[HYPE] Fictional Promotions mod

This will be ten new promotions with a balanced mini-roster. No release time yet. This is not going to be a whole world, it will be a plug-and-play mod that -should- fits nicely into any game world. These are fictional promotions, each with their own story and wrestlers. Some of them are based on real life promotions, video games, or draw from other sources of inspiration. The issue for me will be graphics. I have no good belts, wrestlers, etc. What I really prefer is a non-video guide/tutorial somewhere to help me make belts/cuts/logos, etc. For personal reasons, I must have non-video instruction. I cannot interrupt my living quarters with the noise from a video. Real world and all that.

I have some of the wrestlers and a few logos. I am in no hurry.

Promotions:

1. Metro City Wrestling (Logo in the spirit of IPW: UK, sort of.)

Metro City and the surrounding suburbs are still in bad shape. The new mayor funded this small wrestling promotion to help repair the economy, create jobs, and finance various projects through ticket sales. Can this small company rise and help build a better future for Metro City?

2. Legacy Wrestling Promotions (Logo old style. Crockett, etc.)

Refusing to give up on the old path, this true to tradition promotion seeks to rebuild the territory system under new rules, and return to a family-friendly old school rasslin' feel. The belief is that a new territory system can build regional stars, and address localized situations and economies up close. Can they successfully drive the indie wrestling scene into popularity?

3. Funtime Play Wrestling (Puffy letters, spirit of Nick Jr. or Disney.)

Kidz Jr. Network has decided to enter the fray. Funtime Play Wrestling behaves as a cartoon geared toward 6-11 year olds. With a playful, fun wrestling style, and a focus on morality, fairness, and social bonding, this promotion is becoming a favorite of sensitive mothers across the nation. Follow the rules, mean people are no fun, cooperation with others, friendship and basic right versus wrong are the recurring themes of the characters and feuds. Subtlety is used to entertain the adults by launching some jokes above the heads of their intended audience.

4. Zone of Wrestling Adventures (Power Rangers type.)

Kidz Plus Network added a different type of wrestling show to their lineup that functions like an episode of Super Rangers. The show portays average kids and teenagers who have superhero and villain alternate identities in the battle for good and evil. Most of the shows are filmed using indoor and outdoor studios, focusing on a high school gym and surrounding locations. Live shows build big sets in the arena in addition to ring, which makes the live shows look less like a Wrestling show and more like American Gladiators with a storyline about why the characters are really "fighting". The show mixes live theater, professional wrestling and traditional "good vs. evil" soap opera for kids.

5. Chaotic Arena Warfare! (violent, bloody, barbed wire style.)

With the understanding that hardcore must be toned down to be viable for networks, the question was "how much do we have to tone it down?" The CEO pleaded with horror movies and violence in PG-13 flicks.

The main gimmick of the promotion is that the Chaos Arena has a "Fighting Pit" instead of a ring. "The Pit" has a round stage in the center. There are four "Posts" to climb, each with a separate weapon. Two posts always have chairs. The other two have a weapon of the wrestler's choice. The arena also ladders, tables, fire extinguishers and stray vehicles bought from a demolition derby. The competitors score points by performing different impact moves, weapon hits, or stiff shots and the bout is over when the point total has been reached between the combined points of both wrestlers.

6. Hard Times Wrestling (Gritty steel mill, warehouse, industrial poverty.)

This is a gritty, dirty wrestling company with questionable ethics. The owner, Mean Mitt Bain started the company, in his own words, "...to force welfare recipients to earn their wage by entertaining the people they are taking money from". Every March, June, September and December, Mitt Bain holds a quarterly PPV with a $50k Battle Royal. These poverty row wrestlers are fighting to feed their families, escape poverty and build a positive future. As such, the company uses Mitt Bain as the top heel. The babyfaces are competing to pay their child's medical bills - while the heels are usually portrayed as Mitt's rich friends who are only fighting to prevent you from getting the money". Overall, the show has been a great success.

7. Galaxy Wrestling Universe (Star Trek TNG type, cosmic)

This show presents itself as though the events are occuring in a distant universe. The episodes start during Stardate 12.2201.120 and progress onward with the final three numbers being the days of a year counting to 365, before the 2201 becomes 2202. The show features a star trek atmosphere, as the galactic space arena gathers the greatest competitors in the universe. Celebrity appearances include JFK, Elvis, Jimi Hendrix and Tupac.

8. Real Fights Wrestling (no nonsense, kinda plain. "Real" bolded.)

This promotion seeks to find legit tough guys and have them fight for real. This promotion presents itself as an amateur organization, and holds strict WADA testing. Occasionally, a professional fighter will be brought in to face a few top guys. The world of sports considers RFW to be a C-Level league that hinges ticket sales on known names.

9. Capcom Entertainment has financed two brands:

A. Capcom Wrestling Alliance

Run by Mike Haggar, this brand promotes a mainstream style with a rough edge. Each wrestler is presented as having entered the company by winning a local tournament in their own country, then being flown in to Metro City to fight in the big leagues. Haggar enjoys smaller, untelevised events.

B. Blood Wrestling Alliance

This brand used to be a separate company called Mad Gear Wrestling, it was shut down when it erupted in scandal. Due to owning a lot of valuable assets, Capcom Entertainment purchased the company, launching it as a second brand. The brand is run by Belger, the former owner.

Guest Asaemon
The issue for me will be graphics. I have no good belts, wrestlers, etc. What I really prefer is a non-video guide/tutorial somewhere to help me make belts/cuts/logos, etc. For personal reasons, I must have non-video instruction. I cannot interrupt my living quarters with the noise from a video. Real world and all that.

I have some of the wrestlers and a few logos. I am in no hurry.

For the worker pictures you could use Hero Machine. Iceisle and Fleisch have used it for mods.

<p>Very interesting, it will suit my needs. I normally just port images into GIMP, kill the background and resize over kyky_back. My main concern is that I am more of a writer than an artist and I don't know how to make attractive belts and stuff. </p><p> </p><p>

As my first promotion is the CWA/BWA, I simply cut in a bunch of graphics from Slam Masters, Final Fight (series), and a few wrestlers from other old SNES games. The rest will likely be made with the HeroMachine. I never knew about it before.</p><p> </p><p>

Thank you for the tip!</p>

Archived