End Zone Art

All,

If anyone is interested I am sharing end zone art I use in my games. It is not the actual real end zone art for teams, but does add to the game experience using these.

Please keep in mind to backup your originals....Also note, these files are named based on my team abbreviations. If your team abbreviations differ from mine, you will need to rename them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hq716i9n8qn8eq5/AACXzfdrpiH8qA3wSepLUzTca?dl=0

need help please

I see your also an Auburn fan so this is why Iam asking for help from you. I have tried to download mod's and all the different thing to make the game more up to date but It wont change from the old names and stuff. I have asked Arie but he's either busy or doesn't care. Can you tell me please step by step how to get the mod in the right folders or where they need to go. I didn't buy this game on stream ive had for some time now.

Thanks

thomas

Absolutely. I have tested the league I am running now through several iterations of simulation testing multiple years. I am just about ready to start my first season

I feel like the base I have is pretty solid. I did alter the pstats and psetup files. Updated info. I also added UAB back in. I know they don't start until 2017 but having this 129th in I found ALL teams are scheduling solidly 12 games every year

I probably can respond in greater detail and help you I any way I can.

What exactly are you having difficulty with?

help

I have downloaded every New Mod and end zone mod there is But when I try to place them where they need to go it never works. I there an easy method on how to place mod's in certains areas that they need to go? I'm not computer smart but my wife is so if you can tell us the steps on what to do I would be very appreciative. I have the old version and not from stream.

Thanks

Thomas

So which new mod specifically have you downloaded? Are you talking about a new pstats/psetup files?

If you look at the main screen when you start the game, which version does it say you are running? 1.61, 1.62 etc...

To get the logos to work in game, it is important to make sure the name format matches the team abbreviations etc... for example :

in the directory where your files are located in th GDS\Bowl Bound College Football folder you have a graphics folder. In the graphics folder there are many subfolders - bowls, endzones, fac, fieldlogo, fields, helmets etc...

If you have downloaded new endzone art, field logo at, logos etc....these files will go there. It is important that the names match team abbreviations to be able to see them in game.

Endzones - Files saved as JPG format sized 38x179 pizels ...For example my team abbreviation for Auburn is aub so my end zone art is named aubleft for the left endzone and aubright for the right endzone

Fieldlogo - Files saved as GIF format sized 77x42 pixels...For example my team abbreviation for Air Force is af so my end zone art is named aflogo

Helmets - This is where both logos show up on your team screen (for example when viewing roster in game) There is one up top, and the one below.

The one below is in a subfolder in helmets called "team". I personally like these to be transparent logos. Many folks like to have color in this box where the logo overlays (default in pstats has color, I change all to white and add color in the column shading) Transparency works well for either since only the logo itself overlays in the area.

Files saved as GIF format sized 60x60 pixels...For example my team abbreviation for South Carolina is scar so my team logo art is named scar-t

The one above is in a subfolder in helmets called "black".

Files saved as GIF format sized 80x55 pixels...For example my team bbreviation for Boise State is bsu so my logo art for this folder is simply named bsu

It is important to know when starting a new game it utilizes the pstats and psetup files on creation. Once the league is created it creates a folder name in the Saves file (named for the league abbreviation you set at creation), it creates two files called stats and setup. These files can be opened and altered using Access, but be very cautious in changing things in this as it can corrupt or cause issues. I think this is what happens to many folks when having errors. I personally like to create a test league after making changes on the pstats nd/or psetup to run several simmed seasons to validate cleanliness and no errors.

In the pstats file, once opened you will notice many tables. This is where you can alter things like award titles, bowl game names etc... The Teams table is where all the team info is. In that table you will find school names, mascots, team abbreviations, team color schemes, stadium names etc...

I hope this information helps unmuddy the water some. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. If this does not help or answer, and you want to PM me, I would be glad to look at your current pstats/petup files to see if I can see what may or may not be happening.

Also too, if you are not deep into a league and would like to try mine, I would be happy to share them with all my current logos. Many of the logos I have accumulated over years....creating many on my own, but also utilizing many of the communities so I can't take credit for them, but not sure where they came from to give credit as due....but they all work for me to help with a little extra immersion into the game.

Archived