The NYCW Thread

<p>So one of the things I just ran was an event called King of New York tournament. It's my biggest show of the year run as a season finale and has two tournaments. The first tournament is a tag team tournament featuring The Ring generals, The Rock City Stars, The Old School principles, Notorious(CZCW released them I picked them up), the Southern Stars(current NYCW tag team champs) Young guns (Austin Smooth, and Xavi Ferrera), The fighting Irish, and Rich and Famous (CoTT tag team champions and automatic play in) the idea of this tournament was to play several storylines. The Fighting Irish just reformed and beat the southern Stars and took the New York City Tag Team Championships that are on the line whenever the Champs are in a match. That will fuel their break up later. I had the Fighting Irish win all the way to the finals and beat the ring generals thanks to Young Guns interfering since young guns are feuding with ring genrals. </p><p> </p><p>

This tournament setup the Fighting Irish as the King of New York tournament winners New York tag team champions and solid mid card for my promotion over the next 5 years. </p><p> </p><p>

I set up a King of New York singles tournament where Eranest Youngman the refining tri state champion won the whole thing beating Steve Flash in the finals. Eranest is now so over he will win the Empire championship and become the youngest empire champion.</p>

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>What do people do with the COTT Tag Titles?</p><p> </p><p>

They are more important than the NYCW titles but I am not sure exactly what to do with them. Do I have The Ring Generals defend them at every show? Or do I hold off on it and only have them defend their titles every once and awhile?</p><p> </p><p>

Should I have the Ring Generals get involved in the NYCW Tag Titles scene as well even though that is a lesser title. It is such an odd situation, I guess I could look at it like one title is the NWA World Tag Title and the other is the NWA U.S. Tag Titles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do people do with the COTT Tag Titles?<p> </p><p> They are more important than the NYCW titles but I am not sure exactly what to do with them. Do I have The Ring Generals defend them at every show? Or do I hold off on it and only have them defend their titles every once and awhile?</p><p> </p><p> Should I have the Ring Generals get involved in the NYCW Tag Titles scene as well even though that is a lesser title. It is such an odd situation, I guess I could look at it like one title is the NWA World Tag Title and the other is the NWA U.S. Tag Titles.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's very expensive, but I like running COTT-branded events with the COTT titles whenever I am in a COTT promotion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41901" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do people do with the COTT Tag Titles?<p> </p><p> They are more important than the NYCW titles but I am not sure exactly what to do with them. Do I have The Ring Generals defend them at every show? Or do I hold off on it and only have them defend their titles every once and awhile?</p><p> </p><p> Should I have the Ring Generals get involved in the NYCW Tag Titles scene as well even though that is a lesser title. It is such an odd situation, I guess I could look at it like one title is the NWA World Tag Title and the other is the NWA U.S. Tag Titles.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When I was with MAW, I enjoyed having MAW Tag Team & COTT World Tag Team champions on my brand because I liked to have few title changes and enjoyed having mostly title matches on my card. If I had say Nate DeMarcus & Tyrone Gray as my MAW Tag Team champs and they'd finished up a program with Syd Collier & Cameron Jones then I could have the latter two with the COTT World Tag Team titles and they'd both defend against a variety of teams on the roster. I did the same with the world title. In the case of the top title though, the MAW Championship always headlined over the COTT one.</p>

Archived