Buddy Landell "Nature Boy Personified"

Currently I'm wrestling for two promotions: In Houston Championship Wrestling I'm making $160/appearance as an Upper Midcard Heel. In Mid-South I'm making $1,400/appearance as an Upper Midcard Heel. Current Houston Championship Wrestling Roster: Al Madril Black Gordman Boris Zhukov Bruce Pritchard Buddy Landell Butch Reed Chavo Guerrero Sr. George Weingeroff Jerry Grey Jesse Barr Jim Duggan Joe Savoldi Johnny Rich Jose Lothario Junkyard Dog Kim Duk Magnum T.A. Mil Mascaras Paul Boesch Randy Anderson Rip Rogers Shawn Michaels Skandor Akbar Sonny Myers Ted Dibiase The Missing Link Tiger Conway Jr Wahoo McDaniel Mid South Roster: Big Bubba Rogers Bill Dundee Bill Watts Bobby Eaton Boyd Pierce Buddy Landell Butch Reed Chavo Guerrero Sr Dennis Condrey Ernie Ladd Friday Grizzly Smith Hector Guerrero Jerry Usher Jesse Barr Jim Cornette Jim Duggan Jim Ross Joe Savoldi Joel Watts Junkyard Dog Kamala Krusher Khruschev Lanny Poffo Lord Humongous Magnum T.A. Masao Ito Mr. Wrestling II Nikolai Volkoff Rick Steiner Ricky Morton Robert Gibson Rock Ron Simmons Sam Houston Scott Steiner Skandor Akbar Steve Williams Sting Terry Taylor Mid South Champions North American Heavyweight - Junkyard Dog Mid South TV - Krusher Khruschev Mid South Tag Team - Magnum T.A. & Mr. Wrestling II

My diary will be a Quick N Dirty version. I really don't have as much time as I would like to dedicate the quality of writing to it that some of you other guys do. I'll just have fun with it and do the best I can. Hope someone might enjoy it. Wednesday, Week 1 1984 Mid South I'm scheduled for my first match against Jesse Barr. Really don't know what to expect so I'll jump right in and hope to impress. Barr and I went back and forth throughout the match. He had me on the ropes a couple of times and it looked like the Nature Boy was in serious trouble. But I kept working his legs over and finally after three figure fours Barr finally submitted in 21 minutes. The match got a C rating. Thursday - AWA - Larry Henning wins the TV Title from Stan Lane. SECW - Plowboy Frazier wins the Alabama Title from Rip Rogers

Friday Week 1 1984 - "All Shook Up" All Shook Up as in rosters for the various promotions. Some notable moves on this day that may live in infamy include: WWF informing Jimmy Snuka he will be released Ted Dibiase informed GCW he was leaving for the greener pastures of the WWF AWA signs the legend Gordon Solie to their announce team GCW, reeling after hearing that Dibiase was leaving for the WWF sign The Great Kabuki and Black Bart hoping the fans won't rebel too much WCCW signs the electric Dynamite Kid to a contract Houston Championship Wrestling Friday I come out for an interview and am interrupted by Jim Duggan. This 4 minute interview goes back and forth and has no clear winner when it's all said and done. Main Event Al Madril and Buddy Landell VS Jim Duggan and Magnum T.A. - 45 Minute Time Limit [B]MATCH REFLECTION[/B] - Done by Landell after each match LANDELL: 33 minutes for that (sucking air). TA, Duggan - you didn't beat me. You beat that piece of trash laying in the ring. Madril, pull your weight son. You get busted open not 20 minutes into the match. I think a wet newspaper could bust you open you sorry piece of crap. Why am I even here in this Houston dump? No titles for the Nature Boy to go after. A piece of crap paycheck. Fighting losers like Jim Duggan and Magnum TA in front of 100 Mexicans. (Landell storms through the curtain) The match ended when Hacksaw hit a powerslam on Madril and followed it up with the Atlas Bear Hug and Madril submitted to the pain in 33 minutes. Match got a C rating

Saturday Week 1 February 1984 Well, I'm double booked. Let's see, the huge paycheck of Mid South or the crappy paycheck in Houston? Hmmmmm The Superdome Blowout - Buddy Landell VS Jesse Barr In the locker room before the show Landell gets into a huge brawl with Ernie Ladd. Obviously, Landell must have been out of his mind because Ladd handles him rather easily. [B]Match Reflection - Landell VS Jesse Barr[/B] Landell - (Barr, son, quit asking for matches with the Nature Boy. I'll give you a little bit of credit - you kept fighting back. But when we knocked the ref out and I took you outside and beat your legs with the steel chair about 4 times you couldn't walk could you? Three figure fours later and you finally give up. I don't know if you've got alot of heart or are just too stupid to quit. Pray to God the bookers don't decide to throw you in a match with me again. The next time I'll not only beat you son, I'll cripple you! Count on it.) The match went 38 minutes, ended with a figure four, and got a C+ rating. The Superdome Blowout Card: [B]Krusher Khruschev and Big Bubba[/B]VS Joe Savoldi and Ricky Morton Hector Guerrero Interview Lanny Poffo Interview [B]Buddy Landell[/B] VS Jesse Barr [B]Lord Humongous[/B] VS Rick Steiner [B]Ron Simmons[/B] VS Lanny Poffo Dennis Condrey and Hector Guerrero VS [B]Steve Williams and Terry Taylor[/B] Bobby Eaton VS [B]Mr. Wrestling II[/B] Kamala VS [B]Magnum T.A. [/B] I get news after the card that the fight was my fault and has hurt my reputation. Oh well.

Wednesday, Week 2 - February 1984 The Mid-South Swamp Run I come out for a 5 minute interview and am interrupted by Chavo Guerrero Sr. I control all of the interview until the last minute and Chavo turns it around and wins the interview battle. Buddy Landell VS Steve Williams [B]Match Reflection - [/B] (Holding the back of his head, looks up at the crowd) "Shut up, shut your dang mouths. Dr. Death is laying in the ring holding his leg because I nearly snapped it off. (Looks at woman sitting ringside, holding her little girl close to her side as the girl sobs) Hey, hey lady. Tell your little girl that everything will be ok. The Nature Boy is fine as a peach. Look, fit as a fiddle. (Lady yells at Landell and tells him to get out of there) Oh, oh, she's crying over that fat piece of trash in the ring? Honey (looking at the little girl) take a good look. You can either go with a real winner like myself or always cry over pieces of crap like that mess that's laying in the ring, your choice." Match lasted 22 minutes and received a C+ Rating, ending with Landell making Williams submit to a figure four leglock. FULL RESULTS: Lanny Poffo defeated Lord Humongous Scott Steiner, Ron Simmons, and Big Bubba defeated Joe Savoldi, Sam Houston, and Rick Steiner Chavo Guerrero Sr. defeated Scott Irwin Hector Guerrero defeated Sting Buddy Landell defeated Steve Williams Ernie Ladd defeated Ricky Morton Kamala defeated Jim Duggan Friday News Jesse Ventura has been informed that the WWF is releasing him in roster trimming efforts. John Tatum has been fired by the WCCW. Wayne Farris fired by the SECW. MACW hired Gordon Solie GCW hired Larry Zbyszko and JJ Dillon MSW hired The Great Kabuki WCCW hired Bob Armstrong, Bobby Duncam Sr, Chavo Guerrero Sr, and Norvell Austin

Archived