Buying out failing companies...

So I'm officially in to my TNA franchise now 5 years. I've had a ton of success, but other companies have not. Namely, AAA and CMLL. AAA is massively in debt close to 4 million dollars, while CMLL is close a million in debt.

Now I already have a developmental promotion I created myself, but I don't really like the idea of losing both AAA & CMLL in my world. Is it a mistake to dump money into a failing promotion? Am I just prolonging the inevitable and risking overstretching my means buying out one the two of them, or both? Right now, TNA pulls in about 2 million a month in profit. We're the number one company in my game world, the only international company. Rounding out my top 5 currently are WWE (National), AAA (Cult), CMLL (National) and ROH (National).

It depends if you can afford $5m+ to buy them out as that will be the minimum to purchase both. I'd say CMLL is a worthwhile buy out of the 2 if you can get them for the debt price. Pumping $4m into AAA just to clear their debts, not a move I'd make - even with the numbers you're pulling in.

Obviously the end choice is yours but out of the options that you're exploring, the CMLL for $1m would be a pretty decent one.

It depends if you can afford $5m+ to buy them out as that will be the minimum to purchase both. I'd say CMLL is a worthwhile buy out of the 2 if you can get them for the debt price. Pumping $4m into AAA just to clear their debts, not a move I'd make - even with the numbers you're pulling in.

Obviously the end choice is yours but out of the options that you're exploring, the CMLL for $1m would be a pretty decent one.

Yeah, that's how I'm leaning. CMLL's roster is a little thinner but more manageable. AAA is way too heavy with agents and commentators. They have Sting, The Rock and Chris Jericho, all as commentators. They don't run shows or broadacst in the USA so that may be part of the reason AAA is going belly up. CMLL's only real big contract is Hiroshi Tanahashi who's only there as a commentator as well. CMLL does has a deal with Japanese TV though so it makes some sense.

I hate the idea of losing a company as historic as AAA, but I don't see myself being able to swing both. If I can at least save CMLL that'd be good. It also helps that TNA's weakest international area is Mexico.

Set the owner roster size to very small. So they will always get good shows. Popularity boost may hurt them. Actually cult seems to be the best level in the game. You don't have to have the best shows but you got written contracts too. National you get into the restrictions like email saying you need bigger talent. Even though they always put on the same ratings as my current roster. I'm sorry I'm not paying 50k for taker for 70s matches. Just because the game wants me too. I feel the emails are a way to try to get the player to do predator hiring too. I learned the roster size trick with wwe. The mod had wwe owner set as massive. WWE was on a downspin. I logged into the game as owner on another player (best feature in tew 2013) I fired the openers to midcarders. WWE had a small bar only. I set the owner to rsoter size very small. The next monday night raw. When from 70s to 98 overall with a 100 main event. Which is like everybody always says the AI is terrible. If you setup each companyperfectly. You help the AI out. Honestly as far as money goes I would enter the money cheat so everbody gets a boost. Evenplayingfield.

If they have a tv show I always buy out the company. It is really hard to get a camp to have a tv show. So you may want to think about it

I would love to check out the save file to the 5 year tna game! Would you mind sharing?

I can. I'll figure out somewhere to upload it to and post the link. The company is radically different then 5 years ago. The only change I made to the rules was "No Owner Goals" because I was constantly getting awful goals like "Make 'Insert Poor Decision' a main eventer in 6 months". I've done pretty good selecting good talent and putting 'em over. The only real failure I've had recently was Garrett Bischoff, and that was just me getting greedy. LOL.

I'm currently kind of in the same situation. I bought up 21CW in UK just before they would have gone out of business. They are regional and have a TV show as well as PPV in UK, my fed is based in the U.S. - the problem is, they keep running into debt, I guess I just slowed down their bankruptcy for a couple of months :/

Archived