The Ontario Wrestling Company - Edge & Christian's Personal Project

The Ontario Wrestling Company

A small, independent wrestling promotion operating out of Toronto, the OWC was started by childhood friends Edge & Christian. The roster is made up of a varied talent pool consisting of established names, local Canadian workers and international imports. Their personal pet project, their goal is to discover and develop the next round of independent talent with their friends in the industry lending the occasional helpful hand.

Staff Members

Announcers: Adam Copeland & Christian Cage

Referee: Dominic Fiorito

Interviewer: Beth Phoenix

Roster

A.R. Fox

Known around the world for his jaw-dropping aerial offense, A.R. Fox has won matches and collected titles across the globe. He has garnered a reputation as an exciting high flier which has seen him become a strong fan favorite over time. Since joining OWC, his eccentric in-ring style has been matched with an ever-increasingly eccentric wardrobe.

Alex Silva

If you were to look up 'bad attitude' in the dictionary, you'd find a picture of Alex Silva. Silva is of Canadian/Portuguese descent but for all his talent still walks around with a chip on his shoulder. Notoriously bad-tempered, Silva is obsessed with not only challenging others, but establishing himself as top dog.

w/ Diannah Nicole

Diannah Nicole (formerly Alexia Nicole) is a Canadian professional wrestler of Italian descent. The girlfriend of the equally bad-tempered Alex Silva, her nasty attitude and bossy nature does well in riling Alex's opponents and giving him the advantage.

Ashley Sixx

Ashley Sixx is a veteran wrestler from Canada originally trained by Eric Young. Everybody has a story, but Ashley's is a little bit different. He was diagnosed with Advanced Stage-3 Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2013. Not only did he beat cancer, he's since made a full return to the ring. Not allowing anything to slow him down, his mission is now to make an impact and finally put his name on the map as a top-tier independent professional wrestler.

Chris Sabin

Most wrestling fans know who Chris Sabin is. A pioneer of the modern high-flying style, Sabin's accomplishments inside the ring are well known. However, since leaving TNA his name isn't seen as regularly as it was once. Determined to get his career back on track, Sabin is looking to re-establish himself as one of the elite on the independents.

Darin Childs

"The Rock and Roll Nightmare" Darin Childs looks like he doesn't care. That's probably because he doesn't and that's what makes him dangerous. Darin was trained by Ivan Putski (and is married to his granddaughter Rachel) and is no slouch in the ring. However, his calling card is his hardcore brawling style, which makes him stand out amongst the other competitors in the OWC.

Dave Mastiff

Dave Mastiff goes by many names such as 'The Human Hate Machine' and 'Big Bad'. Hailing from The Black Country in England, Mastiff is a huge mountain of a man. Even more surprising is watching him in the ring, as his bulky frame moves more fluidly than any big man should. He doesn't talk much, but his in-ring performance says all it needs to.

Davey Boy Smith Jr

In case you didn't know, Davey Boy has some wrestling pedigree. The son of the late British Bulldog, Davey Boy has yet to see his career hit the heights any predicted for him back at the start. An accomplished grappler, Davey Boy is looking to mastermind a resurgence and fulfill the promise he has always shown.

Dominik Petrov

Formally known as Alex Koslov, Dominik Petrov is a dual-sport superstar from Russia. Originally a top-level footballer in Russia, Petrov excelled and played for the under-21s national team. Unfortunately, his hot temper would often land him in trouble and he was consistently on the receiving end of bans and disciplinaries. Eventually, he made the choice to switch to wrestling where his aggression and ruthlessness would serve him well, which it certainly has to date.

Ethan Page

It's not confidence, it's all ego. Arguably, this young Canadian worker writes cheques that he shouldn't be able to cash. However, his in-ring successes point to the fact that he might, just possibly, be able to back it up in the ring. He's still a bit of a cocky twat though.

Kenny Omega

This larger than life personality is only interested in money and collecting championships. His nickname 'The Cleaner' is in reference to his role as the strong arm of the Bullet Club. Now looking to step out on his own, don't let his arrogance fool you; this man has the in-ring skills to back up his claims.

Marshall & Ross Von Erich

Ross & Marshall are the sons of Kevin Von Erich and the grandsons of Fritz Von Erich. They have been teaming together since their professional debut in 2012. Both brothers believe they have a god-given right to dominate in the business, all because of their last name. Ross, with dark hair and the shorter of the two, does most of the talking. Marshall is the quieter and younger of the brothers however his football player-like arrogance is still more than evident.

Mike Rollins

'Psycho' Mike Rollins has an unorthodox style and can frequently be seen shouting nonsensical things during his matches. His tenacity in the ring has seen him become respected by the fans and he remains a dangerous threat to his fellow competitors.

Rhino

A man who needs no introduction (but is getting one anyway) is 22-year veteran Rhino. He has wrestled for almost every major wrestling company and enjoyed degrees of success in all of them. Still looking as good as ever, Rhino has come to OWC to end his career on a high with one big, last run.

Ricochet

Ricochet is an American professional wrestler who was born in Illinois but now resides in Orlando. Ricochet has traveled the world and taken on all-comers, never backing down from a fight. His style is based in lucha libre but he has recently incorporated a modern, striking style which has seen his in-ring work hit new heights.

Sinn Bodhi

Sinn Bodhi is known for being one of the most colorful personalities in the wrestling business. Growing up as a genuine carnival side-show performer, Bodhi has been an in-ring competitor for 16 years. Many see Bodhi has a hard-working competitor who has never been given his due. Bodhi has one last shot to prove to the world that he has got what it takes to be a top-level star.

Urban Miles

The very definition of a wrestling hipster, Urban Miles likes everything that you don't. It's hard to understand his motivation for coming to OWC given that he speaks exclusively in French Canadian. It is said he does this deliberately to wind people up and his demeanor is alienating to both fans and wrestlers alike.

Will Ospreay

Will Ospreay is young professional wrestler from Essex, England. His athletic in-ring performances have resulted in him starting to gain quite the name for himself. His sometimes foul mouth can not detract from his spectacular arsenal of innovative moves.

Zack Sabre Jr

Zack Sabre Jr is an accomplished British wrestler who has experience of working all over the globe. Now teaming with fellow Brit Will Osprey, this team have all the tools to be the most exciting team in the world. He is the backbone that holds the team together and has unlimited potential.

<p>Lets Get It Started! (Chapter 1)</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:#8B0000;"><strong>Chapter 1: Let's Get It Started!</strong></span></span></p><p>

<strong>Location:</strong> Avalon Ballroom, Ontario, Canada</p><p>

<strong>Attendance:</strong> 500 people</p><p> </p><p>

<em>The lights go out as the bassline from 'Let's Get It Started' by the Black Eyed Peas starts playing. As the song reaches the chorus, the house lights turn back on prompting excited cheers from the crowd. Shortly after, the music dies down to allow 'Metalingus' by Alterbridge to play as Adam Copeland comes out into the arena and enters the ring.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Edge:</strong></p><p>

"Thank you so much for that reaction, I appreciate you all coming out tonight. Ever since I retired, I've been asked if I'm going to do anything else in the wrestling business.. well now you have your answer."</p><p> </p><p>

<em>The audience show their appreciation with a 'Thank you Edge' chant.</em></p><p> </p><p>

"No please, thank <em>you</em>. Tonight's been the most nervous I've been for a while, I genuinely thought nobody was going to show up. To repay you, I've got an incredible bunch of guys back there just raring to give you a good show. I promise you, some of the people you'll see tonight are going to blow your socks off! </p><p> </p><p>

Speaking of which, these guys I'm bringing out have been making headlines the world over and you're about to see why. They're from the UK and they're absolutely incredible; please welcome Will Ospreay & Zack Sabre Jr!"</p><p> </p><p>

<em>The crowd clap their appreciate as Osprey & Sabre enter the arena. They make their way down the aisle and shake Adam's hand as they enter the ring and await their opponents.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match One:</span></strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Will Ospreay & Zack Sabre Jr vs. Dominik Petrov & Urban Miles</span></p><p> </p><p>

An exciting high-flying match to open the show and get the OWC era off to a flying start. The match ends when Sabre lands some hand kicks on Miles and Ospreay hits him with the Essex Destroyer. Both british wrestlers stay in the ring to a standing ovation from the crowd.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Two:</span></strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Mike Rollins vs. ?</span></p><p>

<em>'Psycho' Mike Rollins comes out with a microphone in hand.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rollins:</strong></p><p>

"I've got some good news, and some bad news everybody.."</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Rollins continues down the aisle and rolls into the ring.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rollins:</strong></p><p>

"The good news is that I've just finalised by contract for the Ontario Wrestling Company, so I'll shortly get to perform for you wonderful people..</p><p> </p><p>

The bad news is that it's only just gone through and apparently it's too late for me to be added to the card. That means I don't have an opponent tonight. But after seeing Will & Zack make an impact just now, I'm not going to let my opportunity pass.</p><p> </p><p>

That's why I'm asking anybody in the back there who wants to come and face-off with Mr Mike Rollins, just come out and accept my open challenge."</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Rollins drops the mic and starts pacing until he is cut off by the "Big Bad" Dave Mastiff. There are audible gasps from people in the audience as the huge mountain of a man walks past them and enters the ring. He goes face-to-face with Rollins with an expressionless face.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Two:</span></strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Mike Rollins vs. Dave Mastiff</span></p><p>

This match is mercifully short, but that doesn't stop Mastiff from showing his surprisingly athletic ability. The 'Human Hate Machine' dominates Mike Rollins before he pins him after a rolling splash into the corner.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Three:</span></strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Ashley Sixx vs. Darrin Childs</span></p><p>

This match starts off as gradually as both men feel each other out with some mat-based wrestling. Eventually, the heat intensifies as it grows into an all-our brawl between the two hard-hitting men. The match is won by Sixx with a 44 Caliber Love Letter superkick to the face. Sixx waits for Childs to recover and get back to his feet before both men share a handshake to the delight of the crowd.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Four:</span></strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Davey Boy Smith Jr vs. Rhino</span></p><p>

Davey Boy gets the early advantage with his youthful exuberance but it doesn't take long for Rhino to use a cheap shot to gain the upper hand. Rhino controls the match for a while but isn't able to put Davey Boy away. Davey Boy starts gaining momentum until Rhino cuts him off and hits The Gore for the win.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event:</span></strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Chris Sabin vs. Ricochet</span></p><p>

This match could be considered a 'dream match' of sorts and is a fine main event to the first ever OWC show. This match lives up to the hype and is a high-flying spectacle with a surprinsgly firm grasp of psychology throughout. The ending to the match is a jaw-dropping sequence where Ricochet just manages to edge Sabin with a double rotation Moonsault. Afterwards, Sabin hits the mat out of frustration. After teasing an attack on Ricochet afterwards, he gives him a respectful nod before backing out of the ring to give Ricochet his moment. Ricochet applauds the crowd before heading backstage.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Just before Ricochet's music finished playing, none other than Adam Copeland re-emerges from behind the curtain to a surprised cheer from the crowd.</em></p><p> </p><p>

"Hold on, just before you go.. I'm sure you'd agree that was a fitting main event for our first show. However, there is something else that needs to be addressed and that is who is going to be our first ever champion. Originally that was going to be decided at a later date but, after speaking with my good friend Christian backstage, we thought we'd give back to you all with a surprise double main event.</p><p> </p><p>

With that, I'd like to announce the following battle royal with the winner being crowned the first ever Ontario State Champion!"</p><p> </p><p>

<em>The audience cheers and the fans who had started heading to the exit rush back to the seats as we get our second main event underway.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event:</span></strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> 10 Man Battle Royal for the Ontario State Championship:</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Featuring:</strong></p><p>

<em>A.R. Fox, Alex Silva, Ashley Sixx, Chris Sabin, Davey Boy Smith Jr, Dominik Petrov, Ethan Page, Kenny Omega, Ricochet, Sinn Bodhi</em></p><p> </p><p>

All ten men start in the ring and the match is contested under the traditional over-the-top rope elimination rules. Notable moments include Dominick Petrov being the first eliminated and then throwing chairs around ringside in frustration afterwards.</p><p> </p><p>

Halfway through the match, Chris Sabin is eliminated by Ricochet. Sabin is visibly frustrated on the floor outside. After being defeated by Ricochet a second time in one night, Sabin can't hide his anger and pulls the top rope down as Ricochet gets whipped into them, causing him to crash over the top to the outside. Sabin looks surprised at his actions and tries to help Ricochet to his feet, apologising profusely. Ricochet is having none of it and shoves Sabin away before marching backstage.</p><p> </p><p>

The final four competitors are Ethan Page, Ashley Sixx, Alex Silva and Kenny Omega. Just as all four are about to square off; Silva, Page & Omega all turn to Sixx and surround him. Seeing what is about to happen, Sixx decides to go down swinging. The three-on-one advantage is too much however and he is eventually thrown over the top by Silva. The three remaining competitors look smug as the huddle in the middle of the ring. After a phoney game of rock-paper-scissors, Page throws himself over the top rope before Omega reluctantly does the same. Silva drops to his knees in fake surprise and celebrates his title win. The crowd call bullshit as all three men, along with Silva's valet Diannah, celebrate with the title in the end.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Winner and NEW Ontario State Champion: Alex Silva!</strong></p>

Archived