Ive bought TEW16 as its a game/series that I love and want to really get involved in.

However I always end up overwhelmed by it. One of the big problems I have is finding the right angles to use and in the end, I just settle for something as what I want to happen is not there.

Other things, like ive seen mentioned on here like 'comedy' matches, how do I even get to do anything like that.

I just feel like theres a great game there, but im restricted by just not knowing what I have to do.

However I always end up overwhelmed by it. One of the big problems I have is finding the right angles to use and in the end, I just settle for something as what I want to happen is not there.

You can write your own angles, either by copying/cloning existing ones, or making them up on-the-fly in the angle writer when booking your show - you can literally just pick 1-8 people, tell the game what you want them rated on (Overness, Microphone, Entertainment, Sex Appeal, Menace) and how long you want it to run for.

As for the rest, just play around a little. Maybe try running a game where you have a 0 popularity company with a little cash (say 50k) - you'll only need to run a handful of segments per show and can experiment freely: No matter how bad your show is, when you're starting from 0 popularity the only way is up :)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mmartin68" data-cite="mmartin68" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41871" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am new to the game . Where is the "angle writer"? Thanks in advance!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>1. Press "Add Angle" on the booking screen</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Then...</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i.imgur.com/UzaZrlr.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>"Freestyle Angle" is cool too, Just fill in a title such as "In-ring promo with John Cena describing how AJ will be fighting the Face That Runs The Place"</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> so then you just fill it the blanks</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> 1. John Cena, Entertainment, minor success, on screen, etc</strong></p><p><strong> 2. AJ Styles, Overness, minor defeat, off screen, etc</strong></p>

Freestyle Angle is such a lifesaver. I write my storylines so meticulously that I create every angle from scratch each time, I rarely use the defaults. I wish we could put in a bit of commentary on these too but that's just me wanting maximum immersion I suppose, once the show has finished you can't see that anyway.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrwhippy" data-cite="mrwhippy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41871" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Freestyle Angle is such a lifesaver. I write my storylines so meticulously that I create every angle from scratch each time, I rarely use the defaults. I wish we could put in a bit of commentary on these too but that's just me wanting maximum immersion I suppose, once the show has finished you can't see that anyway.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I use Freestyle Angle writing for the opener kinda like how Raw always opens with something unique like the Highlite Reel or Authority or Roman</p><p> </p><p> its a god send, other than that, i just fill in the middle of the show and possible freestyle angle at the end</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41871" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I use freestyle angle to make a new one and keep it as a default in my database will it stay there in this save only or along every new game/database I play?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. The only way to do what you're asking is to make the angle up in a database before starting a game. </p><p> </p><p> When you change databases, you'd need to import the angle.</p><p> </p><p> Nothing you do in a save game has an effect on anything outside the save game itself.</p>

No. The only way to do what you're asking is to make the angle up in a database before starting a game.

When you change databases, you'd need to import the angle.

Nothing you do in a save game has an effect on anything outside the save game itself.

That's what I was hoping. I made a few mistakes in making angles and I can't get rid of them in my test game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41871" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's what I was hoping. I made a few mistakes in making angles and I can't get rid of them in my test game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Go to the options screen in game and click delete data. You can delete matches and angles in the save game that way.</p>

<p>Didn't some throw together a pretty neat simplified Angle Pack? Maybe that'll help Drebin out.</p><p> </p><p>

When I first started playing back in 2008, I definitely found the number of angles available a bit overwhelming. With 2016, I pretty much exclusively use Freestyle Angles. I don't need to have the commentary/description seeing as I keep a track of all of the details outside of my game. I might want to see that stuff if if there was a way to go back and read a more in-depth recap of your historical shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UkWrestleFan" data-cite="UkWrestleFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41871" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Didn't some throw together a pretty neat simplified Angle Pack? Maybe that'll help Drebin out.<p> </p><p> When I first started playing back in 2008, I definitely found the number of angles available a bit overwhelming. With 2016, I pretty much exclusively use Freestyle Angles. I don't need to have the commentary/description seeing as I keep a track of all of the details outside of my game. I might want to see that stuff if if there was a way to go back and read a more in-depth recap of your historical shows.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe it was <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533575" rel="external nofollow">my angle pack</a> for this year's game?</p><p> </p><p> Just 80 angles and much easier to choose one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41871" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Go to the options screen in game and click delete data. You can delete matches and angles in the save game that way.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks I didn't know that.</p>

Archived