January 2001 Converted Mod Release

I have converted Genadi's Jan 2001 mod for TEW2010 to be playable for TEW2013. I added the necessary worker/tour names and made some changes to the Hall of Immortals. I also imported the default angles and match types. I made a few changes in relationships, tag teams, and set Melina Perez as a female. This mod seems to be pretty playable and gives players the opportunity to make one last attempt to save ECW and WCW. There are narratives included that cause the downfall of both companies, so you will want to delete them if you want to play without them. If anyone would like to post any needed corrections or changes, I might be willing to update further if there is a demand. You will want to use Genadi's pic pack with this. All credit goes to him. I did not get permission to release this, but I believe all of his mods are freeware and he has been absent from the forum for quite a while. I can certainly delete this thread if I am out of line by releasing. Have fun! I look forward to the feedback.

DATA

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rma919

Good on ya! This had always been one of my favorite mods to play on TEW10, because with some VERY smart booking WCW could still be turned around. Scott Steiner was tearing up WCW, and ECW can even still make it if you really work at it. And plus, call me crazy but I just always like mods that start fresh from January.

Here's some small fixes, and don't feel bad because Genadi missed them too. The WCW Television title needs specifically set to vacant. Otherwise once you activate it, it will automatically go to Scott Steiner. Also, the WWF Tag Team titles are the wrong picture. Set it to WWF Tag Team.jpg, that is the right ones. Joey Styles should have some announcing experience with Gertner and Cyrus. Finally, Madusa and Stacy Kiebler aren't related. Not sure what relationship he was going for there, but blood relative isn't right... at least, that we know of.

Good on ya! This had always been one of my favorite mods to play on TEW10, because with some VERY smart booking WCW could still be turned around. Scott Steiner was tearing up WCW, and ECW can even still make it if you really work at it. And plus, call me crazy but I just always like mods that start fresh from January.

Here's some small fixes, and don't feel bad because Genadi missed them too. The WCW Television title needs specifically set to vacant. Otherwise once you activate it, it will automatically go to Scott Steiner. Also, the WWF Tag Team titles are the wrong picture. Set it to WWF Tag Team.jpg, that is the right ones. Joey Styles should have some announcing experience with Gertner and Cyrus. Finally, Madusa and Stacy Kiebler aren't related. Not sure what relationship he was going for there, but blood relative isn't right... at least, that we know of.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to make these changes. I am really just playing through and updating as I catch anything, so feel free to throw out anything else you see.

Any chance you could upload this somewhere else? Chrome has blocked downloads from sendspace on grounds that it is malicious. Maybe we should make a sticky thread letting all modders know to upload somewhere else due to sendspace being labeled as malicious by web browsers such as Chrome?

EDIT: Doing some Google searching and came across this. This might explain why Chrome is flagging downloads from sendspace:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/_oi_aejRBVQ

Any chance you could upload this somewhere else? Chrome has blocked downloads from sendspace on grounds that it is malicious. Maybe we should make a sticky thread letting all modders know to upload somewhere else due to sendspace being labeled as malicious by web browsers such as Chrome?

EDIT: Doing some Google searching and came across this. This might explain why Chrome is flagging downloads from sendspace:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/_oi_aejRBVQ

So I'm using chrome, just downloaded the file and it's not being flagged as malicious.

So I have to ask a question that might be seen as me being abrasive - are people who get these messages clicking the right button on sendspace?

So I'm using chrome, just downloaded the file and it's not being flagged as malicious.

So I have to ask a question that might be seen as me being abrasive - are people who get these messages clicking the right button on sendspace?

You abrasive SOB! :p j/k In all seriousness, not abrasive as I didn't know there was another button I was supposed to click. Though if I may ask, in the advanced settings for Chrome, do you have "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" unchecked? I have it checked for mine, and that could be why you were able to download it and others like me weren't. :-/

You abrasive SOB! :p j/k In all seriousness, not abrasive as I didn't know there was another button I was supposed to click. Though if I may ask, in the advanced settings for Chrome, do you have "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites" unchecked? I have it checked for mine, and that could be why you were able to download it and others like me weren't. :-/

If it's unchecked by default, then I have it unchecked. I don't tend to tinker with the settings for Chrome.

Updated 11/19/15

DATA: https://www.sendspace.com/file/o2i4tt

-Completed the HOI from scratch using the WWF, WCW, IWGP, and Triple Crown as major championships. I used Wrestlemania, Starrcade, and the January 4th Show as "historic/legendary" events. I used the WON 5* Matches as "Legendary Matches." I used the WON Awards for the End of Year Awards. Should be accurate to the data start date.

-Corrected the importance of a few events.

-Imported a few workers, mainly for HOI/Award accuracy. All are set to be out of the business.

-Updated a few real names (Undertake, Triple H, The Rock) to reflect non-WWE names.

-Made all changes pointed out above.

-Deleted all narratives that damage WCW & ECW.

-Cleaned up/Added some relationships (INCOMPLETE)

-Cleaned up/Added tag teams (INCOMPLETE)

Please feel free to point out any errors. I think I will be deleting and re-entering title histories next in order to have uniform formatting and make sure all are properly linked.

Archived