Overness + contracts

so i'm thinking of making RW mod that touches more on realism of contracts and overness...

so take a guy like Big Show who makes 1.2mil a year in the WWE. how can i manage the adjustments of Big Show's overness and WWE overness to make it as realistic as possible... far as momentum goes Big Show is a very stale wrestler but far as being known around the world of wrestling his overness is one of the top guys

I love these RW mods but i'm hoping to make a mod that has a bigger impact on the business and popularity side of things

EDIT: plus WWE hits 75,000 at WrestleMania , as a National promotion you don't even get close to those numbers

If you haven't already done so, there is a mod-making guide that will provide some great insight:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524746

One thing to keep in mind is that its a game, not an exact reality simulator. So some things will mean choosing between play-ability (or balance or whatever you want to call it) and realism.

If you get a workers popularity level relatively accurate and leave the contract value blank, the game will give them a contract on level. That tends to balance pretty well. You can take the time to look up the data and give every worker "real" contract amounts... but that's a lot of wasted work if it means the company makes way too little money or way too much.

And no, the WWE at low to mid national won't draw 75k to WM... but you have to remember that 11 other PPVs per year aren't drawing 40k. Or 30k. So trying to scale the WWE popularity to account for one thing can mess up others.

One thing you can do to accurately balance the WWE's drawing ability for shows is to not give every area an equal amount of popularity.

For example, give Tri-State, South West, Mid South, etc. maybe a B+ in pop. Then give the lesser drawing regions somewhere from B- to B.

I think there was a report somewhere in the dirtsheets that had a list which ranked all of the cities WWE holds events at from best drawing to worst.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/571027-wwe-assigning-letter-grades-to-cities

It will take some time to sort every city out by region but I hope this will help you make more accurate modifications.

Popularity is very subjective. The retired guys such as Flair, Hogan, and HBK (albeit to a smaller degree) are known by all wrestling fans. However, they're not going to draw a crowd anymore on a national stage because they're done wrestling. The mod making guide is really good in explaining those things.

You also have to take a look at other things like gimmicks. Cena, sadly, is still the most over star they have. He gets the biggest pops aside from Taker and Brock (who are both part time)and I've read that live attendence figures are higher when he's a part of those shows. However he's incredibly stale, so you could preset his gimmick rating to be poor and it would hamper his segments as it does in real life.

For a guy like Show, yes, he's pretty well known. He's also incredibly stale, and nobody cares about the guy anymore because he's flipped between good and bad so damn much nobody is going to invest emotion to get behind the guy or give him heat aside from the please retire chants which I feel are more because his in ring stuff is so slow and boring now. So would you give a guy like that 80 overness when he couldn't draw money unless even if you gave him a green crayon? No. I give him somewhere between 60 and 65.

Archived