Official "Booking Committee" Thread

<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>

I'm about to reboot a WCW 92 save (ok i only got two weeks for first run but i made a couple of mistakes and wanna correct some contract lenghts to stick more to real life)</p><p> </p><p>

I want to hire Bret Hart since his WWF contract expires in January (one of the most intriguing wrestling what ifs?), but I hesitate which road to try : put him in the vast feud Sting friends vs Dangerous Alliance, or build him from scratch with minor feuds?</p><p> </p><p>

my global plan for upcard matches Starrcade is this :</p><p> </p><p>

- Vader © vs Bret Hart for World title</p><p>

- Sting vs Nikita Koloff (if still active)</p><p>

- Rude vs ? (preferably up and coming babyface star, yet to be chosen) for US</p>

• 2 weeks later...

- Rude vs ? (preferably up and coming babyface star, yet to be chosen) for US

Guy that comes to mind for me here given the time frame is Marc Mero. Or Johnny B. Badd as WCW used to call him. The bump and grind Ravishing heel vs the more Little Richard inspired face that Mero was at this time seems like you ought to get some great contrast angles going between them.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TNAfever" data-cite="TNAfever" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi,<p> </p><p> I'm about to reboot a WCW 92 save (ok i only got two weeks for first run but i made a couple of mistakes and wanna correct some contract lenghts to stick more to real life)</p><p> </p><p> I want to hire Bret Hart since his WWF contract expires in January (one of the most intriguing wrestling what ifs?), but I hesitate which road to try : put him in the vast feud Sting friends vs Dangerous Alliance, or build him from scratch with minor feuds?</p><p> </p><p> my global plan for upcard matches Starrcade is this :</p><p> </p><p> - Vader © vs Bret Hart for World title</p><p> - Sting vs Nikita Koloff (if still active)</p><p> - Rude vs ? (preferably up and coming babyface star, yet to be chosen) for US</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hed gain popularity faster being in angles with Sting getting him fully ready to take on Vader. If you go this route, I'd have Vader kayfabe injure Sting and Bret Hart ensure revenge for his friend. (A storyline I commonly use)</p>

<p>Appreciation</p><p> </p><p>

Before I dwell deeper into this thread, I have to say Thanks to EVERYONE who has contributed. Adam for making an awesome game and everyone asking and answering questions.</p><p>

Time and focus/energy is a limited commodity in real life, and I know this thread will enhance my experience. So to anyone contributing, a sincere thank you for this very unique instructions manual. You people have already helped me survive the coming winter!!!</p>

Guy that comes to mind for me here given the time frame is Marc Mero. Or Johnny B. Badd as WCW used to call him. The bump and grind Ravishing heel vs the more Little Richard inspired face that Mero was at this time seems like you ought to get some great contrast angles going between them.

Hed gain popularity faster being in angles with Sting getting him fully ready to take on Vader. If you go this route, I'd have Vader kayfabe injure Sting and Bret Hart ensure revenge for his friend. (A storyline I commonly use)

thanks for your input! i booked the whole month january of replicating more or less like in reality, and Rude gained nearly 10pts of overness everywhere, thanks for 2 rated-100 angles with his pre-catchphrase insulting the crowd :eek:

so I guess Rude will be before the end of the year dethroning Sting as world champ instead of Vader

i keep the idea of making a Rude/Badd feud, that makes sense!

now i've pretty much things wrapped up for my top guys in 92, Hart will gain the US Title in a tournament following Rude vacating it since becoming world champ

Running a NJUSA game. I set them to be a few points below ROH, save for a small bump in the South West region, and within a year I’ve grown to Cult and have workers on written contracts. Not too much, but enough that I feel confident to try booking more than 1-2 times a month.

I have a New Japan World set up for events, but would it be in my best interest to try and get deals elsewhere? Maybe use NJWorld for events and use different broadcasters for weekly shows?

<p>So I've ran into a bit of an issue in my post WM II save. Andre just won the title over Dusty Rhodes (Hogan was injured, play special guest referee. Dusty went for a chair and Hogan gave him the big boot, then quick counted after Andre gave Dusty the slam. Mania ends with undefeated Andre with the title and Hogan congratulating him. )</p><p> </p><p>

Post Mania Andre gets hit with another pain killer issue. Last time I had fined him with no result so this time I opted to send him to rehab, which was the right choice as his behavior improved, he was happy and hopefully this will prevent his time decline from falling faster. Problem is hes my champ and is in rehab for 6 months. </p><p> </p><p>

My original plan was Andre hold the title for a year and drop it to Hogan with the heel turn and the slam in Mania 3 like real life, only difference is Andre enters the match with the title.</p><p> </p><p>

So now my plan is to have the same thing happen in a year but I need to get the title on Hogan. Andre can make his heel turn. The slam can happen. Etc </p><p> </p><p>

My issue is leading up. I have Dusty Rhodes who could be granted back the title since he was last champion and was somewhat screwed by Hogan. Leading to a match at SummerSlam in which Hogan wins back the title. I kind of am leaning this way since Dusty only had a 2 month reign and this way his reign(s) look longer and make him seem more of a legit champion rather than a fluke.</p><p> </p><p>

Option #2 Is Commissioner Monsoom makes Hogan and Dusty face each other at the next big event in which Hogan wins the title and holds it until he meets Andre. Mania 3 still happens as it did irl. </p><p> </p><p>

Option #3 is Commissioner Monsoon makes a tournament in which Dusty Rhodes wins back the championship. Hogan can either be DQed out in the tournament or told hes not allowed to enter bc of his role during Andre vs Dusty. </p><p> </p><p>

Option #4 is the same except Roddy Piper or Randy Savage win the tournament. They would probably meet in the semis and Dusty and Hogan would meet in the semis. Dusty and Hogan would go on first and end in a double DQ or double count out. This would extend the Hogan/Dusty feud out to SummerSlam without the title being involved. Savage vs Piper would become the finals. The two have been feuding after Piper turned on Savage after losing the tag team championships. Piper beat Savage at WM II in my highest ranked match ever so I know Savage/Piper = $$$. What I was leaning towards was Savage winning the strap and evening the score to 1 win to 1. They would feud over the strap until SummerSlam which would end in an iron man match or best 2 out of 3 falls. Then Andre or Hogan would win the title back around Survivor Series or Royal Rumble with the other wrestler winning the Rumble, face off at Mania as in real life.</p><p> </p><p>

The more I write It out and think about it, the more I like option 4. It seems less predictable, but it also seems rushed/chaotic at the end of the year. Option 3 I like bc of Dusty's extended reign he deserves and Hogan gets his retribution at SummerSlam, also, the tournament makes more sense from a kayfabe perspective.</p><p> </p><p>

Hogan holding the title for another year plus totally turns me off since hes increasingly become more negative backstage as my game goes on. I'd like to be able to call an audible if he becomes much worse.</p><p> </p><p>

What should I do? Does anyone have any other thoughts or ideas?</p>

So I've ran into a bit of an issue in my post WM II save. Andre just won the title over Dusty Rhodes (Hogan was injured, play special guest referee. Dusty went for a chair and Hogan gave him the big boot, then quick counted after Andre gave Dusty the slam. Mania ends with undefeated Andre with the title and Hogan congratulating him. )

Post Mania Andre gets hit with another pain killer issue. Last time I had fined him with no result so this time I opted to send him to rehab, which was the right choice as his behavior improved, he was happy and hopefully this will prevent his time decline from falling faster. Problem is hes my champ and is in rehab for 6 months.

My original plan was Andre hold the title for a year and drop it to Hogan with the heel turn and the slam in Mania 3 like real life, only difference is Andre enters the match with the title.

So now my plan is to have the same thing happen in a year but I need to get the title on Hogan. Andre can make his heel turn. The slam can happen. Etc

My issue is leading up. I have Dusty Rhodes who could be granted back the title since he was last champion and was somewhat screwed by Hogan. Leading to a match at SummerSlam in which Hogan wins back the title. I kind of am leaning this way since Dusty only had a 2 month reign and this way his reign(s) look longer and make him seem more of a legit champion rather than a fluke.

Option #2 Is Commissioner Monsoom makes Hogan and Dusty face each other at the next big event in which Hogan wins the title and holds it until he meets Andre. Mania 3 still happens as it did irl.

Option #3 is Commissioner Monsoon makes a tournament in which Dusty Rhodes wins back the championship. Hogan can either be DQed out in the tournament or told hes not allowed to enter bc of his role during Andre vs Dusty.

Option #4 is the same except Roddy Piper or Randy Savage win the tournament. They would probably meet in the semis and Dusty and Hogan would meet in the semis. Dusty and Hogan would go on first and end in a double DQ or double count out. This would extend the Hogan/Dusty feud out to SummerSlam without the title being involved. Savage vs Piper would become the finals. The two have been feuding after Piper turned on Savage after losing the tag team championships. Piper beat Savage at WM II in my highest ranked match ever so I know Savage/Piper = $$$. What I was leaning towards was Savage winning the strap and evening the score to 1 win to 1. They would feud over the strap until SummerSlam which would end in an iron man match or best 2 out of 3 falls. Then Andre or Hogan would win the title back around Survivor Series or Royal Rumble with the other wrestler winning the Rumble, face off at Mania as in real life.

The more I write It out and think about it, the more I like option 4. It seems less predictable, but it also seems rushed/chaotic at the end of the year. Option 3 I like bc of Dusty's extended reign he deserves and Hogan gets his retribution at SummerSlam, also, the tournament makes more sense from a kayfabe perspective.

Hogan holding the title for another year plus totally turns me off since hes increasingly become more negative backstage as my game goes on. I'd like to be able to call an audible if he becomes much worse.

What should I do? Does anyone have any other thoughts or ideas?

I think #3 is the best option here, as it makes the most sense. Have Monsoon tell Hogan "Look, it's kind of your fault we even have to do this," and not put him in the tournament. I do like #4, but there are a lot of moving parts. I'd like #2 more if Dusty won and you built to a rematch, but I'm not sure Hogan would allow it.

Hi all,

Running into a bit of wall during my Invasion save. The Rock and Austin have been warring since The Rock returned after Backlash 2001. So far it's gone like this;

At Judgement Day, The Rock defeated Kurt Angle to become the #1 contender to Austin's title. Meanwhile, Austin & Triple H lost the WWF Tag titles to the Dudleyz, splitting up the Power Trip. The Dudleyz are fired the next night by Vince for putting Stephanie through a table.

At King of The Ring, The Rock takes on chickenshit heel Austin in the main event the match ends in a draw after interference from The Dudley Boyz and several ECW wrestlers, kicking off the 'invasion.' Heyman says he used Vince's paranoia of Shane's WCW to sneak in the back door.

At Fully Loaded, a 5-on-5 tag match between WWF and ECW ends in victory for ECW when The Rock and Austin struggle to get along, while the newly returned Cactus Jack turns on the WWF to join ECW. During the build up, Austin turned face, returning to help WWF v ECW. The Rock has been more of a tweener, getting more and more obsessed with reclaiming the WWF title, often leaving Austin open to attacks from ECW.

At SummerSlam, Cactus Jack, The Rock and Austin square off in a triple threat match for the WWF title. Cactus Jack gets the win, after Tazz (who I have been pushing hard) interferes to attack The Rock. As with all the SummerSlam matches on this card, losing title chasers are not eligible to fight for the title for 90 days.

At Unforgiven, The Rock feuds with Tazz, who beats him after The Rock is not medically cleared to wrestle and not at 100%. Meanwhile, Austin has a mini comedy feud with Sandman and Tommy Dreamer who he beats in a handicap match. Meanwhile, Vince has enlisted Shane's WCW team to take on ECW as Rock and Austin are out of the title picture. WCW win but immediately turn on Shane, with Eric Bischoff revealed as the mastermind of their victory.

This is where I'm stuck. I know where I want to go, The Rock and Austin are forced by Vince to team up and defeat Tazz and Big Show at No Mercy for the WWF Tag titles, becoming reluctant partners, while not completely at war, not trusting each other, maybe with a brief honeymoon period in the middle, acting as a true tag team unit.

At Survivor Series, The Rock defeats Booker T for WCW Championship, while Steve Austin defeats DDP to become the #1 contender for the WCW Championship, just so we can have Austin / Rock at Bischoff's Starcade (Armageddon), while they are still tag champs. This will be the end of The Rock and Steve Austin feud. They can drop the tag titles soon after this.

Where I'm stuck, is I can't find a reason that Rock and Austin would logically team, even if Vince forced them to. I had an idea to do a few funny counselling skits (like Daniel Bryan & Kane) but I don't think that would happen during an 'Invasion' all hands on deck kind of war.

As of now, The Rock is still semi-injured from his attack from Tazz. I want to keep an Austin / Bischoff feud for the run up to 'Mania but could introduce it sooner.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Tazz and Rock already have a history with one another, so you could build off of that. Maybe Tazz and Big Show attack Rock backstage one week, try to do the same the next week only for Austin to come to his aid. Austin can say "I didn't help you, I just wanted a piece of ECW" as there would still be some tension between the two.

From there, Austin becomes a primary target of ECW as well, forcing him and Rock to come to each other's aid while maintaining that it's circumstances forcing them to help out, not some form of loyalty. This could lead to both men wanting to get their hands on Tazz and Big Show, with Vince forcing them to realize that they would need to team up to do so. This can be explained by Heyman stating that Tazz and Big Show wouldn't wrestle in singles matches due to their status as champions, forcing them to reluctantly team together.

I think #3 is the best option here, as it makes the most sense. Have Monsoon tell Hogan "Look, it's kind of your fault we even have to do this," and not put him in the tournament. I do like #4, but there are a lot of moving parts. I'd like #2 more if Dusty won and you built to a rematch, but I'm not sure Hogan would allow it.

I think Hogan would allow option 2. He dropped the title to Dusty but I had to put keep strong and protect road agent notes on. Dusty is 93 pop across the board and Hogan is 98. Itll not be a great main event if Dusty wins but it could happen.

My problem with Hogan for option 3 is he doesn't have much to do. I suppose Dusty wins the tournament. He can beat Savage with the help of Piper which keeps the Savage/Piper feud going strong.

I have Jake the Snake as a heel, DiBiase as a heel (IC champ) and Ricky Steamboat as face in the low 90s pop. I guess a Dusty vs Steamboat program could happen.

Hogan then would have to feud with Jake or DiBiase. I was wanting Jake to be the man to knock off Hogan after Mania 3. I'm building him up as a super heel who is attacking wrestlers with his snake. But it might be too early for this feud with no title involved. DiBiase could work but he has a title Hogan wouldnt care for. The next heels down the line are Backlund and Bundy who Hogan has already beaten multiple times.

Hogan is my problem. Haha

November 1999.

ECW is in financial trouble, they have a debt around the 3 million mark, I am currently playing as the WWF and I'm really doubting if I should buy them out or not. I started with NXT as my first child company and took over OVW last year, so this would be my third child company which is a little bit too much right now. I like the idea of taking over ECW but I think it would kill the business really quick...

Should I take them over right now or give them some money and wait until 2001 which is more realistic?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How would you book Ultimate Warrior in 1986 WWF? His skills are very underdeveloped, but the star quality and entertainment skills are there. Squash matches until he gets over and hope his skills improve?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe hide him on a tag team. Have him be just another warrior alongside a war minded veteran. As he gets the skills in shape, the personality starts to comes out more and he starts to be more Ultimate. The old guy gets frustrated, the team falls apart and that's when Warrior overcomes his former partner and becomes fully Ultimate.</p>

<p>TEW Bookers, I could use your help on this.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm playing WCW in '94 (Hive's <em>Clash of the Titans</em> mod, highly recommended) and Steven Regal shows up in my Creative Meeting as a huge star with almost unlimited potential. Naturally, I want to push him to the moon. </p><p> </p><p>

However, I don't want to push him as Steven Regal. I'd much rather push him as William Regal, as I already have a number of Steves/Stevens on my roster. Because this is '94, Regal is managed by Bill Dundee, who is currently going by the name Sir William. So I'm looking for some sort of scenario where Regal takes the Sir William name for his own.</p><p> </p><p>

Perhaps it's a comedy angle where Regal winds up in a feud for his name, and upon losing takes Sir William's name as a substitute? That's all I've got right now -- so I'm completely open to suggestions and would love to know how you'd book this.</p><p> </p><p>

Difficulty factor: I don't want to get rid of Dundee -- he's got excellent chemistry managing Regal. So I imagine I need a scenario where the two men stay allied, even though Regal's taking his name. (Maybe Dundee loyally gives him the Sir William name? I just don't know.)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="edenborn" data-cite="edenborn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>TEW Bookers, I could use your help on this.<p> </p><p> I'm playing WCW in '94 (Hive's <em>Clash of the Titans</em> mod, highly recommended) and Steven Regal shows up in my Creative Meeting as a huge star with almost unlimited potential. Naturally, I want to push him to the moon. </p><p> </p><p> However, I don't want to push him as Steven Regal. I'd much rather push him as William Regal, as I already have a number of Steves/Stevens on my roster. Because this is '94, Regal is managed by Bill Dundee, who is currently going by the name Sir William. So I'm looking for some sort of scenario where Regal takes the Sir William name for his own.</p><p> </p><p> Perhaps it's a comedy angle where Regal winds up in a feud for his name, and upon losing takes Sir William's name as a substitute? That's all I've got right now -- so I'm completely open to suggestions and would love to know how you'd book this.</p><p> </p><p> Difficulty factor: I don't want to get rid of Dundee -- he's got excellent chemistry managing Regal. So I imagine I need a scenario where the two men stay allied, even though Regal's taking his name. (Maybe Dundee loyally gives him the Sir William name? I just don't know.)</p></div></blockquote><p> It doesn't have to be a storyline... Workers change and alter their names and monikers all the time without a ton of fanfare... Just retitle him Sir William and rename Dundee... Call him "Patsy" or something...</p><p> </p><p> Or you could storyline it out...but just offering an alternative line of thought.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It doesn't have to be a storyline... Workers change and alter their names and monikers all the time without a ton of fanfare... Just retitle him Sir William and rename Dundee... Call him "Patsy" or something...<p> </p><p> Or you could storyline it out...but just offering an alternative line of thought.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That, or extend the name "Sir William" to "Sir William Dundee", giving the duo a potential to be even more of a bunch of royal/knighted snobs.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="edenborn" data-cite="edenborn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>TEW Bookers, I could use your help on this.<p> </p><p> I'm playing WCW in '94 (Hive's <em>Clash of the Titans</em> mod, highly recommended) and Steven Regal shows up in my Creative Meeting as a huge star with almost unlimited potential. Naturally, I want to push him to the moon. </p><p> </p><p> However, I don't want to push him as Steven Regal. I'd much rather push him as William Regal, as I already have a number of Steves/Stevens on my roster. Because this is '94, Regal is managed by Bill Dundee, who is currently going by the name Sir William. So I'm looking for some sort of scenario where Regal takes the Sir William name for his own.</p><p> </p><p> Perhaps it's a comedy angle where Regal winds up in a feud for his name, and upon losing takes Sir William's name as a substitute? That's all I've got right now -- so I'm completely open to suggestions and would love to know how you'd book this.</p><p> </p><p> Difficulty factor: I don't want to get rid of Dundee -- he's got excellent chemistry managing Regal. So I imagine I need a scenario where the two men stay allied, even though Regal's taking his name. (Maybe Dundee loyally gives him the Sir William name? I just don't know.)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe nobody needs to end up losing their name. Dundee may currently be Sir William. But how well is it established in story that William is Dundee's first name? Could he maybe be Sir Dunforth William or some such thing so Regal could be Sir William Regal?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="edenborn" data-cite="edenborn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>TEW Bookers, I could use your help on this.<p> </p><p> I'm playing WCW in '94 (Hive's <em>Clash of the Titans</em> mod, highly recommended) and Steven Regal shows up in my Creative Meeting as a huge star with almost unlimited potential. Naturally, I want to push him to the moon. </p><p> </p><p> However, I don't want to push him as Steven Regal. I'd much rather push him as William Regal, as I already have a number of Steves/Stevens on my roster. Because this is '94, Regal is managed by Bill Dundee, who is currently going by the name Sir William. So I'm looking for some sort of scenario where Regal takes the Sir William name for his own.</p><p> </p><p> Perhaps it's a comedy angle where Regal winds up in a feud for his name, and upon losing takes Sir William's name as a substitute? That's all I've got right now -- so I'm completely open to suggestions and would love to know how you'd book this.</p><p> </p><p> Difficulty factor: I don't want to get rid of Dundee -- he's got excellent chemistry managing Regal. So I imagine I need a scenario where the two men stay allied, even though Regal's taking his name. (Maybe Dundee loyally gives him the Sir William name? I just don't know.)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You could just have him start going by Steven William Regal and eventually just drop the Steven part of the name.</p>