Broadcasting deals are problematic

I don't know where to put general feedback right now but I'm hoping to spark some discussion and maybe get a plea for help heard by the big man upstairs. (Adam)

Currently the broadcasting system is problematic for historical mods. Without being able to assign a broadcasting deal to specific shows or at a bare minimum specific types of shows, it's impossible to get close to reflecting historical accuracy without game breaking negative impacts on gameplay or vice versa.

If you set wwf for example to have a deal with nbc meant to replicate snme and give them snme as a special, they will either not use it or they'll put another show on it if they can meet those requirement.

As a mod maker it creates a huge dilemma because you can't set up a useful broadcasting system for the ai and the player.

I think at at a minimum we need to have the option to assign broadcasting deals to specific type of deals like ppv, tv or specials.

What have other mod makers experienced or come up with as solutions? Anyone else think any to plea to a higher power to save us?

<p>It definitely needs something to stop the potential of so many TV Specials. At the moment it really is a case of the game being more Adamistic rather than realistic and Adamistically anything could happen whereas realistically you wouldnt have every event being televised if you're Regional or even killed for having job matches...fair enough show breakdown is another debate. </p><p> </p><p>

Maybe we could get never on TV for Events and the return of Never on PPV or a Company could have a never look for televised Events drop down.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41764" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think at at a minimum we need to have the option to assign broadcasting deals to specific type of deals like ppv, tv or specials.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can do precisely that via the Era controls.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41764" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can do precisely that via the Era controls.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not really Adam, because you can only limit Specials and PPV. You can't allow PPV, but not have Specials.</p>

<p>You can't Adam.</p><p> </p><p>

Every test I've performed in 91 I give wcw a deal with tbs designed for them to do clash with clash set as an active special and not a single time have they held it.</p><p> </p><p>

We need the ability to specify at the contract level what it is for.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41764" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can't Adam.<p> </p><p> Every test I've performed in 91 I give wcw a deal with tbs designed for them to do clash with clash set as an active special and not a single time have they held it.</p><p> </p><p> We need the ability to specify at the contract level what it is for.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, that's not what I'm talking about. The Era allows you to lock PPV broadcaster deals only for use on events rather than TV.</p><p> </p><p> In regards to specials, the AI won't use them so mod makers shouldn't be doing them in the first place. They're for human players only. So it's irrelevant whether broadcasters use them or not.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41764" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> In regards to specials, the AI won't use them so mod makers shouldn't be doing them in the first place. They're for human players only. So it's irrelevant whether broadcasters use them or not.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!</p>

<p>The problem is that makes it hard to setup historical mods when you have the feature right there to use!</p><p> </p><p>

Wcw early 90s put on nothing special tv tapings and then a great clash on tbs</p><p> </p><p>

Wwf in the 80s basically put job specials on tv regularly with snme serving as a big Tv special on nbc</p><p> </p><p>

We have the feature to replicate this but not the control</p>

The problem is that makes it hard to setup historical mods when you have the feature right there to use!

Yes - but it's not a historical simulator. I've done my very best to allow as much customisation as possible so that people who want that can get as close as they can, but if you're looking to create something that the game isn't designed for then I'm afraid you'll have to fudge some things or make compromises, that's the nature of the beast. The TV specials that you want can only be done for human players, that's as close as you can get. You have to make your mods around what the game can do, the game doesn't change to fit your needs. The DOTT project is a prime example of doing a great job in adapting to the limitations of the game to create the best possible result.

Archived