NYCW: Death of the Territories

In a secret meeting room somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States, five important men gathered. They weren’t important in the global, political or social sense, but in the ‘look at me and how important I am’ type of way.

These were wrestling promoters. The sort of hard-nosed, carnival-inspired lunatics who presented oiled-up men in pants hitting each other with chairs as an art form.

To some it really was an art from, but to Larry Vessey of NYCW, Cliff Anderson of CZCW, Joaquin Soler of OLLIE, Troy Winner of 4C and their self-appointed leader Sam Keith of MAW, it was a way of keeping their names relevant in a business which had basically passed them by. Each had a noble reason for running an unsuccessful business, whether it was to train the next generation, present something alternative for true fans or to help buoy the failing economy in their respective area.

Whatever reason they gave, the uncomfortable truth was that they wanted to be powerful, successful and influential. They wanted to be stopped in the street by strangers and applauded for their business acumen, their financial clout and above all else they wanted to be the owners of the top wrestling promotion in the world.

The powerhouses of SWF, TCW and the new champions USPW dominate global wrestling and a bunch of near-to-the-top promotions are hot on their heels. But for the smaller fish, they needed to work together for now in order to survive and perhaps one day, thrive.

Together they formed the clunkily-titled Confederation of the Territories (COTT) and once a year in December they gather to discuss the coming plans and how best to avoid one another while growing their businesses.

It was December 2015 and the meeting was going well.

Rich plumes of smoke danced through the air and seeped into the custom-made suits of these important men and they all laughed maniacally. If this were a film, these would be the people the super-spy planned to bring to justice.

I was not a super-spy. I wasn’t even a regular, cut-price spy. I was a booker. The name’s Patrick, Tom Patrick. The new booker of New York Championship Wrestling established in downtown Manhattan. The head bookers were rarely invited to these sorts of events, but the rules on attendance had lapsed in recent years. So in addition to the owners, myself, Too Hot (4C), Billy Peers (CZCW), Jay Fair (MAW) and Phoenix I (OLLIE) were all there to discuss talent trades and working out a plan not to burn out young talent.

Sam Keith was winding down proceedings when there was a single knock at the door and it then burst open. In walked a suited man. This was a man not suited to events like this. He wore a suit that was more suited to the boardroom of a multinational promotion. He was tanned, but not orange, his teeth were white, but not glistening white and his shoes were pristine and shiny. This man was everything the others in the room wished they were.

“So it’s true,” he said and walked to the head of the table. “The little people are working together. I always thought it was a bad joke.”

“Who in the blazes are you?” shouted Larry and he nearly knocked me over as he stood.

“I’m Allen Packer,” he said confidently. “I own Reverie. And USPW and hopefully soon, you lot.”

He pulled five envelopes from his pocket and slid one to each of the big boys at the table.

“It’s 2016 and it’s all about online content,” he said. “You’ve got some, I want it. Here’s a pay cheque for you to go home and live your lives.”

Sam opened up the envelope and pulled out a cheque. He looked at it and then screwed it up and tossed it on the floor.

Allen Packer laughed.

“Not enough old man?” he said. “How about I double it?”

“We’ve got plenty of money already,” said Keith.

Larry didn’t even open the envelope, he just screwed it up and shoved it in his mouth. He then tried to speak, but his mouth was full of paper. So he raised his middle finger to the newcomer instead and let out a little choked cough.

“OK,” said Packer. “Have it your way. I’ll run you all out of business and then buy your tape libraries for $1 when I’m finished.”

With that he spun on his heels and strolled out of the dark room.

“How the hell did he find us here?” asked Sam. “Who let they gums flap?”

Nobody responded and he sighed.

“Wha’re we gonna do about zis man? Kill im?” said Soler.

The bookers suddenly looked nervous, but the owners barely looked fazed.

“We can’t,” said Winner. “Too high profile.”

“So wha den?” replied Soler.

“We’ll expand,” grinned Keith. “We’ll get as many promotions in the COTT as possible, unfiy, absorb and eventually take down his precious USPW. Then we’ll force him out the industry. Old school.”

The others looked at him like he was mad, but nobody presented any other idea. The meeting ended abruptly after that and we all made our way to the airport to return to our territories.

Once we were sure we’re alone, Larry swore loudly.

“What’s up boss?” I said.

“Plans have moved up,” he said. “We’ll need to be very careful now.”

“But the plans haven’t changed?”

“Absolutely not,” he spat. “It’ll all be ours in the end.”

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TCPinho/NYCW.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TCPinho/NYCW_alt2_1.jpg

Main Event

Honest Frank (Heel)

Man Mountain Cahill (Heel)

Bulldozer Brandon Smith (Face)

Steve Flash (Face)

Upper Midcard

The Masked Mauler (Heel)

Marv Statler (Face)

Rick Sanders (Heel)

Roger Cage (Face)

Midcard

Tennessee William (Face)

Geoff Borne (Heel)

Andrew Harper (Heel)

Dean Waldorf (Face)

Crockett Tubbs (Face)

Animal Harker (Face)

Dermot O’Logical (Face)

Lower Midcard

Devastating Don (Heel)

Howlin Mad Mort (Heel)

The New York Doll (Heel)

Whitehorse Whittaker (Heel)

Opener

Brutus Milano (Heel)

Freedom Eagle (Face)

Enhancement Talent

Hawkeye Calhoun (Face)

Manager

Cheerleader Nicki (Face)

Announcer

Thomas Patrick (Face)

Colour Commentator

Ernie Turner (Face)

Referee

Michael Bull (Face)

Road Agent

Larry Vessey (Face)

Released Rock Downpour and Fern Hathaway.

$250,000 in the bank

Prestige: E-

Momentum: D

Importance: E (Tri-State)

Popularity: E (Tri-State)

Titles:

NYCW Empire Title - Roger Cage (B+ prestige)

NYCW Tag Team Titles - Southern Stars (C Prestige)

NYCW Tri-State Regional Title - Crockett Tubbs (C Prestige)

Hall of Fame:

The Stomper (2 x Empire Champion, 1 x Tag Team Champion)

Whistler (3 x Empire Champion, 2 x Tag Team Champion)

Wiley Coyote (4 x Tag Team Champion)

No. of Tag Team Champions:

Wiley Coyote: 4

Old School Principals: 4

The Ring Generals: 4

The Southern Stars: 3

Shark Cage: 2

The Boys from the Yukon: 1

The Stomper and Whistler: 1

Land Mass and the Big Problem: 1

Whistler and Mr. America: 1

American Machine and Steve Flash: 1

No. of Tri-State Champions:

Sammy the Shark: 2

The Masked Mauler: 2

Andrew Harper: 2

Bulldozer Brandon Smith: 2

Animal Harker: 2

Crockett Tubbs: 1

Steve Flash: 1

The New York Doll: 1

Monty Trescade: 1

Travis Century: 1

Nevada Nuclear: 1

Grandmaster Phunk: 1

Lee Wright: 1

Dazzling Dave Diamond: 1

Empire Champions:

Roger Cage: 3

Honest Frank: 3

Steve Flash: 3

Whistler: 3

American Buffalo: 3

Man Mountain Cahill: 2

The Stomper: 2

Joey Minnesota: 2

Paul Steadyfast: 1

Grandmaster Phunk: 1

Black Hat Bailey: 1

New York City…

It was 2016 and I had my goals from Larry. Aside from total domination and eventual war with everyone in the Confederations of the Territories, I had to improve our position above being #29 company in the world, couldn’t fall in debt at any time, hire no Japanese Juniors, psychopaths or anyone older than 42.

Should be easy enough. I made some early year moves for young performers with bags of potential and allowed Peers to take The Ring Generals and their COTT World Tag Team Titles to CZCW and they had a decent match against The American Cobras and of course, retained the titles. They were our big bargaining chips for now. During the same show ‘Revolution’ Frankie Perez beat Waylon Walls for the Xtreme championship.

I did my daily checks on the interweb and noticed USPW were gearing up for talent raids of the independent circuit, like I didn’t already know that. They signed Greg Black, Kirk Jameson, Hell’s Bouncer, Davis Wayne Newton, Madman Boone and Fumihiro Ota, poor CZCW are about to lost their champion.

What I didn’t know was that Julius Moor had a potential neck injury. That’s what you get for messing with the Empire City.

OLLIE meanwhile have signed a TV deal in Mexico with Canal Tres to show their shows. Nemesis and Sam Keith meanwhile have joined PSW as road agents, which meant only one thing. They were being considered for entry into the COTT. That’s fine, the more the merrier.

Bulldozer Brandon Smith won the BCG Challengers Series after beating Tanyu Toshusai. I hate Japanese wrestling, it never makes sense. I was happy for Bulldozer though. Also, Randall Hopkirk was retiring. Truly the end of an era right there.

Anyway, on with the first show:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TCPinho/NYCW%20Rush%20Hour%202016.jpg

NYCW Rush Hour 2016

Saturday, Week 2, January, 2016

The Ministry, Queens, New York City, New York

Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT!)

Opening Match: The Boys From The Yukon defeated Brutus Milano and Quentin Queen, Austin Smooth and Logan Wolfsbaine, and Samael The Accuser and Cobra in 9:44. (E+)

Got to get most of the young guys in there and see what’s what. Austin Smooth impressed, but no chemistry. Back to the drawing board.

Tag Team Match: Man Mountain Cahill and Andrew Harper defeated Brooklyn's Finest in 7:54 when Andrew Harper defeated Hawkeye Calhoun by pinfall with a Spike Slam. (E+)

Discovered Man Mountain Cahill has creative control, so needed to give him a winning match. Does anyone care about Brooklyn’s Finest yet? Not sure I do.

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Southern Stars © defeated Borne To Riot in 7:37 when Animal Harker defeated The New York Doll by pinfall with a Texas Meat-Grinder. During the match we also had Howlin' Mad Mort run in and attack Harker. The Southern Stars make defence number 5 of their NYCW Tag Team titles.

Should have known Animal and Tennessee had great chemistry. Decent match and decent win for the Southern Stars there.

ANGLE: Harper and Tennessee William come out and say that they will take the open challenge that The Boys From The Yukon issued. (E+)

Wait, what? No, not Harper… HARKER! Dammit, they’ll no doubt blame my terrible hand-writing.

TAG TEAM MATCH: The Ring Generals defeated Old School Principals in 20:48 when Dean Waldorf defeated Rick Sanders by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (E+)

So placing a technical match here was apparently a bad move. I also forgot to put the COTT World Tag Team Titles on the line. It’s all falling apart.

ANGLE: Honest Frank cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Roger Cage, apparently he’s going to win and become a 4-time champ. (D)

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: Crockett Tubbs © defeated Dermot O'Logical in 11:18 by submission with a Subway STF. (E)

So because the crowd had been flattened by the technical show they didn’t need more cooling down. Thus this monstrosity occurred. Larry was going to be mad.

ANGLE: Out comes new kid Ernest Youngman and says he wants the biggest, baddest dude in New York to test his skills against. Out comes Devastating Don. (E)

SINGLES MATCH: Ernest Youngman defeated Devastating Don in 8:24 by pinfall with The Hit. (D-)

So apparently the new kid got the crowd lifted, ready and buzzing. So despite Don sucking in air like he was about to pass out, Ernest may just have single-handedly saved the show from complete ruin. Good to know.

ANGLE: Bulldozer wants the Empire Title to himself and he’ll go through whoever it takes to get there. Veteran Steve Flash is out to teach him a lesson. (D-)

SINGLES MATCH: Bulldozer Brandon Smith drew with Steve Flash in 19:45 following a double count out.

That’s more like it. Two of our franchise players step up and deliver the best match of the night so far. Bulldozer has a massive future and Flash is as NYCW as you’ll get. Funny moment before the match when I explained to Flash that it was going to be a draw. He looked geared up to stand his ground when Bulldozer cracked his knuckles and all of a sudden everything was fine.

ANGLE: Roger Cage comes out with Cheerleader Nikki and the coolest pair of sunglasses this side of the Hudson. He’s ready to put the old man Frank down, then he’s going to go home for some Netflix and Chill with Nikki. Her response was to giggle, but she fell over on her high heels. (D+)

Thank god for Roger’s charisma, because Nikki looked awful out there and the two of them have zero chemistry.

MAIN EVENT EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Roger Cage © defeated Honest Frank in 12:33 by pinfall with a Cage Rage after Cheerleader Nicki interfered. (D-)

Well that sucked the wind out of the crowd and no mistake. We’d need to rethink our main event program after that, especially after Frank’s clearly deteriorating abilities.

SHOW RATING: E+

So we gained zero popularity and our show looks like a bucket of cr*p compared to other promotions. I told Bulldozer, Roger and Ernest that they were great after the show, which pleased them. Then Tennessee William took time out of his day to tell me that Howlin Mad Mort was going to be a star. Interesting…

But I’d have to check the end of month finances to figure out where we went from here.

Next time on Death of the Territories… We’d fire some people, turn some people and pray to the wrestling Gods for a better show. Then USPW come calling.

New York City…

So Roger Cage has signed with USPW and he’ll be joining along with Nelson Callum in a week’s time. They will help fill out the roster ready for their new show USPW: One to One exclusively on the Reverie Network.

So it was time to job him out. As we prepared for the Farewell Roger Show, I received word from the locker room:

Devastating Don had pulled a rib on Ernest Youngman backstage and left a dead fish in his gym bag. As an even-handed booker I fined him and he silently took it. Meanwhile Ernie Turner was in wrestler’s court in front of Judge Flash for not picking up a tab from the night before and was laughing as he was sentenced to buy everyone drinks tonight as was Quentin Queen for making a mess.

The system works people.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TCPinho/NYCW%20Old%20School.jpg

NYCW Old School Wrestling 1: Roger Cage Farewell Show

Friday, Week 4, January 2016

OPENING MATCH: Austin Smooth and Brutus Milano defeated Brooklyn's Finest, Cobra and Logan Wolfsbaine and Quentin Queen and Samael The Accuser in 9:43. (E)

Still no chemistry and in fact a worse match. How annoying. Might need to stop running these matches soon and just make a decision on who to keep or not.

SINGLES MATCH: Ernest Youngman defeated Devastating Don in 5:59 by pinfall with The Hit. (D-)

Burial, domination, bye bye Devastating Don. He’s a locker room cancer, his behaviour hasn’t improved and he looks terrible.

ANGLE: Ernest tells Don to ‘get outta my ring’ and then says that he’s putting the title-holders of NYCW on notice. He wants the gold. All of the gold! (D)

COTT WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES MATCH: The Ring Generals © defeated Old School Principals in 7:57 when Dean Waldorf defeated The Masked Mauler by pinfall with a Wheelbarrow Bomb. (D-)

Decent little match and remembered to put the titles on the line too. I might need to unify the tag team titles eventually, but for now we’re the only promotion in the world with two tag team champions.

SINGLES MATCH: Andrew Harper defeated Dermot O'Logical in 6:27 by pinfall with a Spike Slam. (E)

I asked them to cool the crowd off and I think they did it a bit too well. Not really sure how I feel about either of these chaps. I’d imagine I find them dull, but will keep them around.

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Boys From The Yukon drew with The Southern Stars © in 11:48 following a double disqualification.

A big brawl between burly men. Simple and effective and the story goes on.

ANGLE: A bloodied Southern Stars grab the mic and demand a rematch against the Boys from the Yukon as soon as possible. (D-)

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: Crockett Tubbs © defeated Geoff Borne in 8:06 by submission with a Subway STF. (E+)

Better stuff, but really nothing special from either guy there. And when you’re not better than Geoff Borne, there’s a problem.

ANGLE: Bulldozer Brandon Smith is ready for his title shot tonight against Roger Cage and to fulfil his destiny at the top of the card. (D+)

FATAL FOURWAY MATCH: Man Mountain Cahill defeated Honest Frank, Steve Flash and The New York Doll in 8:17 when Man Mountain Cahill defeated The New York Doll by pinfall with a Mountain Topper. (D)

Another ‘use them up’ match and it served it’s purpose. Cahill’s creative control however is becoming a nuisance.

ANGLE: Roger Cage comes out alone to thank the fans for everything they’ve done to him. While he may be heading South (Booooo!) his heart will always be in New York. ©

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Roger Cage © in 21:50 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver. (D)

Actually disappointing for a main event, but it needed to happen and we’ll put it down to Roger tearing up mid-match. Plus we can’t stay mad at either of these guys.

SHOW RATING: D- (popularity boost)

And with that Roger leaves The Ministry for the enemy and we bemoan our lack of viable main event talent. We have a plan, but first we need to clear the deadwood.

Next time on Death of the Territories… We need to stop running our multi-man tag team openers for a bit and concentrate on starting some new story lines.

New York City…

So we fired Devastating Don, Dermot O’Logical, Geoff Borne, Man Mountain Cahill and Cheerleader Nikki, which should save us some money. This is particularly important as in January, as we lost $24,440. Gulp. We did offer Bulldozer an extra $100 an appearance to re-sign him for 3 more years and Masked Mauler a $30 pay cut.

We also finished last in our regional battles in New England (RIPW and PSW) and the Mid-Atlantic (MAW and PSW). Fortunately PSW are joining the COTT as of February, so hopefully that should temper some of the losses there. Also joining us are FCW from Puerto Rico. TCW meanwhile are cutting back workers to save money too. We’d have to keep our eyes on that situation. Although Eddie Peake has jumped to USPW already.

Elsewhere Nicolas Lopez defeated Greg Gauge in the finals of the Rip Chord Invitational XI in a C-rated match that makes us feel very inadequate and we start scouting both guys as potential people to bring in. Land Mass, a former NYCW mainstay has announced his retirement. Shame we can’t hire him to give him the send-off he deserves.

NYCW Old School Wrestling 2: Bulldozer vs. Frank

Friday, Week 4, February 2016

OPENING COTT WORLD TAG TITLE MATCH: The Ring Generals © defeated The Boys From The Yukon in 9:44 when Marv Statler defeated Howlin' Mad Mort by pinfall with a Wheelbarrow Bomb following interference from Animal Harker. (D)

Best opening match so far. Got to love The Ring Generals. Plus it boosts the popularity of the North and South storyline between Southern Stars and The Boys from the Yukon.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine is out to say that he’s done with teaming and he wants to start his climb to the top now!” (E)

SINGLES MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Samael The Accuser in 5:50 by submission with a Boston Crab. (E)

Bah! Logan was off his game and as such, this sucked! I am not impressed.

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Southern Stars © defeated Austin Smooth and Quentin Queen in 7:48 when Animal Harker defeated Quentin Queen by pinfall with a handful of tights. During the match we also had Howlin' Mad Mort run in and attack Harker. (D-)

So apparently Quentin Queen was easily the weak link and off his game. That’s pretty dangerous lack of effort considering I’m wielding the sword of Damocles right now.

ANGLE: Old School Principals are out for an interview and Sanders says later tonight he’s going to get himself into the Empire title hunt. Masked Mauler just held his clawed hand and shouted “CLAW!!! CLAW!!!” (D-)

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: The Masked Mauler defeated Crockett Tubbs © in 18:48 by submission with an Iron Claw. (D-)

Woah, this two have got some amazing chemistry and what a time for Crockett Tubbs to discover that, because I was going to fire him next. OK Crock, you keep your job for now.

TAG TEAM MATCH: Brutus Milano and Andrew Harper defeated Brooklyn's Finest in 5:41 when Andrew Harper defeated Freedom Eagle by pinfall with a Spike Slam. (E+)

And from one bit of chemistry to the next. Harper and Milano have great chemistry teaming together, thus saving both of their jobs too.

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman is annoyed about being passed over for a title shot tonight. But he understands working for everything you want. So he’ll just keep winning and it’ll happen. (D+)

SINGLES MATCH: Ernest Youngman defeated The New York Doll in 7:53 by pinfall with The Hit. (D)

Simple and effective work from both men.

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: Steve Flash defeated William Jetterson and Rick Sanders in 10:23 when Steve Flash defeated William Jetterson by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D)

Forgot to include Jetterson (AKA Cobra) earlier, so he gets into the semi-main event and… does quite well. Good on him.

ANGLE: Bulldozer Brandon Smith is ready to be a ‘fighting champion’ and he’ll beat everyone, starting with Honest Frank. (D+)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Bulldozer Brandon Smith © defeated Honest Frank in 10:39 by pinfall while pulling Frank’s tights. (D+)

Good match right there as Bulldozer immediately starts repaying us for our faith in him.

SHOW RATING: D-

Not bad, not great, but the chemistry between Harper and Milano gave me an idea.

Then I received word that Marc Dubois was back in the business.

Was that worth a gamble?

Next time in Death of the Territories… Bulldozer and Animal finish their tours of Japan, a new faction rises to power in the Empire State and we finally learn Honest Frank’s surname.

New York City…

Well we turned a miniscule profit of $788 last month, but a profit is a profit. We’re going to run Frank vs. Bulldozer again and hope for another good match. Also we’re looking to launch a story to take us through the year.

Using our knowledge of profits, we up our music to local and our live event experience to small. We also re-signed Honest Frank to a 3-year contract extension at $120 less than before. Waylon Walls is gone from CZCW and USPW have released… Oh my.

NYCW Old School Wrestling 3: Bulldozer vs. Frank II

Friday, Week 4, March 2016

OPENING TAG TEAM MATCH: The Milano Crew defeated Brooklyn's Finest in 7:43 when Brutus Milano defeated Freedom Eagle by submission with an Italian Backbreaker. (E+)

That’s right, we’ve dressed Brutus in a crisp suit and turned him into a mafiosa-style character, complete with his consigliari Mr. Harper. Great gimmicks. Terrible match though.

SINGLES MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated The New York Doll in 6:14 by submission with a Smooth Hold. (D-)

Decent little match from these two. Just buffing the crowd into a frenzy.

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLES TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: The Southern Stars © defeated The Boys From The Yukon and Quentin Queen and Samael The Accuser in 8:03. (E+)

Poor Boys from the Yukon, they still haven’t got their two-on-two match. But they will. The pleasure is in the delay.

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: Crockett Tubbs © defeated The Masked Mauler in 10:55 by count out. (E+)

Ouch. Alright, despite their apparently amazing chemistry, this match still sucked the wind out of the crowd. What is up with that? Still got to have the rubber match at some point.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine ain’t afraid of no snakes. Cobra William Jetterson begs to differ. Insta-feud. (E+)

SINGLES MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine drew with William Jetterson in 8:18 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (D-)

Not bad from the young guys. Might be time to move them into the ring with more polished professionals.

ANGLE: Honest Frank is out to tease the crowd with his real name. But he avoids telling them, but will if he beats Bulldozer Brandon Smith tonight. (D+)

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: Rick Sanders defeated Dean Waldorf and Marv Statler in 8:22 when Rick Sanders defeated Marv Statler by submission with a Figure Four Leglock after blatantly cheating. (D)

Hmm disappointing match and I’m starting to wonder if I’m putting matches that are too short in here?

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman is now ready for his title match. Steve Flash’s music hits. “First you gotta get through me.” (D+)

SINGLES MATCH: Steve Flash defeated Ernest Youngman in 12:47 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. (D+)

Good match from two of my favourite guys right there. I hope they’re prepared for an extended feud now.

ANGLE: Bulldozer Brandon Smith doesn’t care what Honest Frank’s real name is, so it doesn’t matter that we’ll never find out. Cos he ain’t about to lose the title he’s fought for years to get. (C-)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Honest Frank defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith © in 13:01 when Bulldozer Brandon Smith was counted out fighting with masked assailants at ringside. (D)

ANGLE: The two masked men continue to attack Bulldozer and pull off their masks to reveal Andrew Harper and Brutus Milano. Frank grabs the mic:

“Well I won, and in case you’re wondering, the name’s Honest Frank Milano and I’m the head of this family.” (E+)

That’s right people, The Milano Family are now a thing. What sells tickets better than an American-Italian mob family who can wrestle?

I suppose good wrestlers. But this is NYCW and we’re not about that.

We finished last in our New England and Mid-Atlantic regional battles, but only lost $51. So that’s not bad. By the way, USPW released Tyson Baine. He absolutely refused to answer my calls.

Next time on Death of the Territories… The Milano Family have taken NYCW by storm. What will they do next? One thing’s for certain, it won’t be a C-rated match.

New York City…

We’re going to plough ahead with The Milano Family feuds and give a couple of guys a last chance before we cut them to save money and increase our productions. Rip’s son Jay Chord won the TCW International Title it seems. Blimey he’s a decent worker. The Wild Cats lost the CZCW Tag Team Titles to Rich and Famous.

In our locker room Brutus Milano and Dean Waldorf are now friends, and The Masked Mauler has taken Logan Wolfsbaine under his wing as a protégé.

NYCW Old School Wrestling 4: Bulldozer vs. Frank III

Friday, Week 4, April 2016

OPENING TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH: The Milano Crew defeated Brooklyn's Finest and Samael The Accuser and Quentin Queen in 8:27. E+

We will be saying goodbye to Brooklyn’s Finest after this match. With one or the other always off their game, combined with their stupid gimmick and I can’t even bring myself to have them lose.

ANGLE: The Milano Crew fancy some gold to go with their suits. Southern Stars… The Rings Generals. We’re coming for you. Badda bing, badda bang, badda BOOM! (D-)

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: The Masked Mauler © defeated Crockett Tubbs in 8:55 by submission with an Iron Claw. (D-)

Yup, even with the chemistry we’re getting rid of Crockett Tubbs too.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine is out and he wants a rematch with William Jetterson. May the best man win. (D-)

SINGLES MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine drew with William Jetterson in 8:02 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (D)

The story continues between our two young bucks.

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Southern Stars © defeated The Boys From The Yukon in 13:24 when Tennessee William defeated Whitehorse Whittaker by pinfall by using underhanded tactics.

(D)

Boys from the Yukon are screwed and despite the appearance of the Milano Crew, this feud will go again. They’ve got a nice rhythm to their matches and I like both teams.

SINGLES MATCH: Rick Sanders defeated Austin Smooth in 6:24 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. (D-)

Toilet break match to calm everyone down before the grand finale. It was actually better than I expected with the old school helping the new beautifully.

SINGLES MATCH: Marv Statler defeated Dean Waldorf in 19:29 by pinfall with a Backdrop Backbreaker. (D)

The Ring Generals, tempted by their triple threat match last time decide to test their skills. Marv proves the victor in a closely fought match.

ANGLE: The Ring Generals shake hands just in time for the Milano Family to attack and beat them to the ground. (E-)

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman admits he underprepared for Steve Flash, but he’s ready to try his hand again. (C-)

SINGLES MATCH: Ernest Youngman defeated Steve Flash in 18:39 by disqualification. (D+)

He kept Flash strong by beating a lesson into Ernest and getting himself DQ’d. We’re going to need a rubber match and I suspect it’s going to top both of these. Fingers crossed.

ANGLE: Simple promo by Bulldozer Brandon Smith as he tells The Milano Family, he’s ready. (D+)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Bulldozer Brandon Smith © defeated Honest Frank Milano in 11:33 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver. (D+)

Another good match between these two to finally settle the score. No interference this time as I want the Milano’s to regroup and it’s always nice to have a definitive full stop before moving on.

How is that D-? Outrageous. It’s fixed I tells you. FIX!!!

We also lost $131 and came last in the regional battles.

CHANGES. RING IN THE CHANGES!

Next time on Death of the Territories… You heard the man, ring in the changes.

New York City…

Brooklyn’s Whatever, Quentin Queen and Crockett Tubbs are gone. I try to get rid of Ernie Turner, but Tennessee loves the guy. So he stays, for now. With their wage money we opt to increase our music to In House and Broadcast Quality to Hired Pro. We will not be defeated again.

With that in mind, we started working on licensed music to amend in-house and use, which are as follows:

Honest Frank Milano – That’s Amore (Dean Martin)

The Milano Crew – New York, New York (Frank Sinatra)

Bulldozer Brandon Smith – Born in the USA (Bruce Springsteen)

Steve Flash – Flash (Queen)

Ernest Youngman – Search and Destroy (The Stooges)

Logan Wolfsbaine – Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo (Rick Derringer)

William Jetterson – Poison (Alice Cooper)

The New York Doll – Hey Ho Let’s Go (The Ramones)

Austin Smooth – Smooth (Santana ft Rob Thomas)

Samael the Accuser – Carmina Burana (Orff)

Marv Statler & Dean Waldorf – Lonely Road of Faith (Kid Rock)

Old School Principals – Run to the Hills (Iron Maiden)

Southern Stars – Freebird (Lynard Skynard)

The Boys from the Yukon – O Canada (National Anthem)

CZCW held their legendary show Welcome to the Coastal Zone and the main event saw Nicolas Lopez beat Storm Spillane to retain the COTT World Title. Meanwhile Greg Gauge continues to steal the show in MAW on the regular. Git.

THEN… then! I receive word of a contract negotiation and even worse in the short term… The Ring Generals lost the COTT World Titles to Acid II and Lightning Lomas. DAMN YOU PSW. You will pay for that one.

Then the contract negotiation reaches a conclusion.

On with the show. Before which Tennessee William organised a poker tournament for the boys. Bless him.

NYCW Old School Wrestling 5: A Flash in the Pan

Friday, Week 2, May 2016

OPENING TAG TEAM MATCH: The Milano Crew defeated Samael The Accuser and Austin Smooth in 7:56 when Andrew Harper defeated Austin Smooth by pinfall with a Total Elimination! (E+)

That’s about enough momentum. Time to move them on to the tag title scene.

ANGLE: The Milano Family are still in the hunt for some GOLD! (D-)

SINGLES MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine defeated William Jetterson in 11:06 by submission with a Boston Crab. (D)

Actually a little disappointed there, but Logan gets the duke and we prepare to move him on to something new.

ANGLE: Logan tells Masked Mauler to keep his eyes peeled. Cos he’s coming for that title. (D)

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLES: The Boys From The Yukon defeated The Southern Stars © in 11:04 when Tennessee William was disqualified while fighting Howlin' Mad Mort. (D)

Time for a rubber match between them and it’s going to be an all-out brawl. Can’t wait. It’ll probably suck though.

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: The Masked Mauler © defeated The New York Doll in 7:09 by submission with an Iron Claw. (E)

Bugger. No chemistry. It was a pee break match anyway, but I reckon the crowd is now stone cold.

ANGLE: Honest Frank Milano tells Bulldozer that he’s not won. In fact it’s just beginning. (D)

SINGLES MATCH: Honest Frank Milano defeated Rick Sanders in 6:03 by pinfall with a Frank-N-Hurter. (E-)

Another doesn’t click note. Sweet baby Jesus and all the virgins. It’s my fault for going heel vs. heel isn’t it?

COTT WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Ring Generals defeated Acid II and Lightning Lomas © in 18:25 when Dean Waldorf defeated Acid II by pinfall with a Wheelbarrow Bomb. (D+)

BOOM! Champs again. I will not have some thrown together team of nobodies knock my boys from the top. Hopefully the other promotions take notice. Also Marv Statler introduced a new ‘comeback spot’ which got the crowd buzzing. These guys really are wrestling Gods.

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman invites any of the young guys in the back to come and test their metal against him. Strange jungle sounds blare out of the speakers. (D-)

COTT WORLD TITLE MATCH: Ernest Youngman defeated Nicolas Lopez in 11:36 by count out after the champ decided enough was enough. (D)

I WILL BURY ANY AND ALL WORKERS YOU HAVE IF I WANT TO COTT. LEARN THE LESSON.

ANGLE: Bulldozer thanks the fans for their support during his rise to the top. He loves them very much and will continue to be a fighting champion for as long as he can be. (D+)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Steve Flash defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith © in 12:44 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. (D)

Bulldozer has signed with NOTBPW and so we have to move the title on again. Flash is an old hand, and nobody is going to try and steal him. So he works for now. Bad match considering it’s these two though.

Looking back on the show I may have panicked a bit there. But we’re swimming against the tide and doing the best we can. It’s just the best we can is the worst of the regional companies at the moment. It’ll all change.

Probably.

In tragic news a tsunami hit Japan and devastated the lands. We lost $4k due to our silly COTT stunt and came last in regional battles again. But we sign Brutus to a new contract, because he feels like a future star.

Next time on Death of the Territories… An emergency COTT meeting is called…

Looks like you really do have an uphill battle ahead of you. I liked the whole upgrading of music production in game translating to you picking their entrance songs. I've got faith Flash can be a good champion for a while and you obviously need a main guy who will stick around.

Secret COTT Headquarters…

The meeting room was busier than normal, what with all the new members we had taken in and a heated discussion was taking place.

“While we’re discussing the titles Larry, care to explain what the HELL that last show of yours was about?” snapped Sam Keith.

“Yeah I’d love to. This idiot,” he said directly to Mitch Naess owner of PSW. “He changed the tag titles from the established team of the Ring Generals to some thrown together rubbish. He’s disrespecting the alliance.”

“You’re just annoyed cos your boys lost,” sniped Naess.

“You’re damn right I am,” he spat back. “There are plenty of ways to end the match without switching the title.”

“Like you did with Lopez and Yonugman?” sneered OLLIE owner Joaquin Soler.

“Exactly, consider that a lesson to the newer members in how to handle these matches, and how to run a frickin wrestling company,” said Vessey.

He was fired up and I didn’t blame him. Naess had been playing bitchy mcsnipe throughout the whole meeting. The two had history of course, always playing a game of one-upmanship in the Tri-State region. Their entry to COTT was always going to cause problems.

“Well I don’t see what the problem is,” said Naess. “The Generals were happy to lay down, there really was no need…”

“You’re new here,” interrupted Larry. “So let me spell out a few things. This isn’t the old days, when you were part of a relevant wrestling promotion…”

“That’s enough!” snapped Keith. “Stop it, both of you. This is a confederation and I will not tolerate in-fighting. We’ve got enough problems with Packer as it is.”

“Vhat problems,” said the enormous man in the corner.

“He wants to put us all out of business,” replied Sam. “And it’s nice to see you do speak Mr. Puerto Rican Power. Do you have an actual name I can address you by?”

“No,” he replied.

“I see. Well fine, welcome to the COTT and hopefully you will be part of a long-standing tradition of mutual help for us independent promoters.”

“Yes,” said Power. “Although we did not have much choice. Running a business in Puerto Rico is not easy.”

“Why don’t you branch out a bit?” said Naess. “California is nice.”

“Don’t you drag us into it,” replied Cliff Anderson. “You concentrate on co-existing with your best buddies over there and leave the West Coast alone.”

Naess smirked. I didn’t like him one bit, but it made good business sense to paly nice.

“With USPW in mind, has anyone had any further dealings with them?”

“You mean other than them stealing our Empire Champion,” said Larry.

“Did anyone even notice he was gone?” Naess laughed.

Larry leapt across the table, but the blonde guy with a black beard called Teddy Powell intercepted him. Naess continued to laugh. I rolled my eyes.

“You better take your hands off me Teddy,” said Larry. “I may be older, but I can actually wrestle.”

“Calm down man,” said Teddy. “There’s no need to fight.”

Naess stood up.

“We’re in Sam, for all this. But I am going to single-handedly make it my business to put this chump out of business.”

With that Teddy let go of Larry and left with his boss.

“So,” said Larry once he’d regained his compsure. “I vote to remove PSW from the COTT.”

“That,” replied Sam. “Is not going to happen. You just need to find a way to co-exist. Meeting adjourned.”

In the hallway out of the building, Larry grabbed my arm.

“Kid, I don’t care how you do it, but we are going to run that swine out of business. Spend all the money you want, burn all the bridges. Nothing is off limits. Take em down. We’ll figure out a way to convince the others it wasn’t us after the fact. It’s always better to act and apologise, than sit by.”

I nodded.

Next time on Death of the Territories… We’re at war, but who will strike the first blow? Here’s a hint: It won’t be us. Because we were about to sign someone huge.

New York City…

We signed someone. Someone big. He’ll be debuting at the next show. I am VERY excited.

Over in Pittsburgh, PSW held their annual SlamMania event, which was headlined by Lopez retaining the COTT World Title against JD Morgan and Ash Campbell. The show was a D rating overall, so I just need to top that. For the first time. Ever.

So as we gear up for the show, we discover that Andrew Harper got himself so wound up he got into an argument with LARRY F’ING VESSEY AND TRIED TO KNOCK HIM OUT. We had to act tough and fined him. His behaviour improved, but he was not happy about it. Larry fortunately was. Only in New York would someone try and punch out the boss.

I don’t know what else to do about that.

NYCW Old School Wrestling 6: Shots Fired

Friday, Week 4, June 2016

OPENING NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Milano Crew defeated The Southern Stars © in 9:41 when Brutus Milano defeated Animal Harker by submission with an Italian Backbreaker after interference from Honest Frank Milano. (D-)

The Milano Crew take the tag titles before the Southern Stars rubber match with the Boys from the Yukon. They switched out for a shot at the COTT later tonight instead. All that gold really suits those Italian custom-made suits.

ANGLE: The Milano Crew tell The Ring Generals or the hairy Canadians that they’ll happily destroy whomever is the champs and unify the belts… for the family. (D-)

FATAL FOURWAY MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated Samael The Accuser, The New York Doll and William Jetterson in 7:41 when Austin Smooth defeated Samael The Accuser by submission with a Smooth Hold. (D-)

Wanted to give Smooth some love. Plus if you’re not making new stars, what are you doing?

ANGLE: Honest Frank Milano is out and he has a message for his opponent tonight, Steve Flash. Sometimes, when you think you know the answers, I change all the questions. Remember, blood is thicker than water. (C-)

COTT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Ring Generals © defeated The Boys From The Yukon in 12:01 when Dean Waldorf defeated Whitehorse Whittaker by pinfall with a handful of tights. (D)

Good enough match as we build towards the inevitable Ring Generals/Milano Family showdown.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine loves all the competition in NYCW and he wants to test his metal against ‘one of the old boys.’ (D)

SINGLES MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Rick Sanders in 8:26 by submission with a Boston Crab. (D+)

Woah, great match and all because of Logan and his incredible talents. He is making a mark and I have noticed.

ANGLE: The Masked Mauler is out and he’s rambling about ‘Iron Claws!’ and ‘Title for Champions!’ when Ernest Youngman interrupts and accepts his ‘challenge.’ (D)

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: Ernest Youngman defeated The Masked Mauler © in 7:54 by pinfall with The Hit. (C-)

Where the Hell did that come from? Ernest is a wrestling God! No chemistry notes, no ‘wild brawl’ notes or anything. Just a straight-up match. I’m speechless.

ANGLE: Steve Flash hits the ring ready for the main event. Then Honest Frank comes out with a microphone.

“Flash dear boy, you’ll have to excuse me, but I think I ate too much of Mama Milano’s spaghetti and meatballs. My stomach is killing me. So I’ll skip the match tonight if you don’t mind. But don’t worry, my baby bro has stepped up to help me out. He’ll guide us to the promised land. I don’t think you know him, his name is Tommasso.”

The sounds of the classic Godfather theme intro starts to play and then morphs into the BobSlasher dubstep remix as the curtain opens…

A ripped Adonis of a man enters and the crowd erupts into chants.

“GUIDE! GUIDE! GUIDE!”

©

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Tommasso Milano defeated Steve Flash © in 22:49 by pinfall with a Guided Missile after Honest Frank Milano interfered. (C-)

Boom goes the dynamite.

SHOW RATING: D+

Next time on Death of the Territories… He’s expensive, but the former Guide is here to take the fight to our enemies. So you all, better pay homage, to the man.

New York City…

I feel drunk on power. Tommasso was going to lead us to the Promised Land. The fact that for us the Promised Land for us was regional is neither here nor there.

CZCW held their annual Battle On the Beach in which Donnie J finally dropped the title to Masked Cougar. Our Ring Generals also retained the COTT titles against Going Coastal. Then the ever-delightful Cliff started running down IPW in the press. That a boy.

In Pittsburgh PSW ran Wasteland 2016 and I noticed that Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Ernest Youngman in a cracking match for the PSW National Title.

Interesting.

Then they take Tommasso on alliance loan.

Is that a first shot? Feels like a first shot.

NYCW Old School Wrestling 7: Milano vs. Flash II

Friday, Week 4, July 2016

OPENING NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Milano Crew © defeated The Southern Stars in 12:27 when Animal Harker was counted out while fighting Andrew Harper. (D-)

Match two in this feud and the heat is building. The Milano’s have one eye on the Ring Generals, but the multi-time champs still have juice in the tank.

ANGLE: The Milano Crew run off the Southern Stars and remind The Ring Generals that they’re coming for them. (D-)

SINGLES MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated Samael The Accuser in 8:08 by submission with a Smooth Hold. (D-)

Decent little match to highlight the young talent we have on the roster.

ANGLE: William Jetterson is out with Sir Hiss the snake to talk about being run over too much. Now everyone is going to find out that you never back a cobra into a corner. (E+)

SINGLES MATCH: William Jetterson defeated The New York Doll in 8:11 by submission with a Viper Vice. (E+)

Oh dear. Not the finest start to Jetterson’s mini-push. He’s young and packed with talent, but it might be time to keep him cool until an obvious slot opens up.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine is looking forward to his Tri-State Regional title match later. He likes Ernest, but when it comes to success, nothing will stand in his way (D)

COTT WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: The Ring Generals © defeated Old School Principals and The Boys From The Yukon in 8:23 with wheelbarrow bomb. (D)

Keeping the COTT champs strong because I don’t trust the other territories to do the same.

ANGLE: The champ Ernest Youngman is out to tell Logan that he respects him. Let’s just fight and may the best man win. ©

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: Ernest Youngman © defeated Logan Wolfsbaine in 13:17 by pinfall with The Hit following interference from The Masked Mauler. After the match we also had Rick Sanders run in and attack Youngman. (C+)

Booyah. That right there is the best match in NYCW history. Beautiful boys. Beautiful, beautiful boys.

ANGLE: Old School Principals beatdown Logan and Ernest leaving them in a pool of their own blood. (E+)

ANGLE: Tommasso Milano is out in his custom Italian suit and he treats the New York City sweat-pigs to a show and slowly strips down to his wrestling attire. (C+)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Tommasso Milano © defeated Steve Flash in 22:22 by pinfall with a Guided Missile after Honest Frank Milano interfered. (C-)

An excellent match right here and Tommasso continues to impress.

Roderick Remus and Cheetah Boy defeated Greg Gauge and The Architect to win the Sam Keith Classic VI. That looks like a good match. And then…

REGIONAL! WE HIT REGIONAL!

Apparently we need two more workers to not appear amateurish. I wonder where I can get them from? Perhaps the Territories have the answer. Sure we lost $5k this month and came second in both regional battles, but who cares. We’re really going for it now.

Next time on Death of the Territories… Regional landscape changes set us up nicely to go after PSW once and for all.

New York City…

A new Japanese promotion has risen from the ashes of a dead and dying industry over there. WINNOW. They look sort of cool, being a women's fed and all that.

So PSW held Last Gasp 1 last night and in the main event they had Ernest Youngman defeat Nicolas Lopez to claim the COTT World Title. Interesting mind game there. I think I might use their story-leading to push forward my own plans.

Either way, we’d signed three new stars and frankly, I reckon I could slot them into the main event straight away. Somehow I’ve accidently found my way into assembling a roster of some of the most exciting talent on the planet. I’m going to use them to win this months battle.

Oh and we’re moving to the main island…

NYCW Old School Wrestling 8: The Next Step

Friday, Week 4, August 2016

Pencil Park, Manhatten, New York City, New York

Attendance: 1,704

OPENING COTT WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: The Ring Generals © defeated The Boys From The Yukon and Old School Principals in 9:41. (D)

I feel a bit sorry for these two mainstay teams that I’m sacrificing for the bigger picture. But I will unify these titles if it kills me.

SINGLES MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated Robin DaLay in 5:13 by submission with a Smooth Hold. (D-)

The first of the new signings coming in tonight and the second generation superstar gives a good account of himself. Is it me or is Austin Smooth gaining a bit of momentum?

SINGLES MATCH: William Jetterson defeated Xavi Ferrera in 7:39 by submission with a Viper Vice. (D)

Straight from PSW, we present Xavi Ferrera and job him straight out. That being said. He gave a good performance here. Now to convince him we’re the place to be loyal.

ANGLE: The Milano Crew are ready for the dog collar match with the Southern Stars. Let’s end this. Bada-bing, bada-bang, bada-BOOM! (E+)

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLE DOG COLLAR MATCH: The Milano Crew © defeated The Southern Stars in a Dog Collar match in 13:04 when Brutus Milano defeated Tennessee William by submission with an Italian Backbreaker. (D)

Actually a little disappointed with this one. I was hoping that they might excel themselves. In fact Brutus Milano, the golden boy, was the weak link. Dangerous time in the company’s history to not be impressive I’d imagine.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine doesn’t blame Ernest for taking advantage of the distraction from Old School Principals. But he’s going to win the rematch and fulfil his destiny. (D)

SINGLES MATCH: Samael The Accuser defeated The New York Doll in 5:46 by pinfall with a Poison Of God. (E)

This was to cool the crowd off. It worked. I don’t like it.

ANGLE: The music for Monday Night Football starts playing and out walks Ross Henry. Former NFL dynamo-turned-pro-wrestler. He’s happy to be here and is used to being a winner. Tonight he takes the first step in his latest success story. The crowd goes ballistic and then Greg Gauge comes out. He’s new here too and happy to give the young egg-chaser a chance. (C+)

Yup, we signed Sam Keith’s technician wunderkid and the most popular and well known free agent on the market. To say that expectations for them both a high would be an understatement. Let’s see PSW top this.

SINGLES EXHIBITION MATCH: Ross Henry defeated Greg Gauge in 13:29 by count out. (C-)

And straight off the bat, with no momentum or story behind them, they deliver.

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman comes out with the COTT World Title and the Tri-State Regional. He’s happy to put one on the line, but Logan has a long way to go before he reaches World Title level. But he has faith in him. (C-)

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATCH: Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Ernest Youngman © in 12:46 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex following interference from Rick Sanders. During the match we also had The Masked Mauler run in and attack Youngman. ©

Another good match, although a slight disappointment from last time. Still Logan gets the title as we prepare to launch Ernest into the stratosphere. Soon.

ANGLE: It’s time for Tommasso to do his normal strip-tease routine, but Steve Flash is out with a ladder and the match starts. (B-)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE LADDER MATCH: Tommasso Milano © defeated Steve Flash in a Ladder match in 23:03 when Tommasso Milano retrieved the item. ©

So last time he had C+ from Tri-State and C- from Empire, this time it’s Cs all round.

I notice that MAW ran the Battle of Mid-Atlantic at the same time as me, but without Greg Gauge. Because I used him. I can’t imagine Sam Keith will be happy about that.

We finished last in New England and second in Mid-Atlantic and lost over $7k. What to do, what to do? We fired Samael the Accusor, because he was doing nothing.

Next time on Death of the Territories… Gang Wars 2016.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DevinTEW13" data-cite="DevinTEW13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41832" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm in love with this. Milano family for life.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hahaha, thanks for the kind words. Everyone else too. It's a really fun game to play actually. I've simmed up to the end of the year and am looking into 2017 with a mix of fear and excitement.</p><p> </p><p> I have no idea where it's going to go.</p><p> </p><p> But fear not, the Milano Family are still heavily involved.</p>

New York City…

SWF have made an offer for Michael Bull. What the Hell? There are tonnes of referees out there by jingo. Why come for mine?

Masked Mauler is passing some tips onto Logan, his protégé. That can only be a good thing. Say what you will about Mauler, but he’s got some psychology.

Anyway, on to Gang Wars…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TCPinho/NYCW%20Gang%20Wars.jpg

NYCW Gang Wars 2016

Friday, Week 4, September 2016

Attendance: 1,950

OPENING GANG WARS MATCH: William Jetterson and The Boys From The Yukon defeated Austin Smooth and The Southern Stars in 10:16 when Howlin' Mad Mort defeated Animal Harker by pinfall with a Tree-Feller. (D-)

How far have the Southern Stars fallen since the glory days of a few months back. Still solid opener.

ANGLE: The Milano Family are gearing up for a night of success against Flash and the Ring Generals. (D-)

CLASSIC GANG WARS MATCH: The Masked Man and Old School Principals defeated Xavi Ferrera, The New York Doll and Robin DaLay in 7:39 when Masked Man defeated Robin DaLay by pinfall with a scoop slam. (E+)

A ‘get everyone on the card’ match that was fine for what it was. The Masked Man getting the win is interesting.

ANGLE: Tommasso Milano comes out for his New York-inspired strip-tease. (B-)

CLASSIC GANG WARS MATCH: The Milano Family (Tommasso Milano, Andrew Harper and Brutus Milano) defeated Steve Flash and The Ring Generals in 22:28 when Tommasso Milano defeated Dean Waldorf by pinfall with a Guided Missile. (D+)

Good match, although part of me was hoping for something a little better considering the talent involved. Still we’ve got two potentially awesome rematches to save the card.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is out to massive applause and to thank NYC for making him feel so at home. He’s going to give Gauge another bite of the cherry right now. (B-)

SINGLES MATCH: Ross Henry defeated Greg Gauge in 11:41 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. ©

It’s a step up the card and a step up in quality. Might just squeeze a third between them, or perhaps escalate things for Henry at the next show.

ANGLE: Ernest is out to praise Logan for his title win last time and to say that while they’re tied 1-1 in their friendly series, he will absolutely not lose his COTT World Title. No matter the cost. (D+)

COTT WORLD TITLE MATCH: Ernest Youngman © defeated Logan Wolfsbaine in 22:11 by pinfall with The Hit. (C-)

ANGLE: Ernest and Logan shake hands like men after the bell. (D+)

ANGLE: The Milano Family rush in and attack both men, laying a beatdown on the hapless fighters. (D)

Still can’t quite crack the D+ nut, but then I suppose with my sub-standard production costs that’s not exactly likely at this stage.

After the show Steve Flash wants me to know that he thinks Howlin Mad Mort is a star in the making. That’s the second person to do that now. But how can I possibly get that happening quicker? I suppose a win would help.

PSW held Stormy Weather and only got a D, despite having a Grandmaster Phunk vs. Ernest Youngman match on the undercard. Hah! In MAW Greg Gauge and Hal Harvard fought in a B- match at the top. So they’re going to beat us. While in CZCW Masked Cougar beat Donnie J in B-rated match. Blimey.

Michael Bull is gone, as are The New York Doll and Ernie Turner, whose contracts I completely forgot to deal with. Still that will save us some money. Speaking of which, we lost $6k this month. We also finished 2nd in both regional battles. I’d move Rick Sanders, whose close to retirement into the commentator’s seat and roll from there.

I was in a tough spot. I needed more money to cover our costs, but the quickest way was to spend more. I suppose we did have $200,000 in the bank still.

Next time on Death of the Territories… He announce our first figurehead and a new main-eventer emerges.

New York City…

We realised that we had many options for a figurehead. Most of them seemed poor, but we’d be damned if we didn’t have one. Ross Henry seemed like a good choice, so we’d go with him for now and see how it worked out.

We were also really pleased with our burgeoning roster of talented workers. We wanted more. We wanted them all, but were worried by going broke before we became popular enough to start making money.

CZCW held Hardcore Halloween with Cougar defeating Sparrow on the top of the card in a B- match. I was jealous. Meanwhile PSW held Fire in the Hole main evented by Youngman defeating Powell to retain the COTT World Title in a C+ match for a C- overall. Also Logan Wolfsbaine won the tag titles with Xavier Reckless.

Greg Gauge agreed to tour with PGHW, so we’d have to rearrange our monthly show to a Thursday. I wonder if MAW would do the same?

Then I discovered RIPW were now hostile with us, which seemed unnecessary. But add them to the list. They knocked out a D+ event. I felt confident I could beat them. We then find out Marat Khoklov had returned… And he allowed us negotiate… then told us we were too small.

Masked Mauler continued training Logan. Bless them.

NYCW Old School 9: The Fight for Figurehead

Thursday, Week 4, October 2016

Attendance: 1,832

OPENING TAG TEAM TRIPLE THREAT MATCH: The Southern Stars defeated The Boys From The Yukon and Old School Principals in 10:14. (D-)

Got to start building up another team ready for the conclusion of the Ring Generals/Milano Family Feud. And we do like the Southern Stars.

ANGLE: The Milano Family are out to disparage the last three teams, then Tommasso says that with Flash finished he feels like the King of New York. XXX hits and out comes Ernest Youngman to tell him he doesn’t mind last month’s beatdown, because he’s going to challenge for the title tonight. Tommasso freaks out. ©

SINGLES MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated Robin DaLay in 6:29 by submission with a Smooth Hold. (D-)

Seriously though, when was the last time Austin Smooth lost? He’s on a singles winning streak right here.

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine is out with his Tri-State Regional Title and says he’s a fighting champion and every month he’ll issue an open challenge. Greg Gauge comes out to accept. (D+)

NYCW TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE MATC: Logan Wolfsbaine © defeated Greg Gauge in 13:03 by count out. ©

HOLY COW! Hello great chemistry. That is what we call a lucky find and a half. The next generation of stars is already in NYCW and we’re going to milk this bad boy for everything it’s worth.

ANGLE: William Jetterson is out with a mic and he says that he’s tired of seeing people come in and get what he never had, an opportunity. So tonight, he makes one for himself. (D-)

SINGLES MATCH: William Jetterson defeated Xavi Ferrera in 9:34 by submission with a Viper Vice after blatantly cheating. (D)

Thank God we asked these boys to calm the crowd down, they did an excellent job of it ready for the final three matches.

ANGLE: Brutus Milano and Consigliari Harper are out to run down The Ring Generals ahead of their title defence. (D-)

NYCW TAG TEAM TITLES MATCH: The Milano Crew © drew with The Ring Generals in 13:06 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (D)

A little disappointing if we’re honest, but it’s a story we want to tell. In fun news me and new broadcast partner Rick Sanders have excellent chemistry calling the match.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is out to rapturous applause. He loves the fans very much and is happy to be the new face of the company. In respect of the past, he’ll take on Steve Flash… right… about…NOW! (B)

SINGLES MATCH: Ross Henry defeated Steve Flash in 22:24 by count out. (D+)

Is it wrong I’m a little disappointed with that one? Both guys gave equal effort, but Ross is younger and our franchise player. So I’ll blame Flash for now. Still not a disaster or anything.

ANGLE: Tommasso comes out to XXX and gives the New York City Sweat Hogs™ exactly what their wives wish they had. (B-)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Tommasso Milano © defeated Ernest Youngman in 13:04 by pinfall with a Guided Missile after Honest Frank Milano interfered. (C-)

So apparently Ernest and Tommasso don’t click, which made the bout awkward. God only knows what they’d have got without it. Still that’s a real shame for Ernest at this stage in his development. We’d need to rethink.

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman is being attacked, four-on-one, by Brutus Milano, Honest Frank Milano, Andrew Harper and Tommasso Milano in the ring. Seeing the assault, Ross Henry comes running in and helps fight the four attackers off, saving Youngman from a serious beating. (D+)

Somehow MAW Where it All Begins Again was headlines by Greg Gauge in a C+ barn-stomper. This gives them the victory and we come second again. Dammit. In other news Marat turned us down to sign with USPW after a bidding war with TCW, SWF, BHOTWG and NOTBPW. Good grief. We meanwhile, lost $5k. Soon we may have to trim some fat.

We also received news that QAW, ACPW and CILL have all joined the alliance. This takes us to 9 active members. Yeesh!

Next time on Death of the Territories… we’re two months away from the first ever King of New York tournament, so we’d need to start working out the champions in other COTT companies and invite them to participate. I wonder who PSW representative should be?

New York City…

We made our wheels and our deals and brought in no fewer than eighth of the top independent talents from the COTT. Due to roster size and slight concerns over money we dropped our production values across the board for a couple of months (except music of course) and we also gave everyone with a title in NYCW or COTT a BYE in the first round: Brutus Milano, Andrew Harper, Logan Wolfsbaine, Dean Waldorf, Marv Statler and Ernest Youngman.

Thus the brackets for the first round qualifiers are:

William Jetterson

Leper Messiah (FCW)

Greg Gauge (MAW)

Xavi Ferrera

Marcus Flores (OLLIE)

Animal Harker

Masked Mauler

Masked Cougar (CZCW)

Robin DaLay

Joe Gilbert (4C)

Grimm Quibble (ACPW)

Whitehorse Whittaker

Howlin Mad Mort

Tennessee William

Magik (CILL)

Ross Henry

JD Morgan (PSW)

Austin Smooth

So with those matches set for the next event, we got about planning the best way to proceed with the tournament.

The day of the show, the influx of new talent were causing my locker room problems. Magik didn’t show up to a meeting with Larry. So we fined him. Damn interlopers. Then Andrew Harper was pulled before a court of loaned talent for not shaking JD Morgan’s hand. That didn’t go down well. Thankfully Logan pulled a rib on Morgan shortly after which reduced the locker room to hysterics.

NYCW Old School 10: The Path to the Throne

Thursday, Week 2, November 2016

Attendance: 1,824

OPENING TAG TEAM MATCH: Ernest Youngman and Logan Wolfsbaine drew with Tommasso Milano and Honest Frank Milano in 12:50 following a double disqualification. ©

In order to get most people on the card I threw in this little tag team spectacular to start off. I’m not sure we’ll be able to top that any time soon. Building heat on the main event scene.

KONY ROUND 1 MATCH: Robin DaLay defeated Joe Gilbert in 6:28 by pinfall with a DaLay Down. (E-)

Ugly, ugly match. One of, if not the worst in the company’s history.

KONY ROUND 1 MATCH: Grimm Quibble defeated Whitehorse Whittaker in 7:03 by pinfall with a Quick Quibble Crash. (E+)

Isn’t it funny which performers have good chemistry with one another? Still we’d take it, anything to get the crowd back into the event.

KONY ROUND 1 MATCH: Howlin' Mad Mort defeated Tennessee William in 13:28 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D-)

One of the Boys of Yukon goes out, Howlin Mad, who a lot of people are hot on goes through. It also keeps the feud between the Boys and the Southern Stars alive.

KONY ROUND 1 MATCH: Austin Smooth defeated JD Morgan in 11:28 by submission with a Smooth Lock. (E+)

After the match, Smooth picks up the PSW Title and throws it down to the delight of the crowd. SHOTS FIRED!

KONY ROUND 1 MATCH: Greg Gauge defeated Xavi Ferrera in 13:23 by submission with a Proton Lock. (C-)

Following a match with high-drama we get a match with tip-top wrestling. Gauge continues to impress like nobody’s business and Xavi proves that he can hang too.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is out to say that once he’s forced his way to the finals of the King of New York he’s going to cash in and win the Empire Title from Tommasso. (C+)

KONY ROUND 1 MATCH: Ross Henry defeated Magik in 4:49 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (D-)

Henry’s worst match, but we successfully buried Magik for his attitude.

ANGLE: William Jetterson is out with Sir Hiss and he’s staking his claim for the King of New York title. He’ll start with the Joker rip-off from Puerto Rico. (D+)

KONY ROUND 1 MATCH: William Jetterson defeated Leper Messiah in 8:27 by submission with a Viper Vice. (D-)

Barely any of the incoming workers are safe with me calling the shots. Leper Messiah was not pleased with the outcome, but I found a way around the creative control clause and this is the result. Boom.

KONY ROUND 1 MATCH: Masked Cougar defeated The Masked Mauler in 11:56 by pinfall with an I am Cougar, Hear Me Roar. (E+)

Actually a little disappointed with this one. I know Mauler can be dreadful, but I was hopeful of Cougar showing me his goods. Instead he was off his game. Still, he gets another chance to prove to me he’s worthy of advancing.

KONY ROUND 1 MATCH: Animal Harker defeated Marcos Flores in 15:29 by pinfall with a Stump Piledriver. (E+)

This was meant to be Animal’s big test as a singles wrestler and he’s been found wanting. Back to tag team wrestling for now.

ANGLE: The Milano Crew talk about beating the Ring Generals tonight and winning the COTT World Tag Team Titles. (D)

COTT WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Ring Generals © defeated The Milano Crew in 13:10 when Dean Waldorf defeated Andrew Harper by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D+)

Dammit, I was really hopeful right there. But alas, it didn’t work out. I’m just not sure the Milano Crew are over enough. We’d work on that before the rubber match for all the marbles.

Not ideal, but it progressed the stories and now we can escalate the tournament in December before bringing it home with the big show.

PSW had their Call of the Wild show in which JD Morgan defeated Grandmaster Phunk in a D+ match. Then I found out that Tales of the Thunderverse ebook was released to much fanfare. That’s kinda cool right there.

Next time in Death of the Territories… Legends retire, MAW have a shakeup and we take the final step before The King of New York 1.

New York City…

Bryan Holmes retired and immediately opened a training school, but rather than calling it The Holme of Wrestling, he called it School of Holmes. Awful name. Mammoth also retired as the legends continue to drop like flies.

Things are being shaken up in MAW at The Proving Ground. Cheetah Boy beat Greg Gauge for the Mid Atlantic Championship Title. Also Nate DeMarcus defeated Hal Harvard for the Mid Atlantic American Title. Following the loss, they released Jonah Pilgrim. Poor lad. The show overall got a D+, which placed us last in our regional battles.

We notice a young worker with bags of potential appear and snap him up to a cheap contract. If nothing else I’m always willing to test the waters with new talent. Last month saw us lose $13,406, which is pretty bad. This month wasn’t going to be much better. Especially with new signings and Logan asking for and getting a pay rise. But dammit if I wasn’t going to go for it anyway. I’ll sort everything else out in the new year.

On the day of the show, Steve Flash, slightly upset from being left off the card last time made everyone pancakes. He’s a class act and I don’t deserve him.

NYCW Old School 11: The Final Step

Thursday, Week 2, December 2016

Attendance: 1,000

OPENING FATAL FOURWAY MATCH: The Masked Mauler defeated Harvey Robbinfield, Tennessee William and Whitehorse Whittaker in 8:18 when The Masked Mauler defeated Whitehorse Whittaker by submission with an Iron Claw. (E+)

Just wanted to squeeze everyone on the show. Plus debut Harvey Robbinfield. Match wasn’t great and his gimmick of a rich city slicker is apparently awful. Oh dear.

KONY ROUND 2 MATCH: Grimm Quibble defeated Howlin' Mad Mort in 8:22 by pinfall with a Quick Quibble Crash following interference from Animal Harker. (D-)

What can I say, I like Howlin Mad, but now isn’t the time to elevate. Grimm however looks like a rare find on the open market.

KONY ROUND 2 MATCH: Steve Flash defeated Robin DaLay in 11:03 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. (D)

Surprisingly decent match between these two considering how little popularity Flash has. I’m forming an idea for the future with this one.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is looking forward to his match with Austin Smooth. He respects the kid, but tonight he takes a step closer to the King of New York title and a match against Tommasso. (B-)

KONY ROUND 2 MATCH: Ross Henry defeated Austin Smooth in 12:06 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (C-)

Ross Henry is God. While I felt bad for Austin to finally have him lose, it did not hurt him one bit to lose to Ross.

KONY ROUND 2 MATCH: Andrew Harper defeated Marv Statler in 10:53 by pinfall with a Spike Slam after Honest Frank Milano interfered. (D+)

Believe it or not, there was no chemistry note and this was aimed to bring the crowd down. Awesome work chaps.

KONY ROUND 2 MATCH: Ernest Youngman defeated William Jetterson in 12:05 by pinfall with The Hit. ©

Forget Ross Henry, Ernest Youngman is GOD! He absolutely brought the goods here and made both he and Cobra look blinding in the process. Star-making performance really.

ANGLE: Brutus Milano is out to convince Logan to put the Tri-State Title on the line in there match too. Logan accepts. (D+)

KONY ROUND 2 MATCH (TRI-STATE REGIONAL TITLE): Logan Wolfsbaine © defeated Brutus Milano in 12:30 by pinfall with a handful of tights after failed interference from Andrew Harper. (C-)

We’re really cooking on gas now. I think with Greg, Ernest, Logan, Tommasso and Henry on the card every month we’re only going to go from strength to strength.

KONY ROUND 2 MATCH: Animal Harker defeated Masked Cougar in 12:07 by pinfall with a Stump Piledriver. (E+)

There’s always one disappointment and of course it comes from these two. That’s it for Masked Cougar. He wont be back soon. As for Animal, it’s definitely back to tag team wrestling after the tournament.

ANGLE: Greg Gauge says that he sees a lot of pretenders in New York, but only one man with the blood to be wrestling royalty. (D+)

KONY ROUND 2 MATCH: Greg Gauge defeated Dean Waldorf in 20:58 by submission with a Proton Lock after interference from Brutus Milano. (D+)

Actually a little disappointed here. Figured the two ring generals could have put something else together. Sadly it was not to be.

ANGLE: Tommasso is out for a strip-tease, but is interrupted by Xavi Ferrera, who is at a loose end and fancies a match to see how he compares to the champ. Tommasso laughs, so Xavi slaps him and it’s game on. (D+)

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Tommasso Milano © defeated Xavi Ferrera in 12:58 by pinfall with a Guided Missile after Honest Frank Milano interfered. (C-)

Well done both man. Hopefully saved the show a bit there.

SHOW RATING: D

With all the signs in there I had a feeling that we might just top our best ever show with King of New York 1. Wiley Steinway and Al the Hillbilly retired by the way.

Next time on Death of the Territories… The King of New York 1

KONY Quarter-Final 1: Grimm Quibble vs. Ross Henry

KONY Quarter-Final 2: Animal Harker vs. Steve Flash

KONY Quarter-Final 3: Ernest Youngman vs. Greg Gauge

KONY Quarter-Final 4: Logan Wolfsbaine vs. Andrew Harper

KONY Semi-Final: 1 vs. 2

KONY Semi-Final: 3 vs. 4

KONY Final:

The Ring Generals vs. Brutus and Frank Milano

NYCW Empire Title Match: Tommasso Milano © vs. Xavi Ferrera

New York City…

Only a couple of weeks since the last show, so let’s jump straight in. It’s Boxing Day, which means the new tradition stars with the first ever King of New York tournament.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/TCPinho/NYCW%20King%20of%20New%20York.jpg

NYCW The King of New York 1

Saturday, Week 3, December 2016

Attendance: 1,000

KING OF NEW YORK QUARTER FINAL: Steve Flash defeated Animal Harker in 10:57 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. (D+)

Great start as Flash carries Harker to one his best matches to date. I learnt my lesson though and Flash progresses.

KING OF NEW YORK QUARTER FINAL: Logan Wolfsbaine defeated Andrew Harper in 11:24 by submission with a Boston Crab. During the match we also saw Dean Waldorf run in and attack Harper, and Marv Statler also attack Harper. (C-)

Great match there and get this, they have no chemistry. Can you imagine if they were simply two guys with no chemistry good or bad.

ANGLE: Ross Henry is out and his message is short and sweet. Tonight he wins it all, then he gets Tommasso and finally takes his place at the top of the mountain. (B-)

KING OF NEW YORK QUARTER FINAL: Ross Henry defeated Grimm Quibble in 7:42 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (D-)

Second awkward pairing chemistry note of the night and this one impacted more than the last. Perhaps Ross isn’t quite ready to carry younger, more awkward talent just yet. At least it was short.

ANGLE: Ernest Youngman believes if he can get over Gauge, the title is basically his. (C+)

KING OF NEW YORK QUARTER FINAL: Greg Gauge defeated Ernest Youngman in 11:49 by submission with a Proton Lock after blatantly cheating. (B-!!!!!!!!!)

THAT’S HOW WE ROLL. THAT’S NYCW BIATCH! Ahem. I can’t tell you how amazing it was to see this match come to fruition. No chemistry notes, no ‘stealing the show’ notes. Just two guys going out to be the best. It should be noted Ernest Youngman outperformed Greg Gauge. Make of that what you will.

COTT WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES: The Ring Generals © defeated The Boys From The Yukon in 7:51 when Dean Waldorf defeated Howlin' Mad Mort by pinfall with a Wheelbarrow Bomb. (D)

The crowd needed to calm down after the last match, and this one fit the bill perfectly.

KING OF NEW YORK SEMI FINAL: Ross Henry defeated Steve Flash in 11:31 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (C-)

Picking the crowd back up with a decent showcase match from both men. Henry outperformed the veteran, but both worked hard to build up the crowd again.

NYCW EMPIRE TITLE MATCH: Tommasso Milano © defeated Xavi Ferrera in 13:07 by pinfall with a Guided Missile. (C-)

Reasonably short match to showcase both and to keep the interest of the crowd. With two matches left on the card, we have some potentially explosive action. Here we go…

ANGLE: Logan Wolfsbaine delivers a promo saying nobody thought he could get this far. But he believed and tonight he’s going all the way for the USA! ©

KING OF NEW YORK SEMI FINAL: Greg Gauge defeated Logan Wolfsbaine in 23:08 by submission with a Proton Lock after blatantly cheating. (C+)

Another instant classic from these two with great chemistry. Sure Logan lost, but we protected him and had Gauge cheat. Plus he’s still Tri-State champion and we know there’s one more match from these two before it’s run into the ground. Great stuff. Just the interview and the main event to go.

ANGLE: Ross Henry and Greg Gauge meet in the ring. Covered in sweat and breathing heavily. They’ve barely got anything left. They simply shake hands and the bell rings. (B-)

KING OF NEW YORK FINAL: Ross Henry defeated Greg Gauge in 17:08 by pinfall with an Earthquake Powerslam. (D)

DISASTER STRIKES!!! Greg Gauge separated his shoulder in the match, which combined with it’s obvious lack of quality compared to other matches meant that the crowd were exhausted.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANGLE: Tommasso Milano comes to the ring with the Empire Title and squares up to Ross Henry who has the King of New York trophy. The words turn physical and the rest of the locker room pours out to separate them. A banner unfurls from above the ring that reads:

NYCW Empire City Showdown I

March 2017

King of New York vs. Empire Champion

(C+)

SHOW RATING: D

WHY GOD WHY!!!!!

We also lost $28k. Time to bring in the new year by scaling back operations and trying, desperately to save money.

Next time on Death of the Territories… COTT Annual Meeting and then a Year in Review 2016.

Archived