Quick Questions from new boy

I am used to playing Football Manager (the soccer simulation) so getting my head around reams of stats and options is usually no problem. However I have a few quick queries about Bowl Bound in the first season.

I chose Ohio State, not because I am a fan but I figured they would be one of the easiest teams to learn the game with in terms of talent and resources. Here are my queries -

1) Do you cut anybody in the first season? I have 6 QB's and one of them is a red rated (1.5/2.0) Senior who obviously isn't going to play and is just taking up space but I don't see how he would be replaced so do you just leave the roster alone in year 1?

2) In the roster screen does the (s) next to a player mean they are the designated starter according to the depth chart or something else?

3) Do you get any warning that underclassmen are going to declare for the draft? Recruiting would certainly be affected if I knew whether the 2 starting junior cornerbacks are going to jump ship or not.

4) Although active recruiting is not allowed at the start of the game can you still put potential recruits on a watch list?

thanks for any replies

1) You can cut whoever you want as long as you do not go below the limit. So cut that QB. you don't have to replace him

2) yes it does, but you can set your own depth chart

3) yes, in the offseason you get emails before transfer time and recruiting time about who would transfer or who would declare fro the NFL

4) I don't know if you can put them on a watch list. I think you can just go to the section that says monitor recruits and look at the recruits you want

It's more about positions than a total number on the team. Here are the minimums the game requires by position:

QB, RB, FB, OT, OG, OC, TE, DE, DT, ILB, OLB, FS, SS: atleast 3

CB: atleast 5

WR: atleast 6

K/P: atleast 2

If you try to cut a player and go below those minimums, the game will give you a message and not allow it.

Archived