Dragon Gate - Open The Dragon Storm!

Here we go!

Immediately after Open The New Japan Gate, Dragon Gate was heading back over to the UK for another two show tour. The UK names on the tour were Will Ospreay, Wild Boar, Jack Gallagher, Kenny Williams, Mark Haskins, Morgan Webster & Martin Kirby in an 6 man tournament with the winner getting a chance to come over for a tour [Ed note: Simulated in TEW by turning off regions]. Two three man scramble matches set up the initial brackets.

Bracket A - Ospreay/Gallagher/Webster

Bracket B - Boar/Williams/Haskins

On the first night, Metal Warrior would appear and attack Gallagher, taking his place and stealing a spot in the finals against Mark Haskins.

Meanwhile on Night One, Shingo and Susumu Yokosuka had another war on British soils with Shingo's new attitude and refound ruthless streak getting him the win.

CIMA once again teamed with Kotoka & T-Hawk, facing off against Kanda, Ryu & Doi with the Mad Blankey trio walking away with the win.

YAMATO would face off against Mochizuki with YAMATO once again showing a modicum of respect for his opponent after putting Mochi away with the Galleria.

Night Two was originally main evented by the Metal Warrior/Haskins clash with Metal Warrior getting the somewhat surprising win over Haskins. MAD BLANKEY came out to congratulate Metal Warrior and assist in the beatdown of Haskins, Metal Warrior unmasking to reveal the previously exiled from DG:UK Marty Scurll! Turning down the trip to Japan, Scurll explained. Haskins forced him out of DG:UK and when he heard about the little tournament Dragon Gate had put on, he was determined to cheat everyone out of their place and ruin the party. CIMA appeared furious at Scurll's deceipt and with the aid of Kotoka, T-Hawk & Mochizuki he challenged Scurll, Doi, Kanda & Ryu to a 4 v 4 match. The crowds would go away happy as Haskins got his revenge, forcing Scurll to tap out to a furious armbar in the centre of the ring.

When Dragon Gate returned to Japan for the Gate of Victory tour, tensions were high. Coming to a head at Gate of Victory itself, the landscape of Dragon Gate changed suddenly and rapidly.

- After a hard fought battle against Gamma, CIMA called the Millenials down to the ring. Imploring them to fully end their generational war, he asked them to join CIMA and Don Fujii in a new unit. After some discussions, T-Hawk agreed and the Millenials name was sealed. After some initial hand shakes, Eita took to the microphone and said he appreciates the idea but he's not joining to play third wheel behind CIMA & T-Hawk. It's time for Eita to strike out and make it on his own. Post show, CIMA, T-Hawk, Don Fujii, Kotoka & El Lindaman [Yosuke]

- DoiYAMA's Open The Twin Gates reigns would end at the hands of Ryo Saito & Susumu Yokosuka, the former Jimmyz gaining their final measure of payback towards the end of the Jimmyz with Ryo Saito getting the pinfall over YAMATO following a Double Cross (Straight jacket piledriver). Post match, Doi walked over and slapped the now recovering YAMATO. Joined by the rest of MAD BLANKEY as well as two masked men, Doi kicked YAMATO out of MAD BLANKEY declaring that YAMATO was nothing but a failure with girly hair. Orchestrating a gang beatdown, Doi took great delight in revealing that Naoki Tanizaki and Gamma were the two masked men.

- Shingo defeated Yoshino to become the Open The Dream Gate champion for a third time, a hellacious battle ensuing between the pair that saw them go for a hair under 40 minutes. Celebrating post match, Shingo didn't have much time to rest as Doi and his MAD BLANKEY Remnants headed out to the ring. Feigning an attack, Doi would instead hug Shingo and MAD BLANKEY laid waste to the Monster Express members. Closing the show on a sour note, Shingo gave the rest of Dragon Gate fair warning. He was done being amongst the weak. Hell, the weak created MAD BLANKEY and as far as Shingo is concerned, MAD BLANKEY is now dead. The collection of men standing alongside Shingo....and Kong & Tominaga....are Dragon Gate's Final Hazard.

So post Gate of Victory this was how Dragon Gate looked

Final Hazard (Shingo, Doi, Tanizaki, Gamma, Ryu, K-Ness, Kanda, Kong & Punch, Dr Muscle)

Dia Hearts (BxB Hulk, Dragon Kid, Masaaki Mochizuki, Big R Shimizu, Kzy, Seiya Sanada)

Monster Express (Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino, Shachihoko BOY, Ricochet)

Over Generation (CIMA, Don Fujii, T-Hawk, Kotoka, El Lindaman)

Unaligned (Genki Horiguchi, Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka, YAMATO, Eita, Super Shisa, Kenichiro Arai, Yosuke

The plans for the future future would be:-

- Kong & Punch would leave Final Hazard at separate times, Shingo exiling both for being weak.

- YAMATO, Eita, Kong & Punch would form a unit - YAMATO saving Eita from a FH beatdown after Eita defending the Open The Brave Gate championship against Naoki Tanizaki at the November Korakuen Hall show, Kong & Punch finding their way to YAMATO & Eita soon after. The unit would be named Deva - reasoning here [Also at the time I was getting into more recent Michinoku Pro and thought Asura was a great stable name. Doing some research I got to the information about Deva and it fitted perfectly. A rocky start at first, they would be joined by Super Shenlong IV at Final Gate to round out the unit.

- Shingo would hold the Open The Dream Gate championship until 2016 Kobe World Pro Wrestling Festival where BxB Hulk would eventually get revenge for all his Kobe World losses to Shingo, winning a gruelling bout to win the OTDG for a 2nd time.

That's all I really had. I'm a massive BxB Hulk mark and the history is there at Kobe World for him to finally get a win over Shingo at DG's biggest stage.

For those wondering, I have three regrets.

1) Hiring Seiya Sanada and having him lose his debut and really not break out.

2) Dr Muscle. Shocking reveal here - it's Bram under the mask. I was going through a phase of digging Bram's work and rather ill-advisedly put him under the mask and launched it. Had I continued on, I was discounting this and having KAGETORA be revealed to be under the mask.

3) Super Shenlong IV. Another reveal, it's Daichi Hashimoto under the mask. I didn't make him as big a deal as I should have - losing first match = rookie move. The plan I had for him at first involved SSIV being the most successful Shenlong and being screwed over in a Mask vs Hair match with YAMATO - YAMATO insisting that Super Shenlong should have died with the end of -akatusi-. After that, he'd be a bit of variety in Dragon Gate, hitting hard instead of being a flying dude.

*Going by the shared timeline myself and Moot sorta have, U-T would be gone from DG following Open The New Japan Gate. Mainly because he was a lower card body and I never saw a future for him.

Curiously enough, in the physical TEW save - Liger took Kotoka under his wing. We go live to Kotoka for his reaction to this.

CYLgpXXUoAAv1mW.jpg

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

-SUPER FIN-

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived