Fights being declined due to weight

What is with Heavyweights turning down fights with other heavyweights due to weight? That makes 0 sense. I even turned on fantasy booking and still declined due to weight. I could understand if it was an open weight fight but it is with in a weight class...

What is with Heavyweights turning down fights with other heavyweights due to weight? That makes 0 sense. I even turned on fantasy booking and still declined due to weight. I could understand if it was an open weight fight but it is with in a weight class...

I agree with you, really makes no sense. I had Pike turn down a fight because the other guy was 22 lbs heavier. I'm not sure that is too realistic there.

There is an attribute (Career: Even Playing Field) that will cause a fighter to always turn down fights where they'd be much smaller than their opponent. What exactly constitutes 'much' smaller, I have no idea. But it might be a good idea to look at the fighters in question and see if they have this attribute. Other than that, no idea what could cause folks to turn down fights within their own division, specifically noting weight. I've had folks turn down fights because they would be hard ("I think <fighter> is too much of a step up in competition for me...") but not for weight.

Yeah, I think fighters with the attribute will turn down fights if the opponent is 20+ pounds heavier than them; it only really comes up in the Heavyweight division, since that's the only place such discrepancies within a weight class are possible. I usually find that people like Norman Pike that don't want to fight up can be moved down to Light Heavy; realistically, if you're going to come in at 210, you might be better off dropping a class anyway.

Archived