Promotion with months off in-between "virtual" seasons... Can this be done?

This is my plan?

I want to run for five months, 20 shows + 2 events. 1 Event after 10, and another after 20 - listing 20 as my SEASON FINALE (in the events page).

Is this possible?

Would this be done in a TOURING section? Can this be done?

I plan on giving myself a television deal (NETFLIX) to run these shows - but I don't want to have to cancel shows and have my fan interest drop.

Do you all see any better way around this? I'm sure I could book weekly shows on PPV (can't I)? and then cancel and stop running shows in the events/schedule window. However, I'd like to do this with a TV deal. I've set up NETFLIX as the PROPERTY OF... Will this work as I intend?

I'm almost positive it won't work like that, even with a touring company. Touring companies would turn the TV into a sort of showcase package. Weekly PPVs would be the best way, as you can just not book shows during the months you don't want to, and the PPV dealer won't kick you for it. You could also do like New Japan and run one or two non-PPV weekly events, and then the big PPV.

I'm almost positive it won't work like that, even with a touring company. Touring companies would turn the TV into a sort of showcase package. Weekly PPVs would be the best way, as you can just not book shows during the months you don't want to, and the PPV dealer won't kick you for it. You could also do like New Japan and run one or two non-PPV weekly events, and then the big PPV.

Hmm, that might work. I guess, wishful thinking.

So in theory, I could run 20 episode seasons ... booking the shows JAN WK1 MON, JAN WK1 TUE, JAN WK1 WED etc for 20 straight days and then the 21st being the PPV/finale.

Kind of like releasing it all at once. I could then simulate a five months...

My big question would be, if I did it like this... would my popularity as a company drop or would I get killed (and not popularity gains) for running shows so close consecutively.

Yes, you could. However, 21 shows in a month would cost you a lot in worker fees if your workers are PPA, and also, your wrestlers would be greatly fatigued. In theory, though, you could. As far as I know, you would not drop popularity, though someone else might be able to enlighten you further. You should probably ask in the Small Questions thread.

Also, for the record, you would still make sponsor money in those off months, but you would also have to pay your workers their downsides in those months, also.

Yes, you could. However, 21 shows in a month would cost you a lot in worker fees if your workers are PPA, and also, your wrestlers would be greatly fatigued. In theory, though, you could. As far as I know, you would not drop popularity, though someone else might be able to enlighten you further. You should probably ask in the Small Questions thread.

Also, for the record, you would still make sponsor money in those off months, but you would also have to pay your workers their downsides in those months, also.

Very cool info dude.

This was something that I wasn't sure about, but though it was a cool idea. In theory, I'd potentially like to book it like NXT where people would wrestle once every few shows (rarely back to backs).

If you don't run shows you loose popularity, much the same as if you don't run a region for a bit you start dropping pop their because they haven't seen you.

You could try running a touring promotion, and then select which months you want to book your shows, and have a tv deal with netflix, to keep up your pop on the off months. I believe the showcase shows run even in your off months, but I've never run a touring promotion so someone else would need to verify that.

Archived