Jobbers, and tiers.

How do you pick your job crew?

I've been looking at the TGAAB diaries and I've got a decent idea how they have basically two tiers of workers, one for the main show, and then the secondary show where people learn and get over.

I just can never seem to find exactly the right balance.

I'm playing JCP in the 85 mod.

I typically use what could be considered a "tiered" structure as well.

My "main show jobbers" aren't really jobbers at all. They are reasonably talented workers who simply aren't going to get a push. They might be openers, they might be upper midcarders. If they are lower midcard or above, I will give them wins to keep them strong and avoid issues with Recent Fortunes. They might get storylines, they may not. But their primary role is to help transfer skill to other workers. Using a Tverse example, Shay Kinsella would get this role if I sign him to PWI or the AWF.

The other "level" is more of a pure jobber guy. Age isn't really relevant, but they lack the popularity to be anything more than an opener. So they lose. Because they lack popularity, they don't tend to grab great match grades. Hence, they stick to dark matches and B shows. Cverse examples would be Bob Casey and Air Attack Weasel.

Who I'm going to look for depends entirely on the situation. A worker like Kinsella is ideal - great performance attributes, good top row. In a performance-based promotion, I'm going to value those top row skills more than if I'm a popularity based one. But workers like Kinsella aren't that common in most mods. So I compromise. Veteran workers like Jaysin mentioned are a great option. They may not be a great workers anymore, but often have strong Psychology, Basics, and Consistency. And you can often sign them to contracts where they will be content being jobbed if they accept the role. I always like at least one worker with great selling - sometimes looking abroad can help, as many luchadores have great Selling.

Top tier job squad I try to find workers with good performance skills. Selling is a must have. For low tier (to help my prospects get over) its going to be the same except I'm looking for more psychology at this point. I try to have at least 2 or 3 of each and they're generally vets that are on decline.

I just pick up rookies who don't look very good. If they show up on the hot prospect list then I give them a chance otherwise they are sent to the jobber pool.

I also give them a name beginning with z so that they are easy to find at the bottom of the list.

I have a simular system but dont even give them a unique name...face jobber 1, face jobber 2,

If they grow into a good prospect then I will cut them for the 6 month period then give them a good gimmick and get behind them some.

I have my main talent in my WWE game. They are "signed" to either RAW or Smackdown. Then I have unknowns and developmental call ups that are unsigned. This is similar to a young lion system in Japan. They lack the overness to warrant a push so I try to job them up the card. Once they gain some traction, they may start going over smaller, weaker opponents. Once I can push them as a lower midcarder they are "signed" by one of the brands and go from there. Then I call up new talent to replace him. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks, fellas.

Additional question:

How do you get a hot prospect who auto-books to Enhancement Talent over? I saw someone say "job them up the card" and I'm not sure what's the score with that.

For instance, I've got Mean Mark Callous, of course he's got a great look and all the potential in the world. He autobooks to ET, but I manually put him at LMC and gave him monster wins (dominating) over all my openers, ET guys, and LMC guys (gradually moving up). I got shit graded matches no matter who it was against and how good they were, and while he's improved a bit he's not getting over.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, any more jobber/tier strategies from anybody would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to structure this run well so I can go for the long haul. So, let me know, please and thanks!

-Ju.

Thanks, fellas.

Additional question:

How do you get a hot prospect who auto-books to Enhancement Talent over? I saw someone say "job them up the card" and I'm not sure what's the score with that.

For instance, I've got Mean Mark Callous, of course he's got a great look and all the potential in the world. He autobooks to ET, but I manually put him at LMC and gave him monster wins (dominating) over all my openers, ET guys, and LMC guys (gradually moving up). I got shit graded matches no matter who it was against and how good they were, and while he's improved a bit he's not getting over.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, any more jobber/tier strategies from anybody would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to structure this run well so I can go for the long haul. So, let me know, please and thanks!

-Ju.

To "job him up the card" you pit him against more over talent. He'll lose, but if it was an open match rated well (and should be below 6 minutes) then he'll slowly gain popularity. Keep doing that until he starts reaching the D territory (if your a national company). Then he can go over other people and not bomb most segments.

You can also make him the manager/bodyguard/tag team partner of a main eventer. As a manager he can be involved in the finishes of matches and be included in angles as 'Not Rated.' As a tag team partner, he can get a rub from his partner. Most other workers won't complain either as long as the more popular guy gets the pin.

Thanks, fellas.

Additional question:

What am I doing wrong?

-Ju.

A menace rated angle on every show would be a good idea. Make sure he can go in the ring before you push him to high though, you don't want to make Taker into Reigns...

Those low level wins can only get you so far. Image if Goldberg never moved past whupping up on the cruiserweights. Or Brock Lesnar just getting wins over Billy Gunn and Hardcore Holly. How long would fans keep being impressed for? Dominant or not, its against guys who don't win very often anyway. In game-play terms, those guys don't have all that much popularity or momentum for the worker you are trying to build up to steal with the win.

Jobbing someone up the card works to an extent. Not as much as it used to, where you could literally move someone from F overness to main event star in about a year with nothing but losses. Once they start to hit the Lower Midcard level, the Recent Fortunes element kicks in and loss after loss will mean they stop gaining any popularity or momentum.

AfroMan and Bad Collin have some great advice. Basically, find ways to make the fans care. Aligning him with someone more popular helps - whether he becomes a stable member, or gets a popular manager. Once he's a bit further up, have him feud with top guys. Even if he loses, he will gain a lot by the segments and matches. Look at the way its worked for bigger promotions over the years. Endless examples to use.

I have couple of different groups, I have pure jobbers who just lose to everyone. The Fantastics and the southern boys are here to just job to all the other teams.

I have the guys who were once high card workers who are just starting to start their downward turn. They will lose to the featured guys,guys being pushed on A shows but they will pick up wins on B shows and maybe the occasional A show. They may get feuds to help put young guys over, they may not. in the 1987 mod I hired Bockwinkle to tag with HBK, help him develop then HBK tuns on his mentor and have a feud before HBK retires Bockwinkle.

Hire older workers who could be anywhere on the card who's job is to help get my younger guys over/ develop their skills... no amount of compalining will help. 1999 Honky Tonk man will be jobbing to Danielson, Punk, Cena .

Archived