Does anyone have the Boxed/CDRom versions of TEW?

Just looking on the store as I still haven't purchased TEW 2016 (only one I've never owned to date!) and I noticed you can optionally purchased a CD version of the game.

Does anyone have a CD version of any of the games?

As an old school gamer, I just thought it would be awesome to see the game in a box and actually on a CD :)

Just looking on the store as I still haven't purchased TEW 2016 (only one I've never owned to date!) and I noticed you can optionally purchased a CD version of the game.

Does anyone have a CD version of any of the games?

As an old school gamer, I just thought it would be awesome to see the game in a box and actually on a CD :)

Im curious as to how the license works with the CD. If everything stays the same or if you just install the game and youre good to go.

As far as I know the CD is purely for people who have poor Internet connections. I believe it would come in a generic case / sleeve and no box or artwork. You'd have to do an offline eLicense, which requires the use of a computer with Internet as well.

As far as I know the CD is purely for people who have poor Internet connections. I believe it would come in a generic case / sleeve and no box or artwork. You'd have to do an offline eLicense, which requires the use of a computer with Internet as well.

NB: This is correct. It's just a case with the installer in. It's provided for people who don't have Internet access.

NB: This is correct. It's just a case with the installer in. It's provided for people who don't have Internet access.

I do have one from when I bought 2010. And sorry to burst your bubble, there is no fancy box. It's just a regular CD-Rom in a paper sleeve.

Ah man, thats a shame. It would have been awesome to have a proper boxed version of the game.

Yeah it would be cool, but yeah the version they sent me was basically a CD-Rom that has my game on it, then had trial versions for a bunch of other games on it. Basically had one of those do it yourself print labels on the front. Nothing fancy.

Ah man, thats a shame. It would have been awesome to have a proper boxed version of the game.

What do you mean? With printed out manual and stuff? It costs a great deal to make for such a small stock. Boxed games have been coming with cd-keys for a while now, which isn't any different from this game.

What do you mean? With printed out manual and stuff? It costs a great deal to make for such a small stock. Boxed games have been coming with cd-keys for a while now, which isn't any different from this game.

Of course, I'm not saying it would be cost effective at all and the number of people who would want one would be slim.

But the idea of boxed versions of indie games is still very appealing to some... it's why things like IndieBox (https://store.theindiebox.com/) became so popular.

I'm a pure digital gamer. I've been that way on the PC for years and the Xbox One solidified it. I don't trade games in. I buy a game and I keep it, whether I liked it or not. With a young son, having physical games is a nightmare. You can only keep things out of reach or baby proof for so long. Kids get smart fast!

Archived