[Hype] Developing my mod, stage 2.

I changed my goal from 9 promotions to 2 (one which exists for 4 years, then is gobbled up by the other one). I am a big fan of that old game Saturday Night Slam Masters, so I am working on cutting wrestlers and stating them, and developing a 1976-2016 lineage. I am going to feature the ability to start anywhere between those years, and spice it up with plenty of narrative events that impact the BWA, CPWA, the specific wrestlers I choose from Slam Masters, and the guest appearances I am including from Final Fight, and the post-game future.

One advantage of doing it this way, is that it should be balanced for inclusion in any world. I have already begun tweaking and making new gimmicks, angles, match types, and I also write up the character bios. I currently have a goal of 180 Wrestlers to cover this span.

Once I get this all done, I can consider adding in an additional 3-4 different promotions which will leave a nice "mini-pack" to compliment any world. My current struggle will be with art. I have found quite a few good models I can use for all my characters and begun working with them in GIMP. My problem at the moment is just the logistics of finding a good torso+head that will allow the top-piece of a belt to be popped on for a _Champion alt for several various people who I intent to push to the moon. I believe that once I develop a rhythm that it will go quicker. Ideally, I would like to become proficient with DAZ enough to create some models. I am not aiming for perfection, just kind a shoulders + top of chest on up, as I want to leave enough room for belts or other things. I really like a lot of the thunderverse alts and renders, and a lot of the c-verse rerender projects. Looking at all of those, I believe I can become proficient. I already kinda know GIMP and I would love to become better at it.

I would also love to become better at digital art, and this helps me in that goal - a lot of birds with a few stones here.

My real goal, is to have this ready - so that when 2016 comes out, I can have a dual-release. For this reason, I am leaving a lot of things "open" to change as needed. What matters at this point is the story canon of 1976-2016, and getting the art ready. I already have names, move-sets and everything else mentally prepared and a good share of the non-art in the works.

Thanks to everyone for the advice you have shared so far.

Archived