The High Ratings and Buyrates

I've been working on a mod ever since TEW came out, and currently I've been trying to set company popularities, broadcaster sizes, area trends, etc. so that the TV ratings and PPV buyrates for national+ companies wouldn't be so monstrous.

I've been doing simming with the default CVerse data, as well, and it seems like even TCW with medium coverage in US and Canada gets over a million PPV buys. I'm aware TEW is not meant to be a reality simulator, but am I the only who is a little bummed out by the inflated ratings and buys? Currently, I don't really have a way of judging how well I'm doing since I'm accustomed to real life ratings and buys in deciding whether a real life event or TV show was a success.

In recent memory, the most amount of buzz surrounding a North American non-WrestleMania, non-Big 4 wrestling PPV was Money in the Bank 2011, which drew 195,000 buys worldwide. That's worldwide. So, that would be a PPV with "normal" prestige, with a lot of buzz surrounding it to boot.

CM Punk being overrated and not being able to draw notwithstanding..

SWF just did 2.3 MILLION between US, Canada and Mexico. That's quite a lot.

I have WWF as a just barely National size in 1993, USA Network having Big coverage in the US, I have the trends of WWF's product settings as unpopular in the US, and RAW still draws around five million views every week, sometimes more. I also have the Wrestling Industry set as the lowest.

I guess wrestling, in general, is just more popular in the CVerse universe, for which the game is designed for. :p

I guess I can try making WWF Cult sized, but I'm not sure about that either. All I know is that, in 1993, no one was watching the WWF, and I'd like to simulate the challenges that they were facing back then.

<p>In the options menu (where Kenny Deaths are) isn't there a setting for buy rates/ratings?</p><p> </p><p>

It may not give you the exact numbers you want, but it's a start. Would eras affect anything? (I have never done any modding so I don't know).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41809" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In the options menu (where Kenny Deaths are) isn't there a setting for buy rates/ratings?<p> </p><p> It may not give you the exact numbers you want, but it's a start. Would eras affect anything? (I have never done any modding so I don't know).</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> "Therefore, the bigger the number, the smaller TV ratings will be."</p><p> </p><p> The default level is 750,000, yet the max. is 750,000 so you can't make it lower.</p>

<p>Oh, I wasn't talking about ratings system, I was talking about the absolute viewers. I mean, it's not like this is a big deal, or anything, I was just wondering if it could be possible to have a National sized company that scores around 2-3 million viewers in primetime - which I believe is around what RAW was doing at the time, since today's ratings are close to those early-to-mid 90s ratings.</p><p> </p><p>

But I know, I know: it's not a reality simulator, etc.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FlameSnoopy" data-cite="FlameSnoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41809" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"Therefore, the bigger the number, the smaller TV ratings will be."<p> </p><p> The default level is 750,000, yet the max. is 750,000 so you can't make it lower.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good to know. There's a lot of options I haven't really explored.</p>

I've been working on a mod ever since TEW came out, and currently I've been trying to set company popularities, broadcaster sizes, area trends, etc. so that the TV ratings and PPV buyrates for national+ companies wouldn't be so monstrous.

I've been doing simming with the default CVerse data, as well, and it seems like even TCW with medium coverage in US and Canada gets over a million PPV buys. I'm aware TEW is not meant to be a reality simulator, but am I the only who is a little bummed out by the inflated ratings and buys? Currently, I don't really have a way of judging how well I'm doing since I'm accustomed to real life ratings and buys in deciding whether a real life event or TV show was a success.

In recent memory, the most amount of buzz surrounding a North American non-WrestleMania, non-Big 4 wrestling PPV was Money in the Bank 2011, which drew 195,000 buys worldwide. That's worldwide. So, that would be a PPV with "normal" prestige, with a lot of buzz surrounding it to boot.

CM Punk being overrated and not being able to draw notwithstanding..

SWF just did 2.3 MILLION between US, Canada and Mexico. That's quite a lot.

I have WWF as a just barely National size in 1993, USA Network having Big coverage in the US, I have the trends of WWF's product settings as unpopular in the US, and RAW still draws around five million views every week, sometimes more. I also have the Wrestling Industry set as the lowest.

I guess wrestling, in general, is just more popular in the CVerse universe, for which the game is designed for. :p

I guess I can try making WWF Cult sized, but I'm not sure about that either. All I know is that, in 1993, no one was watching the WWF, and I'd like to simulate the challenges that they were facing back then.

I really think that USA would be labeled as Medium during 93. Not everyone had cable, kind of like how from 95-2004 not everyone had the internet. TBS would probably be considered Big. I'd balance it out by having Raw be prime time and WCW Saturday Night being in the early evening time slot.

Archived