Building Importance

I have been killing it in my 1997 WWF game, but I have not seen an increase in Importance in most areas. My popularity is souring. I am a B pretty much in every region of the world, but I cannot make the jump in company size to International. Any advice on how to improve my Importance?

Im having the same problem. Im in August 2004 with Ring of Honor, and I've been stuck on D pop in tri-state with a couple E- and F everywhere else, despite having a television show and monthly events which have trebled in ratings nationwide since the start of the game (February 2002). Every show always says "This show increased our popularity in __ amount of regions", but my importance size has barely moved. I've also been number one in every regional battle, with the exception of maybe one or two at the beginning of the game. It's looking like I'll be waiting a lot of years in-game before I can finally reach Cult level. Is there some tried and tested way to increase importance because I really want to get to Cult, I'm tired of WWE stealing all my stars so want to tie them down to written deals

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kito333" data-cite="kito333" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have been killing it in my 1997 WWF game, but I have not seen an increase in Importance in most areas. My popularity is souring. I am a B pretty much in every region of the world, but I cannot make the jump in company size to International. Any advice on how to improve my Importance?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My advice is if you are having fun. Go to editor and put max size at national. Trust me the safety net comes off at international. What I mean is you lose pop every day. It is part of the game. So the biggest thing to make you mad is at international level. You can raise to international then drop to national the next day. All because you didn't book a show that day. You go a month with no pop at all for nothing you did at all. National level is fine for a perfect fun game. The bigger you get the better the ratings have to be. I know how to book 90's everytime. It is not fun at all to book the same stars over and over again. I think working people is best part of tew period. You make plenty of money at national. It gets to a point for me. The money becomes meaningless. You can't buy anybody out unless there is debt. You can't buy out contracts. Just 2 examples for you. Just my advice for you. If you take it cool if not cool. Trust me on the international raise then drop national the next day</p>

<p>That's not really an answer though. It seems like 2016 has taken a few steps back from 2013. Maybe that's because they hit the wall with the improvements they made in 2013?</p><p> </p><p>

While it should be somewhat difficult to rise in status, it shouldn't be impossible and it shouldn't take years. WCW, I'd say, took a year to increase their size. That was when business was booming. Mechanics just seem.....off....in this new game.</p>

It is not hard to rise in size. It is hard if you don't target that area. If you stay in the great lakes the whole time. You will go up but not as fast if you were in that one area that you need to get higher. If you are looking to cheat it. Just go to your broadcaster. Put it everywhere on the range. Personally I start in my home area. I start at 0 pop then stay there until I get high enough for a tv show. I then stay in that area for a little longer. I then work my way down leveling up the rest of my region. It depends on your mod. I have it set in my mod. 23 overness is all you need for a local tv show. There is a local station for each place in the game. So you can keep picking up different stations as you grow in size. After a year in the great lakes. Paige is at 100 overness in great lakes and 80's in midwest, tristate, and midsouth. She is my top worker. I'm the number 1 federation in great lakes but ranked 33 out of 78 feds. So I'm making money and doing fine. It justs takes time. My other suggestion is book more events and not tv show. Make sure your broadcaster is ppv or commerical. I find these are the best 2 to use in the game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Henderson" data-cite="Henderson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's not really an answer though. It seems like 2016 has taken a few steps back from 2013. Maybe that's because they hit the wall with the improvements they made in 2013?<p> </p><p> While it should be somewhat difficult to rise in status, it shouldn't be impossible and it shouldn't take years. WCW, I'd say, took a year to increase their size. That was when business was booming. Mechanics just seem.....off....in this new game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If your company has $Texas to sign every big name that gets to the end of their WWE contract as well as signing up TNA & ROH talents, then yes I'd say you'd have a comparable WCW comparison on how to get from Cult to National (& higher). Not to mention that WCW had essentially been Crockett Promotions before their name was changed, so it's not like they just randomly opened up in the early 90s & signed people either, they had been around in the Mid Atlantic & Southeast regions for awhile</p><p> </p><p> But ROH has been around over a decade and I'd say they've been Regional/Cult for a vast majority of that. TNA has been around a decade too and while some may say they were National at some points, I personally wouldn't say they were ever above Cult</p><p> </p><p> If you wanna go from Regional to National quickly, it can be done, you just typically have to give yourself chunks of cash, spend the cash on stars whenever you get a chance, and have lots of shows (remember, WCW had multiple TV stations that allowed them multiple shows a week too, another huge advantage)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scuba steve" data-cite="scuba steve" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42602" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If your company has $Texas to sign every big name that gets to the end of their WWE contract as well as signing up TNA & ROH talents, then yes I'd say you'd have a comparable WCW comparison on how to get from Cult to National (& higher). Not to mention that WCW had essentially been Crockett Promotions before their name was changed, so it's not like they just randomly opened up in the early 90s & signed people either, they had been around in the Mid Atlantic & Southeast regions for awhile<p> </p><p> But ROH has been around over a decade and I'd say they've been Regional/Cult for a vast majority of that. TNA has been around a decade too and while some may say they were National at some points, I personally wouldn't say they were ever above Cult</p><p> </p><p> If you wanna go from Regional to National quickly, it can be done, you just typically have to give yourself chunks of cash, spend the cash on stars whenever you get a chance, and have lots of shows (remember, WCW had multiple TV stations that allowed them multiple shows a week too, another huge advantage)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The last part is a way but a easier way is what I do.</p><p> </p><p> Much more performance based product. Once your people get up to 40's. You should be doing 80's easy. If you have good stat people. You can even focus on just one stat in performance based product. I have a pure brawling based product. I could give you. You just sign anybody with high brawling. It comes down to brawl and pop mainly. My fav product is based on tech and flyers only. A brawler will not work in this product. So yes you could sign a cheap flyer from mexico vs cheap flyer from japan. You pay around 500 bucks for a 50 match with people with no pop at all. If you are a small fed. Otherwise you may get the jobber hit. So my new suggestion is go performance based product. I would share my products with you. I would even tell you what I got set for my user preferences. Since some of those can hurt your ratings.</p>

<p>Company Important = Popularity * Regional Importance</p><p> </p><p>

If a region has 80% importance, every point of popularity you gain only raises your importance by 0.8. Regional importance can also rise and fall and are unrelated to your shows.</p><p> </p><p>

National battles are now based off star quality and popularity of the company's five most over workers in the nation. Head-to-head show quality no longer matters.</p><p> </p><p>

TV shows gain you far less popularity than events do.</p><p> </p><p>

You don't lose popularity daily while international. Regional importance can fall from day to day and cause you to drop back to national. However, there is no "shock state" like there is for dropping from national to cult.</p><p> </p><p>

The quickest way to rise from regional to cult is to run weekly events, not TV shows, in two regions.</p>

Archived