Hi guys, I used to always turn this feature off but now with the addition of the extra road agent notes it seems like a good time to start. I've only had poor shows trying to put together the perfect card with an exciting opener and then mostly regular matches leading into the main event of the evening (the best match). Can I get some advice on how you guys book your shows for say a regular 2 hour TV show?

Cheers

I've had probably my best success using a pattern roughly like this for a 2 hour show:

Main Event/Best Match

Second Best Segment/Promo

Third or Fourth Best Match (Cool The Crowd)

Fourth Best Segment/Promo

Best Segment/Promo

Fifth Best Segment/Promo

Second Best Match

Sixth Best Segment/Promo

Third or Fourth Best Match

Third Best Segment/Promo

This is kind of a rough idea I've been using but it really depends on the show. There's other combinations I've gotten to work with the same results. The most important thing here is to make sure you cool the crowd between your best segment and the main otherwise you get dinged for the crowd hitting an emotional high without a cooldown for every match you run without a cooldown. Just make sure anytime you have a promo or segment that pops a huge rating to do a cool down match as soon as possible after. The sooner you calm the easier it is to build to the next big match or segment.

Best match

Hype angle

Second best match

Hype angle

Decent psychology match (often for me a nostalgia act) work the crowd

Worst match

Second best entertainment Angle

Fourth best match

Fifth best match

Sixth best match

Seventh best match cool crowd

Third best match all out

Best Entertianment based angle

I also thing it doesn't hurt to open with your 3rd best match just to get the juices flowing early, but you gotta maintain a flow of quality after that or the rating will tank. In my earlier TCW I had a load of talent and that worked.

And like the 2000 era Mania's where they had the women's title match in-between main events to cool things down.

A 2 hour show I split in half when running PST/crowd management.

Have your best match in the main event and your co-main (or second best match) to end hour 1. Your best angle should usually open the show unless you've really got something up your sleeve to end the show. A second best angle should kick off the second hour of the show (after a small cool down from your co-main). The rest can just then be filled in with midcard or minor angles/matches. Just make sure your second last match doesn't accidentally bring the house down otherwise you'll struggle to recover for the main event regardless of how many angles split them up.

I either open with a promo setting up the main event or a match featuring my second biggest feud. Then I will forward my other feuds with an occasional promo hyping the main event, then I have pre match special entrances for my main event match and decide how that match is supposed to go. Then the winners will either celebrate or get into a wild brawl.

Archived