I'm a long term player of the TEW series and decided to give WMMA a go. I played 3 towards the end and enjoyed the game so purchased WMMA 4. However I am not that experienced a fan of MMA so would like some help/advice with a couple of things.

1. What fighting styles are strong against which fighting styles?

2. I read a lot of the diaries to see if there is anything that I can pick up and the people that write them seem to be able to look at the attributes and determine who is more likely to win. I look at the attributes and they all tend to look similar to me so how much difference in attributes would give a fighter a considerable advantage? For example if a fighter a has takedown stat that is 5 points higher than the other fighters takedown defence is that a big, small or medium advantage? How many points difference would make a big advantage?

3. What attributes are important to look for when it comes to deciding who has an advantage in each area? I'm going with striking, takedowns and submissions as the three areas that the attributes cover (please let me know if there are any that I missed) and so which attributes cover the offensive and defensive elements of these areas? I know that there are some obvious ones (e.g. takedowns v takedown defence) but are there any other attributes that need to be considered in these areas?

4. When building up a new fighter what do people find the best way to do this is? Is the long and steady approach better and have them fight lower rated fighters to build up momentum and a big winning record (hopefully!!) or is it better to get them fighting the better fighters quicker/title shot quicker even though they are more likely to lose these fights in their early career?

5. When should I cut under performing fighters? Should it be after they have lost a certain number of fights in a row? Should it be when they have -2/-3 momentum? Or should it be based on both, so release a fighter that has -2 momentum and lost 3 fights in a row but not a fighter that has lost 3 fights in a row but that has 0/-1 momentum?

6. What rating should an attribute be above to be considered world class/good/average etc?

I'm really enjoying the game and any help that can increase my knowledge and understanding of MMA and therefore this game would be greatly appreciated

Telling you this now I am not the most experienced player but I do have a lot of hours

1 in this game pure boxers and strikers aren't going to do well because they end up getting taken down

2 if your trying to figure who is most likely to win betting odds are your best shot. There always their when your booking a match at the bottom

3 not sure I mean if someone has 90s on the ground and your opponent has low takedown defense and low submission stats there gonna almost always lose no matter the other stats

4 well technically feeding them to low skilled people will give you finishes which build up momentum but there are other ways to play the game but that one is the fastest.

5 I won't keep fighters who have lost three in a row unless it was some of the best in my ranking but if you want to keep them around to build up your other fighters there's no harm in it.

6 not sure

Hope this helps if you have more questions check out the minor question thread

I'm a long term player of the TEW series and decided to give WMMA a go. I played 3 towards the end and enjoyed the game so purchased WMMA 4. However I am not that experienced a fan of MMA so would like some help/advice with a couple of things.

1. What fighting styles are strong against which fighting styles?

2. I read a lot of the diaries to see if there is anything that I can pick up and the people that write them seem to be able to look at the attributes and determine who is more likely to win. I look at the attributes and they all tend to look similar to me so how much difference in attributes would give a fighter a considerable advantage? For example if a fighter a has takedown stat that is 5 points higher than the other fighters takedown defence is that a big, small or medium advantage? How many points difference would make a big advantage?

3. What attributes are important to look for when it comes to deciding who has an advantage in each area? I'm going with striking, takedowns and submissions as the three areas that the attributes cover (please let me know if there are any that I missed) and so which attributes cover the offensive and defensive elements of these areas? I know that there are some obvious ones (e.g. takedowns v takedown defence) but are there any other attributes that need to be considered in these areas?

4. When building up a new fighter what do people find the best way to do this is? Is the long and steady approach better and have them fight lower rated fighters to build up momentum and a big winning record (hopefully!!) or is it better to get them fighting the better fighters quicker/title shot quicker even though they are more likely to lose these fights in their early career?

5. When should I cut under performing fighters? Should it be after they have lost a certain number of fights in a row? Should it be when they have -2/-3 momentum? Or should it be based on both, so release a fighter that has -2 momentum and lost 3 fights in a row but not a fighter that has lost 3 fights in a row but that has 0/-1 momentum?

6. What rating should an attribute be above to be considered world class/good/average etc?

I'm really enjoying the game and any help that can increase my knowledge and understanding of MMA and therefore this game would be greatly appreciated

All of these questions become more clear the longer you play the game.

If you want to learn about fighters, check their skills tab. Red skills are weak, yellow are average to strong and green are strong to very strong. Strikers with good take down defense skills, I find can still do a pretty decent job against skilled ground fighters, although strong bjj fighters seem to always win. I just try to look for fighters that are well rounded. Check the betting lines when putting together a fight, they are a pretty good measuring stick to tell who is the stronger of the two.

Cut fighters when they have lower name value than your organization and they keep losing. If they offer nothing to your org, then why keep them. I only keep fighters who are worthless if they give me good fights and I can feed them to someone.

Thanks for the help and advice, it's definitely helping me learn the game a little quicker.

I get that high submission skill against low submission defence will result in a win but is a green against yellow a strong match up or does it have to be red against green?

Archived