NYCW: Death of the Territories

COTT Secret Headquarters…

“Nice main event,” sneered Mitch Naess.

“It happens. We'll top it next year,” said Vessey.

“If you’re around next year,” replied Naess.

“We’re fine,” said Vessey. “If I were you I’d be more worried about your tin pot promotion.”

“Gentlemen please,” said Sam Keith.

The men around the circular table turned their eyes to the coiffured hair at the head of the table. He looked at the stack of papers in front of him, shuffled them and then sighed.

“Mid Atlantic Wrestling is in trouble,” he said. “I’ve reinvested some of my own funds, but we have some serious financial problems.”

Silence filled the smoky room.

“Anyone else having trouble?” he added.

The owners looked from one to another awkwardly. Eventually the huge Puerto Rican man raised his hand. It must have been something about seeing a man of that size admitting to problems that lead a few of the others to do the same. The flamboyant Daedelus from Canada and his countryman Troy Winner too.

Mitch Naess scowled momentarily and raised his hand too.

Larry slumped smugly into his chair and crossed his arms. Even if he was in financial trouble, he was old school. He’d never admit it to the people he still considered the opposition.

Cliff also kept his hand down and looked around in some surprise at his fellow owners.

“May I recommend we all drop our production values for the time being?” said Keith. “It might be the only way to keep ourselves and the Alliance alive.”

There was a murmur of agreement. Then, suddenly a phone rang.

The owners checked their mobiles but the ringing persisted. Keith stood up and followed the sound to a cupboard in the wooden panels along the side of the room. He opened it and pulled out a bright red phone with a long chord.

Placing it on the table, he picked up the receiver.

“Hello?” he said.

“…”

“Yes they’re all here.”

“…”

Keith pressed a button on the handset of the phone.

“Gentlemen, I’ve seen your finances. It’s not looking good,” said the voice of Allen Packer. “My offers still stand for anyone who wants them. Oh and in case you’re wondering, I installed the phone after the last meeting. Seemed like a good idea to be able to speak to you without having to come all the way down to you. Anyway, have a nice day.”

The receiver clicked and the owners all looked sheepishly at one another.

Next time on Death of the Territories… A Year in Review 2016.

New York City…

Happy new year Grimm Quibble. You’re fired.

You’re a great performer, but you’re too expensive sadly. All the best in your future endevours.

2017 stretched out before us and looking at our books, we had some problems. Aside from always losing money, we only had $151k in the bank. To mitigate any further big losses, we’d return to The Ministry until we had a guaranteed sell-out at Pencil Park. We’d leave production values at the lowest (except music) and we’d have to look to regenerate the roster sometime after our big show in March (Empire City Showdown).

A look into our region told us it was E- economy and F+ industry and both were falling, which meant even more lean months ahead. Never mind.

Anyway, year in review, so let’s look at the world of wrestling at the close of 2016

Yearly Awards

Wrestler – Yoshimi Mushashibto

Company – PGHW

Team – Kawashima & Koiso

Match – Duane Stone vs. Steve DeColt (NOTBPW Super Slam)

Show – NOTBPW Summer Smash

Young Wrestler – Jormungand

Veteran Wrestler – Steve DeColt

Female Wrestler – Amber Allen

Most Improved Company – NYCW!!!!!

Indy Wrestler – Atlantis Jr.

Manager – Mac Guffin

Announcer – Duane Fry

Colour Commentator – Eduardo Prieto

Referee – Francis Long

Well that was a turnup. I never expected us to win a yearly award at this stage. Clearly word of our roster of super-talents had the wrestling world tongues wagging. Beautiful.

The Power 500 is always fun and in 2016 here are the top 10:

1. Yoshimi Mushashibto

2. Duane Stone

3. Johnny Bloodstone

4. Steve DeColt

5. Sean McFly

6. Kozue Kawashima

7. Masaru Ugaki

8. PRIDE Koiso

9. Champagne Lover

10. Own Love

From NYCW we could offer:

#417 Ernest Youngman

#37 Greg Gauge (Oh boy!)

#468 Logan Wolfsbaine

#176 Tommasso Milano

In terms of the rest of the wrestling world, let’s have a look at some of the big North American companies:

All Canada Pro Wrestling

#36 promotion

Owner: Daedalus Buchinsky

Head Booker: Face Nelson

Prestige: E

Momentum: C

Titles:

ACPW Canadian Regional – Mimic

ACPW Junior Heavyweight – Grimm Quibble

ACPW Tag Team – OMG (Devyn Reynaud & Kamikaze)

Canadian Charisma Championship Combat

#20 promotion

Owner: Troy Winner

Head Booker: Too Hot

Prestige: D

Momentum: D+

Titles:

4C Championship – Joe Gilbert

4C Hardcore Championship – Chris Flynn

4C Tag Team Championship – Sky High (Leftie Wilkes & Hugh de Aske)

Canadian Golden Combat

#10 promotion

Owner: Alex DeColt

Head Booker: Alex DeColt

Prestige: C

Momentum: C+

Titles:

CGC Canadian – Joey Poison

CGC World – Jack DeColt

CGC World Tag Team – Two Aces (Ryan Powell & Blockbuster)

Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling

#18 promotion

Owner: Cliff Anderson

Head Booker: William ‘The Guru’ Peers

Prestige: D

Momentum: B-

Titles:

Coastal Zone Championship – Masked Cougar

Coastal Zone Tag Team – Rich and Famous (Jackport Jordan & Jake Idol)

Coastal Zone Xtreme – Air Attack Weasel

FREEDOM Caribbean Wrestling

#33 promotion

Owner: Puerto Rican Power

Head Booker: Handsome Stranger

Prestige: D-

Momentum: D

Titles:

FCW People’s Championship – Joffy Laine

FCW Puerto Rican – Leper Messiah

FCW Tag Team – The Puerto Rican Boys (Kid San Juan & Island Boy Apollo)

Grimm SoCal Wrestling

#28 promotion

Owner: Brother Grimm

Head Booker: CJ Weston

Prestige: E-

Momentum: D+

Titles:

GSW American – Jake Idol

GSW King of California 2016 – Masked Cougar

GSW Tag Team – Dead Men Walking (Gravedigga & Mobstar)

GSW West Coast – Fiasco Fierce

Invincible Pro Wrestling

#29 promotion

Owner: Gil Thomas

Head Booker: Nemesis

Prestige: E-

Titles:

IPW Californian – Masked Stranger

IPW Championship – Lug Phelan

IPW Tag Team Championship – Mexican Hardcore Killers (E-Z & Sanchez Villano)

Mid Atlantic Wrestling

#27 promotion

Owner: Sam Keith

Head Booker: Jay Fair

Titles:

Mid Atlantic American – Nate DeMarcus

Mid Atlantic Championship – Cheetah Boy

Mid Atlantic Tag Team – Copperhead & Bradley Blaze

Rip Chord Invitational 2016 – Nicolas Lopez

Sam Keith Classic 2016 – Roderick Remus & Cheetah Boy

North of the Border Pro Wrestling

#8 promotion

Owner: Jeremy Stone

Head Booker: Victoria Stone-McFly

Prestige: B-

Momentum: A

Titles:

NOTBPW Canadian – Johnny Bloodstone

NOTBPW Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup 2016 – Sean McFly & Tim Westybrook

NOTBPW Tag Team – No Remorse (Cameron Vessey & Shooter Sean Deeley)

NOTBPW Television – Lee Bennett

NOTBPW Womens – Kaede Sugiyama

Pittsburgh Steel Wrestling

#19 promotion

Owner: Mitch Naess

Head Booker: Alex Braun

Momentum: C-

Titles:

PSW Championship – JD Morgan

PSW National – Logan Wolfsbaine

PSW Tag Team – Logan Wolfsbaine & Xavier Reckless

Supreme Wrestling Federation

#1 promotion

Owner: Richard Eisen

Head Booker: Jerry Eisen

Prestige: B+

Momentum: B+

Titles:

SWF North American – Joey Morgan

SWF World Heavyweight – Skull DeBones

SWF World Tag Team – The Awesomeness (Huey Cannonball & Jefferson Stardust)

Total Championship Wrestling

#4 promotion

Owner: Kyle Rhodes

Head Booker: Brent Hill

Momentum: B+

Titles:

TCW International – Eddie Chandler

TCW World Heavyweight – Joshua Taylor

TCW World Tag Team – The New Wave (Guide & Scout)

United States Pro Wrestling

#2 promotion

Owner: Allen Packer

Head Booker: Robbie Sanchez

Momentum: B-

Titles:

USPW National – Eddie Howard

USPW Television – Trent Shaffer

USPW Womens – Raven Robinson

USPW World – Steve Frehley

USPW World Tag Team – The Cold Warriors (Krusher Karloff & Petr Novak)

By the way we were a regional company ranked 25th in the world, for those that care.

That’s the whole world of wrestling as we know it.

Next time on Death of the Territories… 2017 starts in earnest.

New York City…

CZCW aren’t messing around. Their Revolution show was main evented with a Masked Cougar vs. Tigre Salvaje Jr match rated B. PSW had their Born to Raise Hell 2017 event which was main evented with Mighty Mo (their new signing) defeating Grandmaster Phunk and Teddy Powell in a C+ match. The show as a whole got C-. Tough act to follow.

In big and sad news, Dane Stone passed away. We sent a condolences card. We’re nice like that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TCPinho/NYCW%20Old%20School.jpg

NYCW Old School 12: The Road to the Showdown

Thursday, Week 4, January 2017

The Ministry, Queens, New York City, New York

Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT!)

OPENING TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH: The Southern Stars defeated Old School Principals and The Boys From The Yukon in 12:35; the order of elimination was The Boys From The Yukon first, and then Old School Principals. (D-)

Decent way to start us off and I felt I needed to give the Southern Stars a tick in the win column. Poor blighters have been left behind a bit.

SINGLES MATCH: William Jetterson defeated Xavi Ferrera in 10:22 by submission with a Viper Vice after blatantly cheating. (D)

Good match with plenty of story-telling to get William over a bit more and warm up the crowd for later. Solid hands both of these guys.

SINGLES MATCH: Harvey Robbinfield defeated Austin Smooth in 9:45 by pinfall with an Omega Driver. (D-)

Like the last match it was an opportunity to display the talents of our younger workers. Smooth has gone from winning streak to mini losing streak. Can he rebound?

ANGLE: The Milano Crew are out to challenge the Ring Generals to singles matches in order to get another shot at the COTT World Tag Team Titles. (D)

SINGLES MATCH: Andrew Harper defeated Dean Waldorf in 9:39 by pinfall with a Spike Slam after Honest Frank Milano interfered. (D+)

Good stuff from both guys. Harper is a bit of a problem because he really doesn’t get on with Larry and has morale issues because of it, but he’s good and we keep pushing him and praising him to try and keep him happy.

ANGLE: Ross Henry comes out with his King of New York title. He runs down the coward Tommasso and says that at Empire City Showdown, he’s going to finish the reign of terror for good. (B)

SINGLES MATCH: Brutus Milano defeated Marv Statler in 9:44 by submission with an Italian Backbreaker after interference from Honest Frank Milano. (D-)

Not as good as Andrew/Dean, but another win. They may have cheated, but they’ve got their title shot and we’ll have that at Empire City Showdown too.

SINGLES MATCH: Steve Flash defeated Robin DaLay in 9:50 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. (D)

Flash’s new gimmick is old veteran who wants to teach the young punks a lesson. Good way to help train up the up-and-comers I feel.

ANGLE: Greg Gauge is out to run down Logan. He wants a title and he’ll be damned if a bald nobody is going to stop the son of Sam Keith. ©

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE: Greg Gauge defeated Logan Wolfsbaine © in 12:54 by submission with a Proton Lock after blatantly cheating. (B-)

Ooof! Another classic between these two with amazing chemistry. It would probably have to be the last, but my God is it tempting to run it one last time at Empire City Showdown.

ANGLE: Tommasso is out for a strip-tease, which he dedicates to his biggest fan… Ross Henry. (B)

TAG TEAM MATCH: Ernest Youngman and Ross Henry drew with Tommasso Milano and Honest Frank Milano in 23:24 when the match descended into chaos. (C-)

Well Honest Frank certainly dragged this match down. Disappointing really, but without him it probably would have been an absolute classic.

SHOW RATING: D

Ugh. I guess that’ll be the production penalties. Might have to rethink before the big show in March. Otherwise we’ll have no fans left.

MAW then ran Rip Chord Invitational XII, which was won by Cheetah Boy.

We came last in regional battles and lost $9k. This was not great news.

Next time on Death of the Territories… It’s the last stop before Empire City Showdown I. What have we got planned?

New York City…

Slow news month here and then the day of the show I realise Ernest Youngman, Logan Wolfsbaine and Xavi Ferrera are all working elsewhere tonight.

Bugger.

NYCW Old School 13: Final Countdown

Thursday, Week 4, February 2017

The Ministry, Queens, New York City, New York

Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT!)

OPENING TAG TEAM TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: The Southern Stars defeated Old School Principals and The Boys From The Yukon in 13:23; the order of elimination was Old School Principals first, and then The Boys From The Yukon. (D-)

Another win for the Southern Stars as we build up tag teams ready for the blow-off of the main tag team feud.

SINGLES MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated Robin DaLay in 9:38 by pinfall with a Fireman's Carry Cutter. (D-)

Another win for Smooth who is back on track for his mini-push. Eventually I’ll have to step him up. Perhaps he needs a tag team partner.

SINGLES MATCH: Brutus Milano defeated Dean Waldorf in 11:33 by submission with an Italian Backbreaker after interference from Honest Frank Milano. (D)

A better match from Brutus here and once again the cheating Italian family steal one from the heroes.

SINGLES MATCH: Andrew Harper drew with Marv Statler in 11:03 following a double count out. (D)

Slightly disappointing match right here, but it’s the final step before the big blow-off rubber match at Empire State Showdown.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is here for a final promo to tell Tommasso that the end is near for him. (B)

SINGLES MATCH: Steve Flash defeated William Jetterson in 13:23 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. (C-)

Good match from these two and William delviers once again. Time to move him up the card soon too.

ANGLE: Greg Gauge offers an open challenge to Logan Wolfsbaine. But Harvey Robbinfield accepts. ©

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: Greg Gauge © defeated Harvey Robbinfield in 12:38 by submission with a Proton Lock after blatantly cheating. (C-)

Another good chemistry note. Gauge is earning that reputation as one of the world’s best talents isn’t he. He’s got a massive future ahead of him and probably not with us sadly.

ANGLE: Tommasso Milano says he may not be in action tonight, but he’ll be in the corner of his big bro. (B-)

SINGLES MATCH: Ross Henry defeated Honest Frank Milano in 23:24 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (C-)

Not bad rating actually. It could well be one of Honest Frank’s last main event performances at this rate, but he brings the goods.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is celebrating his victory in the ring. Tommasso Milano runs in and attacks, beating Henry down into the mat. (B-)

SHOW RATING: D+

Better rating with much worse matches. Turns out production ratings are key. Even if they’re expensive. Oh well time to try and turn a profit without reducing them again. We would have to gut the roster and only keep those who are delivering massively in-ring.

We resigned Andrew Harper and thankfully his falling out with Larry seems to have subsided. He then realised we’d won both regional battles. Game on. With a good show next month the sky really was the limit.

Still it was a month away from Empire City Showdown I. We’d finalised the card and we had to hope.

Next time on Death of the Territories…

Empire City Showdown I

NYCW Empire Title: Tommasso Milano © vs. Ross Henry

NYCW and COTT World Tag Team Title Cage Match: Ring Generals © vs. Milano Crew ©

Ernest Youngman vs. Greg Gauge

Logan Wolfsbaine vs. Harvey Robbinfield

Steve Flash vs. William Jetterson

Austin Smooth vs. The Masked Mauler

Xavi Ferrera vs. Rick Sanders vs. Robin DaLay

Southern Stars vs. Boys from the Yukon

<p>Digging the write-ups. If it was me, I'd have moved the show once realizing the three guys were working elsewhere, but you did a nice job making the most of what you had, so kudos!</p><p> </p><p>

Your experiences with production effects are why I turn them off. I get the intention of the option, and at the national/cult levels, it's probably a good idea to use them. However, if you're running a smaller promotion, those can KILL you.</p>

New York City…

Cameron Vessey’s contract is up and he’s now the hottest free agent in wrestling. Larry must be proud. Greg Gauge has relocated to Kanto in Japan, which does not bode well for his future with us.

PSW, RIPW and MAW all delivered D+ shows. So we know what we’ve got to beat.

On the day of the show Robin DaLay made a mess and Steve Flash sentenced him to cleaning it up. DaLay took it in good nature. Meanwhile Masked Mauler continued to impart psychology tips to Logan Wolfsbaine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TCPinho/NYCW%20ECS%201.jpg

NYCW Empire City Showdown I

Saturday, Week 4, March 2017

Pencil Park, Manhattan, New York City, New York

Attendance: 1,963

OPENING TAG TEAM MATCH: The Southern Stars defeated The Boys From The Yukon in 9:50 when Animal Harker defeated Howlin' Mad Mort by pinfall with a Texas Meat-Grinder. (D)

Best opener in a while and Southern Stars are ready to get back in the hunt for some gold.

SINGLES MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated The Masked Mauler in 7:47 by submission with a Smooth Hold. (D-)

Austin Smooth delivers a final full stop on his ascent. Following this event, and after the great purge he shall move up the card.

SINGLES MATCH: Xavi Ferrera defeated Robin DaLay in 7:45 by pinfall with a Ferrerarana. (D)

Building, building, building. We’re always building.

ANGLE: Ross Henry says tonight’s the night. Forget the title, forget the strip-teases and the talk. It all starts HERE! (B)

UNIFICATION TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Milano Crew © defeated The Ring Generals © in a Cage match in 12:58 when Andrew Harper defeated Marv Statler by pinfall with a Total Elimination!. The Milano Crew win the COTT World Tag Team titles. (D+)

Decent stuff for a wild brawl.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine says he’s been on a bit of a downer in 2017 and it’s time to turn things around and teach Harvey all about tradition. (C-)

SINGLES MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Harvey Robbinfield in 12:59 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. (D)

Oh dear. Harvey is clearly not ready to hang with the big boys yet. Despite his thoughts that he is.

ANGLE: William Jetterson says tonight is the night. He’s taking Steve Flash down and vaulting himself into the main event. ©

SINGLES MATCH: William Jetterson defeated Steve Flash in 11:41 by submission with a Viper Vice. (D)

Oh come on. Is that really all they can get? Surely they deserve better?

Ernest Youngman is out to confront Greg Gauge. He’s putting the COTT World Title on the line. Now. (C+)

COTT WORLD AND NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE: Greg Gauge © defeated Ernest Youngman © in 14:24 by submission with a Proton Lock. (B)

Yes! That’s what I’m talking about. But what does it mean when the Tri-State champ is also a World Champ? INTRIGUE! Best match in company history by the way.

ANGLE: Tommasso is out, but not to strip for the sweat hogs of New York. He’s all business tonight. (B)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: In the main event of our biggest show to date, the undefeated Ross Henry continues his streak by being the only man to cleanly defeat Tommasso Milano © in 22:40 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (C+)

A fantastic main event to establish a new champion, a new figurehead and the future direction of the company for as long as I can keep hold of the talented workers.

ANGLE: Ross Henry celebrates to a baying crowd as the theme to Monday Night Football blares over the speakers. (B-)

SHOW RATING: C

And there it is. Best match and best show in the company’s history.

Next time on Death of the Territories… The Great Purge of 2017.

New York City…

The Great Purge. It’s been coming since we started our crusade against the COTT. We had too much expensive, low-quality workers whose momentum was in the toilet. So in a desperate bid to cut costs after last month where we lost another $18k, we say goodbye to:

Steve Flash -$2,100

Dean Waldorf - $1,200

Marv Statler - $1,030

Rick Sanders - $1,100

Harvey Robbinfield - $890

Honest Frank Milano - $1,120

Total saved: $6,640

Mostly mainstays of the old guard. All high-earners. None as useful as other performers. The Masked Mauler survives because he is the mentor of Logan Wolfsbaine, who is worth twice Mauler’s salary. This of course meant signing up a load of new, young and incredibly cheap talent to lead the company forward in the rest of the year.

With that in mind here is the new-look NYCW roster:

Main Event

Ross Henry (Music: Theme to Monday Night Football)

Tommasso Milano (Music: Dubstep Godfather Theme)

Ernest Youngman (Music: Search and Destroy – The Stooges)

Greg Gauge (Music: All Along the Watchtower – Jimi Hendrix)

Logan Wolfsbaine (Music: Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo – Rick Derringer)

Upper Midcard

The Masked Mauler (Music: Run to the Hills – Iron Maiden)

Brutus Milano (Music: New York, New York – Frank Sinatra)

Andrew Harper (Music: New York, New York – Frank Sinatra)

Animal Harker (Music: Freebird – Lynard Skynard)

Xavi Ferrera (Music: Miss Alissa – The Eagles of Death Metal)

Midcard

Robin DaLay (Music: Fight Music – D-12)

Tennessee William (Music: Blue Suede Shows – Elvis Pressley)

Austin Smooth – (Music: Smooth Operator – Sade)

Fro Sure (Music: Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars)

William Jetterson (Music: Poison – Alice Cooper)

Whitehorse Whittaker (Music: The Lumberjack Song)

Howlin Mad Mort (Music: The Lumberjack Song)

Lower Midcard

The Silencer (Music: Welcome to the Jungle – Guns and Roses)

The Archtiect (Music: In the Hall of the Mountain King – Grieg)

Kip Keenan (Music: Bright Lights Bigger City – Ceelo Green)

Joffy Laine (Music: Also Sprach Zarathustra – Strauss)

Openers/Enhancement Talents

Felipe Caballero (Music: I Know You Want Me – Pitbull)

Marcel LeFleur (Music: Ou la Route Mene – Daniel Lavoie)

Jonah Pilgrim (Music: Let the Bodies Hit the Floor – Drowning Pool)

Hurakan (Music: Hotel California – Gypsy Kings)

Bret Heartbreak (Music: I Know You Want Me – Pitbull)

This saved us a little coin and gave us plenty of new options and hopefully, better matches. With that and our new spending on production we could see improvements in popularity which would move us into profit-mode. Then it was just a case of using that to invest in a new show.

We also had all the titles on our cards, which might mean a little burnout for the performers, but in the case of Brutus might make him a little better. Experience is key and all that.

JD Morgan defeated Teddy Powell in the main event of PSW My Enemy in a D rated match on a D rated card. We’ll beat that I’d imagine. MAW meanwhile were struggling to top a D card too, even with Greg Gauge on top.

Rush Hour was in June, so we’d have to build towards that, but for now it made sense to keep Tommasso vs. Henry at the top of the card.

Then we got some pretty awful, but not wholly unexpected news which would put a crimp in our plans and necessitate a change-up.

Who the Hell are WLW anyway?

NYCW Old School 14: Gauging Success

Monday, Week 3, April 2017

Attendance: 1,908 (one day we’ll sell out I’m sure)

OPENING FOUR WAY TAG TEAM MATCH: Felipe Caballero and The Architect defeated Bret Heartbreak and Robin DaLay, The Silencer and Marcel LeFleur and Joffy Laine and Jonah Pilgrim in 9:36. (E)

Should have done this as a pre-show I think. Still good to debut all the new guys and not one of them stood out. Felipe Caballero especially appeared poor, which is something. Might have to clear away the unnecessary workers sooner rather than later.

SINGLES MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated The Masked Mauler in 9:53 by submission with a Smooth Hold. (D-)

With all the new workers, I must be able to find a tag team partner for Smooth. I shall start including him in those matches on the next show.

COTT WORLD AND NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Milano Crew © defeated The Southern Stars in 11:37 when Brutus Milano defeated Animal Harker by submission with an Italian Backbreaker after blatantly cheating. (D+)

Great opening match in a new series for these well-known teams. We’ve been here before, but it’s got to be worth going round again while we create some more teams.

ANGLE: Greg Gauge is out with the COTT World Title and the NYCW Tri-State Regional Title. He brags about being the best and Logan Wolfsbaine comes out and wants his rematch for the Tri-State. ©

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Greg Gauge © in 13:12 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. (B)

Yup, despite his protests Greg took a clean loss here in one of our finest matches. This is what happens when you sign a written contract with a company I’ve never heard of. Splitter.

SINGLES MATCH: Xavi Ferrera defeated William Jetterson in 12:34 by pinfall with a High Impact Frog Splash. (D+)

Good match from these two for sure. Brought the crowd down without sacrificing quality.

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman wants to get back in the Empire title hunt and he’s willing to take on anyone to make a statement. We Will Rock You by Queen starts playing and out comes… RICKY DECOLT. (D+)

SINGLES MATCH: Ernest Youngman drew with Ricky DeColt in 22:51 following a double disqualification after The Milano Crew assaulted both men. ©

And that’s how you debut a name worker. Ricky DeColt of the famous wrestling family is in New York and we’re hoping he can fill the soon-to-appear hole in our roster.

ANGLE: The Milano Family are here to tell us that Frank has retired. They’re blaming him for Tommasso’s loss. But he doesn’t plan to cash in his rematch clause just yet. Only when he’s good and ready. For now, it’s time to beat a couple of nobodies. (B-)

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: Tommasso Milano defeated Fro Sure and Kip Keenan in 11:45 when Tommasso Milano defeated Kip Keenan by pinfall with a Guided Missile. (D+)

Slightly disappointing match really, but happy to have Kip Keenan and Fro Sure in the company as we scour the independent scene for the best we can find.

ANGLE: Greg Gauge is back out and he says he’s so sick of New York and the stupid fans. This will be the last time they see him and he’s going to take the COTT World Title with him, so there. MNF theme kicks in and here comes Ross Henry. (B-)

COTT WORLD AND EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Ross Henry © defeated Greg Gauge © in 13:19 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (B-)

And with that a mini-legend of the independent scene Greg Gauge bids us farewell. He delivered the best matches in our company’s history and will be sorely missed.

SHOW RATING: C

WLW signed Greg, but they also released a notably name, so we used the money saved from Greg to sign him up along with a rookie to tag with him.

We lost $7k as we edge closer to breaking even. We released The Silencer and Jonah Pilgrim as they didn’t fit in backstage and their gimmicks sucked and one was old and one was comicly chubby. Which we didn’t like.

We then discovered that Cameron Vessey had signed with USPW. Larry was not happy.

Next time on Death of the Territories… We consider the future of wrestling and wonder how it would play out.

New York City…

CZCW had their annual Welcome to the Coastal Zone event and Matt Sparrow finally toppled the mighty Masked Cougar for the title. In other news Tyson Baine is set to retire. What a massive shame. We were considering him for ages, but Larry kept reminding us that he’d be unhappy.

What could have been?

Rick Sanders would be joining him too it would seem, entering retirement with his final match being a loss alongside The Masked Mauler to the Southern Stars. Seems apt. One day we’d probably sign him back because of his good chemistry with me on the microphone.

But not yet, because we were poorer than a church mouse.

NYCW Old School 15: The Milano Family Strikes Back

Monday, Week 3, May 2017

Attendance: 1,828

OPENING TAG TEAM TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: Kip Keenan and Hurakan defeated Bret Heartbreak and Felipe Caballero and Marcel LeFleur and Joffy Laine in 10:18. (E)

We found chemistry. Two lots of it. Both negative. Kip and Hurakan have zero while Marcel and Joffy simply don’t work. Alright then. Lesson learnt.

TAG TEAM MATCH: Elementals of America (American Elemental and American Elemental II) defeated The Boys From The Yukon in 9:41 when American Elemental II defeated Howlin' Mad Mort by pinfall with an American Earth Breaker. (D-)

WLW took Greg, we took American Elemental. We then discovered his protégé had just debuted, so we’d team them together. Decent little match here.

ANGLE: Tommasso says that he’ll cash his rematch in at Rush Hour, so for tonight he’ll have a warm up and give the people of New York what they want. A strip-tease. (B-)

SINGLES MATCH: Tommasso Milano defeated Xavi Ferrera in 13:06 by pinfall with a Guided Missile after Andrew Harper interfered. (C+)

Woah, where did this come from? No chemistry per say, but my word that’s a good match.

ANGLE: The Milano Crew, having helped Tommasso get the win get on the mic and say that they are now the ONLY team in New York. They’ve run out all the competition and there’s no one left. Search and Destroy comes on the speakers and out comes Ernest Youngman. HE points out they’ve never beaten him, and he’s got a new friend… Austin Smooth joins him on the ramp. Game on. (D+)

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Austin Smooth and Ernest Youngman defeated The Milano Crew © in 10:19 when Ernest Youngman defeated Andrew Harper by pinfall with The Hit. (C-)

Milano Crew’s best match is when they lose the titles. Go figure. Ernest once again brings the goods and Austin gets a reward for his hard work for over a year. Told you we’d find him a partner.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine is out with his NYCW Tri-State Regional Title. The CHAMP IS BACK. As he’s once again holding gold, he’s going to reinstate the ‘Open Challenge.’ Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden plays and out comes The Masked Mauler, gripping his hand and shouting CLAW! ©

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine © defeated The Masked Mauler in 13:11 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (C-)

Hello chemistry. I should have known really, being mentor and protégé. Good start to Logan’s new ongoing story of the open challenge.

TAG TEAM MATCH: The Southern Stars defeated The Architect and Robin DaLay in 10:32 when Tennessee William defeated The Architect by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D+)

Good match considering we wanted it to lift the crowd. Southern Stars are worming their way slowly back into the tag title scene.

ANGLE: Fro Sure is out and he’s always wanted to beat a DeColt. Ricky will do, so get on out here and let’s dance. (E+)

SINGLES MATCH: Ricky DeColt defeated Fro Sure in 12:59 by pinfall with a DeColt 45. (D-)

Actually a little disappointing, especially when you consider they have ‘great chemistry.’ I think I need to build them up a bit and then have a rematch.

ANGLE: Ross Henry accepts the challenge for Rush Hour of Tommasso and he’ll have a warmup tonight too. (B-)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Ross Henry defeated William Jetterson in 22:09 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (C-)

Decent little outing for Cobra here, and even though he lost it’s the first step of getting the crowd used to him being in the main event.

$7k loss, which is fine. But to speed up the savings we’d get rid of a couple of guys, so goodbye Whitehorse Whittaker and The Architect.

Next time on Death of the Territories… Rush Hour 2017.

New York City…

Harvey Robbinfield, who had a cup of coffee with us is going out to the press to run down his current employer TCW’s booker Brent Hill. Smart kid.

Over in PSW Ash Campbell has walked out due to missing payments. Were they on the ropes? We could only hope. Speaking of on the ropes. MAW were in trouble and had limited time to balance their ever-dwindling books.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TCPinho/NYCW%20Rush%20Hour%202017.jpg

NYCW Rush Hour 2017

Saturday, Week , June 2017

Attendance: 1,982

OPENING TAG TEAM MATCH: Elements of America defeated The Marvelous Ones (Felipe Caballero & Bret Heartbreak) in 8:11 when American Elemental II defeated Bret Heartbreak by pinfall with an American Earth Breaker. (E+)

They might not have positive chemistry, but I like the look of the two new arrogant heels. Not enough to give them a win, but they can slot into the opening match jobber role previously owned by the Boys from the Yukon.

TAG TEAM MATCH: The Southern Stars defeated Howlin' Mad Mort and Robin DaLay in 12:52 when Animal Harker defeated Howlin' Mad Mort by pinfall with a Texas Meat-Grinder. (D)

DaLay needed a part time partner and I still kind of suspected that Howlin Mad Mort might be a bit better with a new partner. Decent little match and the Southern Stars continue to build momentum.

SINGLES: Fro Sure defeated Hurakan in 10:14 by pinfall with a Sure Thing. (E+)

Hurakan is not great, but he is cheap. Fro Sure picks up a much needed win as we plan to slowly build him up.

ANGLE: Youngman and Smooth are out with their titles and they’re happy to let the Milano Crew cash in. May the best men win. By the way, that’s them. (C-)

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLES MATCH: Ernest Youngman and Austin Smooth © defeated The Milano Crew in 13:15 when Brutus Milano was counted out while fighting Austin Smooth. (C-)

So they get a defence on the board in a good match. I sort of feel like the Milano Crew deserve one last shot at the titles before we move on.

SINGLES MATCH: Kip Keenan defeated Marcel LeFleur in 9:54 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (E+)

More of a momentum starter and a crowd cooler. Job done on both fronts.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is ready for the challenge of Tommasso and he’s not about to lose the title he’s just won. (B-)

SINGLES MATCH: Xavi Ferrera defeated Joffy Laine in 9:56 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D)

I like Xavi a lot and I see a push in his very near future. Joffy is the one to take the loss here.

ANGLE: Logan is out for an open challenge and once again Masked Mauler accepts. He’s carrying a folded chair with him. (C+)

NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH: The Masked Mauler defeated Logan Wolfsbaine © in 12:35 by disqualification after hitting him with a steel chair. (C+)

YES! Best Mauler match by a long way and Logan proves his worth once again. Protégé vs. Mentor storyline continues in earnest.

ANGLE: Ricky DeColt is out to offer an open challenge too, and William Jetterson accepts. (D+)

SINGLES MATCH: William Jetterson defeated Ricky DeColt in 12:35 by count out. (D)

Disappointing match, especially considering it’s a BIG win for William. I expected better and I suspect it’s a lack of momentum from both men.

ANGLE: Tommasso is out, but no strip-tease. He’s just here to take back what’s his. (B-)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Tommasso Milano defeated Ross Henry in 22:31 by count out. ©

A little down on last time, mainly because of a lack of selling. We’d give them a shorter time for the rubber match and hope for a standout match.

ANGLE: After the match Tommasso beats the ever-loving bejeesus out of Ross. (B-)

SHOW RATING: C-

Jungle Jack has left SWF to join USPW as their roster grows in size and strength. Was there any stopping them? Not when they signed Freddy Huggins and Mighty Mo too.

We’ve stopped actively using the COTT Titles for now as we don’t want to give them extra prominence over our titles. It also seems that none of the COTT want to use them either, probably at the risk of making us look good. It’s a loose alliance at this stage, but Larry won’t let me sever ties just yet.

Next time on Death of the Territories… We build towards a number of rubber matches before turning our attention to Gang Wars.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TCP1" data-cite="TCP1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41832" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New York City…<p> </p><p> Harvey Robbinfield, who had a cup of coffee with us is going out to the press to run down his current employer TCW’s booker Brent Hill. Smart kid.</p><p> </p><p> Over in PSW Ash Campbell has walked out due to missing payments. Were they on the ropes? We could only hope. Speaking of on the ropes. MAW were in trouble and had limited time to balance their ever-dwindling books.</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not sure about PSW (as they are not only in Tri-State, but less established) but you definitely <em>need</em> to buy out MAW and disband them. You'll gain a boatload of pop (20+) in the Mid-Atlantic plus several titles with a lot of prestige (Rip Chord, Sam Keith and Mid-Atlantic). You can either run straight invasion or bring in key guys. I'm fairly certain there aren't any other COTT companies with pop that will move you towards Cult (4C may have a little in NY) -- this will go a long way to getting NYCW on Television. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41832" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> We’ve stopped actively using the COTT Titles for now as we don’t want to give them extra prominence over our titles. It also seems that none of the COTT want to use them either, probably at the risk of making us look good. It’s a loose alliance at this stage, but Larry won’t let me sever ties just yet.</p><p> </p><p> Next time on Death of the Territories… We build towards a number of rubber matches before turning our attention to Gang Wars.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Looking forward to what happens next. Definitely hoping both PSW and MAW go out of business, but 1 of 2 closing will help NYCW quite a bit. I'm happy Henry has stuck around. I almost never see him get poached by a major company early on -- within two-three years -- so I'd expect he will do well as figurehead.</p>

New York City…

NOTBPW have taken a big step forward and are ravaging the independent scene for talent. We were not beyond their grasp.

Then on the night of Old School Wrestling, we discovered that Andrew Harper got into a fight with and beat up Tennessee William. This was not the first time we’d had this trouble with him, but we opted to fine him. Nothing came of it, which was frustrating. While that was happening Brutus Milano was in good form telling road stories. They’re quite the tag team really.

NYCW Old School 16: Milano vs Henry III

Monday, Week 3, July 2017

Attendance: 2,000 (SOLD OUT)

OPENING TAG TEAM MATCH: Elements of America defeated The Marvelous Ones in 10:04 when American Elemental II defeated Felipe Caballero by pinfall with an American Earth Breaker. (D)

Much, much better stuff from these two teams. It’s almost time to move the Elementals up to the next step.

SINGLES MATCH: Xavi Ferrera defeated Joffy Laine in 12:19 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D)

Another decent match here to keep Xavi strong and work the crowd. I’m stuck really because someone like Xavi probably deserves a run at a title, but I don’t really have space just yet. This may change after negotiations are complete this month.

SINGLES MATCH: Kip Keenan defeated Hurakan in 6:01 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. (E)

I must remember to keep Hurakan in the opening matches against over and talented performers or he’s just going to stink the joint up every show.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is out to tell Tommasso that he’ll give him one last match for the title, but if he loses he never gets a shot against him for it. (B-)

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE DOG COLLAR MATCH: The Milano Crew defeated Ernest Youngman and Austin Smooth © in a Dog Collar match in 23:17 when Brutus Milano defeated Austin Smooth by submission with an Italian Backbreaker after blatantly cheating. (D+)

This was fine. A little worse than last time, but it’s low enough down the card not to kill us or anything. Ernest tells me after the match that he can do much better if he wasn’t made to brawl. Ok my man, whatever you want.

ANGLE: Fro Sure is out to play a DJ set for the crowd. They go wild with apathy until Howlin Mad Mort comes out to attack him. (D)

SINGLES MATCH: Fro Sure defeated Howlin' Mad Mort in 8:12 by pinfall with a Sure Thing. (E+)

This event is not going as I’d hoped. Howlin Mad Mort is also proving himself to not really be worth our time.

TAG TEAM MATCH: The Southern Stars defeated Marcel LeFleur and Robin DaLay in 7:56 when Animal Harker defeated Marcel LeFleur by pinfall with a Texas Meat-Grinder. (D+)

Excellent match. Not really sure where this came from, but Animal Harker certainly looked amazing. Perhaps it was time to consider a singles run for him again.

SINGLES TEXAS DEATH MATCH: William Jetterson defeated Ricky DeColt in a Texas Death match in 12:55 when Ricky DeColt was pinned and could not beat a ten count. (D+)

Better match from these two and a clean win for William. Nicely done.

ANGLE: The match is over and Ricky DeColt is down in defeat. William Jetterson grabs a razor from ringside, and uses it to shave his groggy opponent bald. (D-)

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine is out, but he’s not offering an open challenge tonight. Instead he’s going to teach Masked Mauler one final lesson. ©

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine © defeated The Masked Mauler in 14:22 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. (C+)

I shall be sad to see the end of this feud.

ANGLE: Tommasso Milano is out with his family to point out to Henry that he doesn’t need another shot and when he wins tonight, Henry won’t ever get a shot either. (B-)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE CAGE MATCH: Ross Henry © defeated Tommasso Milano in a Cage match in 13:53 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (C+)

So Ricky DeColt was about to sign a written contract with NOTBPW when USPW swooped in and stole him. At least we weren’t the only ones being screwed.

Cheetah Boy and Bradley Blaze won the Sam Keith Classic. Good for them. In weird news from Japan, Golden Canvas Grappling released no fewer than 25 workers. Something is going on there, but I have no idea what it is.

Netstream, a rival to Reverie has launched. No idea of the impact on the wrestling world yet. We only lost $2,800 last month, which is cool.

Next time on Death of the Territories… A big fella becomes available and we figure we’ll dust off an old gimmick from years ago and see what comes of it.

New York City…

We signed a reasonable talent, although his contract ends after our next show. So we’d tease his arrival this time around.

Anyway, slow news so on with the show.

NYCW Old School 17: Wolfsbaine Rising

Friday, Week 4, August 2017

OPENING TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM LADDER MATCH: The Southern Stars defeated Elements of America and The Marvelous Ones in a Ladder match in 9:39 when Animal Harker retrieved the item. (D)

Time to move ahead with Southern Stars vs. Milano Family in one of the more longer-running on-off feuds in a while. Decent match with Animal Harker the standout again.

ANGLE: Joffy Laine comes out to talk about how he’s the future of this industry and he’s hired himself a free agent bodtyguard who he’ll let us all meet next time. For now he’s going to start getting some wins under his diamond-studded belt. (D-)

SINGLES MATCH: Joffy Laine defeated Hurakan in 6:16 by pinfall with a Death Spiral. (E+)

Please note this is with great chemistry. The mind boggles at what it would be like without it.

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Milano Crew © defeated Robin DaLay and Marcel LeFleur in 7:54 when Brutus Milano defeated Marcel LeFleur by submission with an Italian Backbreaker. (D+)

Is there anyone the Milano Crew cannot put a good match on with these days? Simple match to keep them strong, but they’re becoming a mainstay of the promotion.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is out to celebrate still being the champ. He looks forward to a new challenge tonight and will follow Logan’s idea and issue an open challenge. The Masked Mauler accepts. (B-)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Ross Henry defeated The Masked Mauler in 7:59 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (C-)

The Masked Mauler reinvigoration tour continues as he holds his own with the best in the company.

SINGLES MATCH: Fro Sure defeated Hammer Hadley in 8:24 by pinfall with a Sure Thing. (D-)

Hammer Hadley is a former mixed martial artist with a stiff and iron approach. He could be a decent player if handled correctly. For now he’s jobber to the stars while he earns his stripes.

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman and Austin Smooth are discussing getting back in the hunt for the tag team titles. But seeing as the champs have already fought, they’d test their metal against one another in a singles match. (C-)

SINGLES MATCH: Ernest Youngman defeated Austin Smooth in 12:56 by pinfall with a handful of tights. (C+)

Excellent Ernest carries Austin to his best match to date.

ANGLE: Following the match Austin is a little angry at Ernest for cheating to win. Words are exchanged and it gets heated until they have to be separated from fighting. (D)

SINGLES MATCH: Kip Keenan defeated Howlin' Mad Mort in 10:23 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. (E+)

Calming the crowd down after the last match. Worked a treat.

ANGLE: Tommasso Milano is out to say that he may have lost, but he’s got an idea in mind for Ross Henry and it’s going to be a doozy. But until then, the sweat-hogs of New York should pay attention to his strip-tease. (B)

SINGLES MATCH: Tommasso Milano defeated Xavi Ferrera in 23:03 by count out. ©

Good match as you would expect. Tommasso gets the win, but Xavi looks great in loss.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine is out for the open challenge. Poison by Alice Cooper plays and out comes William Jetterson. ©

NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine © drew with William Jetterson in 13:06 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. ©

Good main event there. Logan proves his value and he tease further hostilities between the two as they brawl to close the show.

After the show we discover that Professor Nero has passed away. Man Mountain Cahill retires to boot. Another NYCW alum gone to the ever passing leaves of change.

We then realised we’d made a profit. Of $182 for the month. Awesome. I’d use the extra to splurge on some new talent ahead of Gang Wars.

Next time on Death of the Territories… Gang Wars 2017, some new debuts and signings and potentially the biggest news in our history.

COTT SECRET HEADQUARTERS…

The owners of the respective COTT promotions sat around the wood-panel room. On the table in the centre of the room sat the red phone directly to Allen Packer. Silence hung in the air like a bad smell and their eyes darted to one another and then to the empty chair of Sam Keith.

“Did he deal?” asked Cliff.

Nobody answered.

“How can none of us know?” growled Mitch Naess.

It made sense. They suddenly felt vulnerable. If the legendary Sam Keith had sold up to Allen Packer they were doomed. It was his strength of character which kept the territories working.

“Where’s Larry too, did he sell?” asked Puerto Rican Power.

“No,” I replied. “We don’t need to sell financially, plus you know Larry, he’d never make that sort of deal.”

“So where is he?” added Solar.

“I have no idea…”

The door burst open and in walked Sam and Larry.

“Apologies gentleman,” said Sam. “We just needed to discuss a few things.”

“Like what?” snapped Solar.

“The future,” replied Larry.

He then walked up the table, past Mitch Naess and sat in Sam Keith’s chair. Sam slipped into Larry’s.

“What’s going on?” spat Naess.

“Change,” growled Larry. “And it seems not a moment too soon. I have paid off MAW’s debts and they will be absorbed into the NYCW umbrella. Sam will remain as owner and I will pay the bills and send my young boys down there for training.”

The room erupted into noise, with everyone trying to get their points across at the same time.

Larry slammed his fist on the table a few times to get calm.

“It’s a done deal,” he said. “Sam will keep his place at the table, but as the only person around the table with two stakes in the COTT I take over as our spokesperson. I’ve also installed someone I trust as the booker in MAW.”

Larry looked at Naess and grinned.

“Come in,” he called out.

The door opened again and through it strolled a man in a multi-coloured suit and snazzy sunglasses.

“Grandmaster Phunk?” said Naess before rounding on Larry. “He’s my PSW Champion!”

“And still is, but he’s also my head booker for MAW.”

Naess looked at Phunk and back to Larry and then stood up and stormed out the room.

On the way out I pulled Larry aside.

“That wasn’t the plan,” I said. “We were supposed to dissolve them and run an invasion angle. I’m the boss kid. You just book the shows. I don’t owe you any kind of explaination.

He turned and left, leaving me alone in the corridor.

Next time of Death of the Territories… Gang Wars 2017… A huge main event… and a big storyline change.

New York City…

So the big news in September as MAW appeared on the brink of financial insolvency. So we bought them, stole Phunk the PSW Champion and made him head booker. The actual plan was to dissolve them, but it was late and I pressed the wrong button.

Damn.

Elsewhere Bryan Vessey is causing a bidding war for his services. Steve Flash meanwhile is retiring and that makes a lot of sense at his age. The Natural has joined USPW and they have the biggest roster in the world right now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TCPinho/NYCW%20Gang%20Wars.jpg

NYCW Gang Wars 2017

Friday, Week 4, September 2017

OPENING CLASSIC GANG WARS MATCH: Fro Sure and Elements of America defeated Hammer Hadley and The Marvelous Ones in 9:35 when Fro Sure defeated Hammer Hadley by pinfall with a Sure Thing. (D-)

Simple ‘use guys not in a storyline’ match. Did the job with momentum going to the new team and Fro Sure.

ANGLE: Joffy Lane and William Jetterson are out to tell the world that they’ve had enough of being overlooked. So they’ve brought in a hired gun. OBLIVION. A huge masked man enters to the crowd’s shock. (C-)

CLASSIC GANG WARS MATCH: Joffy Laine, Oblivion and William Jetterson defeated Hurakan and The Southern Stars in 12:24 when Joffy Laine defeated Tennessee William by pinfall with a Death Spiral. (D-)

A little disappointing considering the talent, although then I hear that Hurakan dragged down proceedings. Pants. Still a decent performance from Oblivion and Joffy.

ANGLE: Logan, Xavi and Keenan are ready to fight. So bring it on! (C-)

CLASSIC GANG WARS MATCH: Kip Keenan, Logan Wolfsbaine and Xavi Ferrera defeated Howlin' Mad Mort, Marcel LeFleur and The Masked Mauler in 13:20 when Logan Wolfsbaine defeated The Masked Mauler by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. (C-)

Logan carried everyone else comfortably in this one, which is amazing work. I was told it was a poor match, but I choose to look at the rating and take it as a step up.

ANGLE: Ross Henry, Austin Smooth and Ernest Youngman are ready for the challenge of the Milano Family next. Even Ernest and Austin are back on the same page at last. (B-)

CLASSIC GANG WARS MATCH: The Milano Family (Tommasso Milano, Andrew Harper and Brutus Milano) defeated Austin Smooth, Ernest Youngman and Ross Henry in 28:12 when Brutus Milano defeated Austin Smooth by submission with an Italian Backbreaker after blatantly cheating. During the match we also had Ernest Youngman turn on Henry. (C-)

ANGLE: After the match is over Ernest Youngman flies into a rage and destroys Ross Henry while the Milano Family watch on in amusement. (B-)

Oblivion’s debut went down fantastically. For fun we won’t tell you who it is. Also we pulled the trigger on the Ernest Youngman turn and it went down brilliantly, thus setting up the main event program for the short-to-medium-term.

Elsewhere, Bryan Vessey resigned with TCW. Thank the wrestling Gods. Also Buddy Garner returned to wrestling. MAW put on The Clash and it got a D-. It was weird to want them to succeed, but there we go.

Next time on Death of the Territories… PSW start to feel the strain as we slowly bleed them dry with higher production values.

New York City…

Thea Davis has setup the National Wrestling Federation in the UK. Good for her. As long as she stayed small I had no problem with it. NOTBPW are struggling financially, which might mean some contracts are cancelled and we could scoop them up.

Larry offered to work for free until we sort out our finances, which currently stand at $19,460. Perhaps buying out MAW was a little bit of an overstretch. Still we’d done it now and had no idea how to close it down. Fingers crossed for some financially prudent months ahead.

PSW meanwhile smelt our weakness and increased their production values and produced a C- show based on a Grandmaster Phunk vs. Ernest Youngman B- main event. Dammit. We had to hit a home run this month and worry about King of New York tournament next month.

On the day of the show Mauler continued to teach Wolfsbaine. It’s the greatest bromance of a generation.

NYCW Old School 18: Youngman vs. Henry

Friday, Week 4, October 2017

ANGLE: The Revolution (Jetterson, Laine & Oblivion) are out to introduce their newest member… Spencer Spade. (C-)

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH: The Revolution (Joffy Laine, Oblivion and Spencer Spade) defeated Kip Keenan and The Marvelous Ones in 10:57 when Spencer Spade defeated Kip Keenan by pinfall with a Supreme Stunner. (E+)

Slightly disappointing, but it’s probablt the lack of popularity on the opposing teams side.

ANGLE: Spencer Spade raises Oblivion’s hand in celebration. (C-)

SINGLES MATCHl Fro Sure defeated Howlin' Mad Mort in 7:52 by pinfall with a Sure Thing. (D-)

More momentum, give Fro Sure all the momentum.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is out and he’s fired up and pissed off. Ernest may think he’s taken a step towards the title, but he’s about to learn what it’s like at the top! (B)

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Milano Crew © defeated The Southern Stars in 13:09 when Andrew Harper defeated Tennessee William by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (C-)

Way to go boys, a great little match. We’d probably run with a mini-fued between them until other teams are built up properly.

TAG TEAM MATCH: Elements of America defeated Hammer Hadley and The Masked Mauler in 8:09 when American Elemental defeated The Masked Mauler by pinfall with an Inferno Splash. (D-)

Speaking of which. The streak of the Elementals of America continues unabated.

SINGLES MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated Marcel LeFleur in 7:43 by submission with a Smooth Hold. (D)

Need to keep Austin Smooth’s run going, he’s got bags of momentum and we don’t want to lose it while we moved Ernest into the main event.

ANGLE: Tommasso Milano is looking forward to watching ‘his pal’ Ernest Youngman destroy Henry. Then once he beats the failed footballer, he’s promised Tommasso the first shot. (B-)

SINGLES MATCH: Tommasso Milano defeated Robin DaLay in 7:41 by pinfall with a Guided Missile. (C-)

Tommasso continues to bring the goods, despite the opponent and Robin continues to get good experience.

ANGLE: Logan is out to say that he failed to beat William last month, but he’ll do it this month. Xavi Ferrera then joins and it becomes a triple threat match. ©

NYCW TRI-STATE TITLE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: William Jetterson defeated Logan Wolfsbaine © and Xavi Ferrera in 13:41 when William Jetterson defeated Logan Wolfsbaine by submission with a Viper Vice after interference from Oblivion. ©

Cracking match and a title change to boot. Logan is simply too good to not be elevated to the main event at some time and we want him title-less before that can happen. Plus someone else needed the Tri-State and there’s no one more deserving than William.

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman is ready to destroy Henry. Bring it on. (C+)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Ross Henry © defeated Ernest Youngman in 13:18 by disqualification after Ernest attacked Henry with a chair. (C+)

Next time on Death of the Territories… More changes are afoot and Youngman gets his rematch.

New York City…

Jay Chord’s contract is up for negotiation and has caused one of those bidding wars. As long as USPW don’t win I’ll be happy. Speaking of which, they just signed Elmo Benson.

We ended up losing $6k last month, which by my maths gives me 2 months of shows not to lose more money than I have before the critical ‘don’t go into debt’ goal is complete. It’s going to be tight.

So that’s nice.

What a great time to run our King of New York tournament. So we made a big decision. We’d keep it in house this year and expand next year. We’d run qualifiers this month and run down 16 wrestlers to 8 for the big show.

With that in mind:

NYCW Old School 19: Youngman vs. Henry II

Friday, Week 4, November 2017

KONY QUALIFYING MATCH: Joffy Laine defeated American Elemental II in 9:45 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (D)

These two apparently have excellent chemistry. I’d have to remember that in the future.

KONY QUALIFYING MATCH: Xavi Ferrera defeated Tennessee William in 12:45 by pinfall with a High Impact Frog Splash. (D)

A little disappointing and William was off his game, which is a shame.

ANGLE: Spencer Spade is out with Oblivion and the rest of the Revolution stable. He tells the crowd they may not recognise them, but they will come to respect them. The streak starts here. (C+)

KONY QUALIFYING MATCH: Oblivion defeated Fro Sure in 7:44 by pinfall with a Triple Powerbomb. (D)

Third D-rated match on the spin. Was there something in the water tonight, or had I tinkered with my roster so much that I had to build them all up from the ground up again.

KONY QUALIFYING MATCH: Animal Harker defeated Andrew Harper in 13:24 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D+)

That’s more like it. A wild brawl with two of our older hands and they deliver nicely. I really like both guys and may consider singles pushes for them. That is if Harper can control his backstage temperament.

KONY QUALIFYING MATCH: Spencer Spade defeated Kip Keenan in 12:36 by pinfall with a Supreme Stunner. (D+)

Good cooling down match here. Poor Kip is taking some losses at the moment, but if history has taught us anything we can elevate quickly if he need to. Spencer Spade is pretty darn good already and could be a future main event star.

KONY QUALIFYING MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated William Jetterson in 12:02 by count out. (D+)

A little disappointing, but still good. I am at least learning to build my shows so that the better matches come later. I didn’t want Jetterson to take a loss this early really, but he’s the Tri-State champ, so I want him free to defend his title on the big show next month. Plus Austin is having a great year, so that continues.

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman is out. He knows the fans want an answer to his recent actions. But he doesn’t give a damn. All he wants is the one title that makes you THE MAN. Ross Henry, your time is up. (C+)

KONY QUALIFYING MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Brutus Milano in 22:53 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. (C-)

Logan carries Brutus to a great match. What we had here is an ultra-talented worker against one with bags of momentum and the results were good. The Milano Crew can now defend their titles on the big show too.

ANGLE: Tommasso Milano is out for a cheeky strip-tease before he qualifies for his first King of New York tournament. (C+)

KONY QUALIFYING MATCH: Tommasso Milano defeated American Elemental in 13:15 by pinfall with a handful of tights. ©

Solid match which kept Elemental strong, but had the top star go over. Tommasso books his place and we have the main event left on a great show so far.

ANGLE: Ross Henry comes out and celebrates with the fans before the big match. (B-)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Ernest Youngman defeated Ross Henry © in 13:04 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage after interference from Tommasso Milano. (C-)

That’s right. Henry is our figurehead, but sometimes you’ve got to go with the story. Ernest deserved a title run and he got one. The match was decent, although I was expecting a bit better.

I feel like that rating is a little harsh if I’m honest, but thems the breaks. To make sure I could cover our financial situation heading into the big show, I’d drop my production ratings to save cash.

Unsurprisingly PSW moved their title onto JD Morgan.

Oh and USPW got Jay Chord.

Next time on Death of the Territories…

The King of New York 2.

KONY Quarter: Austin Smooth vs. Oblivion

KONY Quarter: Spencer Spade vs. Animal Harker

KONY Quarter: Logan Wolfsbaine vs. Tommasso Milano

KONY Quarter: Joffy Laine vs. Xavi Ferrera

NYCW Tag Title Match: The Milano Crew vs. Elements of America

Six-Man Tri-State Ladder Match: William Jetterson vs. Fro Sure vs. Robin DaLay vs. Kip Keenan vs. Tennessee William vs. The Masked Mauler

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Coop" data-cite="Coop" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41832" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>TCP. I'm digging this. Been following just first time poster.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks my man, it's the most fun game I've ever played of TEW. The new features make it nice and challenging without making it impossible. Although things get pretty hairy in the months ahead.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

Archived