Graphics are fun [Joshi2015 Mod]

I'm working on the first update for my mod since, well, 2008. Which pretty much means everything needs to be gone through, point by point. Stats have to be redone completely. I've been reading Derek's awesome Mod Maker Guide. That guide and the sad realization that I was definitely letting my love for joshi puroresu inflate some numbers mean there is a lot of reworking to do. On the plus side, I also get to redesign my pics. My original pictures had a gold border like this:

sva7Cdv74VR7qaj5dzA7VLo3oJtxI24X3-QTYd9szjIBJQkYuNaop9aS7qyFWgDVLc-QdIBm8P2-0GL21ILt4kZ8ZeMp8ELfm14Ls-le78fZFzokUunow3EINBPGto6xceJu7U54UgB-51lx_K2yRa9TvA31YlepJhqWzlyESmAo20ELniFEPLzp_DwDeZtUAnLbS0URAM8pVFUGbMghCdsJ1ruKvLweylG8QJJZtSjQXoZPrbIanjiFO-P9vDcT1_mqWhAJSLdN1Gr8XL5VD7IOrEFYPzs7gYUMHTP5Tl41O7r-gZGaRswuW-kPrZ01jm_YJEHiryy-gVH_DUlR0Bo0c5gKmSd3Prqo10dLpeV3xGF4MIwUm6PwNNvthcqQKSE5ZeUSAZ5SbB1QvgNFlMn9NRwiYVnfUvtK4ji5SWg_drAepK2VWXJ9OzbGqHIiAgkxxXFwKa1QRzQzufAuUwvWzYVUtJI9O6Ks_jzaFC-V3knXVee4FOeGw6qR_ceXAPfe0s8nXSuKl7HEq3Z4MA=s150-no

While newer ideas are more modern:

uLM3h7Tw70ZjclcjESlUvLRJ0FkJy4DAi3T4P9iklaC-Jw3LNfhatmOPf2LLiesV7R7kYOg3JkTRb_pS2sqZ_uEli-UVbAzo8c_zc_P-fJENSzPLYr79cQ5X8X7825vgPaPN9iDyRLVz1nvepp1UAQpQiqSQMgtfEPdVtMX4H91ICzVHUL9Z07KyLIXG3QDI3FPHzwAi0GWdM-5414DU_DVbPXLUwAUwLVGiIlDBdZshas6kdDTAIm3DFr1mywPUxZhkTZVG8mkKOq8zy8aOXLejPQOUm2IyOR9n19p_y7T_myY2QGHFgJwdH6MmGvCBep4mUmAQ_KOVOtWZCMTbak9WkE088JIyB6YOm-RkYw_uZGpU5k6I7bwifZYfEQc8VfRSaYuBaTVFCcYwjEe2fdf05COZneFv9LCagJPK9olWZy-VT_ow8zE2phDMQiVBGR_gp012Rys9Nq8trPMhwFzBpJVrZiK1zlb4sewSEO2jCutT6n5v63Rh7yO1UjBsedVGxh3XIfILDnhpKfiZVw=s150-no and 5Rwdixw8Owya2pPYbfLX-PcssttlzioY2wBzufk2y7Ljqf3j9QD8Fv33foPHI6x-LHeM9tD8_5-9Zb0QfzEFjXuWgM1TTRe14g1xcsCyVUBiTJkQspAnHr3P6BvDCLDPAFshky9GI_KPlmmjZGzUEbP2qYEsukElYGo7h94Yojp0oUUrgGXLy5Q8GlDZhYuJvtkOo67Ut6Hk0G_6ubBVUo-GBg6F61_iwOhSbca2v8WgpWSQxhxtGtBT9EsEpYUYJkAdwhtodKqs0LwIPcMDYXfk3fKaMij0e9r6_AQsPNxwMVdLPHU0NGHFqkXOQID6WLkTVf2lurWjd5GkaU32qV4RNyRkowT8Dg39ytI8YOpzP0S1QxMuYyKzcwkqN1mrA_f_yxjXuKLEv3kn-vEuTPq5uj0R0kkvAsS8HB3JA7QAS284HpoIfCtJ8MoLv5O9qWHk64sXDYidwBgp-BdPzJ6Yyqiz_JFQA6VP1UFCSSwwB3qPSdHvEGvmyhLTgq4Yzud0lfS82JEvw-EXNWfW8g=s150-no

The bright yellow lacks definition, but colors can be tweaked. I'm not sure about the border on the new picture with kanji. Not 100% sold on kanji with the pictures but I like to use it for the feel and because it fits the theme. This is pretty much the last thing that needs to be done so there is plenty of time to play with ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are going well. Basic stuff done, new locations file created. Promotions done. May add Diana, they are on the small end of small but have plenty of former world champions. Found announcers, color commentators, refs, etc. Still updating titles and histories. Mostly what's left is pictures and stats. Which is the long part of the mod.

Still want to work in kanji for pictures. Which of these looks better, the blue yellow to fit TEW, or the understated blue light blue?

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/Stardom2015/Act_Yasukawa1_zpsfq5h7gxj.jpg or http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/Stardom2015/Act_Yasukawa_zpspzvzrbln.jpg

Thanks!

your first post doesnt show me any pictures instead i get a circle with a (-) in the middle, however on your second post there i really like how the Yellow stands out in the blue bar, i think it gives the picture more of a pop that catches your eyes and makes it look in an entirely different league as opposed to the other

your first post doesnt show me any pictures instead i get a circle with a (-) in the middle, however on your second post there i really like how the Yellow stands out in the blue bar, i think it gives the picture more of a pop that catches your eyes and makes it look in an entirely different league as opposed to the other

Thanks for the comment! Don't worry about the first post. I was experimenting with google for pictures then, I've moved on to Photobucket. That's part of the fun of updating my mod. I've not done much with it for seven years, so there is so much to overhaul.

Things are going well. Basic stuff done, new locations file created. Promotions done. May add Diana, they are on the small end of small but have plenty of former world champions. Found announcers, color commentators, refs, etc. Still updating titles and histories. Mostly what's left is pictures and stats. Which is the long part of the mod.

Still want to work in kanji for pictures. Which of these looks better, the blue yellow to fit TEW, or the understated blue light blue?

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/Stardom2015/Act_Yasukawa1_zpsfq5h7gxj.jpg or http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/Stardom2015/Act_Yasukawa_zpspzvzrbln.jpg

Thanks!

I like the light blue, but the yellow sticks out more

Thanks!

I really like both but, the blue/light blue just edges it for me.

I may just do both. It would not take that much time to switch the template.

Stardom has had some very rough times. They've lost quite a few rookies for various reasons and that's made to tough to grow. Especially after putting so much of their early hype in Aikawa. The Ghastly Match also cost them dearly. I love their style and energy though and they keep finding ways to produce more good rookies.

Part of the reason I decided to update my mod was a desire to do a Stardom diary.

• 2 weeks later...

Miko! Happy to see you're updating your old mod. If you need any help, let me know! I actually went through and did a bunch of graphics for a Joshi mod I had planned on doing; they were sort of based off of what you had for your original mod:

http://i.imgur.com/nNWdfMU.jpg

I've also got a ton of logos and all that stuff that I'm putting on backgrounds and the like. Lots of time for me to work on graphics and mod stuff, as I work from home and have a fair amount of downtime. Happy to see you still around! How much wrestling have you been watching lately?

Thanks but it's coming along pretty well. Almost done with the graphics, just some wrestler pics to do. The longest part will be statting everyone and then going back and balancing the stats. That's going to take a little while.

I'll decide if I want to leave in World Women's Wrestling Diana later. It's tempting to leave in the nostalgia fed but it really is tiny.

I watch some, most recently WAVE but I want to catch up on Stardom and see how well they are doing.

Thanks but it's coming along pretty well. Almost done with the graphics, just some wrestler pics to do. The longest part will be statting everyone and then going back and balancing the stats. That's going to take a little while.

I'll decide if I want to leave in World Women's Wrestling Diana later. It's tempting to leave in the nostalgia fed but it really is tiny.

I watch some, most recently WAVE but I want to catch up on Stardom and see how well they are doing.

Yeah, mine is pretty far along as well - I went through and re-did all of the locations from scratch, as some buildings are no longer used for wrestling events or are closed (Sapporo Teisen Hall, for instance, which closed in June). I think I've got all of the talent in the game as well; adding some North American, European and Mexican wrestlers to the mod I'm doing.

I DO need to do the matches, TV stations and a few other things. Graphics are the last thing for me to do, as they're the quickest.

Cool, get to work! /whipcrack

Locations are not a big deal, Purolove provides a wide range of locations. Though to cover all the catagories needed in TEW you need to add additional arenas. Japan doesn't draw in the same numbers as, for example, Mexico for an equivalent level card but the game doesn't take that into account. And it was fun looking through Wiki.jp to find likely arenas.

I'm currently having fun working on the numbers for stats in Excel.

Matches I just use the default for the mod. For my game I'll eliminate the matches I won't need to make things easier. Same for angles. Joshi interactions can probably be narrowed down to maybe five basic angles.

1. The Interview (1, 2 or 3 people)

4. The interview interruption (2-6 people)

5. The confrontation (2-6 people)

4. Comedy Match or Skit

5. Training (usually with a older wrestler for overness and younger wrestler for charisma)

There are probably a few more if I think about it.

Archived