Hello, first post. :o

Has anyone written a comprehensive beginner's guide to TEW? If not for TEW2016, so for TEW2013 (which I assume is at least quite similar)?

Things I would like to read:

- How to get off to a good, smooth start

- How not to go bankrupt with a smaller promotion

- How to book a good show within your means

- How to negotiate tv deals when your promotion reach the appropriate size (and when is that? As soon as you can meet the requirements?)

- What to look for when recruiting new workers, and what attributes you can safely ignore

- any other general advice you think would be useful when starting out

I got into TEW through the 2010 version that I picked up from Steam on a lark, and when I started looking for that kind of support for that game a few weeks ago I found that TEW2016 was just a couple weeks away, and now I'm equally adrift with this version. It's not that I can't play, I just can't play it well.

Have you tried reading the Player's Handbook from the in-game office screen? It covers a lot of general advice that you should find helpful. The answers for some of your questions really depend on the kind of promotion you are running, the mod you are playing, the size of the company etc.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum by the way! :)

Thank you!

Yeah, I've read a lot of them, if not every word. At times, it's a bit dense, but it is good advice. I'll get back to them and see if I can digest more of them now that I'm more familiar with the game concepts.

At the moment, I'm playing around in the Cornelverse running a newly started promotion in Europe with no reputation, but a very wealthy owner so I have plenty of time to make financial mistakes without the game ending. Reputation is slowly growing, but it is playing on easy mode, kind of like "What if notch decided to burn his Minecraft money on a wrestling promotion".

It's probably not a save I'm going to hold on to when I get the full version of the game, but it's been useful for learning the user interface and such.

Archived