10 questions...

1. What is non-wrestling time? Is there any reason to have more than the mandatory minimum? Does it have any impact on anything to have 5 mins vs 2 mins vs 1 min?

2. What are difference of Normal Entrances vs Timed Entrances? Does this interact with overness, or with choices like having live music at the show? I am curious about this.

3. How are angles impacted by the repeat booking penalty? I have 8 divas show off in a sex-appeal angle for 5 minutes. Does this mean I have to wait to show the "8 divas show off in sex appeal angle" again, or can I just change one person to Microphone instead? "1 interviewer speaks to 7 divas". I am getting used to using the creator and I don't know how it works.

4. I have read about using 2 minute angles after some matches to reset crowd mood (overbook, all-out match, etc) and otherwise using short angles or minor roles in angles. How much time should an angle be, in the first place?

5. Is there any advantage to live shows vs taped shows? Is there some magic day that gets the best TV ratings (friday primetime?) or something?

6. What if two companies are broadcasting in Great Lakes on Thursday Primetime - do the fans engage a zero-sum game to watch only one or the other? Do the same pool of Great Lakes fans watch either-or? Or is the number of viewers abstracted in some other way? I am trying to understand.

7. Wrestlers have styles like Brawler or Entertainer. What kind of matches/gimmicks are best suited for "MMA Crossover"? I am assuming this score lets different styles have good/bad interactions depending on match type and style of opponent, and skills in specific area?

8. If I use an angle to give someone "Major Success" - that increases their momentum? What if the person is not in a storyline? I am afraid of having too many storylines, losing track of what's what, and I am curious about running angles for people not in Storylines.

9. There was a thread that I cannot find anymore that summed up the question "Should I just use TV Shows or Weekly PPVs" - What are thoughts/feelings? I currently have 1 A-Show on Tuesday (don't wanna compete with RAW), 1 Weekly Friday PPV, and 1 PPV every 2 months Sunday.

10. This is attached to the above question: I only have popularity in one region. Should I stick home where I can fill an arena of 10k, or run shows in New England or Tri-State where I can only pack 100-500 people?

I am sure I will have more later.

Edit:

Booking penalty for repetition: If I use Match Creator to replicate the match 2 guys just had, only I increase prestige from Very Low to Low, and rename it, does that mean I am not repeating?

Assume I just give the match Very High prestige, low risk and any company size - will the AI just use this over and over?

What does pushing someone as an Authority Figure do? What does it let me do and not do? Can they wrestle? I don't understand all the personalities, authority figures, etc. I know what they do in wrestling, I just don't know what they do in game or how to use them?

I'll try and answer as many of these as I can, although people who've dived into the depths of the game more than I will be able to answer some more clearly:

1. Non-wrestling time covers entrances, set-up time and so on. Typically 1 minute is allowed for each 'sides' entrance, plus the time for setting up anything special - setting up a cage take longer than setting up a normal matches, setting up a big bowl of jello takes longer than setting up a ballgown match and so on.

2. Timed entrances are for Royal Rumbles and equivalent - Entrances are staggered over time, rather than everyone entering before the bell rings (Normal). It has nothing to do with overness. There are specific angles in the default database you can use to give someone a Shawn Michaels/Undertaker special entrance if that's what you're after.

3. Angles aren't affected by repeat booking in the sense that you can use the same angle every single night if that's what you're after.

If you book it several times with the same participants on the same show, the fans will get sick of the participants quickly, but that's down to the individual workers, not the angle.

4. No idea on this one.

5. So far as I know, there's no difference in crowd reaction at live or taped shows. They're there for your convenience - roster management or whatever.

TV ratings broadly track with exposure, so primetime is best, graveyard is worst and so on. That has no effect on crowd attendance. As far as I'm aware, there's no specific day that gets better ratings automatically, although I know way back in earlier versions there was some discussions about this. I believe Adam said that all days are (or were) the same, though.

6. My experience is that two companies can run in the same region on the same day and not affect one another's attendance.

7. Gimmicks will suit different workers in different ways, so one MMA Crossover guy may suit a Cocky gimmick, another a Brute gimmick. You can filter out gimmicks that won't suit your workers, and you then just have to factor in what sort of gimmicks (if any!) your fans like.

MMA guys typically have good brawling or technical skills, so should suit matches tailored to those attributes. Mainly, however, a company looking to make the most of them use have Hyper Realism as one of its main focuses in its product.

8. I rarely ever use angles for non-storyline workers, but anyone in an angle can benefit from a momentum boost - it just won't affect a storyline if they're not in one.

9. Unless you're making a significant profit from the weekly PPVs, I'd drop them. Certainly in the past that approach has been a money sink, and if you have weekly TV it seems redundant to also run weekly PPVs.

What sort of TV deal do you have that you're only over in one regions? If you're on TV, I would have thought it should at least cover a few regions, and your growing popularity should be helped along by occasional shows outside your home area (a monthly 'tour' show, for example).

10. Keep hitting your home region as often as your fans will take it without attendance dropping, but get out and about among the neighbouring regions too. Start to build up your popularity wherever you're spilling over (neighbouring regions with higher company overness) by occasionally visiting and having Small/Medium shows with a handful of workers on them. One or two 'name' workers in the main event should be enough to get a final show rating above your overness in that region, and deliver a significant boost.

Repetition penalty - Match prestige has no effect on match rating or repeat booking, it's just there to allow us to quickly filter out low prestige matches and find Hell in a Cell etc. quickly as matches with prestige are, broadly, matches suitable for ending feuds with.

1. Non wrestling time is essentially entrances and set up. And no, once you've hit the mandatory minimum it doesn't matter. For flexibility purposes, you can just set all your minimums to five minutes and go from there.

2. What are difference of Normal Entrances vs Timed Entrances? Does this interact with overness, or with choices like having live music at the show? I am curious about this.

As James explained, timed entrances describe events like the Rumble.

3. James answered that one as well.

4. Anything less than six minutes.

5. Live shows get higher ratings (i.e. no spoilers). However taped shows cost less to produce.

6. There is no effect.

7. Gimmicks depend on the wrestler, but tend to be legit/brute gimmicks. As for matches, I'm not quite sure on a specialty. However based on the wrestlers skill level they may do well in any brawling or submission based match.

8. You would still gain momentum, but you would gain more if they were a part of a long storyline.

9. This looks like overkill. If you're big enough to get TV, do should not use weekly PPVs. That is purely for smaller promotions. I guarantee you this is digging into your monthly PPV.

10. It depends on your TV coverage. If your shows can reach that area you can raise it on its own. Otherwise you can also try hosting shows in neighboring territories.

Match types do not apply for match repetition. It only applies to having the same to wrestlers work more than three times in 6 months.

Authority figures are just different personalities. I don't think they can wrestle.

Archived