going out of business anytime soon.

3 - Revolution Pro Wrestling - McMahon's new promotion, RPW, is quickly moving up the ranks thanks to several young up and coming stars like Goldberg, Rob Van Dam, The Rock and Team 3D. The company is financially solid and turning a small profit each month. RPW briefly went National late in the year but got b**** smacked back down to Cult in a hurry, however the timing was great as they were National long enough to negotiate a second TV show, this one on Showtime.

4 - Extreme Championship Wrestling - Wrestling's other "Evil Genius" Paul Heyman finally got ECW to Cult thanks to running their weekly TV program, Hardcore TV, in both the Tri-state and the South East. They have lost a ton of talent over the last few years including Shane Douglas, Stevie Richards, Buff Bagwell and Sabu...and that will be tough to overcome in the long run. Only loyalty from #1 star Tommy Dreamer aka the John Cena of Extreme and longtime announcer Joey Styles keeps them from jumping ship too, and that goes a long way to keeping ECW's show quality high.

5 - National Wrestling Alliance - The NWA had a short window to make a push and join the elites...and that window has closed. Booker JD Green (me) left and so has several of their top names, including The Rock. They are still muddling along with local TV in the South East and Mid Atlantic putting on shows in the low 60s but, while turning a profit, Cult level seems out of the question at the moment.

...to coin a phrase, Triple H's chance of working for Vince McMahon? No Chance in H*ll !

that's a shame. When the Dudley's table bombed Vince, that looks like it might be a good window of opportunity to bring in a guy that's almost like family to Vince (if for no other reason than to keep him on the west coast far away from Stephanie) -- even if just borrowed or signed to a short 3 month contract just to see how he does. Of course, the evil genius would have to smiling at just how many times Hunter would be table bombed during his tenure (maybe knock some sense into him) which is all the more reason. :D

Now that you have this start-up off the ground and running, it would be interesting to see you back at WCW -- if for no other reason than to put Legion together (where is Paul Ellering again?) and try to cement them in Global - someone has to stop the Japanese from taking over!!!!.

Looks like Danny Davis is getting some good work out of the guys in WWE. Now if he just knew of a place like OVW to develop some new mid-card wrestlers. :rolleyes:

It's a shame that your run in NWA put SMW and USWA out of business. Like to have seen them churn along for a while longer, but at least you salvaged Cornette in the new RPW.

that's a shame. When the Dudley's table bombed Vince, that looks like it might be a good window of opportunity to bring in a guy that's almost like family to Vince (if for no other reason than to keep him on the west coast far away from Stephanie) -- even if just borrowed or signed to a short 3 month contract just to see how he does. Of course, the evil genius would have to smiling at just how many times Hunter would be table bombed during his tenure (maybe knock some sense into him) which is all the more reason. :D

In this Universe McMahon has no ties to Hunter who had a brief stay in the WWF as a lower card guy...I personally always kinda liked HHH, but in this game his attitude is foul and he's just not worth it

Now that you have this start-up off the ground and running, it would be interesting to see you back at WCW -- if for no other reason than to put Legion together (where is Paul Ellering again?) and try to cement them in Global - someone has to stop the Japanese from taking over!!!!.

Ellering is the head booker of WWF since Danny Davis took over...going back to WCW is tempting but for the immediate future, I want to build RPW into a wrestling powerhouse

Looks like Danny Davis is getting some good work out of the guys in WWE. Now if he just knew of a place like OVW to develop some new mid-card wrestlers. :rolleyes:

WWF is struggling financially but that seems to be passing and the AI is actually doing better at booking the WWF recently which is strange but cool at the same time

It's a shame that your run in NWA put SMW and USWA out of business. Like to have seen them churn along for a while longer, but at least you salvaged Cornette in the new RPW.

Actually I uses the editor to put USWA and SMW into debt so that they would go out of business around the same time as they did in the real world. SMW was slowly losing money anyway and both were stuck at Regional

Sorry I have been slow to post lately, starting a second job and free time has been at a premium. I will post the next few months of recaps over the next week or so. Starting in April 1998 I will be current and I will shift to a more "traditional" diary style, posting show by show for RPW while still putting up an end of month recap for the AI run promotions

Starting in April 1998 I will be current and I will shift to a more "traditional" diary style, posting show by show for RPW while still putting up an end of month recap for the AI run promotions

I think one of the reasons I enjoy this diary is its not like any of the other ones. I don't want to vote who wins, except maybe the major shows. I'd be just fine if you keep updating your current game like this too. Especially if you're still crunched for time with 2 jobs. Either way, enjoy your work. This world has been a lot of fun to follow.

I think one of the reasons I enjoy this diary is its not like any of the other ones. I don't want to vote who wins, except maybe the major shows. I'd be just fine if you keep updating your current game like this too. Especially if you're still crunched for time with 2 jobs. Either way, enjoy your work. This world has been a lot of fun to follow.

This right here....

If it's not broke don't fix it.

Archived