RIP Axl Rotten

justtxyank

Wasn't much of an ECW fan but even before they were there but he and Ian also had a pretty darn good feud in Global with the Texas Mustangs. A tag team most memorable for giving us the "wrestling god" that is JBL. Maybe Axl can renew that rivalry with Duncum Jr now in the great beyond. All I know is I hope I can catch some Bad Breed matches on the Global reruns shown on ESPN Classic. They might not have been the most talented guys in the world but they sure made that gimmick work well.

Wasn't much of an ECW fan but even before they were there but he and Ian also had a pretty darn good feud in Global with the Texas Mustangs. A tag team most memorable for giving us the "wrestling god" that is JBL. Maybe Axl can renew that rivalry with Duncum Jr now in the great beyond. All I know is I hope I can catch some Bad Breed matches on the Global reruns shown on ESPN Classic. They might not have been the most talented guys in the world but they sure made that gimmick work well.

Ian wasn't that talented but axl actually was. You wouldn't know it because he was so fat but he definitely knew how to work a match. He understood exactly how to work a crowd.

Ian wasn't that talented but axl actually was. You wouldn't know it because he was so fat but he definitely knew how to work a match. He understood exactly how to work a crowd.

I hear you, man. I wasn't suggesting either guy was useless. I can certainly see Axl was pretty good for his shape and size. I think his personality skills are a big part of why I like the Bad Breed matches in Global. But to put him against a quality talent of better conditioning, my fan mind would likely lean against him. My thought would be to liken him to a brawling version of Playboy Buddy Rose. Who incidentally my fan mind would also likely put over Axl in a prime v prime situation because Rose would have more ways of dealing with Axl than Axl would have of dealing with Rose.

RIP Axl, was truly saddened to see Hack Meyers passed away a few month ago from surgery complications as well.

Axl was on my boy y2j's podcast not long ago getting funds because he could no longer walk. True shame no matter how he went. Idk that it was confirmed yet, but if he lost to his demons it truly a shame :/

Archived