Popularity Question

After having played TEW 2005 up until buying this game a few months ago, I wanted to know why it seems like my numerical popularity value seems to be going down, even though it says that my popularity is increasing in 40 regions after every show.

I use the letter grades so sometimes i get curious about the exact number the game has my popularity at so i'll go into the editor just to see that it's somewhere around 34.6 in most regions for example.

Using a regional promotion, I'll continue to put on D+ to C shows, and it will tell me i'm gaining popularity everywhere, yet after a while, when i go back to get the number in the editor it's decreased to something like 32.1.

After your shows sometimes it says that your popularity increased in 'x' amount of regions and decreased in 'x' amount. Are you seeing any of those messages after your show?

Also fyi, If you go into option and then your user preferences you can just choose the option to show stats as numbers in the whole game instead of letter grades. It will show you the letter grade under the number depending on what theme you have.

I use the letter grades so sometimes i get curious about the exact number the game has my popularity at so i'll go into the editor just to see that it's somewhere around 34.6 in most regions for example.

Using a regional promotion, I'll continue to put on D+ to C shows, and it will tell me i'm gaining popularity everywhere, yet after a while, when i go back to get the number in the editor it's decreased to something like 32.1.

Popularity will decrease if you do not visit that region for some time. Mostly true if you do not have a tv deal. The other stuff users are mentioning is probably playing into that as well.

Archived