Modern Warriors data available to all modders

He's gone and done, the absolute madman!

Those of you who've been playing my mods for a long time know I've always been protective over my creation, and have asked people not use my material unless it's for historic mods. This was always something that irked me; as another modder said, it felt like writing most of a novel then waking up one day to learn someone took your years of work, stuck their own ending on it, and released it as their own.

That said, I don't have the time for modding that I used to, and the volume in events and fighters has increased so dramatically that the time commitment has really skyrocketed. So with that in mind, I'm releasing the reigns a little. I'm not quitting and will have an update out shortly, but for those of you who modify my mod and have thought about posting updated versions I say knock yourself out. Tipping your hat to Modern Warriors is always appreciated but most people will probably be able to tell where it came from regardless.

So go crazy. Use the data, use the images and pic pack. Create something fun.

Thanks for doing this. Always loved and appreciated your mods, and look forward to any updates, but it'll be cool to see if others pick it up and put their own spin on things. The more options, the better. Although I hope everyone who uses your work as a base will at least put a thank you in there.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>This include pics as well?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks a ton man. This might influence to actually finish up my 1998 that I've been doing mostly myself, and then merge in the Modern Warriors database and update it to a 2008 period (2008-2012 were my favorite years in the sport).</p>

Damn, a 2008 mod would be fun as hell, hope you finish soon

Couture in contract dispute, Lesnar moving through the division, Anderson and GSP in their primes. EliteXC had Carano and Limbo. Strikeforce was becoming a national force. Affliction started with a couple stacked cards, and Dream was rebuilding JMMA. It was a great time.

Archived