http://sadhappy.mbnet.fi/WEXXV/WEXXV.jpg

W E X X V

"Warrior Engine XXV was the brainchild of the legendary genius \ maniac Ryu Kajahara, who saw a gap in the Japanese market for a truly wild hardcore promotion. Using his own popularity as the launch pad, WEXXV burst onto the scene in 2005 and soon had people talking thanks to the organised chaos that passed for one of their shows. Against all odds, WEXXV have managed to stay alive despite flirting with bankruptcy on a near annual basis, and have even found themselves becoming more influential as founding members of Kajahara's ultra-controversial 'Modern Japan' movement."

Hiring Rules: Minimum Size Lightweight, Style Cannot Be Technician

Popularity: E+ In Tohoku, E elsewhere in Japan, they are Small size but will hit Regional when E+ in importance in a region.

Money: 500K

Product: Garbage Wrestling

Key Feature: Hardcore

Heavy: Daredevil, Cult

Medium: -

Low: Comedy, Risque, Modern,

Very Low: Traditional, Mainstream

Match Intensity: 55%, Match Danger: 85%. Face/Heel Divide: None.

Match/Angle Ratio: 90%.

.. Will attract a vocal fan base to the company's shows.

.. Will mean wrestlers are rated equally on performance and popularity.

.. Will make Puroresu, Chain Wrestling, Mat Work and Submissions less effective.

.. Will mean that fans expect all wrestlers to have a gimmick, fans will like risky gimmicks and will not respond to one-dimensional gimmicks.

.. Will mean each shows will need to have alteast one match aimed as High Spots, Car Crash or Steal The Show.

.. Will mean each shows will need to have alteast one match aimed as Wild Brawl, Car Crash or Mayhem.

.. Will attract fans who respond well to High Risk matches and will be put off by low risk matches.

.. Will prevent the company from getting any (?) TV time slots.

.. Will make getting sponsorship money extremely tough.

.. Will mean that the "Young Lion" system will not be taken into account.

0. Foreword: WEXXV has been my favourite promotion for many, many years. I've always had a fandom over ECW and the Japanese hardcore wrestling scene (but I must admit I haven't watched that much of both tbh). The product WEXXV has offers the freedom for a lot of creative decisions and you can develop your own stars without much fear of getting them snatched away by bigger companies in Japan that are much more realism/puro/modern oriented.

The very first thing I always do when a new TEW game comes out is create two match types into the Editor: Deathmatch II and Exploding Ultimate Deathmatch! Deathmatch II is a clone of the regular Deathmatch match expect it's Injury and Content risk is set to High, instead of Very High. Just untick the Light Tubes and Bed Of Nails and use the Clone match feature to easily create the wide array of match types for that name (2vs2, 3vs3, etc.)

The second match is Exploding Ultimate Deathmatch, which I add to have Explosives and Barbed Wire Cage, just for gimmicky match purposes. You only really need the Deathmatch II version since some of your guys won't agree to do a Very High Risk/Content matches. We'll get into that later.

Optional: I like my WEXXV with 80-20 Match/Angle ratio. Ryu Kajahara is golden on the promos, and the more angles you have, the more menacing guys you can use in them. If you start with 90% as a Head Booker, Ryu won't allow you to switch to 80-20 ratio. Also at the start majority of your matches will suck so you really need those highly rated angles to give your shows somew boost. I'd really suggest reading the "Player's Handbook" even if you are a seasoned veteran in the game since there's lots of new features!

1. Current Situation

Importance: #16, Influence: #23, Financially: #22. You got 500K in the bank which is plenty, you can (and maybe should?) raise up the production values right from the start or when you hit Regional. You will start with all four values on Red since EX2010 have higher values than you, you are tied with SAISHO. I always start with one Weekly show and one annual bigger show. I haven't yet played TEW2016 so I can't suggest whether or not to use Small or Medium shows, you only start at E+ pop in Tohoku so.. Also, speaking about Tohoku, in each WEXXV game you have a decision to make: Do you stay in Tohoku OR do you concentrate on Kanto? Tohoku has the hotbeds and it fits WEXXV much better kayfabe wise but Kanto is the biggest region.

2. Roster

Man everyone is getting old. Sakata & Morisue are 39 and 37, McWade Bro's are both 44, Doug Peak is 36, Gareth Wayne 42, Henry Bennett 41, Henry Lee 46, Kajiwara 40. Apart from the Brothers In Vengeance and Doug Peak, all the rest should just job their popularity and then be faded into retirement. I sometimes just wait for Wayne and others to wreak havoc backstage and use that as en excuse to fire them.

With all that dead weight, WEXXV still has future potential in Munemitsu Senmatsu, Taheiji Konoe, Tatsukichi Shichirobei and Zeshin Makioka. These four are your future, especially Senmatsu and Makioka, who has really improved since the last game. His performance levels are off the hook, also he has C+ Hardcore. Senmatsu has better Entertainment stats, SQ and he also has 90 in Menace. Altough keep in mind, only Senmatsu, Sakata and Morisue are Loyal to you at the start of the game. In worst case scenario, the bigger promotions might sign Makioka, Konoe and Shichirobei away from you.

3. Figurehead

None. Only if Ryu Kajahara would still be wrestling. :( Eventually either Senmatsu or Makioka will rise to the figurehead position.

4. Signings (and Firings) To Make

This is where it gets kinda awkward. If you search for active Psychopaths that are based in Japan, you only get two. Only two, them being Nobuhito Ogiwara, 43 and Oniji Hanari, also 43. You don't need anyone +40 in your promotion since you already have so many to start with. On the Brawler side however there's lot of options but really only few stand out. Here's a list of a few guys you might want to sign: Bull Wrecker, Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Findlay O'Farraday, Lug Phelan, Ray Snow, Yoshisada Matsuzawa and maybe even Molokai Milk, who has good Selling, good performance skills and Hardcore in C-. You could also feel sympathy for the unemployed Texas Pete who's a very positive influence and also extremely Liberal. In general you want a.) wrestlers with high Hardcore skill b.) Liberal/Very Liberal workers (so that they agree to do High Risk matches) c.) positive influence on the locker room and possibly d.) performance heavy veterans to be paired with young ones.

On the firing side, I'd get rid off Washi Heat, Toyokuni Hardcore, Gareth Wayne and Kimi Kawano. Also I always fire Brains McGhee and Seishiro Hiraga, you don't want two unskilled managers in your roster. Heat and Hardcore won't even do high risk matches ffs. -.-'

In general you don't need anyone in your roster if they don't agree to do the Deathmatch II match. Also getting positive influence Enhancement talent to Low. Midcarders is always a good choice to do as WEXXV start with 66% locker room morale.

Also keep a lookout each new month for the debuting wrestlers. If you sign young lions you might make them Loyal to you which also adds to the long term goals of the promotion and to the challenge of creating your own stars and keeping them in your promotion.

5. Tag Teams/Stables

Three teams have A* experience, the other two have D+. I really don't have much to add here. The A* teams really shouldn't be in Singles matches anyways, except for maybe Doug Peak and the Brothers In Vengeance.

6. Booking

Lots of Deathmatch I / II matches, lots of Menace angles and Kajahara promos + other entertaining guys in promos. Focus on each worker's strong suit; For some it's performance + hardcore skill, for some it's entertainment skills, for most it's menace. Push the four guys I mentioned earlier and slowly grind the old guys out of the promotion.

Here's a list of workers who agree to a Very High Risk/Content match: Battle Sakata, Dean McWade, Doug Peak, Gareth Wayne, Hiroshi Morisue, Kuniyoshi Kawamura, Taheiji Konoe, Tatsukichi Shichirobei.

Here's a list of workers who agree to do a High Risk/Content match: Dallas McWade, Henry Bennett, Koichi Kajiwara, Kimi Kawano, Munemitsu Senmatsu, The Gremlin, Washi Heat, Zeshin Makioka.

A list of wrestlers who are *******: Eiichi Umehara, Henry Lee, Toyokuni Hardcore.

7. Belts & Tournaments

Warrior's Heart: Munemitsu Senmatsu, rated B+. He's one of the best guys you can have but he might be more useful chasing the title. Milk the Menace skill whenever you can.

King of Death Matches: Eiichi Umehara. He's slowly gaining more skills, other contenders would be Taheiji Konoe and The Gremlin maybe. Konoe usually rises up to Upper Mid fairly quickly, atleast with my booking.

Blood Brothers: Makioka & Kajiwara. This should be dropped immediately to someone else since Kajiwara is holdin Makioka back. Zeshin Makioka is clearly heading for greatness whereas Kajiwara is getting way too old and he never was good to begin with.

8. Alliances/Relationships

WEXXV is part of the Modern Japan Movement and there's lots of good guys to have in your shows from GCG, WLW and maybe from EXODUS and SAISHO aswell. Try to search for high Hardcore or Liberal workers when trading and loaning. WLW also has a TV slot so maybe get your workers more exposure that way!

All in all WEXXV combines all the things I love in TEW: You pretty much have to create your own stars throughout the years, there's a challenge in rising up the size and popularity and you can book your guys in so many ways and use a variety of matches and angles to get your guys over. Rest of Japan is somewhat boringly oriented to Performance so WEXXV feels really refreshing.

If you read this till the end, thank you! Hopefully I gave you few tips and tricks about the promotion, you shoudl really read the Player's Handbook! Have fun with WEXXV :)

About the workers I mentioned that would be good signs Bull Wrecker, Findlay O'Farraday, Lug Phelan, Yoshisada Matsuzawa and Molokai Milk have been great choices thus far.

However Bulldozer Brandon Smith wont agree to do riskier matches due to being conservative so I cut him after a few shows. Texas Pete was in for one show where he performed drunk and high and almost injured one of my better guys so I cut him loose too. Logan Wolfsbane I signed and he became Doug Peak's Protege; Unfortunately he suffers from being Conservative too so I don't know what to do with him. Can't really fire him now since Doug will be mad about it. Ray Snow is conservative too which I didn't remember to look so fired him too.

I've signed BB Colossus who needs a lot of work to become even decent, Black Flash who's Liberal but doesn't have much of Hardcore when starting. I hope that he'll get a tag chemistry with someone, same goes for BB. Also signed JOJI, Monkey Maraguchi Motoyuki Miyake to have more positive people in the locker room and also Eikichi Itou, a rough rookie talent.

About to end January, really interested in what workers debut in the game throughout the year, I'm really hoping for some loyal liberal psychopats that'll come Loyal to WEXXV.. :rolleyes:

FIN, what are your thoughts on a sorta roster split a la BJW's Deathmatch and Strong BJ division for WEXXV?

As I mentioned before I have a very limited expertise of BJW so I had to google that one :D And I actually did create a Ladder match with High Content risk and added some weapons etc. into it, for those workers who don't yet have high Hardcore skill. My Enhancement talent to Midcard have a lot of workers just for the sole purpose of either having high performance, entertainment or future potential and even people who won't do a High risk DM so I've been using them in Ladder matches.

Maybe once you hit higher Regional or Cult with WEXXV you could implement another division in the company but right at the start all the focus is at the Upp. Mid and Main Event hardcore guys.

Man my guys are getting injured. 6 shows, maybe 8-9 injuries thus far. Battle Sakata is now leaving the company due to Senmatsu breaking Sakata's back in a match :D Things are really, really different in TEW16 compared to TEW13 where you could just spam Deathmatches and Crazy Bumps all the time. For the first time in me playing TEW I might have to really re-evaluate my deathmatch booking :D

I would usually create some lower injury risk hardcore/brawl type matches when running WEXXV and limit the outright death matches to maybe one per show.

So maybe I'd have a barbed wire bat match/kendo stick match, maybe some streetfights or barbed wire board matches and a few regular or hardcore matches to fill out the cards.

That and I would use a lot of tags and six mans, keeping the roster about 16-20 guys but using pretty much everyone on every show.

• 3 weeks later...
shameless plug, if you like WEXXV, check out my dynasty WEXXV: The New Generation. (<a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534347" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534347</a>) I'm looking for suggestions always, whether you like the write up format or youtube videos, I do both. Subscribe to my youtube channel (<a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJRi_dIo9oUMqbcKNbit0A" rel="external nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJRi_dIo9oUMqbcKNbit0A</a>) and check it out if you are interested.

• 5 months later...
Anyone experimented with dojos for this promotion? There are slim pickings for psychopaths an most of the hardcore guys are really old. None of the dojo options specifically apply to hardcore wrestlers. I'm wondering if brawling dojos are more likely to produce hardcore workers than just the general focus dojos.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

<p>Reviving an old thread to highlight how the first year of my WEXXV save went.</p><p> </p><p>

I've approached this company with yearly themes in mind, the first of which being "rebirth." The roster is aging, and I ended up with most of my main guys suffering from Time Decline (Morisue was thankfully spared). Thus, I went on a bit of a hiring spree in the start to secure the loyalty of Young Lions that were available at start: Motoyuki Miyake, Gidayu Katou, Kyuichi Matsumoto, MUSCLE Serizawa, Eikichi Itou, and Masufumi Torii. They all spent the rest of the year losing to those above them, though a few of the better performers got wins over each other. Torii, along with two new gens I signed later in the year, are willing to work the Very High Deathmatches, which bodes well for their career in WEXXV; the rest are at least willing to do High Content matches, so that's nice too.</p><p> </p><p>

Besides this, I also renegotiated everyone's contracts to save money each month and sacked the two starting managers and the Road Agent Arakida; Kajahara, who I'm playing as, has a good enough Psychology for now. Throughout the year, I also established working agreements with practically anyone who would accept me in an effort to bring in new blood that fit the product. Sayeed Ali was the inaugural trade and was setting himself up well until BHOTWG stole him, and Frantic Ali has been a decent hand brought in since then. Finally, I locked myself at Small size for the year so I could continue to negotiate contracts with no downsize. Ended up making $123k for the year because of this.</p><p> </p><p>

The first year was storyline light for the most part. Munemitsu Senmatsu kept a tight grip on the Warrior's Heart title and continue to make a challenge for competitors from outside the company to come in a try their hand. He overcame the likes of Black Eagle, Funakoshi, Yasuhide Tayama (in best match of the year), and Harumi Okazawaya, along with several members of the ever-frustrating S.O.B. Hiroshi aided him in this fight against Henry Lee's stable, which took several hits in the year when BHOTWG signed Gareth Wayne and GCG signed Doug Peak away. Bull Wrecker was brought back into the company in the latter half to second Lee moving forward, but this stable has been on the decline. The McWade Brothers, at least, found some success when they won the Blood Brothers title after it was declared vacant following the long-term injury of Zeshin Makioka.</p><p> </p><p>

Another major development was Ryu's announcement in January of a Deathmatch Tournament to be held in July. The months leading up to it were used to showcase established talent and a slew of WEXXV first-timers in an effort to determine the fill. Of the gaijin, only Frantic Ali ultimately earned a spot in the eight man field, but its likely that most of the other visitors will make returns down the road (these men being Carlos Gonzalez, Xavier Reckless, Hustle Muuva, Mosher, Bradford Peverall, and Bullseye). The tournament was held over two days and Hiroshi Morisue would ultimately prevail. King of Death Matches Tatsukichi Shichirobei also had a great performance and is developing into a very valuable hand in the company (albeit one without loyalty, unfortunately)</p><p> </p><p>

The rest of the year was pretty straightforward. Ran two shows a month, one to showcase the Young Lions and a few select veterans, while the second show was where the main matches were held. The season finale, Revelations, was held in December and there the most exciting development occurred. Senmatsu and Morisue were slated to close the show when they're interrupted by Ryu Kajahara, who uncharacteristically invokes his authority and inserts a third wrestler into the title match: American Optimus/Black Eagle, who was calling himself Plague. Neither man was fazed, but they weren't expecting the interference of three other men during the match: former ZEN and current GCG competitor Massacre and APW premier tag team The Apocalypse. The trio's heavy interference was enough to wear the men down and Plague shockingly pinned Morisue, ending Senmatsu's one-plus year reign. </p><p> </p><p>

After the match, Ryu declares these men his Four Horsemen [of the Apocalypse] and announces that the year of rebirth has come to a close. Next year, a new theme would reign.</p><p> </p><p>

The Cull</p>

Very interesting. What's your strategy on picking up young lions? Just whoever you can get that's cheap and loyal or do you look towards nicking from other companies?

In my initial spurt, it was hiring cheap talent who I could fit within WEXXV's product when they developed. Never had a long term save in the Default database, so most of that is guessing and drawing off diaries on the forums. I know Miyake develops well in saves, and I'm hopeful the rest will development in time. I'm avoiding technical based characters because of the limits of the product.

As for young lions in other companies, the few promising ones I picked out have been snagged by GCG so they're out of my reach atm. I really haven't hired a lot of other characters from companies from Japan besides to one off. Massacre was brought in for his Australian popularity to trade for Aussie talent, so he hardly counts. Musashi has been the only guy I brought in who really meshes well atm.

Moving forward, I'm being more selective on my young signings. Being a deathmatch promotion, I'm on the hunt for characters who I think will work the hardcore style. If an especially talented YL pops up, I'll snag him, but now I'm looking to solidify the longevity of my product

• 4 weeks later...
*snip*

Wrapped up 2017 today in my WEXXV save and while financially it wasn’t as profitable as last year, I’ve made some solid investments that should set me up moving forward.

Storyline wise, I had two major ones that I played with during the year. The major story involved Senmatsu, Morisue and eventually Makioka taking on Kajahara’s Four Horsemen, specifically the champion Plague. Massacre and The Apocolypse didn’t have the popularity to compete with them, so they toiled away in a series of culling matches where I weeded out characters (Nobuhito Ogiwara, Henry Bennett and Logan Wolfsbaine) who just weren’t fitting into the product; its been a slow process, but all three are slowly working their way up the card. Plague fended off a handful of challengers while I waited to throw Morisue or Senmatsu (collectively known as Foundation WEXXV after I discovered tag chemistry between them) at him for a rematch, but BHOTWG swooped in a signed Plague away prematurely. I was forced to vacate and brought in Tasuku Iesada on a three-month contract (had to given his Freelancer status) to win the belt in a match against the aforementioned Makioka, who had just returned after a year-long injury. Senmatsu won it back in Iesada’s first defense and things seemed to be returning back to normal in WEXXV. The Ace was back on top.

The second storyline revolved around the S.O.B. stable and their efforts to regroup following the departures of Doug Peak and Gareth Wayne. Henry Lee called in a favor from his old friend Madman Boone to help shore up the ranks, but the greatest effort was made in recruiting Frantic Ali and The Gremlin. This duo proved particularly difficult to convince, besting the stable at every turn, especially its new leader Lee who was visibly past his prime. The S.O.B. began to crumble internally, coming to a head in the summer where Boone turned on Lee and then the returning Doug Peak, freshly fired from a struggling GCG, had a confrontation with Wrecker. The stable collapsed, with The McWades declaring themselves neutral and the other four men fighting in the season finale. Bull Wrecker defeated Henry in a loser-leaves-town Dog Collar match while Peak and Boone prepared to square off later in the night, only to be blindsided by the return of Gareth Wayne, who wasn’t happy to find his old stable in shambles. Wayne won in his return, and only time will tell if the pieces could be put back together

WEXXV spent much of 2017 in this self-imposed Small status, though it wasn’t for lack of trying to make the jump. I was running two shows a month, a Young Lion event in the Kanto/Chubu region and then a main roster show in Tohoku. I was consistently raising my popularity with each show, but finishing last every single month in regional battles didn’t really help with building momentum. I was being frugal with my production values as well, so progress was slow and stunted at times. I ended up buying SAISHO out in the summer for about 60k, but it still wasn’t enough to put me into regional qualification.

Thankfully, I hit the requirement in November, bumped up to regional, and then immediately bought out BCG for 250k to solidify myself at the Regional status. This began my storyline that’ll carry me through 2018 where a BCG-stable consisting of Funakoshi, Blast Ikoma and Kadomaro Kamisoka (stupidly forgot to take Torii’s contract when I pillaged and he got signed by WLW) looking to instill the Maeda tradition in WEXXV. Funakoshi beat and then defeated Senmatsu in his rematch to close out the year while Ikoma/Kamisoka won the Blood Brothers titles from Naga-Mori.

BHOWTG continued to be a thorn in my side this year by signing away Plague, Tatsukichi Shichirobei, Toyokuni Hardcore, Zeshin Makioka and Frantic Ali. Really sucked to see Shichi and Ali go. The fill in those gaps, I brought in Bradford Peverell (who is the booker for PWMAX, so he can’t get poached), Hustle Muuva, Katoh Freak and Ryobe Uno. I imagine Muuva will suffer a similar fate to Ali once I build him up enough, but I’m hoping Peverell will stick around a while. Funakoshi is going to reign on top until one of the big dogs inevitably steal him away. I’m honestly thinking about going intergender to build up some women that (hopefully) won’t get stolen. WLW offered me a non-aggression pact, and I think I’ll end up offering 5SSW one as well if I go that route.

Oh, and WEXXV won Most Improved Company for 2017! Pleasantly surprised and even more motivated to continue this rather unconventional climb.

When you buy out other promotions, do they then become loyal to you? Those that were loyal to SAISHO or BCG? O.o

Trying not to read too much into the storylines so that my dynasty save won't get affected :D

Neither Funakoshi or Blast Ikoma, who were the only two contracts I pillaged from either company, did not transfer their loyalty over to WEXXV, which was rather unfortunate. Not sure what would happen with Young Lions in this case; I imagine you'd get their loyalty if you renegotiated the contract after pillaging