Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordJaguar" data-cite="LordJaguar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why is there a cap of B rating on matches less than 20 minutes? This seems quite arbitrary....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I thought there was too... But I recently had my 12-minute main-event score a B+, and also had a 16-minute match score an A- </p><p> </p><p> So it is doable.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordJaguar" data-cite="LordJaguar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why is there a cap of B rating on matches less than 20 minutes? This seems quite arbitrary....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There isn't.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lex Star" data-cite="Lex Star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There isn't.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm still using the trial patch, in the ? box it states...less than 20 minutes gets a B cap for in ring action.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordJaguar" data-cite="LordJaguar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm still using the trial patch, in the ? box it states...less than 20 minutes gets a B cap for in ring action.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I literally just had a B+ rated match that was 15 minutes, Mikey James (a Main Eventer) had an in-ring performance of A. It was a B+ even with a ding for terrible tag team chemistry.</p><p> </p><p> With the current patch it says, "For example a match below 20 minutes can never get more than B+ for it's in-ring action (although the segment rating may end up being higher)"</p><p> </p><p> So, it can end up being higher once you factor in bonuses and such, at least that's how I understand it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lex Star" data-cite="Lex Star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I literally just had a B+ rated match that was 15 minutes, Mikey James (a Main Eventer) had an in-ring performance of A. It was a B+ even with a ding for terrible tag team chemistry.<p> </p><p> With the current patch it says, "For example a match below 20 minutes can never get more than B+ for it's in-ring action (although the segment rating may end up being higher)"</p><p> </p><p> So, it can end up being higher once you factor in bonuses and such, at least that's how I understand it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> See, that must be the problem, because the trial patch says B not B+....</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordJaguar" data-cite="LordJaguar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>See, that must be the problem, because the trial patch says B not B+....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, maybe he updated it recently, or it's a typo in the trial patch. I just know I've had A rated matches under 20 minutes before, so it's not a huge deal.</p><p> </p><p> I just had an A-rated 15 minute match, 3v3.</p><p> </p><p> Gargantuan had an in-ring performance of A.</p><p> Kirk Jameson had an in-ring performance of A.</p><p> Remo Richardson had an in-ring performance of A*.</p><p> Rogue had an in-ring performance of A.</p><p> Antonio Maxi Marquez had an in-ring performance of A*.</p><p> Fro Sure had an in-ring performance of A*.</p><p> </p><p> So I don't know where the B+ cap even factors in, unless the "In-ring performance" that each participant has in the Road Agent Report factors in certain bonuses? I don't think it'd factor them all in, because I've had matches rate higher than any of the listed in-ring performances of each worker.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: I just checked the actual number (usually play with Grades, not numbers) and the match scored a 98! So you can almost ignore the match length penalties, if you think you have enough bonuses to make up for the penalty.</p>

<p>TagTeams</p><p> </p><p>

Im a massive tag team fan, and like to try and make it part of my fed when running it. my question is there anywhere in TEW16 that you can see Tag teams, like you can singles? obviously there the power 500 etc for singles but is there a way to see an equal for tags and if not is there a way to search for teams? so you know who both members are etc</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The_Monk" data-cite="The_Monk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Im a massive tag team fan, and like to try and make it part of my fed when running it. my question is there anywhere in TEW16 that you can see Tag teams, like you can singles? obviously there the power 500 etc for singles but is there a way to see an equal for tags and if not is there a way to search for teams? so you know who both members are etc</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, which is still my major bugbear. I THINK if you go into editor you can filter by experience (you definitely can pre-game but not sure in-game.) or you can look up a fed and see what teams are there, but obviously that's time-consuming and misses unemployed teams or teams with only one member working for a company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The_Monk" data-cite="The_Monk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Im a massive tag team fan, and like to try and make it part of my fed when running it. my question is there anywhere in TEW16 that you can see Tag teams, like you can singles? obviously there the power 500 etc for singles but is there a way to see an equal for tags and if not is there a way to search for teams? so you know who both members are etc</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is nothing more arduous in this life, than searching for a tag team on TEW when you have neither partner on your roster, it has always been the same</p>

<p>moving on to alliances, I think I have it sussed now, apart from one thing.. </p><p> </p><p>

I have my alliance, and I have my alliance titles, so now I can decide who holds them, and who is pushed for them.. But, my development fed keeps creating their own titles, and putting them on people who I don't want to have them, every time I retire their title, they put a new title in, even if I put my alliance title on the dude they want a belt on anyway, what gives with this??? How do I stop them trying to push people I don't want belts on, or even better, how can I stop them creating their own belts, and use my alliance title instead..</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Newman" data-cite="Newman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>moving on to alliances, I think I have it sussed now, apart from one thing.. <p> </p><p> I have my alliance, and I have my alliance titles, so now I can decide who holds them, and who is pushed for them.. But, my development fed keeps creating their own titles, and putting them on people who I don't want to have them, every time I retire their title, they put a new title in, even if I put my alliance title on the dude they want a belt on anyway, what gives with this??? How do I stop them trying to push people I don't want belts on, or even better, how can I stop them creating their own belts, and use my alliance title instead..</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's because you don't own the Alliance, if you created it you are just the founding member so you are not solely responsible for what titles are created/retired or champions and when they are defended on other rosters in the alliance. My alliance has 6 other federations in it, it is hardly ever my own roster members that own the title without making things very unrealistic. You can't choose who the AI picks as the winner of an alliance match that isn't on your show.</p>

I've seen some road agent notes (for example "Kayfabe injury finish" which was what I was looking for when this question came to me) sometimes disappear from the menu. What is it that decides if a given road agent note is available or not? Is it the match type, wrestlers skills, or what?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've seen some road agent notes (for example "Kayfabe injury finish" which was what I was looking for when this question came to me) sometimes disappear from the menu. What is it that decides if a given road agent note is available or not? Is it the match type, wrestlers skills, or what?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Match type - if you check out matches in the editor you can see/change what finishes are available.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Newman" data-cite="Newman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>moving on to alliances, I think I have it sussed now, apart from one thing.. <p> </p><p> I have my alliance, and I have my alliance titles, so now I can decide who holds them, and who is pushed for them.. But, my development fed keeps creating their own titles, and putting them on people who I don't want to have them, every time I retire their title, they put a new title in, even if I put my alliance title on the dude they want a belt on anyway, what gives with this??? How do I stop them trying to push people I don't want belts on, or even better, how can I stop them creating their own belts, and use my alliance title instead..</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because developmental companies are their own separate entity, they book their own shows and have their own champions. You set up their schedule, can create tag teams for them, can create titles for them, but they will create their own titles if there isn't enough for them to work with.</p><p> </p><p> Alliance titles are like the old school NWA World title, not promotion specific titles. They're not meant to be the primary title for a promotion, they're a Championship that can be loaned out to the companies that are in the Alliance. You don't have complete control of the Alliance titles, any member of the Alliance can get the Championship (and the champion is automatically loaned, too) on loan for any of their shows, and they can book them. So if one of your roster members is Champion, he can be loaned out by the AI to defend the title on any other company's show.</p>

Because developmental companies are their own separate entity, they book their own shows and have their own champions. You set up their schedule, can create tag teams for them, can create titles for them, but they will create their own titles if there isn't enough for them to work with.

Alliance titles are like the old school NWA World title, not promotion specific titles. They're not meant to be the primary title for a promotion, they're a Championship that can be loaned out to the companies that are in the Alliance. You don't have complete control of the Alliance titles, any member of the Alliance can get the Championship (and the champion is automatically loaned, too) on loan for any of their shows, and they can book them. So if one of your roster members is Champion, he can be loaned out by the AI to defend the title on any other company's show.

How are ya, yeh I get that, but my alliance, just has the four promotions, two have working agreements, so I can't sign their workers to written deals, and the other is my development company.. I don't mind my alliance titles being fought for in their feds, in fact I want them to be, as I will borrow the workers I want from them in alliance loans, and push them anyway, but its my development fed that is creating their own titles, and I don't seem to have any say on who they put them on, or why.. It just seems to not make much sense to me, I am working round it now, I have to call up their entire roster, and book my show on the same night as them, but it seems like it is working against my objectives..

That's because you don't own the Alliance, if you created it you are just the founding member so you are not solely responsible for what titles are created/retired or champions and when they are defended on other rosters in the alliance. My alliance has 6 other federations in it, it is hardly ever my own roster members that own the title without making things very unrealistic. You can't choose who the AI picks as the winner of an alliance match that isn't on your show.

How are ya, yeh I get that, but my development fed should not do it should it, it seems the only way I can get my development fed title to be fought for on my show, is through alliance titles, but their own titles, I can't seem to use them..

Sorry if this has been asked already, but.

Is there any way to stop the game from inducting people into the company Hall of Fame without your consent? Every now and again it inducts someone that I don't want to be in. I can remove them, but I would like to just shut it off entirely so I can do it all at one time in the year (and choose my own inductees!).

How are ya, yeh I get that, but my alliance, just has the four promotions, two have working agreements, so I can't sign their workers to written deals, and the other is my development company.. I don't mind my alliance titles being fought for in their feds, in fact I want them to be, as I will borrow the workers I want from them in alliance loans, and push them anyway, but its my development fed that is creating their own titles, and I don't seem to have any say on who they put them on, or why.. It just seems to not make much sense to me, I am working round it now, I have to call up their entire roster, and book my show on the same night as them, but it seems like it is working against my objectives..

Child Promotions are ran independently from you, the AI will create titles to fit their needs if you don't make promotion specific championships for them to book.

You can control things like the schedule, set up tag teams for them to book, and the product they use. They book their own shows, you have zero control over how the AI books your child promotions.

How are ya, yeh I get that, but my development fed should not do it should it, it seems the only way I can get my development fed title to be fought for on my show, is through alliance titles, but their own titles, I can't seem to use them..

There is no way to book developmental championships on your main roster. The way developmental companys work in TEW is closer to OVW than NXT.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, which is still my major bugbear. I THINK if you go into editor you can filter by experience (you definitely can pre-game but not sure in-game.) or you can look up a fed and see what teams are there, but obviously that's time-consuming and misses unemployed teams or teams with only one member working for a company.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you....yeah its a shame that feature isn't there, would be a god send</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lex Star" data-cite="Lex Star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Child Promotions are ran independently from you, the AI will create titles to fit their needs if you don't make promotion specific championships for them to book.<p> </p><p> You can control things like the schedule, set up tag teams for them to book, and the product they use. They book their own shows, you have zero control over how the AI books your child promotions.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> There is no way to book developmental championships on your main roster. The way developmental companys work in TEW is closer to OVW than NXT.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeh, I am just gonna book round it, keep sacking the head booker until I get one who I can kinda tolerate, I reckon, what about managers, they don't seem to manage who I want to either, plus I have sent him three tag teams, and he won't use them, I keep increasing the event time, he keeps reducing it, Jody Hamilton is gettin fired soon I can sense it..</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Was the manager actually playing a role in these angles or was she just assigned as another worker's manager? I think managers need to actively take part in the angle in order to gain popularity.</p><p> </p><p> As for your second question: I don't see a reason why there can't be randomly generated giants, but I don't know.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, the manager was involved in the angles, and she was rated on sex appeal. She has 99 in sex appeal, and the angles were rated in the 60-70 range, so I'm wondering if it is a glitch for her to be stuck at such low pop.</p>

<p>I have a quick question regarding the auto booker which I'd like to use for my B show.</p><p>

I've run two shows in this way so far on one occasion, I told it to use 16 workers, on the other, 20. But it only generated about 3 matches and didn't used anywhere near the amount of workers I wanted it too. (Mainly my mid-card - Enhancements talents). Can I change this in any way to make it use more workers? I am Cult sized and my B show is 1 hour long.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Doogshere" data-cite="Doogshere" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Minimum requirements for getting a broadcasting deal? I just hit cult and no one wants me still.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The requirements vary by broadcaster. If you click on the text saying "Not interested in negotiating with you" on the broadcaster screen, you will get a popup explaining which criteria your promotion does not meet for that broadcaster.</p>