A couple of questions

So I was playing a draft save for quite a while with my drafted Australian promotion. Was 2 years into the save, and spilled a full cup of tea on my laptop. I was able to quickly replace the laptop but was a few months before I could get a hard drive case to transfer my save files over, needless to say I've been finding it real hard to get back into the game. So what do you do when you find yourself losing interest in a game? Normally I just start a new one but I feel like I'm so close to breaking into national levels in the land down under and have already started spreading the wealth into the next region.

Before the spill I was building a hot feud between Swoop McCarthy and Tommy Cornell, the promos were fantastic the matches were great their popularity was skyrocketing the company. Then I got an incident report telling me Swoop was off to do a movie and would be out for 6 months. The blow hurt until I saw his popularity, 99 across Australia. Two months into his leave of absence his pop has dropped to 92. Is this normal or it because I've been used him in a couple of off camera promos to keep the heat in his story line?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Theres a thread for this stuff... You should know that considering your post count</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dude was simply asking for answers to a question, answers breed discussion. No need to be as sharp with him. Small Questions thread isn't for everyone, it's easy to get lost in there.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zero" data-cite="Zero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To avoid losing interest, create a problem for yourself. I will release my top worker out of the blue. It forces myself to create new stars.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Huh, I've never given that go. Might try it deep into this 95 Michinoku Pro save I'm doing.</p><p> </p><p> What I tend to do is move in a different direction, slight different to Zero's suggestion. If I'm going hard on pushing Worker X, I might begin to turn my focus to one or two members of the undercard and make them my next project. Start a war with a rival promotion so the feeling of "I may lose workers at any given moment in time". Alternatively leave and set up a rival promotion and try to fight the AI handling your promotion.</p>

<p>Zero's advice is solid. A problem to work thru provides an incentive, and the satisfaction once you resolve it. </p><p> </p><p>

I usually take the approach of looking for projects. These often take the form of a particular story I want to tell. Not a short-form story arc but something large scale. The kind of story that could take years. The Bumfhole's feuding and eventually coming back together. Jack Bruce mentoring Valiant, who falls under the influence of John Greed, turns on his mentor, becomes a world champion, but eventually finds redemption and the fan's love. The slow destruction of Tommy Cornell as he drives away everyone around him and has to find his own path back to glory. the projects can also be people. Turn Joe Sexy into the greatest manager the Cverse has ever seen. Or bring in Nigel Svensson and turn him into a Bryan Daniels-like worker. Endless options. It can go as far as a Heidenreich challenge, but pick something doable that just takes time and dedication. Wanting to see those thru can help motivate to stay with a save.</p><p> </p><p>

Edit - can't really answer the second enquiry. I've only run into that once and they came back at the maxed out popularity. Which was super. But they were already really over when it happened so it kinda annoyed me that way.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'll find a blue chip prospect and make him world champ in a year. Non-gamey, just an excellent push with good talent.<p> </p><p> Harder to do than you might think.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Without killing half your roster, it's pretty difficult lol. </p><p> </p><p> That's one that I do though. Always push one relative unknown to the main event scene. Gives a challenge and also keeps your main event scene fresh so the stories at the top don't get old.</p>

The rapid push up the card varies in difficulty. Depends on the worker, the talent you have around them, and the type of product. Its easier with a popularity based product because popularity is easier to generate. And its obviously harder if the prospect is somewhat green. If they are KC Glenn or someone similar, the slide upwards is easier.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="40755" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Without killing half your roster, it's pretty difficult lol. <p> </p><p> That's one that I do though. Always push one relative unknown to the main event scene. Gives a challenge and also keeps your main event scene fresh so the stories at the top don't get old.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly. It's not artificially difficult, it's just really tough to do properly... s'why I like doing it. TEW isn't all that challenging in and of itself, it's what we do in our games that sets the actual difficulty.</p>

Archived