World Championship Wrestling 1993/1994 - Season I

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d2/Wcw.jpg/280px-Wcw.jpg[/img] [b]World Championship Wrestling 1993/1994 - Season I[/b] [i]A TEW Dynasty[/i] When a fan heard the words World Championship Wrestling they thought of two words: Good Wrestling. But since latter 1991 until presently, with the WCW under control of Jim Herd and 'Cowboy' Bill Watts, talent was mismanaged horribly. That's when the Turner Brass had enough. A young, ****y, Eric Bischoff had basically begged and pleaded to be given more power, much like he had in the end of his AWA days. So as of August, 1993, Eric Bischoff was put in power. [b]Company Info Name[/b] World Championship Wrestling [b]Size[/b] International [Mainly Japan and Canada] [b]Money[/b] -UNDISCLOSED- [b]Style[/b] Sports Entertainment [b]Location[/b] Southeast [b]Promotion Pacts World Wrestling Federation[/b] - War [b]New Japan Pro Wrestling[/b] - Working Agreement [b]Shows[/b] WCW Saturday Night - Hosted by Tony Shiavone, Jesse Ventura and Eric Bischoff WCW Worldwide - Hosted by Mike Tenay and Dusty Rhodes [color=blue]Face[/color] Tweener [color=red]Heel[/color] [b]Workers of the WCW[/b] [b]WCW Owner[/b] Ted Turner [b]WCW Commissioner[/b] Nick Bockwinkle [b]WCW Champions [img]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/v/vader/07.jpg[/img] [b]WCW World Heavyweight Champion - [color=red]Big Van Vader[/color][/b] [i]One of the biggest men in WCW and one of those few Americans that are more over in Japan than the States. This is Vader's third reign as WCW World Champion [currently the most WCW World title reigns in the history of the title] after defeating Sting in Dublin, Ireland.[/i] [img]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/ricflair/87.jpg[/img] [b]WCW International Heavyweight Champion - [color=red]Ric Flair[/color][/b] [i]44 years old, just over 11 World titles from 3 different promotions, one of the most decorated wrestlers alive, Ric Flair is just starting to get rolling. The first WCW International Heavyweight Champion, Flair has just returned back to WCW earlier this year after spending a year in the WWF.[/i] [b]WCW United States Heavyweight Champion - Vacant[/b] [i]The United States championship is vacant because it was held up in May after a Dustin Rhodes/Rick Rude match. Rumor has it that Eric Bischoff looks to have a U.S. title tournament for the belts.[/i] [img]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/h/hollywoodblondes/02.jpg[/img] [b]WCW World Tag Team Champions - [color=red]The Hollywood Blondes [Stunning Steve Austin and Brian Pillman][/color][/b] [i]The World Tag Team Champions and two of the most talented propsects of the future, both are already well decorated in singles and tag wrestling. Pillman was the 1987 rookie of the year and Austin the 1990 rookie of the year. Austin held the Television title twice [with the longest reign to date] and Pillman held the Light-Heavyweight title twice. The two have been tag champs for quite a while now, nearly 6 months.[/i] [img]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/p/paulorndorff/02.jpg[/img] [b]WCW World Television Champion - [color=red]Paul Orndorff[/color][/b] [i]Mister Wonderful is currently on his last run in the business after coming from the WWF. Is currently in a hot feud with Cactus Jack Foley, Orndorff is one of the many talented who never got national recognition they deserved due to be heel.[/i] [b]The Best of the Rest Main Event[/b] [color=blue]Barry Windham Davey Boy Smith[/color] [color=red]The Great Muta Ric Flair Rick Rude Sid Vicious[/color] [color=blue]Sting The Shockmaster[/color] [b]Upper Midcard[/b] [color=red]Arn Anderson Brian Knobbs[/color] [color=blue]Cactus Jack Foley "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes[/color] [color=red]Earl Robert Eaton Jerry Saggs Lord Steven Regal[/color] [color=blue]Ricky Steamboat Road Warrior Hawk Ron Simmons Terry Funk[/color] [color=red]The Boss[/color] [b]Midcard[/b] [color=red]Butch Reed[/color] [color=blue]Johnny B. Badd[/color] [color=red]Kevin Sullivan "King Kong" Angelo Mosca Kole Maxx Payne Paul Roma[/color] [color=blue]Tom Zenk[/color] [b]Lower Midcard[/b] [color=red]Barry Darsow Diamond Dallas Page[/color] [color=blue]Eric Watts[/color] [color=red]Kane[/color] [color=blue]Tex Slazenger Too Cold Scorpio[/color] [color=red]Yoshi Kwan[/color] [b]Openers[/b] [color=blue]Brad Armstrong Chris Benoit Lightning Marcus Alexander Bagwell[/color] [color=red]Shanghai Pierce[/color] [color=blue]Thunder[/color] [b]Enhancement Talent[/b] [No Allignment] Charlie Norris Van Hammer [b]Managers[/b] [color=blue]Diamond Doll[/color] [color=red]Harley Race Missy Hyatt Ole Anderson[/color] [b]Announcers[/b] [color=red]Eric Bischoff Michael Hayes[/color] [color=blue]Mike Tenay Tony Shiavone[/color] [b]Color Commentators[/b] [color=blue]Dusty Rhodes[/color] [color=red]Jesse Ventura Larry Zbyszko[/color] [b]Referees[/b] Charles Robinson Nick Patrick Randy Anderson Teddy Long [b]Tag Teams[/b] Allied Powers [Sting/Davey Boy Smith] Arn Anderson and Paul Roma Harlem Heat [Kane and Kole] Hollywood Blondes [Steve Austin and Brian Pillman] Masters of the Powerbomb [Sid Vicious and Vader] Ric Flair and Arn Anderson Too Cold Scorpio and Marcus Alexander Bagwell The Blue Bloods [Lord Steven Regal and Earl Robert Eaton] Thunder and Lightning [b]Stables[/b] The Four Horsemen [Arn and Ole Anderson, Paul Roma and Ric Flair]

[b]WCW Newswire[/b] [i]Week One, August, 1993[/i] [list][*]World Championship Wrestling has entered negotiations with quite a few wrestlers although have not released any names. [*]Rumor backstage has it that new booker Eric Bischoff does not like Shockmaster and is looking to get rid of him as soon as the end of the month. [*]On topic of Eric Bischoff, it is said the new head booker is high for Chris Benoit and big things are expected for the young Canadian. [*]As rumored, an Eight Man tournament will indeed take place for the United States Heavyweight tournament. A graphic is below. [*]WCW Worldwide will be less of a recap show and more of a secondary show for newcomers to do something of a tryout. Saturday Night will now be recorded live on Saturday with Worldwide recorded during the afternoon before it. [*]The rumored Main Event for this weekend's Saturday Night is said to be Barry Windham vs. Big Van Vader for the WCW World title. [*]Also on the card will be four U.S. tournament title matches. [*]Kevin Sullivan has left the company to become head booker of the WWF. [*]Tom Pritchard, Butch Miller, Luke Williams, Bob Orton Jr., Dean Malenko, Owen Hart, Chris Jericho, Peter Polaco, Jimmy Del Ray, Lance Storm and Alex Wright have all signed with WCW. [*]Storm/Jericho, Williams/Miller, Pritchard/Del Ray will all continue to team like they did before coming to WCW. Peter Polaco and Alex Wright will form a new team known as the San Francisco Warriors. [/list] [img]http://members.cox.net/mancini4senate08/ustitle.jpg[/img]

Here's the first card. Predictions welcome! [QUOTE][SIZE=4][b]World Championship Wrestling Presents[/b] [color=blue][b]Saturday Night[/b][/SIZE][/color] [SIZE=2]Main Event - WCW World Heavyweight Title Match[/SIZE] [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/Barry_Windham.jpg/200px-Barry_Windham.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/v/vader/12.jpg[/IMG] Barry Windham vs. Big Van Vader © [b]Rest of the Card[/b] WCW Television Title Match: "Mister Wonderful" Paul Orndorff © vs. Erik Watts The U.S. Title Tournament! Featuring: Arn Anderson vs. Tom Zenk Dustin Rhodes vs. King Kong, Angelo Mosca Pretty Paul Roma vs. Chris Benoit Rick Rude vs. Ron Simmons Plus, the WCW International Heavyweight Champion, Ric Flair, is in the building! The WCW Tag Team Champions, the Hollywood Blondes are in the building! As well as Sting, Sid Vicious, The Shockmaster, Davey Boy Smith and many more of the WCW's top stars! And a special announcement from the WCW Commissioner, Nick Bockwinkle![/QUOTE]

This looks very good i like the pics it adds to the diary a little this looks like it can go good he are my picks. Barry Windham vs. Big Van Vader © Winner: Big Van Vader Rest of the Card WCW Television Title Match: "Mister Wonderful" Paul Orndorff © vs. Erik Watts Winner: Orndorff The U.S. Title Tournament! Featuring: Arn Anderson vs. Tom Zenk Winner: Anderson Dustin Rhodes vs. King Kong, Angelo Mosca Winner: Rhodes Pretty Paul Roma vs. Chris Benoit Winner: Beniot Rick Rude vs. Ron Simmons Winner: Rude I think Rude should will the whole thing beating Rhodes in the finals and have go on to feud.

Looks good so far. I'll be reading! Here are my predictions... Barry Windham vs. [B]Big Van Vader ©[/B] Rest of the Card WCW Television Title Match: [B]"Mister Wonderful" Paul Orndorff ©[/B] vs. Erik Watts The U.S. Title Tournament! Featuring: [B]Arn Anderson[/B] vs. Tom Zenk [B]Dustin Rhodes[/B] vs. King Kong, Angelo Mosca [B]Pretty Paul Roma[/B] vs. Chris Benoit [B]Rick Rude[/B] vs. Ron Simmons

Looks VERY good! Barry Windham vs. [B]Big Van Vader[/B] © Rest of the Card WCW Television Title Match: [B]"Mister Wonderful" Paul Orndorff [/B] © vs. Erik Watts The U.S. Title Tournament! Featuring: [B]Arn Anderson[/B] vs. Tom Zenk Dustin Rhodes vs. [B]King Kong, Angelo Mosca[/B] [B]Pretty Paul Roma[/B] vs. Chris Benoit Rick Rude vs. [B]Ron Simmons[/B] Tournament winner: [B]Ron Simmons[/B] (gotta go with the man who beat Vader for the World title. You picked a good match to put Ron in too cuz I don't see anyone else being able to take him out in this tourney)!

[SIZE=4][b]World Championship Wrestling Presents[/b] [color=blue][b]Saturday Night[/b][/SIZE][/color] [i]Being held at the Alexander Memorial Coliseum in Georgia, Showing LIVE on TBS.[/i] The show began with Tony Shiavone, Jesse Ventura and Eric Bischoff giving a quick rundown of the card as Tom Zenk made his way down to the ring. [b]United States Championship Tournament - Round I Arn Anderson vs. Tom Zenk[/b] [i]A real mix of styles here. In one corner, you have the high flying "Z-Man" Tom Zenk. On the other side, you have the no nonsene Enforcer of the Four Horsemen, Arn Anderson. Still, not that bad of a match considering the mismatch. The two went back and forth for about nine minutes when Anderson hit a [b]huge spinebuster[/b] on Zenk to get the easy win here.[/i] [color=green]Rating = C[/color] [b]A New Concept[/b] Anderson headed backstage as did Zenk when out from the back Nick Bockwinkle came out to the ring. He got into the ring and received a microphone. Nick began to talk about the tradition of WCW end of month events. Starrcade, Halloween Havoc, this year's Slamboree and the three Superbrawls. That's when Nick announced the introduction of a revolutionary idea, the WCW World War III battle royal. Bockwinkle went on to explain how there would be three rings and each ring would hold twenty men a piece, totalling sixty total men in the battle royal and the final man to survive would receive a WCW World Title shot at Starrcade '93! [color=green]Rating = C+[/color] [b]Trouble with the Champs?[/b] The camera fades to the back where Mike Tenay is standing with the WCW Tag Team Champions, the Hollywood Blondes. Immediately, Tenay asks if both men will enter the Battle Royal in which both reply with a firm yes. Austin explains that he will "once again stun the world when I become the first man to hold the WCW World and WCW Tag titles at the same time." Pillman laughs and replies "You mean when I become the first man to hold the WCW World and WCW Tag champ." This turns into a staredown with Mike Tenay fading away from the scene. [color=green]Rating = C+[/color] [b]Vader Time?[/b] We head back to ringside where the three announcers hype the main event, Big Van Vader vs. Barry Windham. Shiavone predicts Windham will pull an upset while Ventura and Bischoff both choose Vader. [color=green]Rating = C[/color] Once again we return backstage now with Mike Tenay, this time he's with Harley Race and Vader. Vader just stands there looking intimidating while Race talks about Vader's strength, brutality, size and intelligence advantage over Windham. [color=green]Rating = C+[/color] [b]United States Championship Tournament - Round I Dustin Rhodes vs. King Kong, Angelo Mosca[/b] [i]Definately not a match of the year contender, but still good to carry the show on. A nice brawlfest which lasted just about 12 minutes which ended with a Dustin Rhodes DDT to Angelo Mosca.[/i] [color=green]Rating = C-[/color] [b]Celebration: Horsemen Style![/b] We cut to the Four Horsemen locker room where Arn Anderson is just returning from his match. He looks on in shock. All around the room are banners that say "Congrats Paul!" and "We knew you'd win!" The only thing is, only one person is in the room, Paul Roma. He has a bottle of champaigne in his hand and looks at Arn. We fade from the awkwardness. [color=green]Rating = C[/color] The announcers comment on Roma who seems to be just a bit ****y as the camera fades in on the Canadian Sensation, Chris Benoit. Benoit is walking through a backstage hall, heading towards the ring as we fade to a commercial. [color=green]C+[/color] [b]United States Championship Tournament - Round I Pretty Paul Roma vs. Chris Benoit[/b] [i]We return from commercial with both men in the ring. Roma is telling Benoit to hit him first. Benoit shrugged, hit a stiff kick to the midsection and then hit a huge Dragon Suplex. Benoit pinned Roma and a confused Randy Anderson made the three count.[/i] [color=green]Rating = C-[/color] Tony Shiavone begins to claim that might've been the fastest match in WCW History at a mere 34 seconds. Anderson jumps into the ring and begins brawling with Benoit and as this goes on Paul Roma comes from behind and hits a forearm to the back of Benoit's head. The two then begin to stomp into Benoit. [color=green]Rating = C-[/color] Roma then grabbed a microphone and told Chris Benoit that this was a fluke and told him tomorrow night on WCW Worldwide, "they would fight whether the tournament spot was on the line or not and that Benoit would be pinned, 1..2..3." This faded into a commercial in. [color=green]Rating = C-[/color] [b]WCW World Television Title Match "Mister Wonderful" Paul Orndorff © vs. Eric Watts[/b] [i]I hope I never see a Eric Watts match again in my life. Orndorff pretty much dominated this match for the ten minutes. When Orndorff hit the Piledriver, Cactus Jack Foley came running out to the ring with a chair in hand. Orndorff doesn't see this and Jack slides into the ring. Orndorff turns around straight into a chair shot. Referee Charles Robinson calls for the bell and a disqualification is called.[/i] [color=green]Rating = C-[/color] Cactus Jack stands over the Television champ and drops the chair. He heads out of the ring where Mike Tenay is waiting. He asks Jack what is going on and Jack explains how it's a changing of a wave, something of a revolution and how he, the Hardcore Icon, Cactus Jack Foley, will lead it into WCW when he defeats Paul Orndorff for the WCW Television title at World War III. [color=green]Rating = C-[/color] The scene fades to the parking garage where a limo is arriving. The door opens and about five ladies step out first, followed by the Nature Boy and WCW International Heavyweight Champion, Ric Flair. [color=green]Rating = A[/color] [b]United States Championship Tournament - Round I Rick Rude vs. Ron Simmons[/b] [i]The final match of the tournament and so far the match of the night, Rude and Simmons seemed to blended well. Simmons looked really strong here, totally dominating Rude for most of the match until Rude got the advantage by low blowing Simmons. The crowd began going crazy as Rude ****ily strutted around the ring. The match ended at about 17:58 when Rude hit the Rude Awakening on Simmons much to the crowd's displeasure.[/i] [color=green]Rating = C+[/color] [b]Flair for the Gold[/b] The show returns from a commercial where Ric Flair and Mike Tenay are standing by. Tenay asks Flair why he wanted the interview time and Flair smiles. Flair responds by saying he was watching the show in his limo when the commissioner, Nick Bockwinkle, made his announcement and he was shocked. He wanted to know why he, the only man to hold Eleven World championships, wasn't notified and just given the Starrcade title shot. Then Flair told Tenay that whether Bockwinkle wanted him to or not, he would walk into Starrcade the International Heavyweight Champion and walk out the World and International Heavyweight Champions before giving us a WOOO! to end the segment. [color=green]Rating = B-[/color] [b]An Alliance?[/b] The camera cuts backstage where Barry Windham is walking through the hallway. Some people wish him good luck when Sting and Windham have a short staredown. Sting then extends his hand and Windham shakes it. Sting says Good Luck as the scene fades to ringside. [color=green]Rating = B-[/color] [b]Main Event - WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match Barry Windham vs. Big Van Vader ©[/b] [i]Match of the night here, Barry Windham seemed to be off his game which was surprising. Anyways these two went at it for quite a while, nearly 20 minutes in a nice brawl. It seemed like Vader would dominate but whenever he did, Windham would do something spectacular. The match ended when Windham hit a huge Lariat on Vader to get the upset win![/i] [color=green]Rating = B[/color] Windham began to celebrate with the World Heavyweight title when Vader ambushed Windham from behind. He began to stomp on him and then hit a HUGE powerbomb on Windham as Tony Shiavone began to plead for Vader to stop. The show ended with Vader looking down at Windham and Race holding his arm up in the air. [color=green]Rating = B-[/color] [b]Final Rating[/b] C+ Notes:[list] [*]The following matches occured during the pre-show. Barry Darsow defeated Alex Wright, Butch Reed defeated Charlie Norris and Yoshi Kwan and Shanghai Pierce defeated Thunder and Lightning. The singles matches rated a D and the tag an E. [*]Arn and Zenk don't click at all. [*]Tony Shiavone needs to learn how to work the microphone better. [*]King Kong wrestled for 12 minutes and was exhausted... Maybe Angelo needs to retire soon. [*]Overused Mike Tenay I think... He looked horrible in two or three of those interview segments. [*]The crowd feels that we need more Hot Storylines. [*]Show might've hurt our popularity slightly. [*]The show could've been way better but for the first show booked, it wasn't too bad. Next Up: Worldwide.[/list]

Another Show Here and Predictions and Feedback Welcomed [QUOTE][SIZE=4][b]World Championship Wrestling Presents[/b] [color=blue][b]Worldwide[/b][/SIZE][/color] [SIZE=2]Double Main Event WCW Grudge Match[/SIZE] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/c/chrisbenoit/34.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/p/paulroma/05.jpg[/IMG] "The Canadian Sensation" Chris Benoit vs. "Pretty" Paul Roma [size=2]WCW World Tag Team Title Match![/size] [img]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/h/hollywoodblondes/03.jpg[/img] vs. [img]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/bagwellscorpio/01.jpg[/img] The Hollywood Blondes © vs. Too Cold Scorpio and Macrus Alexander Bagwell [b]Rest of the Card[/b] The Debut of Owen Hart Davey Boy Smith vs. Diamond Dallas Page Lord Steven Regal vs. Van Hammer And more announcements of entries into the World War III Battle Royal![/QUOTE]

"The Canadian Sensation" Chris Benoit vs. "Pretty" [B]Paul Roma[/B] WCW World Tag Team Title Match! vs. [B]The Hollywood Blondes[/B] © vs. Too Cold Scorpio and Macrus Alexander Bagwell: Marcus is aptly named as he is a bag! Rest of the Card The Debut of Owen Hart [B]Davey Boy Smith[/B] vs. Diamond Dallas Page: I Just think for some reason that Owen Hart's debut is going to play a factor here. [B]Lord Steven Regal[/B] vs. Van Hammer: Hated Hammer, and Regal can wrestle! And more announcements of entries into the World War III Battle Royal!

[SIZE=4][b]World Championship Wrestling Presents[/b] [color=blue][b]Worldwide[/b][/SIZE][/color] [i]Being held at the Alexander Memorial Coliseum in Georgia, Showing TAPED on TBS.[/i] The show begins with a shot of WCW Saturday Night's main event, various video shots including the finish and the beatdown on Windham that followed. The shot fades out on Vader staring at the camera. [color=green]Rating = B[/color] This fades to the announcers, Mike Tenay and Dusty Rhodes, welcome us to the show. There's a blond man in the ring, who Tenay identifies as Owen Hart and his debut. His opponent? Johnny B. Badd [b]Owen Hart vs, Johnny B. Badd[/b] [i]This match lasted just over three minutes in which Owen really domiated . But surprisingly, Owen didn't win this. Instead it was Johnny B. Badd who won. You see, Owen went to the top and came off with a hard double axe handle and Teddy Long disqualified him for using the top rope...[/i] [color=green]Rating = C[/color] [b]The Brutality Continues[/b] Owen asks what is going on and finds out he's been disqualified. He snaps and hits a huge belly to belly suplex on referee Teddy Long. He then locks in a modified leg lock on Badd who begins to tap. Owen finally lets go and gets on the mic. He explain that he most likely damaged Badd's legs with the [b]Straightshooter[/b] and that at World War III he will walk in Owen Hart, and will walk out Owen Hart, Number One Contender. [color=green]Rating = C[/color] [b]Lord Steven Regal vs. Van Hammer[/b] [i]This was really close. If you call watching a man with a flyswatter kill a fly close that is. Regal dominated Hammer here and made him tap using a modified STF hold at just under three minutes. He then looked into the camera and said he would be in the World War III battle royal.[/i] [color=green]Rating = C[/color] [b]The Iceman[/b] We cut backstage where a bronze bodied man is standing in black wrestling trunks. He introduces himself as "The Iceman" and says that he is the best natural wrestler in the history of the WCW and he will prove it at next week's WCW Saturday Night when he takes on the Stinger. [color=green]Rating = C-[/color] [b]Davey Boy Smith vs. Diamond Dallas Page[/b] [i]Match of the night which lasted a little over 6 minutes. A nice brawl between Smith and Page as Page continues to prove the skeptics wrong as if a manager can wrestle. Davey wins after hitting the running powerslam.[/i] [color=green]Rating = C+[/color] [b]A Wonderful Threat[/b] The scene opens up backstage where Paul Orndorff is standing by himself. He is selling the Cactus Jack chairshot with a bandage on his head and threatens Cactus Jack that he will pay for making this Absolutely Wonderful body of Mr. Wonderful a tad flawed and he will pay at World War III when Orndorff hits the Picture Perfect Piledriver on Jack, ending his career once and for all. [color=green]Rating = C+[/color] [b]WCW World Tag Team Titles The Hollywood Blondes © vs. Scorpio and Bagwell[/b] [i]The Blondes and Bagwell/Scorpio really put it out here. Tenay reminded everyone of the tension between the champs due to both wanting the Starrcade Title shot and it showed here as the Tag Champs nearly lost their tag titles twice to Scorpio and Bagwell but it couldn't last forever as at 6:47 the Blondes get the win after Austin hits Bagwell with the Stun Gun.[/i] [color=green]Rating = C+[/color] A short recap of the 8 U.S. Title tournament matches are shown including the whole duration of the Roma/Benoit match. [color=green]Rating = C-[/color] We fade backstage where Rick Rude is standing by with Tony Shiavone. Rude takes the microphone and tells Shiavone to stand aside and stare in awe at the Greatest Human Speciman ever made. Rude than cuts a promo about how one man, only one man, deserved to go into World War III and walk out the number one contender and it was him, Rick Rude. And at Starrcade he would become the first WCW World and WCW U.S. Champion... Same as the other World War III promos really... [color=green]Rating = C[/color] [b]Paul Roma vs. Chris Benoit[/b] [i]A stale match here. Roma and Benoit really don't click. And this was the longest match of the night at 11 minutes. The match ended when Benoit hit a Dragon Suplex on Roma to get the pin.[/i] [color=green]Rating = C-[/color] [b]Final Rating[/b] C- Notes:[list] [*]Benoit, Roma and Tony Shiaovne need to open up. [*]A nice debut by Owen. [*]Another mediocre show, this will not fair well in the war against the WWF. [*]Windham/Vader feud seems to sell well from the reaction of the video. [*]DDP and Smith tied for match of the night with the tag match, which is good a thing considering I did not expect them to do this well. [*]Show might've hurt our popularity even more than Saturday Night... [*]Next Up: Ratings and News Report.[/list]

[b]WCW Newswire[/b] [i]Week Two, August, 1993[/i] [list][*]WCW Saturday Night Rating: 963,289! Wow, extremely high there. Highest section of the show, the 2nd half hour. [*]WCW Worldwide Rating: 449,175. Highest section of the show, the 2nd half hour. [*]Chris Jericho arrived late and was warned for it by WCW Management. [*]Eastern Championship Wrestling rose to more of a regional size promotion now touring most of the Tri-State area. [*]Dean Malenko and Road Warrior Hawk signed with Border City Wrestling. [*]This weekend's Saturday Night will feature a have plenty of action packed matches. Preview up soon.[/list]

Another card here. [QUOTE][SIZE=4][b]World Championship Wrestling Presents[/b] [color=blue][b]Saturday Night[/b][/SIZE][/color] [SIZE=2]Main Event - WCW World Tag Team Championships[/SIZE] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/h/hollywoodblondes/05.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/bushwhackers/09.jpg[/IMG] The Hollywood Blondes © [Stunning Steve Williams and Flyin Brian Pillman] vs. The Sheepherders [Luke Williams and Butch Miller] [b]Rest of the Card[/b] The Iceman vs. Sting Big Van Vader vs. The Shockmaster The San Francisco Warriors vs. The Thrillseekers Ricky Steamboat vs. Owen Hart The U.S. Title Tournament! Featuring: Arn Anderson vs. Dustin Rhodes Chris Benoit vs. Rick Rude Plus much, much more![/QUOTE]

Archived