CV 2016 : The Road To Glory

http://i.imgur.com/kKd3ZIh.jpg

<blockquote>New Years Eve 2015

When it comes to New Year, my friends and I always decide to throw on our expensive (and only) suits, before hitting the clubs hoping some young damsels are deluded into thinking that we are some footballers out for a good time. Wine would flow as the tunes played out, and we would decide who was ripe for the picking. We would charm the pants off them, before heading back and ringing in the new year in the best possible way... if you know what I mean.

That's always the plan anyway.. The reality?

http://i.imgur.com/UtfKr6W.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/L4AQxE1.jpg

In reality, we would usually decide to have a couple of beers before going out and then deciding that we look good enough in our jeans and t-shirts. We would attempt to gain access to the local club with the reputation of letting pretty much any girl in, but one of us would usually spout some inane dribble at the bouncer and we'd all get moved on. We'd stumble down the road giving each other crazy challenge such as climbing to the top of a street light, pulling a bicycle stand out the ground or running across a somewhat busy road. Now I never said we were the brightest bulbs in the box. We were young and pretty stupid, and we thought we could do anything.

We were stumbling out of the kebab shop down the road from mine, when my friend Eddie Karkanis decided it was challenge time.

'J.R.. I got one' he slurred in my direction.

Ah wait.. I should probably elaborate here. J.R is just a nickname I was given by my friends, and I'm pretty sure it was one of their mums who came up with it in the first place. Now when we are out and about, its a good way to pretend that I'm some famous persons child who they have selfishly named after themselves, but the truth is a hell of a lot sadder. My actual name is Dallas Deans, but they call me J.R after that bloke from the TV show. Try explaining that to a girl and expecting them to stick around. Not gonna happen.

Anyway.. Back to the story.

'J.R.. I got one' he slurred in my direction whilst leaning against a lampost, or would have been if he had picked the right one. Instead, he comically went sideways and into a hedge.

'What got' I splurted out backwards. I was 3 sheets to the wind and I knew it. Whatever challenge was coming, there was no way that I was going to decline it. 'Ed.. Where the ^$%^ you gone?'

I did mention that we definitely weren't classy guys? We're more beer and burgers than wine and romance, for all of our talk otherwise.

'Down here' the talking hedge replied. 'Mate, I got a great challenge for you. You remember Men Of Steel Combat'

'I can barely remember your name right now. Thats that wrestling company isn't it, with that show on Prime, right?'

'No you knobber, the one that closed a few years back'

I gave the hedge a kick for the insult. It needed to know its place, and the grunt I got back certainly indicated that the pecking order was now correct once more. I looked around for the rest of our group, and they were nowhere to be seen, and probably too trashed to even notice that we had gone.

'I think so.. Most of the guys were drunk in the ring.. They certainly knew how to live'

It was at that point that I realised that I must look crazy to any revellers walking around right now talking to a bush, and I decided to do the only thing I could think of to try and cover why I was standing there talking to myself. I unzipped my flies and let it rip. To his credit, Eddie was too drunk to realise what was really happening and probably just thought it had started raining.

'I dare you to get some guys together and create our own little backyard fed' Eddie said once they rain had stopped. 'We could call it Dallas Does Wrestling!'

'Dallas does your mum' I retorted quickly being as mature as always. 'You know what. Challenge accepted.' as I clumsily typed it into my phone. 'On that note bush, I bid you adieu'

I would love to tell you that I briskly walked home, hopping up the stairs so as not to wake anyone and got a good nights sleep. I really would, but that would be a lie. The truth is that I drunkenly span round, got light headed, took a couple of hurried steps forward and went face first into the street light that Eddie had missed earlier, and all the lights went out. I woke up the next morning with a raging hangover, a giant phallus drawn on my face, and the beginnings of an idea.

</blockquote>End Of The First Post

(O.O.C - Well here we go. An attempt at a diary, and the first since 2014, although the last serious one was in 2012. There will probably be readers that have never read any of my previous stuff, and I wouldn't blame you. I used to try play a concept game like a European training ground, or have a player character with a dark backstory (ie lost love or death of a parent), but life, children and a marriage got in the way of writing. Gone are the moody avatars and in comes an idealistic youngster who thinks he can do anything.

Now, I'm rusty as hell playing TEW so this may well be a short diary, but if I manage to keep the company afloat then I will be attempting to follow the Road To Glory rules here, but in the mean time, if anyone feels like they know a good template more a hardcore style player character, feel free to leave it below.

ALSO!!

Since this company is going to be really small, I'm actually thinking of getting 5 readers along for the ride. If you're interested, then leave your characters name, stats and details below.)

The Bad Idea

Friday Week 1 January 2016

<blockquote> The British government are so anal about everything. In order to me to charge a cover fee for my little challenge, I needed to register under the Ryland Act with forms aplenty. They even wanted to know what sort of product I was offering, and it had taken most of the week to get it all filled in and ready to present.

Product Appeal Definition

Traditional - Low

Mainstream - Very Low

Comedy - Low

Cult - Key Feature

Risque - Heavy

Modern - Medium

Realism - None

Hyper Realism - None

Hardcore - Key Feature

Lucha Libre - None

Pure - None

Daredevil - Medium

Match Intensity - 75%

Match Danger - 65%

After that came some really nonsensical questions from a nondescript government employee.

'How popular is your wrestling promotion?' she enquired with a monotonous drone, as if she had asked this question a thousand time. I did wonder just how many wrestling companies were started that it required this much work, but I doubt she would see the funny side.

'Erm' Its not. We've haven't even put up a flyer yet'

'So it had no momentum' she enquired.

'What kind of question is that..'

'I just ask the questions sir. Does it have any momentum?'

I was drifting off to sleep just listening to her. 'No.. No it doesn't have any momentum'

'Any prestige?'

'I don't even know what prestige is, so no!'

'How much money will your company have at startup?'

I swear I felt the envelope in my pocket twitch when she said that. It was all my savings, plus whatever I could scrounge from friends and family. '$1000, and why did I have to convert it into dollars?'

'I just read the questions sir. Now could you fill in this form about yourself'

Born - May 1997

Gender - Male

Race - White

Nationality - English

Status - Active Wrestler

Style - Brawler

Body Type - Toned Lightweight

Potential - Random

Skills:

Brawling - 50

Puroresu - 50

Hardcore - 60

Chain - 10

Mat - 10

Submissions - 10

Aerial - 50

Flashiness - 50

Basics - 30

Psychology - 45

Safety - 30

Consistency - 30

Selling - 10

Athleticism - 30

Power - 5

Stamina - 60

Toughness - 5

Resilience - 100

Microphone - 10

Charisma - 10

Acting - 10

Star Quality - 1

Sex Appeal - 14

Menace - 20

Announcing - 0

Colour - 0

Refereeing - 0

Respect - 0

Reputation 50

'Sign here please'

And I did

http://hub.jhu.edu/theme/images/magazine/Catherine_signature.png

'Okay. Now, could you tell me about the other people taking part...'</blockquote>

End Of The 2nd Post

So.. Who feels like joining me on this little adventure. If interested, PM me your details much like I posted above

<blockquote>'Okay. Now, could you tell me about the other people taking part...'

Friends were thin on the ground at this point. One of the funniest parts of other peoples challenges was to watch them panic and eventually fail. To that end, very few mates offered to help, except for a few of my odder pals, and some of them were practically certifiable.

'Well there Gilly' I began. Real name Guillermo Bustamante, but we just called him Gilly. He had decided he wanted to be proud warrior for the Incan people and had gone out and brought a mask to wear. 'Guillermo Bustamante. He will be going by the ring name "The Inca Warrior" Pachakamaq, or Pack A Mack as the rest of us are going to call him'

Nothing... Not even a smirk. Was she even alive, or was the government staffing these places with emotionless robots.

'Fill this out' was all the reply I got.

Born - February 1997

Gender - Male

Race - Hispanic

Nationality - Peruvian

Status - Active Wrestler

Style - Cruiserweight

Body Type - Toned Lightweight

Potential - Random

Skills:

Brawling - 25

Puroresu - 10

Hardcore - 35

Chain - 30

Mat - 20

Submissions - 20

Aerial - 40

Flashiness - 60

Basics - 40

Psychology - 50

Safety - 30

Consistency - 40

Selling - 30

Athleticism - 60

Power - 10

Stamina - 60

Toughness - 20

Resilience - 100

Microphone - 40

Charisma - 30

Acting - 40

Star Quality - 40

Sex Appeal - 34

Menace - 10

Announcing - 0

Colour - 0

Refereeing - 0

Respect - 0

Reputation 50

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/GDSRenders/RTG%202016/male7_zpsztjz1qzd.jpg

'There's also James, erm. James Barrett'. James was as stereotypical an irishman as you could get, and full of cliches. I was pretty sure that most of them were just part of his act to charm the ladies, but he seemed to never switch off. 'Going by the ring name The Irish Conqueror'

'Fill this out'

Born - October 1997

Gender - Male

Race - White

Nationality - Irish

Status - Active Wrestler

Style - Brawler

Body Type - Toned Big Heavyweight

Potential - Random

Skills:

Brawling - 60

Puroresu - 0

Hardcore - 50

Chain - 0

Mat - 0

Submissions - 0

Aerial - 0

Flashiness - 30

Basics - 35

Psychology - 45

Safety - 30

Consistency - 45

Selling - 60

Athleticism - 40

Power - 70

Stamina - 40

Toughness - 40

Resilience - 100

Microphone - 0

Charisma - 60

Acting - 0

Star Quality - 70

Sex Appeal - 0

Menace - 75

Announcing - 0

Colour - 0

Refereeing - 0

Respect - 50

'Is there anybody else' the emotionless robot squarked.

'Nope' I was annoyed. 3 of my mates were supposed to have got back to me to confirm that they would take part, but obviously backed out to join the hecklers. 'That's our founders'

'Well in that case..' she began and reached into her desk drawer

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/approved-stamp-23410813.jpg

</blockquote>

Next Time: The First Show

I don't really read much of the diaries anymore, but I just wanted to drop in a word of encouragement. The writing so far has been splendid, I actually chuckled more than a few times reading this. To add to this, I'm not the biggest drinker, but if there is something the Finns and the Brits share, it is the reputation for drinking (especially abroad). So let's just say I found this relatable :)

<div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/GDSRenders/media/RTG%202016/BAD_no_zpsld9ofol6.png.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/GDSRenders/RTG%202016/BAD_no_zpsld9ofol6.png</span></a><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;">

</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Saturday Week 2 January 2016</strong></span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;">

Coming to you from The Paddington Club</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;">

'The Inca Warrior' Pachakamaq </span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong>Vs</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> Dallas Deans</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;">

</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"><em>Hardcore Match</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;">

Cain Carlile </span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"><strong><span style="font-size:10px;">Vs</span></strong></span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> Derrek Merrick</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;">

</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"><em>Hardcore Match</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;">

'The Irish Conqueror' James Barrett </span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong>Vs</strong></span></span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"> Russel Nixon</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;">

</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma;"><em>Weapons Match for the Bad Idea Championship</em></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Tahoma;">

</span></p></div><p></p>

<p><strong>'The Inca Warrior' Pachakamaq</strong> Vs Dallas Deans</p><p>

Hardcore Match</p><p> </p><p>

Cain Carlile Vs <strong>Derrek Merrick</strong></p><p>

'<strong>The Irish Conqueror' James Barrett</strong> Vs Russel Nixon</p><p>

Weapons Match for the Bad Idea Championship</p>

<p><strong>'The Inca Warrior' Pachakamaq</strong> Vs Dallas Deans</p><p>

Cain Carlile Vs <strong>Derrek Merrick</strong></p><p>

<strong>'The Irish Conqueror' James Barrett </strong>Vs Russel Nixon</p><p>