Is anyone interested in helping make a "common name" database?

I was originally planning to do this when the game was first released but then I noticed the humongous "zaname???" database mod, so figured I wouldn't bother.

But now I'm interested again.

One of the thing that bothers me about the default and zanames database is that they frequently use names that I don't think are very common in certain countries.

I'm from the UK (Scotland to be precise), and I often find myself scratching my head at some of the regenerated fighter names that the game throws up at me.

What I was planning firstly (and most importantly for me) (my mod contains around 150 British/Irish fighters) was::::

Research the 200 most common English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish forenames and surnames during the 80s/90s. Then add those individually to the database (whilst removing what's already in there).

If anyone is interested in doing a similar thing for another country or two I'd be grateful to hear from you so that we could gradually compile the data into a mod.

But maybe I'm the only one that's bothered by the more uncommon names.:o

I have a couple such lists for the UK in a database I've been preparing for another game - I'm happy to email to you if you think it would be useful. Drop me a PM.

Thanks for your reply, I would be interested in that database.

Is there a quick way to input names for specific nationalities or does it have to be done one at a time?

Archived