The best way to bring out the potential in those destiny rolls?

It's 1991, I've got Brian Pillman and Shawn Michaels both showing "something special" in Next Big Things and "fantastic in-ring performer" under Hot Prospects.

I've got Pillman at LMC, and HBK at MC.

Outside of winning matches, what's the best way(s) to nurture their possible development into the greatest wrestlers to ever set foot inside the squared circle?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Justin" data-cite="Justin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42356" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's 1991, I've got Brian Pillman and Shawn Michaels both showing "something special" in Next Big Things and "fantastic in-ring performer" under Hot Prospects. <p> </p><p> I've got Pillman at LMC, and HBK at MC.</p><p> </p><p> Outside of winning matches, what's the best way(s) to nurture their possible development into the greatest wrestlers to ever set foot inside the squared circle?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> based on my experience, it's putting them with quality performers they can learn from (maybe a tag with someone way better in terms of skills). I think a high work rate helps too, but don't quote me on that one.</p>

In fact, winning matches isn't that important.

Momentum has more effect on popularity than it has on in-ring skills.

Like liontamer wrote, in order to lead them to their full potential they have to take part to matches with better workers. Either facing them, or teaming with them.

However, this is particularly true for poor to average young workers.

Since they seem to have really good destiny rolls (or really good stats already) by being both noted with something special in them (check their star quality stat) and as future fantastic in-ring performers, their path to greatness is already written.

Just try to focus on their performance skills if you want but just by using them regularly while keeping their momentum at least at minor negative when they're still in development phase, they should be fine.

How about this. I'm playing a RW mod as WWE and Paige is marked as a next big thing. How can I develop her more when she's one of the better workers in the female division already? Getting her in matches with those much better than her is nearly impossible.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lois lily" data-cite="lois lily" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42356" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How about this. I'm playing a RW mod as WWE and Paige is marked as a next big thing. How can I develop her more when she's one of the better workers in the female division already? <strong>Getting her in matches with those much better than her is nearly impossible</strong>.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No its not. Mixed tag matches with skilled male workers, or bring in the most skilled female wrestlers the mod has to work dark matches against her.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42356" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No its not. Mixed tag matches with skilled male workers, or bring in the most skilled female wrestlers the mod has to work dark matches against her.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What a ridiculously simple solution that I'd never thought of!! I'll be giving this a bash later!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lois lily" data-cite="lois lily" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42356" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How about this. I'm playing a RW mod as WWE and Paige is marked as a next big thing. How can I develop her more when she's one of the better workers in the female division already? Getting her in matches with those much better than her is nearly impossible.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know if it's viable since I never tried it (and never read that someone actually did), but you can try to put her in single matchs against great male workers on your B-Show.</p><p> </p><p> Sure, since women have their own division the match rating will likely sucks due to a disappointed audience, but since B-Shows only has little impact on your popularity, who cares about the audience ?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Sure, it's not a realistic approach but TEW isn't a perfect simulation of real life wrestling industry.</p><p> So why not using some gameplay possibilities ?</p><p> </p><p> But once again, with characters who show major potential, using them intensively against anyone, good or bad, is often enough to make them stars.</p>

Sure, since women have their own division the match rating will likely sucks due to a disappointed audience, but since B-Shows only has little impact on your popularity, who cares about the audience ?

Not sure if it has to do with product, but I've run intergender matches in promotions that are not integrated and got good match grades (in the B range) and actually just recently saw AI USPW get a B rated match out of The Natural vs. Brooke Tyler at a PPV.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nebradska" data-cite="nebradska" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42356" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not sure if it has to do with product, but I've run intergender matches in promotions that are not integrated and got good match grades (in the B range) and actually just recently saw AI USPW get a B rated match out of The Natural vs. Brooke Tyler at a PPV.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Great to know !</p><p> </p><p> So my "trick" could be a good one.</p>

Archived