I have bin playing TEW 2013 for a long time and now that TEW 2016 is out I dono if I will buy or not because £24.19 is lot of money for a game that I may not like the new features I have played the demo but 2 month is not that long to let me see if i like the game becuase I like to do a local to global so I can bulid my own promotion maybe if the demo was 6 month or 1 year long then I will be able to see how the new features work as a local promotion and see if I what to end my TEW 2013 save for it

If 34.95 is a lot of money for you then I don't want to tell you to buy it. If the two month demo wasn't enough for you then maybe you shouldn't buy it. I personally love the game and think it was a fantastic value and I bought it hour 1 on day 1. However I think determining its value is going to be ultimately left up to you and if the two months of game play isn't enough time to base your decision then maybe that in itself is your decision.

<p>The demo should give you a reasonable chance to determine whether you will get play-time and enjoyment out of the game. 2 months may only be 2 shows if you run a smaller company, but that is about 10 shows with a bigger company. </p><p> </p><p>

No one can really determine how much that amount of money means to you individually because we don't know your financial situation. I look at it comparatively. I don't see it as a huge sum of money because its not much more than I would spend on an evening out - supper with a couple of drinks, a movie for two with popcorn, or a ticket to a sports event. Those are a few hours of entertainment at most. Its half of what I would pay for a console game or some PC games, and I pour far more hours into TEW than any of those. </p><p> </p><p>

But again, it comes down to whether you think you will get value for that money.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41489" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes, you should buy it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> QFT.</p>

Yeah for me its 35 dollars. I'm going to go see Captain America. It'll be 12 bucks for my ticket. Close to another 10 for drink and popcorn and probablly some dinner before that. So for maybe five hours of entertainment from the time I leave my house until the time I get back will cost me as much as this game. To where as I'll log literally close to a thousand hours on this game in around a years time.

<p>yes and no</p><p> </p><p>

As adam said in another forum keep playing the demo and you can buy the game later. There will be more patches and mods out for you. </p><p> </p><p>

Yes I always bought any tew game. No I'm waiting because it will just sit on my pc right now. Since I only play the RW mods and I hate the patches everyday. So I will buy it in july.</p><p> </p><p>

please note that was summary of adams words not exact words</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Questiontime101" data-cite="Questiontime101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41489" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have bin playing TEW 2013 for a long time and now that TEW 2016 is out I dono if I will buy or not because £24.19 is lot of money for a game that I may not like the new features I have played the demo but 2 month is not that long to let me see if i like the game becuase I like to do a local to global so I can bulid my own promotion maybe if the demo was 6 month or 1 year long then I will be able to see how the new features work as a local promotion and see if I what to end my TEW 2013 save for it</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know your financial situation. But to be honest, the gameplay itself is not <em>just</em> what sells TEW.</p><p> </p><p> TEW is a groundbreaking sim, but what really sells the game is right in front of you: the community. They create the renders, provide skins, write the diaries, re-skin the games, and help new players learn the ropes. </p><p> </p><p> We, (this includes you) the community, make and adjust real world mods to Adam Ryland's amazing game engine. We cut individual workers, provide PPV pictures and belts, and balance game worlds. </p><p> </p><p> And we'll still be here whether or not you eventually purchase TEW 2016. But, the majority of our work will likely go towards the newest, improved version -- and as Adam listens to us and continues to tweak the game, it will get even better over time. </p><p> </p><p> TEW is less expensive than peer games (Football Manager and OOTP) has a more active community, is more immersive and has superior game mechanics than its peers. At 34.00 USD it is an absolute steal.</p>

I was leaning very much towards not buying it when some of the new and removed features was announced. I then played a few days, and was still leaning towards not buying. But after playing the demo more and more, I got hooked and realised some of the new features I was against (eg. the new broadcaster system) was actually a blessing. It works so much better than the old system. So I bought it, and have not yet regretted it.

Honestly, I think, in your case you're not looking for factual information, you're trying to convince yourself by making other people say you should. What does it matter? It's your decision. We can't physically make you buy the game. Agreeing with Steenick, if you're not impressed enough by the demo, then you probably shouldn't buy it.

Seeing as nobody else has suggested this o thought I'd add it..

As your goal for the game is to go from local to global I suggest doing that it the demo. Two months at a time. Set up a local fed or take one over and run it for two months. See how you like things. Then run the next 2 month period as a small fed, next as regional, cult, national etc. See how you like the game at each various stage, how you like the mechanics and features. Then make an informed decision.

You say two months isn't long, but it's longer than we've had before. Honestly, I've only simmed three or four days in a watcher role and I can't WAIT until I am home from holiday and can purchase the game.

I buy the game today and already i put a couple of hours in game i play with WWE very cool and very realistic game and simulation is briliant i have plans for days very good game if you are a wrestling fan and 35$ is not a loat of money i stay in east of europe and a salary is like 300$ so yeah go for it .

Archived